New Isekai Life (frisbee x Mini Magi)

Yul took her to his own room next, which was surprisingly simple. A big window (with iron bars in front of it for some reason), a big and comfy looking bed, his work desk with its chair where papers were somewhat organized, a large dresser, and 2 bookshelves. There were also shelves on the wall that had one or another odd item on them, such as a whetstone, some throwing knives, wires, and tools for... probably wood and metalwork. "Probably a bit unspectacular, but to be fair, this is where I focus." Figuring she was more curious about the other rooms, Yul went ahead to the second to last door on his tour. 

"And this..." He opened a double door as he started. "Is my lab." What waited beyond it was the biggest room of the house. Easily at least 2 living rooms in terms of space. One wall was just cupboards with many bottles with labels on them in it. In the middle, a glass covered table. On another wall, flasks and tubes ready to distill and mix. Once again a large bookshelf at one of the walls, but also square shaped holes for scrolls in it. But safety was provided too, evident by the leather gas masks one could see through the glass cupboards. Lab coats, gloves, goggles too. This place was a genuine laboratory for pharmaceutical practices. "In this little lab, I make my medicine. And I don't mean ground unicorn horns. I mean actual, genuine medicine. Aspirin, Levothyroxine, Insulin, you name it. On occasion, I also make potions since they close wounds faster than Dexpanthenol. But since not everyone can afford potions, I make more affordable stuff too." And if not before, she'd see pride in him now. Not the high and mighty kind. He was genuinely proud of what he could do in here. His whole mood was a complete turn from how when he talked about his other job. The other thing he did because he chose to. This he did, because he liked to.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A laboratory was probably the last thing she'd expected to find in this world. Lily had expected to deal with simple medicine made from herbs and plants, but this was on par with modern medicine she was familiar with. It felt out of place in this world, much more so than the comparatively simple technological advancements she saw before. "What the... you do chemistry here? Honest to goodness chemistry. How much do you actually know about this stuff?" Lily couldn't fathom that this world had already discovered the atom, electrons, and by extension, molecular bonds to do chemistry with. But her eyes didn't lie. This lab was better equipped than the one back at her school.

She wandered over to the bookshelf and picked one at random. She had a little trouble deciphering the alphabet, but it was immediately clear this was English, just... written weirdly. Flipping through the pages she did recognize some diagrams from her science textbooks. "That's crazy... Did this knowledge come from my world too?" She had to admire the level of dedication Yul put into his passion, this went way beyond a regular hobby.

Got her! A glorious success in bringing awe to that troubled little soul. And it kept her curiosity up. "That's a long and complicated story with so many dramatic twists and plot points... that you'd surely fall asleep." He giggled while walking past her. "Nah. I'm not gonna keep it a secret. But do my a favor and ask me about it another day. We talked about me quite a lot for a day." The least he could do afterwards was show her around a little. 

The glass bottles contained many substances she was familiar with. And especially dangerous ones were labeled properly, such as one containing white phosphorus, liquid sulfur, mercury even. "Some of this stuff I make or gather myself. Others I have people for." Some less serious substances were also available of course, but while they were useful, they were also a little less dangerous. Still. What they all had in common was that they used the same scientific names as the substances in her world. And safe for computer equipment, his lab had everything it needed. Simpler machinery as well, such as a centrifuge, though it was made simpler than one would expect. Still. It, and the other tools would get the job done. And regardless of the level of technology, a lot of care and time went into this room.

Quite some time passed since the tour here took a fair bit. But it at least showed that Yul put actual effort into creating something good. It also would show that if she sought a medical education, Yul was probably the best choice around. "Aaand that's it. And in case you still have doubts about whenever you should consider my offer or not: Let's go to your room." Going on ahead, he went to the last room of the tour, opened the door quickly, and let her inside. 

Since it was a guest room, it wasn't exactly tailored to her needs. But it did have a big window (though once again with iron bars in front of it), an empty bookshelf, a dresser with mirrors on both doors, and a big and comfy looking bed. While she went in, Yul leaned with his side against the door frame, and spoke up once it seemed like she was done. "Since you'd live there, we can of course buy a thing or two to make it more homey. But still. Unless you're having heavy doubts, I offer an education, this house, and a fair payment on top of it, if you in turn are just willing to show effort. 
You would work as the main attendant of the store since people are on edge around me. This means you would have to learn about at least some medicine at first, but could of course always ask me if a more difficult case happens. Wanna think it over for a day or two?" 
As good as the offer was, it did not escape Yul that Lily was still dealing with the bad news from before. So he expected her to take a week off at least.

