DDLC - Poetry In Motion, Walking By My Side - (JennyDK & AirAllie14)

Roleplay between: @JennyDK and @AirAllie14.

Overall premise:
The Literature Club is a newly formed place where lovers of literature can meet up and explore the many aspects that make up this entity such as literature. Monika. the club president, has already somehow managed to get two other young females to join there, but they are not enough members to be officially recognized and thus fulfilled as a club. However, a sudden fourth potential does eventually show up rather out of nowhere. A rather bombastic, blunt and brash sort of girl by the name of Natsuki. Even though her prefered type of literature, manga, is not exactly acknowledged by the merits she thinks it has, there ought to still be room for people who enjoy this, right? It may take some time and work for Monika and the others to accept this branch of literature and Natsuki herself...

----------------------------------------------

Another day is starting in the Literature Club for the three girls: Monika, Sayori and Yuri. By now they have more or less established some routines between each other and for themselves. Indeed, it is a rather and homogenous existance for the clubmembers in here on their own - even if they are not fully acknowledged by the school as their own club. However, there have been set a plan into motion with putting up flyers which is to lead to more members.

Today, their prayers for more such members is half way heard as there is indeed someone new arriving at the clubroom. The door opens up and a pink haired and short lithe girl walks inside of the room, looking faintly unsure if she should have gone here in the first place."Hello. I am Natsuki...is this the Literature Club?", she asks, rather humbly so far. She glances over the three members, seeing there are only 3 of them and all of them girls. For some reason, she is quite relieved by these facts. She even recognizes the very famous and even more popular Monika.

87fe9b84662c67cee44425ab43ee8ab1.jpg.3c7

• Love 2

Despite the minor struggles between herself and both Sayori and Yuri, Monika has still somehow managed to keep both girls interested in the club as well as making a bond to them in the process. However, little does she know that the biggest challenge to her role as a club leader and the club as a whole was about to show up. The long haired and pretty Monika is quietly going over some of her new ideas for recruitment and plans for what book the club could work on next as the door opens up and they are all seeing the newest potential member. Honestly, normally Monika is rather fast to get an impression of someone, right or wrong, but with this pink haired one, she is not at all sure what to think right as she enters, other than she might be a bit unsure."Hello! Welcome, welcome! Yes, we are the Literature Club", she says warmly as she gets up from her seat and comes over to greet the newcomer more in person and face to face.

444-4442532_doki-doki-literature-club-mo

• Love 2

Natsuki looked over at Monika as she approached her and looked over at the other members. Was this really all the members? For some reason that actually made her feel happy that it was so small. She didn’t recognize the two, maybe seeing them around once in a while but she definitely recognized Monika, she always saw her smiling and happy and making friends, everywhere she looked it’s like she was Monika doing something different. She held up a flier saying, “I saw this and thought about maybe joining. I was in a club before but left… are you guys, all there is…?”

• Love 1

Having no idea who this new girl is, Monika will have to mostly play things by ear and try to get a feel for what sort of person Natsuki is. As the club president is asked about this being the only members there are, she takes a brief moment to look in the direction of Sayori and Yuri, with Yuri looking down into her recent book and Sayori devouring her way through a bag of cookies."Uhhmm...well, yes....however, this is a very new club after all...however, you do start somewhere....right? Anyway, I am happy to see you Natsuki....what drove you to this club in particular?", Monika dares to ask,

• Love 2

Natsuki nodded at Monika saying, “Right..” she did remember reading on the flier about this club being new and that being the point of advertising it in the first place, to get more members. She then looked at the other girl as she asked her question. Natsuki frowned a bit as she asked what drove her to this club. She seemed to be thinking back at something but shook her head and smiled uttered, “w-well um… I like literature, specifically… manga…” Natsuki looked up at Monika wondering how she could react to hearing this

• Love 2

Sayori doesn't either notice what is being said or, more likely, doesn't seem to really care, with her focus being placed on the chocolate cookie treats of her bad. Yuri actually looking up briefly from her book, but not long enough for anyone to notice her rolling her eyes a bit as well as a stifled sigh. Monika and Natsuki are certainly more focused on their own exchange here. Monika, for half a second or so, thinks she may have heard wrong and that Natsuki was kidding. She tries to hide her embarrassement and light disdain for the subject matter with a light and forced laughter whilst scratching her head a bit."Ohhhhh...I...I see...manga....huh? Uhhmmm...well, that is certainly a first....here..so uhhmm...any...any other type of literature you enjoy?", she asks, the otherwise very collected, calm and confident looking girl seeming very awkward.

• Love 2

Natsuki didn’t notice the other’s and only focused on Monika. She could see it in her face and she could tell. She had the exact same reaction that everyone had when she told them that she liked manga. She frowned and sighed. She could hear the awkwardness in Monika’s voice and saw how fast she wanted to change the subject, but she wouldn’t have it. “No, I don’t. I only read manga! Manga is a form of literature too you know!” She utters, angrily, becoming abrasive, it was evident just how passionate she was about this subject.

