Foyer

As the trio finally returned from their outing at the river Selene was dismissed by her Beta at the Foyer. With a salute she'd allowed the two their leave. At least Samara wouldn't need to worry about an unpleasant experience with Axel! He was pretty affectionate! Also really, really good at sex. Well, maybe. It wasn't as though she had a lot of experience.

I smell new wolves! I think. Wait is that a vampire?

The little scout sniffed at the air. What the heck had she missed?!? Oh right. There had been a vampire. Samara had already informed her of that! She was probably just catching the remnants of what had been left behind. Still, new wolves? That was a curious thing! What were they like? Would they be kind? And why were they here? She was so very curious! In fact she'd been on her way to follow the new scents when she'd noticed June standing around.

Huh. I thought she went with Mister Austin?

With a smile she waved towards the woman, completely having missed the somber mood. And who could blame her? Selene was having such an amazing day thus far! "Hello ma'am! Did Mister Austin not return yet?"

June looked at the little wolf she had been trying to find "he's gone to talk with Alicia Blackthorne and I'm afraid I'll be getting forced to leave his side once he returns" she felt her heart breaking "he's told me I'm to stop being his luna selene...." She felt tears fall "..I'll be returning to omega and you'll be higher rank then me. I'm sorry I've failed you and the pack as luna but if you're the only one nice after tomorrow please don't hate me?"

• Love 2

It didn't take Selene long to register that something was definitely up, and as June spoke a few more gears finally clicked into place. Why was Samara the one giving orders? Why hadn't June gone with Austin? Why was she here all on her lonesome?

Oh. Oh wow. What the heck did I miss?!?

Perhaps offering Samara a hug out of the blue might have been a mistake, but here? June definitely could use one. She doubted she'd be against it. As such the little wolf made her way over, arms opening to offer one to the woman. What did one say in this situation? All of this being social stuff wasn't something she was used to! Also, the two had seemed so content with one another in the morning! It was definitely confusing.

"I won't hate you! I-it's okay! Being a lower rank isn't that bad! Really!"

It was all that Selene had known, after all. Heck, it could be worse: they could be a vampire's thrall! That had to be terrible, right? Locked away within some dungeon, blood dripping away through a tube to some gigantic container marked 'Blood', because of course it would be. That was totally what happened, right?

Well I don't think Mister Austin is taking me tonight then, right? He's probably really sad too! I should give him a hug too when he gets back!

• Love 1

June accepted the hug crying softly as she whispered "I hope Austin choses someone like you to his new luna" she held selene close whispering "secret for only you, if someone like samara becomes luna I'm leaving the pack and Austin's territory. I won't obey someone who uses moments like this to bully others"

• Love 1

Thin arms wrapped as best they could around the woman's frame, hands rubbing at June's back in an attempt to bring her some comfort. There there. It would be fine! Heck, worse had happened! Probably! Of course she knew that she didn't have the full story here. It didn't make much sense to her. But she wasn't really one who was on a 'need to know' sort of basis. Selene did what she was told and she was content with that.

So when June made the suggestion that she might become a Luna, poor Selene tensed up a bit. Her? A Luna? Oh no. No no no. She was not ready for that sort of responsibility! Heck, why would anyone choose her for that position? She wouldn't choose herself! Someone strong deserved to be there. Like June! June was strong! Or, well, anyone else!

"A-ah. Um. I don't think he would, ma'am" she whispered. At least, she hoped not. Austin was great, of course. Being with him wasn't the issue! Heck, she knew now that she could at least handle his Human body, even if it was a bit of a tight fit. Maybe she could even handle his transformed form? Axel had shown her that it was, at least, possible. But leadership? Being in charge of other people?!? That was scary!

"L-leaving? You shouldn't do that! It's not safe out there! A-and we'll miss you!"

• Love 1

June pulled away shaking her head "you yes....Austin I don't know.....everyone else no" she sighed "Austin's decided this on our anniversary selene, and samara is more then happy to announce it to the entire pack in front of Austin's kin! Not a single person defended me against her, not one. I doubt I'll be missed and I doubt Austin would bother with the trouble of going after an ex mate that he personally told to leave him." She put a hand on her belly "what am I to do if miraculously pregnant with the alphas baby but am not his mate?"

• Love 1

With the hug released Selene's arms dropped to her sides, hands fiddling nervously with her gown. Did nobody else get along with June? Was she really that out of touch with her own pack? Another point as to why Selene would never become the Luna. A Luna was responsible for taking care of the pack, right? Selene would certainly try, sure, but there were far better choices.