The guest room was about as good as Lily could've expected. It couldn't measure up to her own bedroom though, it missed all of the little personal details that a personal bedroom has. Posters, souvenirs, the flashy pink wallpaper with a heart pattern she was probably too old for at this point... it was all missing. She let out a little sigh and plopped down on the side of the bed. "Well... It does sound like an appealing offer... I don't know, there's a lot on my mind right now. I think I need some time to get my thoughts in order, and get to terms with this world and everything. If that's okay. I'll do some housework while I stay though, it's the least I can do to repay the favour." She then let herself flop onto her back, sighing contentedly. It was pretty comfortable. "What's with those bars on the windows, by the way?"

Edited by frisbee

"That's fair." Sure, he would have preferred it if she accepted right away, but hey. It wasn't a no, and it was absolutely understandable. "Theft prevention. I had someone break in and specifically aim for my lab, so I'll be adding a few things here and there. No worries. I'll make you keys too." One didn't have to be a genius to do something bad with some of the stuff he had. The aforementioned white phosphorus alone was a catastrophe in a bottle not even Yul would touch without tongs and a gas mask. "Oh and give me a minute." Yul went to his room real quick, leaving her alone for just a few seconds, befor coming back with a little notebook and a pen. "For taking notes on what you might need, want, and wouldn't mind having." 

Yul went over some things in his head, thought, then spoke up once more. "I think I could show you the store floor, but let's save that for another time. It's only the main area and back area after all, so you're not missing much. You mind if I make us dinner and get back to my usual routine? I still have to report to one of my friends what happened. No worries. They're nice." While she thought, Yul considered his options for dinner. Something filling would be good, so... "How would you feel about chicken curry?"

"Doesn't seem very homey. I guess if it's necessary there's no helping it, but... it kind of kills the vibe, you know?" She sat upright again and cleared her throat. "Sorry. I don't mean to be negative. Just make sure to keep any nail files away from me or I might just bust out of here."

Lily fiddled with the pen between her fingers, twirling it expertly. It didn't come as a surprise that Yul would have associates in his business, but it worked up her nerves nevertheless. "Oh, um, yeah. Chicken curry. Can't go wrong with that."

"Dinner coming right up. And hey, try to work with those bars. Could be a fetish you have yet to discover." And with a dirty little laugh, Yul went away to the kitchen to take care of their meal. 

[Some time later]

"Lily~! Dinner's ready~!" Yul yelled through the second floor while he set up the dishes. Everything was indeed ready otherwise. He cooked some rice, made an in his opinion good curry, and cooked it with diced chicken. By the time she arrived, he had already poured the curry right beside the rice on her platter. "There you are. Settling in alright? I've been thinking that you might be a bit bored, so... do you read books by any chance?" He had a good number of those on various topics and wouldn't mind sharing, that's for sure. Plus, she definitely needed something to do. 

Fetish? He brought up collars before, too. Is that the kind of man Yul is? Could she be into that? Lily's cheeks flushed with embarrassment and she hastily closed the door behind him as he left. "Sheesh...!" She walked over to the window and tugged at the bars. They didn't budge, of course. She tugged a little harder. The bars didn't give her an inch. Well, at least she knew nobody was going to bust through that window anytime soon. Not unless she tossed out a nail file first.

Some time and some doodling in her notebook later, Yul's voice voice boomed through the building. lily snapped shut her notebook and tossed it onto her bedside table before making her way downstairs. She took a seat. "Oh, books? Yeah, sometimes. I read science-fiction and romance primarily. I also like to read light novels every now and then." She grabbed a fork and twirled it around exactly once, before gripping it between her fingers. "It looks good..." She scooped up some rice and curry, and popped it into her mouth. "Mm... Yeah. Delicious. Thanks."

Doing his best to be a good host, Yul brought buns on a platter and a jug of water, as well as 2 mugs. After getting seated himself, he gave his dish another try, the first being while he cooked it, and yes. It indeed was delicious~ Satisfied with himself, he was ready to dig in.

Interesting. There were some things she just said he couldn't identify yet. "I understood exactly half of that. I have an idea about what science fiction could be, but what is a light novel?" By the words alone, he'd assume it was a spell book, or relic. But considering where she was from, it was unlikely. 