• Love 2

Monika takes a step back out of sheer surprise and instinct due to Natsuki being this vocal and stubborn."I...I...I see...yess, well. I am sure we can have room for that too here...uhhmm...but you would have to bring it yourself. I think the only other here who might read it is Sayori...", the president speaks up, mentioning the vice president. This causes the caramel haired other girl to perk up and she can tell that Monika is speaking to a new person and the mood seeming a bit....unpleasant. She slips off from sitting on the edge of the desk and slips closer."Ohhhhh hiiiii! Oh, you are cute! Welcome the club. I am vice president Sayori!", she says, trying to lighten the mood, her face showing a genuine and bright smile.

• Love 2

Natsuki continued to look at Monika saying, “I will bring it…” she told her and thought about something briefly that made her frown but then was snapped out of her thought as she looked up to see another member of the club approach her. She blinked at Sayori’s bubbly attitude and felt herself calming down a bit as she uttered, “Oh um… thank you… my name is Natsuki. Nice to meet you too, Sayori.”

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 2

Monika sigh deeply in relief inwardly as Sayori seemed to save the day and she low key give thanks for letting the otherwise slightly ditzy and bubbly girl be vice president, despite not being well versed in literature and all. She certainly still has lots to learn when dealing with others and especially with her as the president too. The president's own facial expressions turns much less tense and worried and Monika is able to calm down as well, hopefully leading to better interactions with this new potential member of the club."We do have a closet where you can put them at when you bring them...also, this girl with her face in the book is Yuri. I am sure she will greet you once she feels ready for it...", she goes on, trying to get herself into the conversation again."Cookie?", Sayori almost innocently asks and offers some from her bag of home made bakery her mother made.

• Love 2

Natsuki turned to Monika as she spoke to her and looked over at the closet nodding and thought to herself, ‘at least I’ll have a good place to keep them…’ She then looked over at Yuri, the purple haired girl seeming more interested in her boom than her presence, she figured she would get to know her later. Her attention was then brought back to Sayori as she offered her a cookie and blinked, “um.. sure..” Natsuki then had a cookie and uttered, “mmm… these are really good! Did you bake these? You know I um.. like to bake a bit myself..”

• Love 1

Sayori smiles softly as she grabs one of them."Oh these? No no...my mother made those. I am too clutzy and forgetful to properly bake, hahaha...", Sayori admits fully and without shame. Before any reply is given, the slightly ditzy girl is already munching on her next cookie, clearly in her own world for a brief moment."So...Natsuki. Sayoir and I were talking about maybe doing some introductory literary thing here....like making poems. Would that be something you would consider? After all, it can be a good and creative way to express yourself", Monika says cautiously as she would rather not want another outburst if it can be helped.

• Love 2

Natsuki nodded at what Sayori said and thought about baking something for her. Her attention then moved back to Monika as she spoke about the idea she had Sayori had. “Poetry? Sure why not, that sounds like it could be fun,” Natsuki smiled at Monika. Poetry wasn’t something that Natsuki was super big on but she thought it would be fun to write some for a change.

• Love 2

Monika is yet again hit by confusion and shock as Natsuki, who were clearly not currently not for other literature (or simply defending manga at least), so easily accept something like this. She honestly have no idea how to "measure" someone like her just yet, but at least this is something that shows progress can be made. Perhaps she can even be persuaded to try "real" books sometime? The president stands in her own thoughts from all of this hitting her at once, but snaps out of it as Sayori gently nudges her side."Ohhh..oh...gre..great! Very good to hear...I have some experience with it...a little bit, at least, haha. It was actually Yuri who suggested that we tried to do such a thing", Monika explains. Finally, the last member puts down her book and walks over to the others."I suppose I should be greeting you as well. It would be rude otherwise. What was your name again...?", Yuri asks as she comes over to meet the newcomer.

• Love 2

Natsuki nodded at Monika saying, “I don’t really write a lot of poetry but, I think it could be something fun to get into.” She then blinked and looked o we at Yuri took a break from her book and approached her. “Hi, I’m Natsuki,” she said introducing herself to the purple haired girl, “you’re Yuri right?” She asked even though she already knew that was her name from Monika, she was just trying to get a conversation going. Yuri intimated her a bit. When she looked at her, she seemed like a complete opposite of herself, she hoped that wouldn’t get in the way of anything and genuinely hoped that they could be friends.

• Love 2

Yuri seemed to overheard the topic of what literature the pink haired girl liked, which is probably for the best for now."Yes, I am. Not to be rude, but I would love to get back to my book...I just wanted to at least come over and greet the new person. I hope you can introduce me to some good books while you are here Natsuki", she says and silently makes her leave to go back to what she was doing before. Monika tries not to comment on that really and let things go on - hopefully peacefully."So....I heard you like to bake Natsuki? Like what sort of stuff? Is there a chance we might ever get to try any of it?", Monika chimes in, feeling pretty good about the shift in converstion here.

