Cleo's Bartending Counter

Entering the bar for his shift, the older, white haired man closer the bar door behind him and turning to clock into the kiosk-OMS system. He walked around the reception desk and punched in his numbers, and after the screen forwarded to a small digital white time slip he hit the exit on the screen and immediately went toward the back. After a solid minute, the older man came back out donning his typical sleeveless black shirt which hugged his body showing off the muscles he had, along with the jeans and steel-tipped boots. But this "older man" was a product of his generation. 

Kjorvick Valutheigm, or "Vick" for short, was amongst a dying breed of "real men," he thought personally, though there were a few exceptions. Despite his age, his body was in it's prime, it was clear evidence he had worked his whole life and strived for something, but being his age he was indeed a rare breed. He had his hair done up in a ponytail with a few strands hanging loose, nothing major. 

"Cleo." Vick greeted the younger woman, walking the bar and seeing what needed done. Tonight, he was a bouncer and a secondary bartender and if things got ugly he dealt with fists... If things took for the worst, he had a Glock tucked away in his pants. Not that he ever needed it, he was always fast enough to deal with a threat before it became too much a problem. The whole, "Sex Aid," role was of its own nature, and he openly explained that it was something he wasn't wanting to do often. 

"No one else?" Vick asked curiously, his grizzled voice sounding more like it was a demand than anything.  

• Love 1

As Cleo finished up cleaning and tidying up, she glanced up at the man that walked up to the counter. She gave him a smile as he moved to help her out. At his question she chuckled and moved around the counter, sitting on a stool to look up at him. With a soft sigh she leaned on the counter, placing her head on her palm and eyeing the man.

"No one else so far. I mean we did just open so it makes sense."

She said with a light laugh. She hummed for a moment

"So Vick.... while we wait, care to make us your best drink?"

She asked him with a mischievous grin. She enjoyed his drinks and she rarely had the pleasure of having someone else make her one.

• Love 1

Kjorvick listened and watched the lady move to the stool, resting herself a moment before anyone else came in. Though he didn't smile, the slight twitch in an eyebrow was an indication that he was interested, and so he moved around the counter and started to rummage through carefully and quickly with what he needed. There were names for certain drinks, but the special mixes he'd make were all nameless, he never needed a name for them... Well, there were a few that floated in the air. One definitive drink was an ice cold cocktail known as the Long Island Beach Tea. It was not to be mistake for that last word. 

Taking the contents, Vick poured in vodka, tequila, rum, gin, Cointreau, and sweet and sour mix into a cocktail shaker and blended them for a solid minute, until the outside got frosty and cold. He placed a few cubes of ice into a highball glass, and strain in the iced tea mixing the cocktail into the glass. Topping with the cola, and garnished with a lemon wedge, Vick produced one of his personal "downtime" favourites to his boss. Cleo was probably one of the few people to have ever had this concoction, but otherwise this was the first time. It was flawless with how he mixed everything. 

"Long Island Beach Tea, sip it only, trust me, it can knock you on your ass. Then I'd have to drop you on a bed because you're drunk off your top." Vick states in an "as-a-matter-of-fact" tone, but otherwise it was still grizzled and sounded rough despite his intentions. 

Cleo remained seated across the counter from him, eyeing him as he moved around the counter to begin making his own personal concoction. She watched him quietly, gaze on him as she took into account what he put together, keeping them in mind as she raised an eyebrow. He put on a nice show of how he mixed the drinks, a smile on her lips as she was quite proud that she had found his assistance as a worker for her small barely starting club. She hummed to herself then glanced to the glass when he had placed it down in front of her. She took the glass in her hand and laughed at his words.

"I'm pretty certain it will what with all you mixed in here..."

Cleo told him with a laugh. She pulled the glass to her lips and took a small sip, the pleasant burn sliding down her throat. She smiled.

"I've got to be honest Vick. I'm impressed."

She complimented with a light whistle, delivering a light wink his way

• Love 1

"Hmph! I'll take that compliment." Vick openly stated, though he knew Cleo she also knew him and his mannerisms, hell, almost everyone knew Vick as a hardass, but at least she knew him a little more. He started to put everything away, the sliced lemons were set into a small ice box to help keep them fresh for the night, luckily everyone seems to like the new additions of the fruit on drinks. It was his personal suggestion way back when even before this place had opened, he used them a lot in his old herbal shop before his son took over the family business. 

While putting away the things, Vick had watched Cleo from his peripheral, while not directly looking at her he could watch and have a nice view from the corner of his eye. He was always watching everyone, more or less, just in case. He then asked, "I trust you're having a good day? Or night I should say?"

• Like 1

Cleo let out a light laugh at his comment, taking yet another sip of the drink to enjoy the light buzz it gave her. She smiled to herself as she eyed the drink in her own quiet thought, maybe even little daydream while he tidied up after himself. She relaxed  and pushed the drink away, not wanting to vet too drunk on the job and placed her cheek down on the counter, resting her head there as her hair splayed below her.