"Oh, they're just... stories aimed at younger audiences, I suppose. Not children or anything, think young adults. They can be fantasy, romance, comedy... anything, really. As the name implies, they tend to be easy reading." It was a nice change of pace to finally be the one explaining stuff. Frustratingly, Yul knew everything about this world, but because of the influence of those otherworlders he seemed to know quite a few things about her world as well. "I guess they're kind of niche culturally. For most parts of the world, anyway."

Lily poured herself a glass of water and took a few sips before continuing to eat. She hadn't quite noticed before, but she was more hungry than she thought. "Hey, I'll do the dishes when we're done, okay? I won't take no for an answer."

Less work for him? Fine by him, really. "Alright. Sink is all yours." This was also, as far as he knew, the first time she showed initiative. There was really no good reason to try to be overly nice here. Besides. This took care of a little problem he saw in the near future.

All in all, Yul was again satisfied with his cooking, and so seemed she. Good~ Taking her up on the offer she made before, Yul put his cutlery on his platter and pushed it a bit closer to her before getting up. "Thanks in advance." Figuring she would be able to handle the sink, he went towards the bathroom, opened the door... and stopped, grinning at an idea. "Oh Lily~?" This would be fun~ "I'm about to take a bath, so no peeking unless you wanna get scaroused by my dick." He took a step forward to hide behind the door... then held both his hands out, palms against each other, and separated them slowly, showing a... nice, then impressive, oh my, and at the end, rather scary size, before rushing in with a loud laugh. That will keep her mind occupied~

Lily had just collected the dishes from the table when Yul pulled his prank. She couldn't believe her eyes and ears, and with a slightly louder than necessary clang, dropped the plates a short distance onto the counter. "W-w-what...?! E-excuse me? She wanted to throw something after him, but held back for fear of breaking anything. She huffed and returned to the dishes. What the heck is he thinking?

He couldn't be serious about that, right? His hands were pretty far apart... Lily imagined what he might look like nude, including his size, and... she immediately shook her head. Her cheeks were burning. Why was her subconscious driven to thoughts like that? It's all his fault! It's not like she was planning on peeking to begin with! She breathed a deep sigh, calming her nerves somewhat. She returned to the dishes. She looked around the cupboard briefly for some dish soap and a brush and turned on the water so she could start scrubbing. As much as she tried to distract herself by singing, her mind was still plagued by unhelpful, lewd thoughts. It's been too long since she last masturbated, clearly.

Yul was in the bath for a bit under half an hour, and came out looking quite refreshed. Also silly, because he had changed into a set of green and white striped pajamas, complete with a nightcap and a fluffy pommel at its floppy top. His fluffy looking sandals made only a very faint flip-flop sound as he went over to where Lily was, and knocked on the doorframe. "Bath is free if you want your turn. Also, you mind if I bring some books into your room? Nothing special. Just something to keep you occupied when there is nothing better to do." She could also just stare out of the window of course, but personally, he figured that was a bit less fun.

Lily had been busy doing the dishes as she had insisted. With those finished, she wiped clean the counter as well as the dinner table, anything to keep herself busy at this point. She quickly turned her head when Yul came knocking.

"Hm?" One glance at his outfit had her snickering, which she quickly covered with her hand. "Heh. You're... adorable." Suddenly he looked very innocent and harmless, a little childish, even. She cleared her throat. "Uh, yeah. I don't mind. I'd love to have something to read."

She put away the cleaning supplies before heading to take a bath. "If you'll excuse me... Oh, and no peeking. I suspect you've been fantasizing about me ever since you saw me in my school uniform, after all. Feel free to masturbate, though." She quickly closed the door behind her.

Adorable eh? Yul took a little spin at that comment to let her have a good look on all the adorable little details, taking it in good humor as usual. And yet... While he went through his collection in his head, did she decide to be bold again? Ohoho! He considered himself caught on her hook, grinned, and grinned at her. The challenge was accepted! "Oh I will." He began walking, the sound of flip-flops accompanying his steps. "I'll pick you some nice books, then go to my bed, lie down, unleash the kraken, and moan your name up to the ceiling till the sun goes up. Why do you think the doors are soundproof? Feel free to masturbate, though~" Using someone's own words against them. A delightful feeling~

...Aaaand just for the sake of it, Yul stopped, turned around to her, and leaned against the wall with his shoulder, smiling playfully while looking at her with only one (his yellow) eye. "Or I could just fuck you, how about that?" Nah. She probably wouldn't take it serious. It wasn't even a real offer. But she was just too fun to tease~ Hence why he leaned against the wall too. To give her more than enough space to dash past him if she wanted.