• Love 2

Natsuki smiled as she continued to talk to Yuri and nodded as she told her that she wanted to go back to her book. She did get a little excited however as Yuri said that she hoped Natsuki could introduce her to some good books. “Yeah no problem. I’ll bring my manga over tomorrow so all of you guys can see and read it.” She watched as Yuri then went back over to her book and turned her attention back to Monika who began to speak once again. Natsuki nodded at her saying, “yeah. I like to bake cupcakes mostly. I love to make some for you guys if you want.”

• Love 2

Yuri does hear the mention of mangas before she reaches her seat from before and she can't really hide her rolling her eyes, though perhaps Natsuki might not notice, though her sigh is harder to hide though. Sayori is still focused on the conversation between the three of them however."Ohh...I read one of those once...I..I am not really good at focusing on reading a lot. I did try very hard to read some of Yuri's stuff....even made notes to help me understand the complex and deep worlds and characters her books have in them...", she says, looking a bit sheepish as she recalls the incident from earlier, though it thankfully did eventually end well between them."Ohhh...I am sure you will be VERY popular with Sayori then...she can scoff down at any time...haha", Monika jokes lightly and the other girl just nods and giggles.

• Love 2

Natsuki nodded at both of them saying, “well tomorrow when I bring in my manga, all of you will get to experience it and hopefully like some.. and as fire cupcakes, I would definitely be up to maki g some for you Sayori and all of you. At first I was a little hesitant and I know things got a little heated but, I think I’ll enjoy it and here and I think this could just be the club for me, so I’d like to officially join Monika.”

• Love 2

OOC: I will be trying to still be true to the sort of tension and drama in the side stories, but without making it too heavy or following it too closely. I hope it have/will be giving that impression. Not a huge fan of heavy drama myself, so I think using them as inspiration works best for the two of us.

Monika feels a sudden urge to say something that would be quite rude, so she manages to stop herself and instead utter her feelings and thoughts in a, hopefully, better manner."Uhhmmm...I really appreciate the enthusiasm, but I am not sure if manga is going to be something I will be overly interested...I mean, I can try....but I very much doubt you will be getting Yuri on board", she says as carefully as she can, whilst looking a bit sideways towards Sayori to gauge her impression and reaction to that. The bow wearing girl is just finishing another cookie before chiming in."I think you should try and ease the others into it....if you know what I mean?", she says, hoping the new girl doesn't react too strongly.

• Love 2

OOC: Sounds good to me.

Natsuki listened to what Monika had to say and felt down a little bit then heard what Sayori said and immediately felt better. She was right. She knew that manga wasn’t for everyone and knew that a good number of people would never give it a chance, thinking about it as childish, but she was determined to get the members of this club to acknowledge it as a form or literature, and if they didn’t, we’ll then that was their choice but she would continue to love it and defend it. “You’re right Sayori. I think that would be for the best. Tomorrow when I bring my manga, at least give it a chance and if it’s not for you, then I’ll accept that.”

• Love 2

OOC: Thank you. It can be a bit tough when you are not used to making drama, to find the right balance between too much of it and none at all, where I am more used to the latter. I am also not really sure what else to fill in the day of club here, so perhaps a timeskip to the next meeting would be fitting in between?

Monika nods once more, very glad that Sayori is a good mediator and that she can usually help resolve things and she can sigh in relief as she is sure they avoided a potential conflict. Right now, the biggest issue would likely be to see if Natsuki and Yuri could co-exist in here together. The four of them are so very different after all, so situations are sure to come up, but Monika is determined to try and grow as a leader to address them when they show up."Sounds like a good idea to me. So...shall we try and go over some basics about poetry...and we can try and get started on our own?", Monika replies back, hoping that would be enough for the day at least.

• Love 2

OOC: Yup, sounds good to me. Did you want me to do the time skip or are you going to initiate it?

Natsuki looked at Monika and signed a bit. The future in this club was uncertain but no matter what she would take this one day at a time. Natsuki but a smile on her da e and nodded at Monika saying, “Yeah, sure thing.” She then came over and began to talk about poetry with Monika. She was looking forward to learning more about poetry and getting into writing some herself. 

• Love 1

OOC: I am including one in this post I personally feel is decent, but let me know if you wish me to change anything.

Monika is relieved things are generally going like this: fairly nice and easy. She also informs Yuri of her "lecture" about writing and poetry, though it hardly is something the purple haired girl has a need for. The group of girls gather closer afterwards and Monika gives her initial tips and ideas for newcomers to the aforementioned subjects. It is quite basic and some even come off as something that is obvious, as the president decides to simply go from the very beginning. After about 20 minutes she is finished with mostly monologue along with examples."So...any comments or questions?", she asks, with Yuri clearly knowing all of it and Sayori lightly confused, but still interested.

• Love 2

OOC: Sounds good. No I don’t need you to change anything.

Natsuki took a seat at one of the desks and began to listen as Monika gave her lecture on poetry and writing them. Natsuki did her best to pay attention and focus on what Monika was saying. There was some points we’re here mind began to spin but overall she thought that she would be fine. She would try her best. She smiled at Monika and shook her head, “Nope no questions. I think I more of less understand. I’ll do my best.”

• Love 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up