Perspective (Aura & Buio)

• Senior Staff

Note: The following story contains dark themes such as sacrilege, noncon, and racial violence among others. If these themes are disturbing to you, be advised to turn away now.

Spoiler

[Major Characters]

YXAIhd7.jpg

Alicia Bloomberg -- @Aura

~=====~

BvvLV4W_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Falla Ar'thuill -- @Buio

It was late in the night and the church sanctuary was completely empty with not a soul but one--a young woman of 23 years, wholly devout to her lord Issum and the merciful law and graceful order He brought upon the world she was blessed to live in. Every day, the woman made a point to devote her whole existence to her god through rigorous prayer and offerings. But more recently she fears the demons of lust had begin to tug on her heart. As a nun, she was responsible for being witness to countless confessions of sins from other women. Many women sought wisdom from her, wondering how she manages to abstain from these desires and even she couldn't ever give any desire. She could only recite the words of her father and the ancient scripture they lived their life by. But she always felt shame in being unable to truly understand the words she recited. She only held faith that perhaps the words would have more meaning to those who heard them.

But more recently, her mind has seemed to be poisoned by such shameful thoughts herself. She's shocked herself countless times with lewd daydreams of being in the loving embrace of another woman... the breasts, the skin, the hair... She wanted to feel it all and to share all of her own. Of course, she knew that the law of Issum demanded that she find a husband to serve. Still... her lewd heart yet wondered what lied beyond the horizon for her...

Alicia feared that such thoughts would tempt her into a downward spiral of sin and shamefulness, and these fears had brought her here to the sanctuary when all others were in bed. She knelt at the altar, shedding tears and pleading with her lord to have mercy on her poisoned heart. As she understood, if she acted on a single one of these sinful thoughts, or even so much as let them be known... all could be lost and the sanctity of the entire church would be in jeapordy! She would be not only ashamed herself, but she'd bring shame onto her entire family and all who have been blessed by her name! And so... she must pray and have faith that all would be well in the end and that she would remain aligned with true intentions...

Yet as she prayed, a deep pit in her stomach felt as though it were growing larger. As if... a part of her knew that she had no true desire to change. These thoughts were too exciting. She was too curious. She wanted to know what it was like, just once. Perhaps these thoughts got mixed into her prayers... but before she could correct the mistake, she could already feel those thoughts creeping into her mind... someone appearing before her right here in the sanctuary... showing her... taking her... it was happening again. She could feel her crotch growing wet and her face turning red... Why must she be cursed with these thoughts!?

• Love 1

[Long post incoming because i am physically incapable of not writing novella lemgth openers lol]

Stalking through the city streets at this hour was known to be the pass time only of those with ought to hide, in-so-far as its residents were concerned.

All that did not conform to the pristine and glorious image prescribed by the church of Issum was hidden away from the sun's light. Cutthroats desperate for a meal or even base thrill in this city of plenty. Women stained by passion either of their own or forced upon them, secreting away the wretched evidence of their shame in bundled cloth so that their public face could be preserved. Beasts of men seeking a victim of the flesh so as to slake their lust for pain and corruption. Innocents who sought out what joys sunlit society spat upon fir mo good reason. Merchants providing the wares and services whose demands did not disappear upon the self righteous request of those who sought to mold reality to their fantasy. And among them all, guardians of this precious 'order', each of them as much an animal as the citizenry they policed, roving though the stone and cobble streets under the pretense of providing security which ought not be needed if their creed had any merit.

When Falla had first arrived here, in this city known as Mesariva, she had first been disgusted by how stale the night air smelled. Even in the human controlled countryside, the stench of stone did not stain the very essence of the world so deeply. Here, however, in this religious focal point of their society, the humans had sought to dictate the very breath of nature by the convenience of their rigid instruments. They had sought to divide life and death, action and stillness, 'good' and 'evil', by the splitting of day and night.