Lily stood frozen solid, her expression indescribable. Her face was bright red, contorting between fury, embarrassment, and... something else. This is probably a lesson she would never learn. She couldn't out-tease Yul. He seemingly knew no shame. He'd always shoot right back, tenfold. Was there any way out of this that maintained her dignity? Or should she simply accept her loss, again?

The only way to one-up him at this point was to call his bluff. Surely he wouldn't dare? Although, would it even be a bad thing if he did? Lily was attracted to him, after all. No, don't think about that!

"Kh... Y-you...!" She pointed an accusing finger. "D-don't you take whatever you want anyway?! Trespassers will be prostituted? T-try to put a collar on me and see what happens!" Having said her piece, she quickly rushed past him and locked herself in the bathroom.

She was like a puppy. An adorable, little, angry puppy. He could see that she was trying SO HARD to come up with a good retort. Too bad petting her head would have made the situation bad, because he really felt like giving her some. While she dashed past, he yelled bemused after her. "I'd love to, but I actually like you and am a hopeless romantic." And with a slam, and lock, the door went shut. Eyup. The next few days would be fun~

Yul went to his room, and just as promised, picked out a few books for her. Given that she had interest in becoming a doctor, he put focus on medical books, one of which was even written by him and detailed human anatomy, as well as common problems with it, and medicines with their whole creation process against them. Such as muscle relaxants and thermal pads against back pain. Catching up that she was into stories, he also picked up a few romance novels, one of which was based on the diary of an adventurer, while another was mere fiction and told of a love triangle between a human, an angel disguised as human she fell in love with, and a demon she summoned to assist her. Lastly, a cook book. He wasn't sure if she needed it, but hey. Worst case scenario: She'd have more specific wishes for her meals.

Yul went to her room afterwards and carefully put all the books into the bookshelf, and made sure to be back in his own room before she came out of the bath. They played enough for one day. So with Lily having taken care of the dishes, all he had left to take care of was get to bed, wind up the mechanical clock, and get some rest. He'd think of things to do with her, and things to do in general tomorrow.

Edited by Mini Magi

Spending thirty minutes in bath gave her ample time to reflect on her embarrassing outburst. She would remember this and wince at it for the rest of her life. She sunk deep into the tub and blew bubbles in the water. Was Yul actually serious about anything he said? Lily couldn't stop thinking about it. Why did she care, anyway? Was there something to it? Surely not.

When she finished up she realized she'd forgotten to bring a change of clothes. Lily preferred to sleep in just her panties anyway, so this wouldn't be a big deal, but she'd rather not be seen walking down the hallway. She quietly unlocked the door and popped her head out to peek down the hallway. First left, then right. It seemed the coast was clear. She quickly rushed to her room, light on her feet, fairly confident nobody saw her in her underwear.

She noticed the new additions to the bookshelf at a glance and wandered over, driven by curiosity. It was still a little early to sleep, she could spare a little time to read. She needed to distract her thoughts, so how about something adventurous? "Sylvia's Quest." Based on true events. That's always interesting. She got in bed and turned on the lamp on her bedside table. She flipped open the cover. Thirty minutes should be fine.

The night would pass without any further incidents, and the both of them would be given precious hours of good rest.

The next day, Lily would be woken up by the sunlight, and an impossible not to notice, very sweet aroma. As if someone was cooking sugar and fruits. Peeking outside her room, her exploration would be cut short by a basked in front of her door. It were her clothes, freshly washed. Yul was quite busy in his mornings it seemed.

Exploring further, Lily would find Yul in his kitchen, kneading what looked like a very thick syrup over a hook on the wall, putting it over it, pulling, and wrapping it around it over and over. There were 2 big pods still boiling something, and some kind of medium sized machine with 2 cylinders right against each other, a ramp, and a crank. When he noticed her, Yul turned his head to Lily. "Ah, there you are. Morning. Can you give me a hand or two and start turning the crank on that drop roller?" And there was the name of the contraption. But more on that, and other worries, later.

She simply nodded and sauntered over to the contraption. "Morning... Are you always up this early...?" She yawned and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. Lily was not a morning person at all. "So I just crank it? Are you making candy? I think I've seen something like this on TV before." She gripped the crank and turned it clockwise. The machine whirred as the cylinders spun, albeit in the wrong direction. "Have you even had breakfast yet? It's not good to work on an empty stomach, you know..."

