Fantasy Farm: New Horizon (Moon Hound Hati x Mini Magi)

There were many ways one could find fulfillment in this world. Make large amounts of money with trading, start a family, travel the world like a good ol fashioned adventurer, or in one particular case: Have a farm. Located just south of a certain little village, it was an almost idyllic little place. But alas, we all have to leave eventually. And although one soul was gone, they made sure to send one very important letter before the inevitable happened.

Sealed in a small envelope was a letter, and its recipient? The second son of a particular little farmer family.

"Dear Cress,

by the time you read this, I'm already dead. And don't you dare cry about it, ya wuss! It ain't as sad as you think. I married the love of my life, was made me own cash, could cook, sail, even magecraft. How many others can say the same? It's not rare, sure, but when was the last time YOU made yourself a proper pair of boots, huh?!

Ah! But focus. Look. We both know that you will not inherit your family's farm... unless something bad happens to yer dear brother. But since neither of us hate the little posh snob enough, and assassins are expensive as shit, how about ya come over and take over mine? The land is special, and Azure Vale is a pretty li'l pearl~ But it comes with a condition. You have to tend to it yourself. No family money, no dear daddy, especially not your brother, and no friends to come live with you. Ye can't keep relying on others all the time. Leave the nest, start growing up, and live your own life. The girls here are damn fine too and just your age. Would say something lewd, buy yer granny is probably watching.

PS: Don't worry about any paperwork. I took care of all, and the rest of the family will get just me money. Ha! What a bunch of suckers!"

Many others might have preferred the money, but who knows? A farm to call their own? Attached to the letter was even a photo. A simple 1 story house with an attic, and if memory served him well, it had a basement as large as the first floor. The barn on the photo would need some work, since even here, it was obvious the roof wasn't in good shape. But still. A river went perfectly along the road from north to south on the western side of the farm, giving easy access to fresh water. And the field itself was comfortably big. Not so big that one would need heavy machinery to tend to it all, yet big enough to feed its farmer AND have enough produce to sell to make a decent living.

Edited by Mini Magi