Fallout 4 - Boston Besties - [JennyDK & Cash Money Chad]

Roleplay between: @JennyDK and @Cash Money Chad

Overall premise:
A young man has recently left the safety and comfort of his Vault to venture out into the wasteland of the Boston Commonwealth. Soon after, while in a completely alien, dangerous and new environment he stumbles into the closest town, Concord. There he finds what is an intelligent deathclaw, that he opts to save, so she may have his back, combat-wise and he can compliments the areas where she is not exactly having much of a chance of success, thus striking an unlikely alliance and friendship. With a shared homebase, they are free to explore, do quests, develop their skills and so on together.

---------------------------------------------------

The small and abandoned town of Concord is far from any established and somewat civilized settlement. Thus it's an easy place for an ambush or for bad people to do bad things in relative peace most often. Such is the case today, as local raiders have somehow managed to get a hold of a huge trap cell, which has been used to hold the dangerous deathclaws. They have managed to capture such a one, intending to likely sell it off or worse. The group of them is sitting around a small campire, whilst eating their current shared meal. They think themselves safe at the moment, with the huge mutated lizard caught in the cage. Only one of them is needed to keep a lookout.

3eaef919e92da5304799d0b3fcad8899c9d2a61d

The Lookout was in for a sudden shock when he fell unconscious to the butt of a gun. A man clad in various pieces of armor had struck the look out from behind. It's too bad the raiders were so preoccupied with drinking and partying to notice their only look out had fallen unconscious and was being dragged out of view. Remaining hidden he tried to assess how many there were...too many. There wasn't nearly enough cover to keep them from surrounding him and there was some in the windows that could snipe him and armed with only a weak pipe rifle he knew he couldn't take them out fast enough to keep them from swarming him. for a brief instant he thought about cutting and running but the people at a nearby settlement offered him quite alot of caps, more importantly they needed his help. "Shit what am I gonna do? I can't take them all out in an ambush, maybe I could try getting them to chase me and pick them off from around corners, but that's way to risky." He muttered to himself thinking that no one could hear him, but it turns out someone unexpected was just in ear shot of him.

• Like 1

Not far off from where he was at, a certain other being is watching and listening, as much as she is able to throug the small slits along the sides of the cage, to what is going on close by. She even manages to hear him speak to himself. It seems as if they can mutually benefit from each other as well and even if he should turn on her, it is not like he will have much of a chance. Of course, she is aware of the sheer terror, fear and running her mere presence usually causes, so being hidden for now probably makes this much easier, even despite her growling voice. After a short moment, she finally speaks."Hello. Are you looking to get past those asshats? You look like you came out of a Vault...judging by that suit".

He turned to the cage with bewilderment at what he saw, a Deathclaw speaking to him, he didn't know what to make of it if he wasn't wearing a mask she could see the stunned look on his face. slowly he approached the cage "Yeah I haven't been out long, haven't had much time to change...I didn't know creatures like you could speak, but then again I've seen big green orks speak speaking relatively fluent English so this shouldn't surprise me, but yeah I'm not looking to get past them I'm looking to eliminate them. think you can help me out with that  and we can get out of here?" He said trying to keep his voice down.

"Orks? You mean...big and green dudes? Those are called super mutants...I can explain them to you later on...for now: not only do I wish to help you get rid of those pests...I will relish tearing them limb from limb and beyond! Those raider bastards captured me in this cage and their intentions are NEVER any good!", she tells him between light snarls, growls and other animalistic noises. She also shows him her large muscles as she flex and her deadly claws, proving she is not one to be messed with.

"Alright but im gonna shoot the lock so you need to come in swinging. Im gonna cover you to draw their fire as best I can." He picked up his pipe pistol and shot the lock before backing off and heading for cover. The raiders aim their guns at the massive death claw lumbering towards them but before they knew it the vault dweller took aim and fired on the guys closest to her, wounding them as the death claw draws closer

The locks, whilst not the intended and normal ways to lock this sort of cage, still prove decent enough in great enough numbers and applied in the right places. The last of them is shot off and as soon as the door swings open, the huge mutated lizard wastes no time and rushes out of the thing, the ground shaking lightly from her sheer size and volume. Her arms are stretched out wide, claws fully exposed and her face visibly angry and hostile. The group of raiders is plentiful, but their equipment is weak and thin and no match at all for one like her.

With the Death claw now free this was his chance to use the raiders own fortifications against them. Using the walls as cover and firing on their flanks once they are distracted with the death claw approaching. The raiders were pretty well armored, but he did manage to land debilitating shots between the armors fortified areas, crippling most he exchanged shots with and killing a couple, this was enough to gain him some attention and keeping the damage on the death claw negligible as she approached them. Many of them even scattering so as to get out of the creature's war path. Those who didn't scatter would soon feel the wrath of the rampaging mega lizard with shock and awe on their face,

The path towards the scrambling group of terrified humans is not long and soon enough, she reaches them before they are able to run away. Big and sharp claws tear through sinew, muscles and flesh like it was made of hot butter, causing most victims to be torn apart by a single swipe. The screams are loud, horrible and gurgling, but ultimately shortlived as she makes easy work of the group without and major issue. Only one or two manage to escape and just barely as they are still bleeding and hurting. The scene of combat soon dies down and the huge, mutated lizard woman relaxes once more and smiles in glee at the carnage produced."You may approach human....the danger is over now", she simply tells the one who freed her.

