Team Building

It really seems like everyone is trying to copy the teams that Wolfey has been using 🤣

There is one constant though and that appears to be Murkrow. He's just too good with setup and counters too many things. I never thought that I would see the day that Murkrow is the Pokémon who is too useful to not use.

Personally, I'm a little late in this season getting a team together, life has been really busy for me with therapy, family events, holiday shiz, looking after my kid and dealing with things with his mother. 

It seems like some Mon are better this format than others, but the teams I've seen success with are VERY varied and that makes it so much fun to think about.

• 4 weeks later...

A small list of really dumb (maybe) singles teambuilding ideas.

-Choice Specs Max Special Attack and Speed Clawitzer.  Very slow, but with Tera Dragon and Mega Launcher can wipe out a good number of common threats, but loses hard to Tera Fairy Skeledirge, who's running around everywhere.

-Revaroom learns Self-Destruct via egg move.  Slap on a Normal Gem and have fun.  Personally, I made myself a Tera Fire Choice Scarf Revaroom with Tera Blast.  It's currently untested, however.

-Tera Rock Rocky Payload Bombirdier.  Big Rock type damage.  Also learns Knock Off unlike Weavile.  Press F for Weavile.

-Flamigo can hit Ghost types because Scrappy, has access to Close Combat, and base 90 Speed isn't too awful.  Embrace the ace of best character Larry.

-Tera Flying Reckless Staraptor Choice Band nuke.  I need not say more.

-Frosmoth is Volcarona at home with worse stats, no Sleep Powder like Venomoth, no Fiery Dance like Volcarona, but if you really want to use it...it exists, I guess.

Also Dondozo and Unaware Clodsire can both go straight to the Distortion World and live there with Giratina.

08b0b21972594e8bc9cda453d6f71e665e9c5c8e

One of the cool things about this gen is that is seems like there's actually a lot of variety in the teams that are built, it's not just the same team vs the same team with one or two interchangeables depending on preference.

Why not hop onto online play and try it? Best way to test it is to test it. I missed all of ranked season one because busy AF but I hope to play some of s2 when I have a team put together. 

2 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Why not hop onto online play and try it?

Because I am exceptionally lazy.  That and I've been doing speedrun practice for a different RPG.

3 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I missed all of ranked season one because busy AF but I hope to play some of s2 when I have a team put together.

You have about 16 days left to make the climb to Master Ball.  The last day for S2 is the 31st.

3 minutes ago, Pixel said:

One of the cool things about this gen is that is seems like there's actually a lot of variety in the teams that are built, it's not just the same team vs the same team with one or two interchangeables depending on preference.

In singles, maybe.  From what I've seen of doubles, you see lots of Indeedee + Armarouge and Tatsugiri + Dondozo teams running around with a side of Farigarif Trick Room with Tera Fire Eruption Torkoal.  That's not to say everyone's running those teams.  Look at SaltyDolphin with his Wide Guard Avalugg team.  But yeah, the meta's still in a bit of a wild west state even with some tera types being predictable like Dragonite and sometimes Gholdengo.  Skeledirge basically always runs Fairy now with the rare Fire tera while Hydregion is usually Steel to nuke things with Flash Cannon.  From what I've seen, doubles Hydregion likes Fire tera for boosted Heat Waves.