DDLC - Poetry In Motion, Walking By My Side - (JennyDK & AirAllie14)

Natsuki placed down her own box and smiled over at Monika saying, “oh no, these are multiple different series that I have collected over the years. They’re all really fun in my opinion and I hope you all can give them a try,” she said facing all of them. She then leaned in a little close to Monika and whispered, “I picked up some I thought you would like to I’ll show you after the club today.”

• Love 2

Monika begins to wonder if Natsuki should probably have started with just one rather than a huge library, especially before the rest of the club seems okay with its presence and such."I can tell you have a great deal of passion for these sorts of books, but perhaps this was a bit overkill from the start? I just don't want you to potentially get disappointed over anything...", she says in the nicest tone she can, wanting to come across as genuinely concerned. She then feels Natsuki lean closer to speak softly."Ohh...that sounds nice. I will look forward to it then..", she says softly back.

• Love 2

"It's fine...I am sure we can manage somehow. For now, let us focus on different stuff and come back to it later", she says, trying her best to sound like a leader of the proper kind. She gives Natsuki a small, but still warm and reassuring smile and hopefully it makes her feel better about the focus being on other stuff for now. Monika then returning to the group as a whole and prepared herself to kick things off for the day."I can see everyone is present - a good start indeed. I am thinking everyone is anxious about their poems....would you guys prefer we let others simply read them...or read them out loud?", the president asks the group."Ohhh...I would rather not...you know...have them read out loud...it wouldn't sound..right", the more shy and cautious Yuri answers."I don't really care which, I just want a chance to read ALL your lovely poetry!", the chirpy vice president chimes in, which leaves just Natsuki.

• Love 2

Natsuki settled into her seat and smiled back at Monika as she began. She payed attention as Monika gave then two different t ways that they could present their poem, either reading them out loud or simply sharing them. She looked over at Yuri as she gave her answer and then at Sayori. Natsuki then looked as they looked at her waiting for her answer and uttered, “o-oh… I think it would be better to share them…” she said with a blush, feeling embarrassed to actually have to read her poem out loud.

• Love 2

Monika nods as she is getting a clear "winner" of the two options. She assumed it would be best, but she did at least want to present both possibilities to the club members. She nods her head as a way to show her understanding the collective agreement on the matterr."Allright. I figured as much, but perhaps in time we can practice some reading out loud, if we even want to...of course. I think it is good to try and keep in mind that any criticism should be constructive and consider that this is the first time for most of us....allright?", she says, in her best leader voice and manner. As the poems are shared and read internally between each member, they have various reactions. The first one to show off their poem to each other member is Sayori, whose writing is pretty happy, sunny and cheery. It is rather simplistic, but has some decent metaphors still. Yuri responds to her fairly nicely, with a few pointers to it and Monika does the same as well.

• Love 2

Natsuki nodded at Monika and then read along as the group began to share. Her eyes widened as she read through Sayori, Yuri and Monika’s poems and immediately became extremely nervous to share her poem. When it was her turn, she tensed up and presented her’s hesitantly. Natsuki’s  poem was a lot shorter than the other girl’s and it was also very cutesy and  childish in a way as well as playful and also had a simple music rhythm. There was a bright blush on her cheeks, she felt extremely embarrassed and she could only imagine what the others were thinking as they read through her poem. However, buried within this short and simple poem, there was also a deep, serious message, if you knew where to look.

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 2

Yuri's own poem is extremely well done, even far past the one done by the president herself. It is full of clever and deep metaphors and a very nice flowing language. She does gets some nice praise from Monika about it and Sayori, whilst not able to really get it, still compliments the purple haired member. The one made by Monika is somewhere in between the fairly simple one made by Natsuki and the one written by Yuri, making it serve as a much easier one to learn from, for Sayori and the pink haired member. The bow wearing girl's poetry should be possible for every member to understand. It is still something Monika is not too familiar with, but already she is showing promise. Finally, they all give comments to Natsuki's poem. Yuri tries to quickly end her feedback, being vague on purpose to hide her disinterest, Sayori gives some positive feedback indeed, but mostly saying it sounded cute and sweet. The last to read it was Monika, who have been sensing on Natsuki that she is quite nervous about this whole thing and she kind of eavesdropped on the others. Honestly, she does quite like it. She turns to the the short girl once she is sure they are just privately talking."I quite enjoyed this one. The underlying message kind of snuck up on me when I read it the second time. Of course, practice will help a lot, but for a first try, this is good. I look forward to read more of yours", she says and smiles, happy that she can say such praise honestly.