"O-oh. Well that doesn't sound very nice."

Samara had done that? Maybe she had a good reason for it though? She was the Beta, after all. It wasn't like she'd be mean just for the heck of it.

Heck. I don't even know anymore! Miss Samara is nice though, isn't she?

Selene's gaze lowered to June's belly. That was a good question, wasn't it? She could only answer with a timid shrug of her shoulders. "M-maybe he would take you back then?"

• Love 1

A hand raised, rubbing at the side of her head. Well maybe he was just in a hurry? Or maybe he really was upset with her. Unfortunately she couldn't really know. June would know more, and Austin himself would know best. Was she really in any position to press on this sort of thing? It was personal, wasn't it? Perhaps if she spent time with him she could ask, but still.

"I don't think there is really anything I can do. I can try to ask though. B-but I don't think it will change anything. Someone with more authority might be able to do something though, right?"

As it stood, Selene was one of the worst people to come to for such a thing. She was just a lowly warrior, and she had no aspirations to become anything beyond that.

• Love 1

With a slow, hesitant nod Selene glanced towards the front door. Unfortunately Austin was still out. She couldn't ask him now. She was hesitant to ask him when he returned. What if he was in a foul mood? But she said that she'd try to help, and try she must! When he returned.

I'll just have to hope, I guess!

Managing a slight smile, the little wolf returned her gaze to June, flashing her two thumbs up! "I'll t-try to ask when he returns! Um, until then I might see who the new wolves are, if you want to come? I'm really curious!" Unfortunately there wasn't much she could think of at the moment to help.

• Love 1

They were related to Austin? Were they as big as he was? She wondered how similar they looked and, more important, what sort of temperament they might have. Perhaps they would be less quiet? Kinder? More excitable? Who could say! But then they could have been mean too. There had to be a reason why June was out here and not in there, right?

With a nod and a deep breath she turned, leading the way into the Dining Hall! It was time to become a little more social! She could do it! It wasn't like she was going to be the only one there, after all!

(((Moving to Dining Hall!)))

Walking back in with his attire, he took off his Desperado Cowboy hat and started to shut the door. Once it clicked, he leaned his back against and signed, running a hand over his face once to get the metaphorical sweat and grime off. He could go firba good meal now, eat something that wasn't pasta... Chocolate mill, Kraft macaroni and cheese with fried cheesy Little Smokies mixed, and pizza rolls. Plenty of pizza rolls and chocolate milk. He would start on that as soon he mentally filters everything from he day: Woke up hangry, shuffled through the bullshit of the pack via documents, demoted his Luna which wasn't hurting as bad, and went to Blackthorne... And despite his obvious outrage, he was surprisingly calm. Not calm before the storm,  but simply calm, but now his stomach growled at him.

Trekking up the steps now, Austin was leaning against the oak railing like he was earlier, staring off into space. Wvat a day, and he wasn't even tired! He could stay up,alm he would do like always was lay down wide awake watching thr ceiling. Before he did it with June, even getting with someone he liked... Didn't help. He started to circle through his past lovers, Amanda who was his wife died through a brutal vampire attack, he still heard her screams and the kids as well,  held down and forced to watch bound by red hot silver chains.

Then the Alpha ended up somehow with the attitude bitch of the pack, Rachel, who was killed in an ambush by hunters by mistake. Then there was Brigita, who he not only admired and adored but she was the only female with a set a balls to speak back to the Alpha, when he had spent time with her the screams all stopped but due to certain obligations she left the Midnight, left Austin. With June there was some form of affection, it wasn't true love but rather an attempt for him to fill that growing void in his heart. But he couldn't look at her like he used to, he grew more distant the more attached she became, everything she did for him affected the pack negatively.  Good girl nonetheless,  he like clingy but thete were a lot of things missing, and he couldn't love her like all the rest for a variety of reasons. 

Sighing again, Austin would continue to look out into the massive and decorated Foyer, tonight was... Surprisingly a good night. Just eat, shower, and stay up again like he always does.

• Love 1

Have you ever heard of the phrase, "Speak of the devil and they doth appear"? The phrase may be traced back to the 16th century and for a long time it implied the prohibition of mentioning the devil. Silly supersticous people, too bad manifestation was a real thing. As if beckoned by the thoughts of yearning the Alpha had produced when reminiscing of his past and current lovers, he inadvedently welcomed said devil into back into his life. Though he didn't know it, for him mere coincidence; to the universe so much more, maybe fate. 