• 2 weeks later...

"You must feel great now that you can stretch your legs." The vault dweller approaches and starts looking the bodies, grabbing whatever armor, food, and weapons he can get. "well ive stripped them down, might as well eat then while they are still fresh." He said popping ope. a bottle of nuka cola and having a seat.."hell you can probably cook them if you want."

• 2 weeks later...

The huge, mutated lizard finally relaxes as soon as the coast is clear and no more danger is truly around them. She turns to look at the human who helped freeing her and whom she helped out in return."Hmmmm...more like I was glad to not be sold off somewhere or worse. So...do you have a name, human?", she asks whilst picking up one of the bodies, which she intends to drag off to the side and feast on soon.

"You don't have to be embarrassed about eating in front of me, I'm a bit of a psycho; Rick Hunter is the name..but I'm more interested in what your name is?" He says pulling out a can of fruit that isnt very irradiated. He opens it up and starts to eat it. relived that he survived the fight with the raiders and fascinated by the talking death claw. Never having seen a sentient one in his short time out of the vault.

• 2 weeks later...

The large beast woman gives him a puzzled and mixed look as he doesn't seem to mind something as graphic and bloody as devouring of bodies. However, it saves her some time and effort and if it doesn't bother him, who is she to argue? So she begins to put down the pair of bodies she just lifted to her grips."Rick...oh, okay. Well, I kind of took the name Claudia for myself some time ago. What is your plan after this then? You have any place to live?", she asks, whilst slowly devouring one of the dead raiders.

• 2 weeks later...

" Not really my vault got over run and I had to escape into the waste land. How about you Claudia do you have a nest to call your own?" He asked watching her eat and eating some rations him self feeling a bit sick from the radiation. He wore an assault gas mask so his face couldnt be seen just the expressionless mask as he watched her eat the corpses of raiders. Once she finished a body he scavenged it for pieces of armor he could add to his own.

• 2 weeks later...

'The thought of being exiled from ones home is bad enough', the deathclaw said to herself in mind, before adding,'...and the Vaults are supposed to be much more safe', ending her inner monologue. She shakes her head at his own question."No, I do not have such a place. Feral deathclaws don't really work well with the very few of us who, making us even more isolated from anyone around. Perhaps - since you have not fled from me - we could strike up a more ongoing alliance?", she inquires back and lets him withdraw anything from the body as he likes as it both doesn't fit onto her body and is also unnecessary as well.

• 3 weeks later...

"Sounds good to me actually" He said sorting out everything they can use and everything he could sell. "I think first thing we can do is find a little place to call home. Or at least somewhere to hunker down until we can find a new place. " he takes a look around the area to see if there is a good place to stay eating with Claudia and having a swig of nukacola. "Any Ideas?" He asked before fully taking off his gass mask, having only lifted it before. Now, giving Claudia a good look at his face.

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Did you have a reference image for him?

Claudia rises fully onto her hind legs, giving her a much farther and better view of the surroundings around Concord. She doesn't know very much about what might be the best possible places for a home, but a small site does stand out to her. It is small, located uphill and in general looks very secluded - so in multiple ways fairly easy to defend and having a good view around the nearby area. She takes a few extra sniffs of the air, making sure it seems safe still."Hmmmm...perhaps over there? What do you think?", she asks as she points towards the small Red Rocket gas station up towards the Northwest.

• 1 month later...

Ooc sorry dont but its the green assault gas mask for a face

"That could work."he said carrying his supplies down the road once setting his stuff down. " now we need a spot to settle down and make some beds." He said looking out the window when he spotted some insects but also there are a couple of raiders skulking around. "Hey you smell these guys?" He said letting out a sigh, there was no time to get cozy with some get to know you conversation. The trials and tribulations of the Boston wasteland are never over. "Looks like they arent out for us. They are looking at that settlement and that the diner converted to a convenance store.."

• 4 weeks later...

Claudia has indeed felt their scent vaguely in her nose and is giving them extra look. Luckily, they have not spotted the pair or seem very close to their position either and even appear to be heading somewhere else."Sounds about right. If we keep quiet and low, we can avoid being seen or heard I think. We can move on I think", she says, suggesting they keep going for now.

• 2 months later...

O"We can avoid them for now but I want to hunt them down later before they do anything." He said getting low and sneaking past them to the red rocket. "Im surprised they didnt notice us, any sign of the raiders?"He asked while gathering raw materials to build things. First thing he started building was a water pump. Then a bed then worked on his weapons and armor for the coming battle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up