• Love 2

Natsuki read the other’s with them. Yuri’s  poem left her almost head spinning with all the fancy, clever and deep metaphors, did she have to make it so complicated? Monika’s was much like Yuri, though she seemed to like it more and she also really enjoyed Sayori’s as well. Natsuki watched nervously as it was her turn now. She frowned as Yuri’s reaction to her poem but Sayori made her feel better and blush as she called her poem cute and sweet. Lastly Monika gave her thoughts. Natsuki was expecting a similar response to Yuri but was surprised. “y-you really liked it…? Oh wow… t-thank you Monika! Thank you really. That means a lot to hear,” she told the club President and smiled happily.

• Love 2

"You're welcome. Whilst I am sure Sayori said something positive, I am not sure if she fully noticed the effort and thought you seem to have put into this. Still, a bit "rough" so to speak, but that is to be expected for a first attempt", she says and nods lightly. She gives Natsuki her poem back with a soft smile on her face."I am sure you will get even better soon enough, with some practice...and maybe a pointer or two from yours truly. I hope it wasn't too rough to get through?", she asks her softly, hoping it was more positive than negative. Meanwhile, Sayori is munching down some snacks and reading a magazine and Yuri back to the book she is working on reading.

• Love 2

Natsuki once again smiled at Monika as she gave her more words of encouragement about her poem. It felt so good to hear her say such nice words and it even make her excited to want to write more poems in the future. “Oh, it was a little rough at first but after, I started to build up courage and now I think I can do more no problem.” 

After they finished sharing, Natsuki looked over and noticed everyone doing their own thing as well as reading on their own as well. As such, she decided to go over to the closet of the classroom and pulled out one of her favorite mangas and sat there on the floor against the wall and started to reread it.

• Love 2

Monika is relieved to see the potentially most dodgey and flakey member wanting to do this some more rather than possible quitting the club entirely. In fact, she does like the energy Natsuki is putting out and into things."Good to hear. I was nervous this might be too much for some of you, but I certainly think we have a good thing going with these", she says and smiles. Then she lets the pink haired girl go about her business with her own books while she sits down and does some extra home work whilst reading a fairly lightly read book on the side. After some time, Sayori comes over to discuss ideas for later and of course talk about many other different stuff. For some reason, Monika finding herself looking over at Natsuki from time to time, noticing the way light bathes her form at the place she is sitting, not noticing she might be staring a bit."Hey....Monika! You there?", says the girl otherwise mostly absent mind of the group. The president juts up as she is "caught" sneaking glances. The bow wearing girl then grins wide."Oooooohh...I see what is going on...", is met with a "What? What is going?" and then Sayori ending the topic with a "Oooooh...nothing in particular. Enjoy the view".

• Love 2

Natsuki continued to read her manga with her back against the wall and her knees up to her chest. She didn’t notice Monika’s glance though she did feel like someone was looking at her. She glanced up a bit from her book but all she saw was Yuki reading her book, Sayori grinning about something and Monika looking flustered. She figured that Sayori had just teased Monika about something and struggled it off and went back to her book.

• Love 2

At some point, Monika is getting to the point where she is to address the club members about the poem writing and sharing from earlier and about the next one as well."I want to express my thanks to you all for your lovely poetry at the start of the day here together and I am pleased to see how well you all did, despite how new it is. I think it can be a great addition to our club activities and for us to share ideas, experiences and so on. Would you guys like a theme once again or have it be more free to pick and choose?", she asks collectively. Yuki puts down her book to engage in the discussion as well."I think having a theme might help the less experienced better still, but personally I prefer more free form. In conclusion: I think the better option for now would be a theme or idea", she says calmly and collected, her voice having an air of elegance about it as usual. The vice president looks to be thinking hard as she has a very puzzled, but cute look on her face."Uhhhm...I think I need more experience before more free form too, but I am glad to go with whatever is decided....so I guess I vote more...neutral?", she says, which leaves everyone to look at Natsuki.

• Love 2

After a while, Natsuki looked up as Monika began to address them. She got up and began to listen to what she was saying. She smiled softly at the President’s warm words and then heard as she asked if they would want a theme or be able to choose what they write about for their poetry. Natsuki definitely felt too scared to be able to choose what to write about and genuinely didn’t have a clue and so when the time came for her to answer, she nodded and responded, “Yeah, I agree. I definitely think that having a theme would be much easier and the way to go.”

• Love 2

"Very well then. So it is decided...do you have any suggestions for a theme? I would personally recommend something like "nature" or "dreams" - something fairly simple, but with a lot of potential and directions to go in", the president addresses them with once they agreed to go with a collective theme. Yuri nods along, agreeing on that one, but still mutters her own idea."Those are pretty decent, though I still wish to suggest "Introspection"", she says, once more showing she wishes for something more "deep" and challenging. Sayori doesn't really look like she is on board with that last one, due to her puzzled facial expression."I would really like something more....upbeat. Like "animals" or "vacation"", the bow wearing girl chimes in, showing off her usual more simple mindset. Once more, all eyes then settle on Natsuki.