At first, Falla had thought them successful. It has seemed to her upon her entry into this "home of Issum", this cradle of stone that had first nurtured the church which would come to define the human union, that their corruption of nature had been achieved completely. Compared to her home and to the countryside, even compared to smaller townships along the way, the night air in Mesariva truly smelled dead and stale.

It had thus been to her personal glee that she'd found this truth to be little more than a well-crafted illusion. 

While the official religious capital to Ur Ar'eta had been moved to a larger city deeper within the Union of Kingdoms some decades before Falla's own birth, this birthplace of the church nonetheless remained a crucial center of culture and history for the humans and their converts. Had it successfully metastasized into a crystal of order defiant, it would have signalled a significantly more arduous quest for the high priestess of the fertile moon tribe.

But no, she has found that even this place has faults and seams in its masonry, and with it weeds that called those nooks and crannies their home.

Falla had spent the last few weeks gaining information, for the most part. Under the same magical disguise that had kept her safe in the human lands so far, she had slinked her way into taverns open later than any reputable business ought to be. She made toys of the men within when they believed that easy prey had wandered into their den. For all that she now had the appearance of a raven haired human, petite in frame and of deceptively smooth, earthy toned skin hinting at a life of privilege and perhaps even elfine ancestry, she was forever an orc in body and spirit. Their haphazard hip thrusts and waning stamina left her with little more than a craving for a proper orcish cock to ride even after she'd expanded the last of their combined ability. Through these men turned to companion swine, she'd learned of which guards to avoid, and which could be plied with force, coin, or flesh as she familiarized herself with the Mesarivan streets.

She incidentally also learned of where the women of the night could be found or otherwise contacted. These had proved marginally more entertaining than the swine.  They certainly had a better idea of how to respond when she fucked them, and her knowledge of their bodies endeared her enough to them that a fair few were entirely willing to either wave fees or share sensitive information they had collected at a discount.

One girl in particular, a quietly depraved little thing by the name of Marigold, had reacted so positively when Falla dispelled the glamour that hid her cock from her human form, that the high priestess had even considered asking Thuill to be blessed with the ability to breed her free spirited consort. A half orcish child would doubtlessly create wonderful discord within the holy city, after all.

Of course, she knew better than anyone that it was not the kind of blessing Thuill would ever grant upon the priestess' prayers alone. Children belonged to their mothers, and it was the one who would carry the child who chose what seed would grant her an offspring. 

To seed a woman against or in absence of her will was therefore an affront to the allmother akin to demanding that reeds sprout from mountaintops or that oaks take root in sand. It was not a sacrilege that Falla would consider even in the pursuit of vengeance towards humans, and as Marigold could not be trusted with knowledge of Falla's orcish nature, her womb would remain baren of Thuill's blessing. For now at least.

Still, the pleasant dalliance with the human girl yielded vital information  all the same. It was through marigold that Falla learned of the high priest's daughter. Learned of how a yet unmarried young woman had made herself into the vessel of maidenhood by taking on the confessions of those women who needed to be 'cleansed of sin'. Learned how this 'Alicia' stayed in her church late at night to listen to their tales and absolve them of their guilt without prying eyes to see the confessors come and go from her counsel.

This news was itself a blessing from Thuill, without a doubt. Finally, Falla had found a crack in the facade of the church itself. Finally, its hidden weakness was left exposed for exploration and exploitation. A nun with information on the depraved lives of all those women who sought forgiveness but could not resist their true nature's. A daughter to the high priest of this church, himself a high ranking cardinal in the entire religious order.

Oh, what a wonderful thrall she would be~

It was thus on the proceeding night that Falla left her consort's humble domicile. Having let Marrigold taste deeply of the allmother's blessing which she possessed once again, the high priestess placed a gentle kiss upon the girl's cheek before slipping out of bed, careful not to wake her from her slumber. This one was kind, and in tuned with her natural desires. She would make for a poor orc, but she was better than these humans deserved. If all went well, it would be some time before Falla and Marigold met again, but all the same the orcish priestess promised herself to come back for her before the work in Mesariva was done. When the city was ready to fall, Marigold would be granted sight of her paramour's true form for the first time. At that moment, Falla hoped that the young street worker would show herself no less enthusiastic, and prove herself deserving of rescue from the flames and beasts that would come.