Opening the large doors of the mansion's Foyer, a feminine figure walked through the door. The sun slowly coloring the sky with its early morning pink and orange hues. Wearing a black cowboy hat with a turquoise brooch and feathers, tight blue jeans, black heeled combat boots and white flowy shirt underneath her brown suede crop jacket with tassels; a young but mature woman stepped through the threshold with two large suitcases. Taking off the hat she would lean back some swaying her head back and forth as her long blonde waves fell to cascade down her back and shoulders. Looking around with crystal blue orbs, she noticed that there really wasn't anyone around.

Pulling out a worn piece of paper from the inner cap of her hat, she would walk back to see the number on the mail house outside. "Yeah this is the place. Where is everyone?" She would speak a bit perturbed at how little life was showing. It was worse than she had heard, the clan really was in decline. However, the scent of mating season was ripe and trickled into her nostrils. Potent and fresh it seems it came early, this was not exactly a welcome surprise for her but it was what it was. "Hello? Austin? Anybody?" She would close the door so not to let the early morning chill in.

Walking further inside with bag in tow she looked around, she had never been in the mansion before when she was here so long ago. Taking it all in she was awestruck by its size and grandeur. How long has it been, at least ten years. Would she be remembered? It was all up to chance but the odds were in her favor as she saw the large man on the stair case. "Well hey big guy! You miss me?" She said with a big grin on her face and hands on her hips. Damn he looked good and barely aged, lucky him. 

• Love 1

There was a push on the door and ot opened slowly, the thick oak wood was heavy but for a werewolf it was no problem. Violet and orange dawn light filtered through the crack of the now opened space, this caught the attention of Austin who was in the process of thinking abd pondering upon his past. Thoughts interrupted he started to wonder if a scout was coming back with internation or a warrior with a fresh elk. Instead walked a familiar scent, though the individual was lost, her scent was what he immediately recognized.  How long has it been? Ten years, ten long years, five before Austin took over the pack and begun his warring with the surrounding tribes.  It had been twelve since he lost Rachel, fifteen since he lost Amanda and officially joined Midnight. 

Immediately after further inspection the Alpha let loose a held breath, both shock and joy reaching to the back of his mind and pulling fond memories to the forefront. He stopped his leaning as realization had struck, immediately after she had called out to anyone, his name included, "Briganda?" 

Austin wanted so badly to run up to her and give the woman a bear hug, one of tge one's she thought was sweet and cuddly but in reality was a death grip. But that was then, this was now, she really had filled in and looked more mature now. But still looked as much as a daisy as ever. Immediately his heart kicked it into second gear but the Alpha had not acted upon it, instead started to calmly make his way down the steps. As he approached the woman Austin stopped just feet from her, inspecting the woman before. She was even more gorgeous than before, instincts told him to grab her but he fought against. 

"Briganda... Yeah- Yes, I missed you! Get over here!" Austin's tone was much like when he was talons to his Nephews, he grabbed the woman and gave her his signature death hugs as many called it, to her he remembered that she liked them. At least, that was before. 

• Love 1

Briganda? Who the hell was that? He forgot her name after all these years. It wasn’t even a nickname he used to use. Then again it had been a long time was that a pet name he used. Who the fuck cared! He was standing there all tall and damn did he get bigger? He was a tall drink of water and made her heart burn like a thousand suns. But he was probably mated already, she couldn’t interfere. His scent was so familiar even after all these years and held a few females on his skin but also freshly dug dirt. Vampires? What had he been up to? 

“old man did you forget my name? It’s Brigita you dunce. Haha All that muscle must have blocked some of those brain cells.” She chortled as she was so relieved to have seen him first. Yelping in surprise it was met with a strained giggle as she was pressed hard into that manly figure of his. He squeezed the very breath out of her and this was just orgasm inducing. She loved his strength. When they used it make love he would hug her similarly and just fuck. But this was when they were young and eager to try new things. His hugs told you that he loved you, that he cared and everything was okay and safe. It was worth being crushed every time. He always made sure her arms were free though as she was able to wrap her arms around his shoulder and embrace like they used to. A sigh of pure elation as emotions began to bubble to the surface. Her bottom lip quivered a moment before she sucked it up and would stay in his rugged hug for a few moments longer. 