Yul chuckled at the comment as he watched her do him a favor. "I can tell." Still. he appreciated that she at least tried, and out of nowhere, gave the sleep girl a few pats on her head. "Go take a seat. I'll make you breakfast as soon as I'm done with this first one. Won't be a minute." And as soon as she did step away, Yul quickly slapped the raw mass into the feeder, and turned the crank on his own with his left arm.

The mass came out as a sort of bubble wrap on the other side. Red bubble wrap that smelled like berries. It came out well too, and safe for the very start and end, everything looked even. Yul pushed the bubble wrap like mass aside carefully to let it cool off, then went to the fridge to prepare her something good. "Any wishes? Something quick, or can will you last more than a few minutes?"

"Hmmm..." Lily took a cursory whiff of the fruity scent. "Nice..." Another yawn. "Sorry. Usually breakfast peps me right up. Please, take your time. I'm not too picky..." Lily took a seat at the dinner table, gazing at Yul with a vacant stare. "Actually, some scrambled eggs would really hit the spot right now. If it's not too much trouble I'd like a cup of tea as well. If that's okay."

Scrambled eggs and tea? "And here I thought this would be difficult~ Behold my handiwork!" With the order up, Yul took care of the easiest step first. The tea. He took out a kettle, filled it with enough water for a couple cups of tea, and put that on a plastic base that had a thumb sized bit sticking out of it. The kettle fit right in, and armed with a bowl, Yul went to the fridge next. Thinking 5 eggs should be plenty, he took them out one by one with one hand, then cracked them perfectly with the other and threw the shells away. He also mixed in some cream into the mix, and a slice of butter into his pan.

A few minutes later, Lily would find a plate equal to 2 portions of scrambled eggs, a cup of tea, and 2 slices of toast in front of her. The other half of what he made was on his own platter, though he didn't have the time to eat yet. There was more candy to be made, so he worked on that, kneading a yellow mass like a dough, before once again pulling it over a hook on the wall over and over again. "Go ahead. I'll take some more time here. Also, do you have any plans for today?" At least the process was quiet, so none of them had to raise their voice.

Lily gave a soft smile. "I told you I'm not that picky. You're lucky my tastes aren't more refined. I could just as well have been some snooty rich girl constantly giving you a hard time." She followed Yul's movements with her eyes, only briefly interrupting to rub the sleep out of them one more time. Once she opened them again her breakfast was ready for her. "Thanks... You're pretty good in the kitchen, huh... girls love that sort of thing, you know. You're still single?" She poked her eggs with a fork and took a bite.

After getting a little food in her system as well as a nice hot cup of tea Lily felt a lot more energized and ready for the day. "Plans... Hm, well, if you don't need me around the shop or anything I'd like to spend some time learning about 'otherworlders' as you call them, and what it takes to summon them here. Maybe there's a way we can put a stop to it, you know? On an unrelated note, I also want to try using my ability again. Properly, this time." She took a long sip of tea, clearly enjoying the taste. "Ah... I did promise to help you out, though. So tell me if you need me."

"Well, I do have a couple of girls banging on my door on occasion, but I prefer to not let them out of the basement." He gave her a moment to wonder whenever he was serious or not, then chuckled. "I'm joking. Yes I'm single. And the basement is horribly unsuited to keep anyone there." He kept talking while rolling more candy out, resulting in his little speech being accompanied by little noises of candy mass being squished into shape. "I'd say it's because of my sense of humor, the first floor of my home being a mess... oh and my eyes making it seem like I am staring directly into the soul of whoever I gaze upon. ...And I guess I'm a bit of a smart ass, but I feel like that's not the main reason." It had advantages, of course, but still. It should be rather obvious that Yul was not just capable of socializing, but wanted to do so too. From his point of view, the situation was just not in his favor.

Finally going through the process of preparing a yellow candy mass, Yul listened to her plans, and turned to her when she was done. "Way ahead of you. It's a ritual spell that requires certain special resources and talents. I have some friends keeping their eyes on those very resources, and whenever they gather in the relatively same area, I get a letter and go for a walk. I would give you a list, buuuuut, people can be forced to hand over information. Persuasion, manipulation, certain drugs, or good ol torture. It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I don't trust many people out there." On the bright side, there seemed to be some people out there that Yul trusted. "Well... As for helping me... How would you feel about selling candy to sailors?" She could also help him clean out the shop, but that was not exactly an exciting thing to do. Plus, he figured she was curious who he made a big jar's worth of candy for. At least that mystery was solved now.

Edited by Mini Magi