For now, however, it was time to go set the tinder.

Interrupting Alicia's sinful fantasies was rasping at the door of her church. Even as she was failing in driving the demons of lust from her own mind, another was coming to her for spiritual guidance. At least  that is what it would seem like, when she opened the door to see a beautiful, dark skinned, young woman seemingly no older than she.

A stranger to the church who had never before been seen in its halls, but who could only be here seeking guidance and absolution. Why else would she be covering her head with such a shawl, and glancing around furtively when the door was opened on her?

Edited by Buio
  • Thanks 1

• Senior Staff

Alicia was startled by the sound of the sanctuary's large wooden doors creaking open. It wasn't common that the sanctuary would have visitors at this late hour! Usually, at a time like this, she would expect to see a woman who was feeling shame and guilt over having committed some atrocious sin in a previous night and had layed awake for a while mulling over her shameful acts before sneaking out to the sanctuary to confess them... Alicia sighed. Once again, she would be required to take on the sins of another so that she could pass them off to Lord Issum in seeking of forgiveness for the woman's sin... all while torturing herself with further sinful thoughts of her own that she has no one to turn to with.

Of course, the nuns were expected to report to the high priest whenever they felt temptation like herself, but she knew from experience her father would only scold her for not having enough faith in Lord Issum. She just had to have more faith, that was all... She didn't need to be reprimanded just to be reminded of that fact.

As the mysterious figure entered the sanctuary, Alicia slowly rose and turned to face the figure who she could immediately confirm was a woman by the shape of her body alone. And she found herself blushing again as she saw the beauty of the woman before her--her skin, her hair, her face... she was a lovely woman. Alicia took a moment to regain her composure before tilting her head.

"Hello, my dear, I don't believe I've ever seen your face here in the Sanctuary before. Do you, perhaps, have any questions? Or perhaps you're here for a confession? I shall serve you however I can be of assistance." She offered a courteous bow to the woman.

• Like 1

It was all Falla could do to not let her smile through and maintain the mask of shame she wore in this human form. 

How many tens of years had it been sine she'd left her tribe now? How many villages and townships and even cities had she infiltrated, with how many different faces, all to bring about ruin to their precious 'order'? Yet still, the untapped lust she smelled from this sister of Ur Ar'eta's church was of a potency she could only recall having come across a handful o times since the beginning of her crusade.

She would need to prostrate herself before the unblemished light of the next full moon and offer grace and tribute to the allmother and her heavenly sister. The fortune of this meeting could only be attributed to their continued favour in support of Falla's quest, after all.

For the moment, however, her focus would need to remain on her performance.

So, the woman stepped deeper into the Sancturay as she was greeted by the dutiful young nun, and only nodded her head shallowly in return before finding a pew at which to it. She kept her gaze lowered, and her face partially hidden by the hood of her light cloak. Her hands came together in her lap, fingers interlocking and thumbs nervously rubbing along each other in turn. She took a moment to speak, she did not know what to say. No, she knew, but did not know how to say it. She did not want to give shape to the wickedness that plagued her. It was not necessary, yes? She only needed to strengthen her faith.

Yes, that is what she was here for. That was all she needed. She needed only to breathe, and draw faith from this holy sister.

"I... no, I have not come here before, Sister. I wasn't... My father, I should say, never saw fit to have me pray with-... 'there is a distinction between the common folk and those of higher standing that must be maintained' correct? You must know, you are- I mean... I have heard, you are a woman of boundless grace. I have heard, that in spite of your father being high priest, that you listen to all and provide counsel. You are alike me and yet..."

Free? No, freedom was not the point. How could someone beholden to the service of so many others be free?

No, the distinction between this blessed sister and the woman who could not bring herself to look her in the eyes was something far simpler: purity and clarity.

A daughter of the church would have no trouble remembering and embracing her place in the great tapestry of life.

"Your father, Honorable Sister, he is proud of you, yes?'