When the moment seemed to be going long she would clear her throat and pat him on the back. “Jeez you act like I came back from the dead big guy. I’m alive I swear. I came as soon as I got the chance by the way.” She said as she wriggled some in his arms. Brigita reached in her back pocket with an envelope in Samaras hand writing. “Apparently on your behest your Beta has been reaching out to clans for assistance. There wasn’t many to spare but I volunteered. If you will have me of course.” She paused referring to her things. “I was hopeful and assumed you would let me stay and help.” Big blue eyes looked at his battle worn face, a hand cupping his cheek hoping for a positive response. 

• Love 1

When Brigita spoke Austin let go of her when the home got too long. That very hug brought up many memories of which he held onto,  unfortunately,  he also had to let go from this meeting turning awkward. He set the woman down who was now looking at him with those sky blue eyes, even without her saying anything it invoked a lot of emotion from the Alpha,  of course,that old name  "Briganda" was something pf tge part as well. When he first met the woman he couldn't remember her name at all, making them up until he finally got it right. But all of his emotions and memories were from the past, this was now

Austin took the invitation ahd looked ot over and sure enough it was Samara's handwriting.  Speaking of which, where was she? No matter, his focus should be on Brigita and not on other things, such as this. With a quiet hum Austin looked back to the blonde and said, "Indeed, the Ciris Plague wiped a lot of us out,  evervsince then we've had issues from Sun Hill and skirmished here and there. Luckily they haven't been around in the past year but the plague did a good number." 

It was bsvk to business as if Brigita had been here this whole time, "We can get all the help we could-" 

The Alpha had stopped talking while he was looking back at Samara's writing, he felt a hand cup the side of his jaw. Old memories, that's all they were he told himself, raw and old memories. Austin took the woman's hand and squeezed it gently like he had done many years ago, abd then there itcwas when he looked at her, the grisly expression around his eyes softened. Why did she have to do this? Coming back was fine but... This? He exhaled through his nostrils then took in a sharp inhale putting her hand down, whatever effect she had it worked lime a charm.  

"Well... We are certainly in need of..." A Luna he wanted to say, his tongue was about to give thar flick but he reverted that word,  instead opting for something else, "We could use another Beta. Samara is currently the Major, however we have one more space for another Minor. It's a role to fill and you'll have responsibilities which we can train you well. Unless you're wanting to gun for something else, twerp?" 

• Love 1

The worry that befell his face. It worried her greatly but it was understandable. His explanation made a lot of sense. This Ciris Plague only affected those of the night. Vampires could contract it too but it was very hard given their lifestyles. It even affected her clan, Moon Catchers. But they were swift thanks to the Alpha and Luna working hand in hand to quarantine and try to remedy the situation with their known medicines. It was a much bigger clan with more modernity than this one.

Moonlight was special, it was one of the oldest clans in the area and it was blessed with such a mansion it was the envy of others. However with numbers growing in some clans and the decline of this one many have been vying for this territory. Upon hearing this, we’ll mostly reading as her now deceased husband the Beta Minor of the clan at the time, had written down things in ledgers. She brought them with her as they were too dangerous in the wrong hands. It was archaic but because of the modernity it was the best way to keep secrets. Having nothing else to live for she felt to be in service of another would be best.

Looking to Austin a moment as he peeled her hand away from his cheek. She knew it comforted him. This made her happy to know that she still had that affect on him. It was comforting to know he still found her attractive after all this time; she certainly found him so. Her eyes widened in surprise as he offered her such a prestigious position. She felt honored but confused. Was it just because she popped in unannounced? “Oh umm well…” she was going to decline. She was going to pull away as her heart palpitations grew and ached. However when he called her twerp some strange fire burned within and she grinned. “Oh and an old fart like you couldn’t handle the clan without one? I’ll take on that challenge. I’m well versed in the subject so rest assured I’m a quick study!” She would say boastfully as she couldn’t help but be glamoured by him

“Oh Austin this is really amazing! I don’t know what to say. Thank you!? For giving me purpose again.” 

• Love 1

"Good, I figured I'd wanna see you lose to me again," Austin returned fire, grinning that shit eating grin that was a rare sight around Midnight, or Moonlight as it was an established name many ages ago, "But on a serious note, you've been to a more modern pack so it could help us greatly. You were knowledgeable before, but I offered you this position due to your intelligence and will, it's why I chose Samara as lead Beta when the time came. But there is some... Drama we'll get into later, for now I will show you to your room." 