• Love 2

Natsuki blinked as all eyes were on her once more for an answer. She liked Sayori’s ideas and wouldn’t mind doing something like animals or nature. Yuri’s idea however left her with a similar expression to Sayori. She didn’t think she was ready for something as deep as that yet, she also probably would need to look up what introspection really was. Then there was Monika, her ideas weren’t so bad either. Her ideas actually sounded like they could be fun and felt like a nice mix of Sayori’s and Yuri’s ideas. “I think we should go with Monika on this one. I like her ideas.”

• Love 2

Yuri might make a snarky comment if she could read Natsuki's mind, but luckily for her, that power is beyond her reach. Still, the purple haired member is pleased that the newest member at least picked the more interesting choice, beyond her own. Sayori looks a bit disheartened that her suggestion was not picked, but seem to perk up a lot more when she bites into her current cookie treat."Very well. I concur to that. I will once more set as a proper example for the club", Yuri says with a determined voice. Sayori nods along as she chews through her thing."I am happy to hear it and thanks Natsuki...I am glad to hear you found it fitting to do. Of course, I do want everyone to have a voice and be heard here, so maybe next time, we could start having one member decide the theme or no theme, if they wish and the next time, another member decides and so on", Monika addresses them all afterwards. Once fully decided to go with "Dreams" as a theme, everyone gets back to their own things, until the club draws near the end Sayori and Yuri having to go earlier, leaving the last two behind again.

• Love 2

Natsuki smiled at Monika and nodded at her. It was a good idea and she was happy to pick it. She did frown sadly a bit seeing that Sayori’s did get a bit sad that her pick wasn’t chosen but she got over it fast. She nodded at Monika’s suggestion as well and thought it was a good idea. Soon enough, the club activities were done for the day and Natsuki and Monika were the only ones left in the club. Firstly, Natsuki made sure to help Monika clean up the club room and once that was over, the pink haired girl walked over to her backpack and open it and pulled out two volume 1 mangas. “Here, I thought you would like these two series. I’m giving you the first volumes of them that way you can test them to see if you like them or not. I have both series completed so if you liked them and want the rest, I will provide.” She said with a smile as she stood in front of Monika and presented her with the manga.

• Love 2

In a way, Monika even feels a bit of relief having it be just Natsuki and her there - kind of like she can let go of the mantle of being club president and just sort of hang out. Of course, she is still considered the leader of the Literature club right now, but she does want to hang out and see what the pink haired member brought for them to read. She watches Natsuki pull out out two volume 1 books in two different series. Monika looks them over, not sure what to think at first glance."Ohh, good. We still have some time left though...maybe we could try and read a chapter or two together here?", she suggests.

• Love 2

Natsuki continued to smile, hoping that Monika liked the books she had chosen. She then blinked at what the president said and uttered, “you want to read together? Oh sure!” She smiled more, happy that Monika was at least giving this a chance. She then went back to her seat and sat saying, “come on. Pull up a desk next to me and we can get started.”

• Love 2

Another part of this, is that Monika can then say she gave it a fair shot without having to really potentially lie about it. Besides, it does sound kind of nice: reading together. It does seem far easier to read as it is not like a normal book with just lines of text in it. She gives Natsuki a soft nod."Yeah, that might work well for that", she says and does as the other girl suggests. She pulls a chair up to the desk besides that of Natsuki's, but once they seem to get seated, it becomes apparent that it doesn't really work very well."Dang...the chairs just get too much in the way...", she comments and looks around, before spotting an alternative."How about...sitting near the window? Good light from behind and plenty of room?", she suggests.

• Love 2

Natsuki looked over as Monika came over with her chair and nodded with a frown uttering, “Yeah, you’re right. This won’t work…” she then looked over at the window as Monika suggested sitting by it and shrugged with a smile, “yeah sure, why not.” With that, Natsuki got up from her seat and walked over to the window with her manga in hand and sat down onto the floor with Monika and patted the spot next to her for the President to sit.

• Love 2

Before fully sitting down, the club president finds a blanket that she spreads out onto the floor for them to sit on."Here...I thought we ought to sit a bit more comfy..", she simply comments and smiles softly. The weater outside is all sunny, warm and nice and with the window opened a bit, the heated rays reach their spot, accompanied with a pleasant breeze. Now Monika kind of wants to add to the situation to make it even better, so she pulls up a bag of snacks that are sure to not smudge anything they are reading luckily."Here...have as much as you like too!", she says whilst sitting down besides Natsuki, getting close enough so they can read from the book together.

• Love 2

Natsuki smiled and took a seat down onto the blanket with Monika and as she presented the snacks to her, she giggled, “this almost feels like a picnic.” Natsuki was a bit afraid at first that the snacks would smudge her precious manga, but was surprised by it. She ate some and smiled, “alright, let’s get started.” she told Monika and opened up the manga.

• Love 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up