• Love 1

• Senior Staff

Alicia listened earnestly to the words of the young woman. Under the hood, she couldn't quite make out the woman's face, but from her voice alone... she could imagine a very soft, blushing woman underneath. Shy and timid, yet... beautiful beyond words.

The words the beautiful voice chose to land on, though... hurt a bit more than what she'd expected to be asked. It was a very simple question, less a question, even, but moreso an assumption. Yet still, it was one she wasn't sure how to respond to, and it felt almost... targeted toward her own insecurities and shame... 

"I think... perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of our church..." She slowly walked over to the woman and knelt beside her at the pew, so that her own head was below the guest's. "I am not superior to you in any way, shape, or form. We are one and the same. We are women who are to obey our fathers until a man will have us as his wife. Then we are to serve our husbands..." As she spoke, she almost sounded like she was trying to convince herself. She almost felt... great shame in the hypocritical words she was uttering. She knew she didn't agree with them, and yet... it was scripture, was it not? The law of Issum was all that she had... The Sacred Duty to uphold the law rested on the church's shoulders... She couldn't risk taking a new approach. She couldn't trap herself in her own mind. She must rely on the words of scripture that have maintained this way of life for as long as history existed...

"I cannot say whether or not my father is proud of me. On the contrary, I often fear that I may disappoint him at times... but I chose to take that fear and use it, rather than flee from it. I use it as motivation to devote myself more to our mighty lord Issum who's will shall be upheld to the end of time. But I can assure you, my dear, that the good lord wishes the best for us all, and as we are one in the same, let Issum hear your prayers together with me and allow me to bless you however I can."

• Like 1

On 07/03/2022 at 06:26, Aura said:

"I am not superior to you in any way, shape, or form. We are one and the same. We are women who are to obey our fathers until a man will have us as his wife.

One and the same? What a farce. If only she knew. but the Sister could never. Who could be so wicked as she? Who could be so wretched?

Her breath hitched as her chest tightened upon hearing the priestess' words, but she did her best to supress any visible perturbation in her form or expression. this was not the time to lose the very composure she sought to reinforce.

"I cannot say whether or not my father is proud of me. On the contrary, I often fear that I may disappoint him at times...

what? how could she- No. The ssister was simply being humble, as was her mandate. One as holy as she could not truly understand what it meant to see disappointment in a father's eyes. To know oneself as so underserving of praise or blessing. She did not know in her life what Fiore knew in her own... did she?

I use it as motivation to devote myself more to our mighty lord Issum who's will shall be upheld to the end of time. But I can assure you, my dear, that the good lord wishes the best for us all, and as we are one in the same, let Issum hear your prayers together with me and allow me to bless you however I can."

Her words were so gentle, so right, so caring.

They hurt.

They were what she had come here for, and yet... was this nothing but self flagellation then? Would the noble daughter find no true peace within the words of the church, even spoken by someone as divine and beautiful as this... as the good sister herself?

Issum wanted the best for all humanity, yes? All were naught but pieces of the great celestial mechanism, meant to play their part in fulfilling a purpose greater than any one man, greater than any nation. Perfection existed only in one finding their place, understanding their role, and playing their part with wholehearted devotion. no?

So why? Why did the daughter of a noble find herself so miswrought and out of place? She who should be able to fine her place, learn her role, and play her part with the greatest ease, felt so alien to the grand designs of Lord Issum. Why? 

Why had she felt such hope, thinking for the briefest of moments that this holy sister might understand that feeling?

Why did it hurt so much, to see this great struggle of her life turned into a clear and precise path into the Lord's light and grace?

Was that not exactly what she had wanted!?

Or...

Once more, was she only confronted with what she was supposed to want. What she was supposed to desire. And found it revolting instead?

Once more, Issum's glory was only blinding to her. Once more the clarion bells of perfet order rang like maddening caucophony to her ears. Once more the right and proper path left her with mismatched feet treeading on broken glass. 