Austin turned and allowed the womsnti follow him. Truthfully it was the only thing that made him happy once again, but he was also known for "spilling the tea" about the drama to Brigita. Something to talk about he guessed. Carefully he had to make sure his words weren't just spat out, instead he actually had to think now that the tiredness and hunger starts to settle in. Why now? Walking up the stairs and down the hall it looked as if they were headed toward the Alpha Wing. 

They were heading to the Alpha Wing,however just about ten feet from tge closed door did he stop at another door.  He opened it and turned the light on revealing an almost oriental look to it, in reality it was meant to be the original room for the Alpha until they realized it was too small. Entering,  Austin said, "I try to keep the Beta's near me, a lot easier to reach them that way."

• Love 1

Brigita couldn’t get enough of his smile, the genuine one he was giving now not the one he placates to appease the masses. She was always able to get him to smile and in turn so did she. It was like no time had passed at all even if their outward appearance changed. “Yes it has been more useful to say the least, but I still prefer paper to screens. Something about it feels more tangible.” listening to his explanation she would giggled some giving him that look of ‘Oh really?’.

Brow quirked hip cocked and a head bobbing with almost every word she was about to say. “She sounds interesting enough. I look forward to working with her. Seeing as how there is no damage I would assume she did her job. I don’t know how many wolves you have but from those outside things seem lively and full of mating pheromones.” though in the passed she would have blushed at the mere mention of it now it was so silly when it was the most natural thing for them to do besides hunting and being there for one another. She missed that kind of comradary. You can’t get that in more modern packs. Sure they probably had tech here but it wasn’t all consuming as nature was the much more appealing.

Drama? Oh how she couldn’t wait to have it read to her like the stories of old. Drama was the best kind of story, just ask the Greeks. As they lugged her baggage up those flights of imposing stairs they would be in the Beta Quarters. It was nice and very lavish in her opinion. The wooden details the stone everywhere, just beautiful architecture. “Phew! Thanks for helping me up here. More than happy to be close by to help in any way I can.” She said before finding herself on the less occupied bed. “So tell me about everything. What’s going on I know you are dying to tell me.” A cheeky grin appeared on her lips as she patted the side and the two reminisced the ready of the early morning.

(Continued in the Betas Chambers)

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Draven had made his way quickly to the Midnight Mansion and once there he stepped inside the foyer and finally sighed. He had spent the entire walk venting his frustration cursing about how every single blood drinker was pathetic for how they treated their own when a wolf was present.  It was about 2pm now as he looked around the mansion foyer and found a spot in the middle of the floor to sit down and wait for the first person to approach him. As he waited for someone to come he looked around him. Draven was not the type to just go wonder around someone else's home so he was waiting to meet Austin and talk about joining as he noticed that it was really quiet and really empty for a pack home. 

Edited by Rena-Amane

Alex would arrive with June catching a new scent his eyes narrowing a bit... He didn't like new scents and his walking would quicken and seeing Draven he growled now "Who are you?" he asked now wrapping his arm around June and pressing her close. He would soon smell that it was another wolf "Are you from another pack?" he asked him now "If not then why are you here?" he said now questioning the new person. He was one of the packs betas... he needed to see to every new wolf and he didn't know this wolf or why he was here. "What's your name?" he finally asked now as he looked over the new person almost shifting to make himself more threatening but no... it was potentially a new member to the pack he would be wrong to completely scare off someone

Draven slowly held his hands up as he stood up "My name is Draven Silverclaw, I am not from a pack as I have been traveling with Blaze Blackthorne for the last 15 years. I've come to ask the alpha about joining midnight pack as my friend will be taking up a permanent residence at the castle and we are offering to be message senders for the two sides."

June stayed close to Alex and even stood slightly behind him "Alex that might be useful, guaranteed delivery of messages without anything like what happened when Alicia sent that scary vampire here?"

Alex would listen to him raising an eyebrow rolling his eyes at the mention of vampires... he did not care about vampires... he had no issues with them personally but he would listen "Fair enough... I wouldn't wait right here in the foyer though" he said now gesturing to a spot where he could wait without bugging others soon listening to June "It would be but its ultimately not my place to decide who stays or who joins the pack" he said now before kissing Junes forhead  "What do you want to do now that our date is over?" he asked now nuzzling her gently