"A good night huh.... I'm nervous this bar will fail. I just wanted a place to let people relax and be themselves in and I've never done anything like this before but.... here we are. Waiting for clients."

She ranted. It was clear she was worried. She knew little to nothing about opening a business like this, being new to it all. She chuckled and lift her head, her chin on the counter now as she looked to him with an almost childish pout.

"What do you think of it...?"

• Love 1

"All businesses start small," Vick states scornfully, turning to the pouty girl who had been ranting her fears and frustration, "You start with one customer, sometimes they may not be the best, or perhaps the place is not what they're looking for. But! When you have your first few customers you treat them with the upmost respect, as of they are friends."

Vick had his fists placed on either side of the woman's head, not directly but close enough to make out the weird tattoos that littered his arms, "Buy them a drink on the house, let them have that first meal free, because you want your first customer to be a satisfied one so that they spread the word. My grandfather taught me that before I started my herbal shop, and look at it now. My son controls it and it's possibly one of the best business successes in this godforsaken city. Patience is key, Cleo. If you need help with relaxing, getting your muscles loose, I can give you the usual?"

The "usual" was a hell of a massage, a back massage nonetheless, but when the place was being built he did give certain friends and workers a few minutes of peace and release. If course one man thought Vick was referring to something else and got his face planted into hot metal. Still, he cracked his knuckles and allowed the offer to hang in the air, readying a few things for the night in case it actually got busy this time. 

Cleo gave out a long sigh in response. She knew he was right and that her worries may be going overboard but she couldn't help being nervous about something this big. She chuckled lightly and lif lt her head up from the counter fully now, placing it back on her palm to gaze up at the man. 

"You're right. I know you are"

She told him softly with a sheepish smile. At his offer, she looked up at him excitedly, grinning from one ear to the next. 

"Yes please~!"

She almost sang. She always enjoyed the "usual" from him. He knew exactly where and how to loosen up her usually very stiff muscles. She was a martial artist herself so she was quite flexible but ever since she started this bar she hadn't been able to stretch and relax herself as she would like.

"You're hands are hands of gold Vick. Seriously."

• Love 1

Vick only grunted in confirmation as he finished his cleanup and exited the counter. He waltzed to behind Cleo with a few mutterings, amongst them, "Just relax," being the barely audible words that came from his mouth. Carefully, he approached the backside of Cleo and softly started to work his magic. His hands were tough, firm, years of working and manual labor hardening those muscles. His own work as of right now seemed harsh and painful at first but he continued from the base of the back of her neck to the shoulders, then to beneath her shoulder blades. 

The man ignored Cleo's approval, not so much on purpose but that he was focused. There were a few knots he managed to smooth out, his hands traveled up and down her form which, to most men, was something they dreamed of. But he didn't think like that, Vick continued until finally ending in her thighs, to which he forced the lady to stand up and crouch down working on both inner and outer thighs. Unbeknownst to the poor old man, this maneuver was a bit much, but he ignored any protest as his mind was somewhere else and not currently focused on voices.

Finally done with his work at the calves, Vick slowly rose and felt the young woman up for anything he missed, nevermind his hands were gentle now. He said behind the woman and sighing, "There you go. You might feel unbalanced but in the end I got what I could," Before taking a seat on a stool next to Cleo. 

Cleo relaxed under his handiwork, sighing softly as she closed her eyes and allowed him to do what he did. She enjoyed his hands soothing out all the little knots she gained from standing in place for too long or simply moving in a wrong way, a light moan of gratitude escaping her lips. Cleo jumped however when he had crouched and forced her up on her feet, stiffening for a moment as he began to massage her thighs. She then relaxed once again, cheeks slightly red as he continued on with his work, raising an eyebrow with a light smile. She knew he didn't see her as a woman and that was why she could relax more under his touch. 

It wasn't too long after when he was finished and patted her down before taking a seat. She sat once again and placed the drink he made her in front of him for him to take a sip from and relax.

"Thanks Vick. I owe you."

She told him with a playful and amiable wink.

• Love 1

"Mmhm, anytime." Kjorvick mutters, making himself comfortable at the counter. It was a quiet night... Or day, he normally worked for however long and didn't pay attention to timr. That was him in a nutshell though. But there were a few things that Vick was curious about Cleo, one of which were boiling down to asking in this moment. 

"For a girl your age why haven't you found yourself a man yet?" It was uncharacteristic of Vick to boot, but rarely he asked about certain things and it was just that, pure curiosity. He continued, "Youngin's your age normally burn through relationships like paper, and I always see you on and off the clock. You holding out or something?" 

Cleo was leaning against the counter, eyes closed as she sighed and relaxed while he sat beside her comfortably. She held a small smile on her lips as her fingers lightly tapped the counter to the beat of the low music that played in the background. 

At hearing the man beside her talk, she opened her eyes and glanced to him from the corner of her eyes. She turned her head and placed ger chin on her palm once more, an eyebrow raised at his question, slight red dusting her cheeks. Cleo laughed sheepishly as she pushed herself to sit up straight, stretching her arms over her head as she hummed in thought for an answer.