If all of this hurt so much, then what hope was there for her? Why was she so doomed to be only wretched and unfitting? Was this also somehow part of Issum's designs, or was she truly a cursed anathema? A being of corrupt chaos destined never to find her place within the perfection that her peopel so strived for?

No. No! Someone had to be able to help. Someone had to know the answers. 

The sister...

Fiore forced herself to stare straight on at the sister for the first time, teary eyes meeting the divine gaze for the first time.

She was... so beautiful. Was it not her devotion to Issum that permitted her this beauty? This majestic grace in spite of their similar ages? Surely... surely she had some to spare. 

If her role was to help guide the lost and weary, then, surely... Fiore could take some of that light within herself, no?

"Sister... I fear that prayer has never been a strength of mine. I fear that evil whispers to me whenever i wish to devote my spirit to the proper guiding light of our Lord. i fear.." she shifted herself closer, as if pulled in by the immaculate visage before her. Fear was all she had ever known. But it could be assuaged, by this angel of the faith, no? "I fear, I am not strong enough to pursue cleansing by my own means. I fear I can do naught but parrot scripture while casting my own heart in darkness... Tell me, sister, can you help me? Does your grace hold place enough to welcome a weak and wretched heart such as mine within it?"

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
On 3/11/2022 at 2:41 PM, Buio said:

Fiore forced herself to stare straight on at the sister for the first time, teary eyes meeting the divine gaze for the first time.

She was... so beautiful. Was it not her devotion to Issum that permitted her this beauty? This majestic grace in spite of their similar ages? Surely... surely she had some to spare. 

If her role was to help guide the lost and weary, then, surely... Fiore could take some of that light within herself, no?

"Sister... I fear that prayer has never been a strength of mine. I fear that evil whispers to me whenever i wish to devote my spirit to the proper guiding light of our Lord. i fear.." she shifted herself closer, as if pulled in by the immaculate visage before her. Fear was all she had ever known. But it could be assuaged, by this angel of the faith, no? "I fear, I am not strong enough to pursue cleansing by my own means. I fear I can do naught but parrot scripture while casting my own heart in darkness... Tell me, sister, can you help me? Does your grace hold place enough to welcome a weak and wretched heart such as mine within it?"

Alicia could feel her heartstrings being tugged at from the moment the young woman had met the eyes of the distraught woman. Her heart ached for the pain the lady must be going through... the shame and humility of not being able to control one's own temptations even knowing there is no excuse in the eyes of the lord... it was all too familiar to her. The cold, uncaring words of her father regularly rang in her head. Not a shred of doubt could be allowed to live inside of her or she would be tainted from the inside out... destroyed by the enemy along with the entire church... The thought of something so horrible occuring just because of her own selfish actions... no, she couldn't bear such a horrible burden... battling this temptation was the lesser burden. And yet, every time she spoke of her temptations to her father, she was met with scolding and berating.

'We will not discuss such sinful matters in my home.'

'No daughter of mine would even consider these thoughts.'

'You are making excuses. There are no demons attacking you.'

'You are selfish. That's your problem, you're only thinking of yourself.'

Each line hurt worse than the last... it wasn't scripture, it was the shameless hatred of her imperfection... At times she'd even felt that if she had fallen into temptation the blame would rest on her father rather than herself, but... that was just wishful thinking. That would be the easy way out, but the correct way simply wasn't the easy way... Perhaps this was a test by the lord to see her resolve... but surely lord Issum knew her resolve was waning... that she couldn't bear this torment much longer... surely, surely the lord would send a blessing her way... 

Perhaps this pain could be seen in Alicia's eyes as well. She, too, began to tear up as the two women stared at each other. There was so much she wanted to do to ease the girl, but... the demons of lust that were ravaging her from the inside forced her to hold back. If she reached out to touch that soft, supple cheek of hers... feel her smooth skin... her heat... her silky hair... She had to distract herself for now.

