Memories and Things

Some of us might be newer fans, some of us may have started with the second, third or fourth generation or beyond. Maybe we started with the anime, the card game or a spinoff title. 

I personally know I was there when Ash met Pikachu. I was there for the very beginning of Pokémania, where you couldn't go literally anywhere without seeing Pokémon in some capacity. 

This is a thread where we look back at our memories of the franchise with fondness and share our experiences, old or new, or just share cool things about it such as links or images for events, etc.

Edited by Pixel

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing that Clefairy Says image reminded me of a moment from when I played through Stadium 1.  Several years ago, on a whim and to test my OBS settings, I did a stream of Stadium 1 where I tried to run through Petit Cup.  For context, Petit Cup is basically the predecessor of Little Cup in Stadium 2, where all mons can be from Level 25 to 30, but all rental Pokemon are only Level 25.  Only unevolved Pokemon are allowed.

Anyway, I got to the final battle and nearly lost, then completely gave up hope because all I had left was Horsea against the Pokemanic's Psyduck and Sandshrew.  Sure, I could one shot the Sandshrew, but rental Horsea only has Bubblebeam and Ice Beam for offensive moves, both things that Psyduck resists.  In the end, however, Horsea carried the team to victory out of the jaws of despair.

Fast forward several years, where once again, I find myself in a final Petit Cup battle where all hope nearly seems lost.  This time, however, it was because I misclicked and sent out my Sandshrew on the Pokemanic's Level 30 Dratini instead of Gastly, like I intended to.  Sandshrew got crit by Ice Beam, and I was losing hope fast because he had Sandshrew in the back, and I knew it had Earthquake and could one shot me.  To win, I had to rely entirely on pure luck with confusion and Night Shade.  On that day, the stars alligned and Dratini hit itself every turn when it tried to use Thunder Wave and Sandshrew hit itself every turn it tried to use Earthquake.  Nidoran M was a joke because three of his moves couldn't hit and Poison Sting literally did 1 HP.  Gastly carried the team on his back, just like Kadabra, Gengar, and Starmie do just about everywhere else in Stadium 1 with rentals only.

• Woohoo 1

• 1 month later...
  • Pixel changed the title to Memories and Things