"I guess I have high standards? I don't know. I've done my fair share of flirting but most usually focus on my body."

She clenched a fist in front of her and looked to him with a cheeky grin.

"Those men got their ass whooped though!"

She laughed.

"In full honesty, I just don't think I've found anyone right for me. I'm a workaholic so I don't really find time to actually get to know someone and no one's stayed around long enough for that either. I'm quite picky too. So really I guess the problem lies with me?"

Cleo said with a light chuckle, crossing one leg over the other as she looked to him

• Love 1

"Neat, I'm an alcoholic." The large dark man said silently stepping over to the bar and leaning on the counter. "Take you time, I don't need my fix yet." Chad joked as he sat down at the bar slumped over, keeping to himself after he briefly interrupted her and let her finish talking to the other guy.

He was huge, broad and bald except for his goatee. His looming presence cast a shadow over Cleo even though the place was lit with neon lights. He pulled his sunglasses off listening to the music playing at the bar.

"A bottle of your best rum and a 6 pack of cokes..I said I was an alcoholic." He joked in a soft coy tone waiting for her to get around to him. his big green jacket covered his muscular body, his gold chain and ear rings shining in the light of the bar.

• Like 1

Cleo almost jumped, turning to see her first client. With a grin she hopped off her seat and moved around to stand behind the counter across from him. She glanced at the man and gave him her best smile excited to serve. At hearing his request she immediately began to move around the bar, grabbing the rum and the glass to pour it in. She hummed as she began to almost dance around the bar, sliding the glass his way and smoothly pouring in the drink before moving to grab the coke he asked for. Just as she finished up she leaned on the counter and grinned his way.

"Will that be all dear sir?"

Cleo asked. One could tell she was quite amiable and easy to speak to.

"You haven't found anyone yet. Specifically, you haven't found anyone real yet. That time will come, you have to go through the bad ones till you meet that person." Kjorvick replies in a scornful manner to what the lady said but giving some disclosure to her problem, he moved around to the bar and was starting to take his place as a bouncer, watching the larger man stroll in silently and behind Cleo.

Vick simply started to mind his business, if things picked up then he would have to move around and make sure things went smoothly. It wasn't hard to imagine that there were some bad folks out and about but the fact that this was a newly opened bar meant that those "bad folks" haven't found it yet. Or perhaps he was wrong. Vick kept a calm manner as his gaze scanned the empty building, his tattooed arms crossed and his back pressed against the wall while he leaned against it. If only he had his swords... But fists would do, and a gun if a fight got uglier than before. 

Chad tried his best to be polite, but he had clearly cut into the conversation. "Actually, two more things I was wondering about bottle service and a room for the night." Holds up the cokes," I plan to drink drink alot, so I need to place to crash." He said popping a cig in his mouth and sliding her the lighter to see if she wanted to light it for him. His plan was to get a bottle and leave the two to talk but once Vick stepped more in to view, he could see that he was decked out in all black which means he's the bouncer and not a patron. Cleo seemed really eager to serve so he offered to let her light his smokes and pour him drinks from the bottle he was gonna buy. "Hey you wanna drink with us, I'd take the opportunity now before the place gets so packed you can't even move in here." Chad swigged his drink cigarette still in mouth, ready or her to light if she felt like it.

"Two more please?" He asked leaning into the bar for her to light the smoke, his black leather jacket shining in the neon lights of the bar.

Cleo was swift in taking his orders, clearly having done this for years as it had become second nature to her as she bent down behind the counter to grab a room key, sliding it to him on the counter in response with a quick wink and grin. 

"Any other form of room service or simply the bed to sleep?"

Cleo asked to clarify. She had many sorts of private rooms for people however if he was only going to sleep then she would send him to a smaller one most likely, sliding the key card in a computer to activate it for one of the rooms depending on his response. When he slid the lighter, she grasped it, nose wrinkling lightly at the thought of the man smoking. She wasn't a fan but she knew she had to get used to it. She placed the lighter in front of him, snapping it open by his cig with a light smile and lighting it for him. She then closed it and placed it by him once more.

"What kind of room service are you offering?"

He asked letting her light the cig but he could tell she hated to do it by the little nose crinkle. 

"I can use some company in there, I dont mind going outside to smoke."

He said before hitting the cigarette and blowing the smoke away from her. As he waited for her reply he made him self a drink and took a swig of it, relaxing at the bar and looking into the bar tenders eyes.

Cleo glanced to him and smiled appreciatively as he blew the smoke away from her. She hummed at his question and grinned.

"We offer full course meals as well as partners that help warm your bed for you if you wish for one. You can choose out of who we have on hand in terms of workers. Of course rules are are that no is no. No forcing them to do anything theyre uncomfortable with."

She summarised to him as smoothly as she could. She wasn't sure if she marketed it as she should but hoped the idea and concept had come across clearly.

"Any questions?"

She then asked to make sure he had understood her.