"I'm afraid you misunderstand my role in all of this. I am wholly devoted to the lord, but it is not my grace that I use to bless, but the grace of our lord who has led you to my arms this night. Even as we speak, I fear I, too, hear the very same whispers of evil. It is a curse I am forced to bear... But I abstain. As the light of the lord is far greater than any pleasure I could receive pursing my own worldly interests, and I find far greater pleasure in bringing those like you to the light of the lord. So, come, my child..." Alicia reached down to gently take the young woman's hand in her own and smiled gently at her. "Let us re-devote our souls again together to the will of Issum, that we may be cleansed once again together in his grace and that we may be blessed in abundance going forward. And I can assure you we will find hope in this dying world..."

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/03/2022 at 07:20, Aura said:

it is not my grace that I use to bless, but the grace of our lord who has led you to my arms this night. Even as we speak, I fear I, too, hear the very same whispers of evil. It is a curse I am forced to bear... But I abstain.

At first Fiore wanted to protest at what she heard. The thought that this glorious angel was bereft of her own grace, could somehow only transmit the glory of some unseen and unknowable divine man by second hand... it was an insult to all that the young woman felt was right in her heart. 

However those objections were as quickly washed away like such loose sand as the good sister continued to speak. The words 'my arms this night' alone had been enough to make Fiore's heart skip a beat on the grounds of what images they caused to flicker within her mind like fireworks in the dark. She hardly had time to supress-  to banish those impulses before her cheeks began to heat and her heart became notably louder in her ears. 

The same whispers? Abstain?

The words were barely coded, speaking clearly of the true shape of Alicia's mind much the same as her holy vestments did only little to conceal the supple form of her body beneath them.

She truly did understand, then? She did in fact know of the sin that pressed against the confines of her heart, threatening to burst forth and immolate her entire being with ecstatic fervour? And, most unbelievable of all, she heard the voice of those same demons, while looking upon Fiore herself?

The noble girl heard those words next spoken by Alicia, but found their meaning drowned and forgotten within the maelstrom of thought and emotion that currently ravaged her mind. She reacted physically, letting the sister take her hand and following her motions without thought as she was led from her seat, but in her mind a deluge of repressed thoughts and memories flooded forth.

Deep within the mask, of course, Falla found herself absolutely giddy with how well this was turning out. She had known she would be believed, of course. This guise of the troubled noble girl was no more a 'lie' than it was a 'lie' for her to become a bear, or hawk, or moth. Each mask required more than the simple shape of its mimicry to come to life. Each form needed the one who bore it to understand it, know it, and surrender oneself to it in earnest, so that its truth could be lived out through the flesh of the shaman and the glory of the allmother's eye.

Within Ur Ar'eta's ridgid definition of reality, Fiore and her father did not exist.  Falla, however, knew the girl to be equally as true and equally as imagined, as moonlight seen in the reflection of a lake. Thus she knew for true the sensations of this imagined girl. The realization that this was the first time that he noble girl's wild fantasies found someone concrete into whom they could materialize. The memory of her father's third wife, a woman less than ten years her elder, having been the only other to come close to embodying the object of these sins, before her cruelty was made evident to the youthful Fiore. The knowlege that thus far her sins had found form only in the negative and the abstract, in a repulsion towards the intentions and advances of men, and only an immaterial desire for what ought not be craved.

All of these sensations were real without regard for the veracity of their holder's existence prior to this night, and it was thus without any trace of Falla's own confidence, pride, or mischief that Fiore found herself swept up in them. Found herself move towards the sister faster than she had been bid. Found herself only able to mutter weakly before succumbing to her desires.

"Forgive me." she spoke, though even she did not know to whom. Then, with eyes closed, she closed the distance entirely and placed her lips upon those of the angel before her--all with a need greater than any she had known before. Not water, nor air, nor honour, nor Issum himself compared to what she needed from Alicia in this very moment.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff

As Alicia had grasped the sweet, confused woman's hand, she could feel her trembling, her hastening pulse, the heat from her body as she pulled the woman close and gently wrapped her arms... though she couldn't deny those same thoughts had crossed her mind, those primal desires to close the distance further, it was through 23 years of conditioning that led her to the desire to abstain. This was a woman, such actions would be scandalous, horrible, this temptation was from the enemy and it was what she would cast out of her and leave at the feet of her Lord. She knew the fight would be difficult, but this poor girl was desperately seeking an answer. She had to remain strong and faithful.

Had she acted, she could lose everything. Her status, her position, her honor, her afterlife... She would be abhorred by her lord. These were the warnings instilled on her every time her father caught her so much as looking at another woman for too long... Why had she been cursed to be so... so deviant? But yet, she believed this, too, may have been a blessing in disguise. Though she faced much ferocity from her father, perhaps this suffering was so that she could relate to a woman like this one here?

The two women's eyes met in the dimly lit sanctuary. The holy temple of Lord Issum. A place of purity and innocence... And yet, even here, Alicia was being fought harder than she'd ever been before by the demons that tore at her heart, her body... as soon as those words left Fiore's mouth, 'forgive me,' it felt as though Alicia had completely lost control. It was like a cat suddenly biting. Somehow she absolutely hadn't seen it coming at all even though it should've been obvious. Fiore's lops were pressed against Alicia's own.

How had this happened? What steps had she missed? Was it even happening at all? Was this real? All of this was so... unheard of. She was baffled, bewildered... a woman... so brazenly kissing another woman in a sanctuary... she should be furious, enraged... she had no right! Her lips belonged only to her future husband...! And yet... she wasn't fighting back... 

Had the demons won the fight over her? Why wasn't she pulling away, pushing the woman off of her? She felt like the lord's anger was weighing hotly on her shoulders now. She would face repercussions and yet... could this really be so bad? This girl... she could feel how happy this was making her. She could feel how happy she was, herself. Why did she feel so good? It's because sin felt good, of course, but... dammit, why? Why her? What a cruel trick to target her weak spot.

So many thoughts and emotions were going through her head. She was excited, thrilled, even, but also terrified. Issum was merciful, but she would still face the consequences of allowing this to continue... She was risking so much. And every second she allowed the kiss to linger was another second she found it harder to fight...

Her mind started to wonder... imagining what it would be like to kiss her husband one day... she imagined how nervous she would be, how many ways the marriage could go south... how she didn't want to be trapped in a marriage with some man who only wanted to marry her for the status and prestige. She didn't want to be a slave to the one she was bound to by fate... was that it? She wanted control? She'd never considered it before... not once in her life had she ever really made a decision out of anything but fear of her father... maybe... maybe this was the Lord's way of guiding her to find her own truth... how could this possibly be bad?

Was it the enemy's words echoing in her mind? At this point, she had no idea. But no matter what she could do at this point, only one thing felt natural. Though it was completely forbidden, she was tarnishing the sanctuary... But Fiore's lips tasted so sweet... the were so soft and inviting... tasting her saliva was a surreal experience. Maybe... maybe a kiss wasn't so bad. But her body was sinfully craving for more... Slowly, her own eyes began to close, her grip on Fiore's hips tightening slightly as she spread her lips wider, offering her tongue to the young lady... as if under some sort of spell she couldn't understand. Perhaps she'd been seduced... there was no excuse for her actions, of course. She knew they were wrong, yet they were so hard to resist...

Finally, Alicia pulled away from the kiss, her eyes staring straight into Fiore's, her face now a deep red. They could see each other's faces so clearly. This sweet girl was so beautiful... "I... Oh lord... we... I... we must beg for forgiveness... for we are but lovers of the flesh and know not your divine grace to its fullest extent..." She shook her head. "Please, lord, forgive me for my actions this night... I fear... I am confused... But my father... Please, he must not know..." Who was she speaking to at this point? Was it Issum? Was it Fiore? Perhaps both?

Alicia shook her head and directed her words toward Fiore now. "I, too, am but a sinner in spite of my status... this just now has humbled me into realizing this... please, if we are to go further... let it not be here in the temple of my lord. Please lead me to a place where our sins will not tarnish my lord's home. I-... I will hide my face and suggest you do the same. Perhaps no one will recognize us..."

• Love 1