Open Brave New World

Kayla's jaw drops, "Wait. She's THAT Yin!?" Kayla understood, in a clearly academic sense, that she was considered one of the rising stars in the field. But Yin was someone she considered to be a living legend. Whoever was really funding this shit-show, whatever their goals, it had to be important, or worth a lot of money, to bring in these heavy hitters. It takes her a moment before she had processed the rest of Theo had said. Wait, she thinks, is he hitting on me. Kayla feels the heat rising in her cheeks as she blushed. Most people saw her has some sexless lab rat, and isn't used to the attention or sure he is actually flirting. She is supremely confident in her element, but this is not it. She flashes a smile back "I have few tricks up my sleeves." She hopes she is doing this right.

Sir huh? That felt rather nice to be called that...Wilson quickly shook it out of his system as they both got closer and closer to the tree, feeling how the air became more tense...and heavier as well. However, he was quick to notice that the heavy air was not just his own tension...it was the air itself that was starting to feel heavier. He felt a huge weight on his shoulder, forcing him to bend over a bit as he walked, and it was starting to become a bit harder to breathe. Before advancing, he checked his barometer, packed with prior knowledge of interstellar travel. It read 3atm, 3 times the atmospheric pressure on Earth. No wonder he felt so heavy. "Ngh...Natalie we may need to turn back for now...the pressure's increasing, and I don't know if it'll get heavier, or what's causing it."

(Theo) 

"Yeah she'll that Yin. I was shocked when I found out. She isn't anything like you'd expect or at least like I expected" Theo would shift slightly as he leaned in a little close and begin to whisper quietly "I think they sent her in some kind of geothermal device, we've got a lot of equipment for deep mantel boring I can't think of any other reason we'd bring that kind of tech." He pull back looking at her face, despite the running of her make-up he could still see where it had been, how it would accent her eyes. The plumpness of her flush checks it was adorable. He would pull himself back his own face a new tinge of red. "Yeah, uhm I bet you do. I hope to see up your sleeves" Theo would stutter out. What the fuck was he doing? This wasn't the time or the place for casual flirting. "I uhm that came out weird I'm sorry. I know you'll do fantastic." He force an awkward smile and reach out a hand to shake hers.

(Natalie)

Natalie would be taking slow labored breaths in an attempt to combat the weight pushing down on her. She held her posture straight as she would continue to sweep the area around him. Movement, quick decisive and coming towards Wilson. "Hurry, something is coming" nearly as soon as the words would leave her mouth a large beast clade it what looked thick tree bark would move into the clearing. With a loud crack a bolt of energy would split through air rushing past Wilson, a spent cartridge would clatter on the rocks beneath their feet. The shot, struck cleanly on the beasts leg and seemed to have little effect, only slowing down. "Sir, I'll cover you. Retreat back to the base, infrom Hendrick of hostile fona" the sound of her energy rifle clambering another cartridge. She'd take a few steps back to find cover as the creature continued pursuing them. Natalie was not only out of her combat element but also her very environmental. He labored breaths made lining up a shot this close even harder. 

Kayla chuckled awkwardly, usually that level of smooth move was left to her. She took his hand, glad that the suits gloves held the clamminess which exposed her feelings, just as much as the subtle way she couldn't bring her self to look directly at Theo. Partly because she wasn't used to the amorous attention, partly because she knew she was going to have be the assertive one here. It was silly, she knew. Kayla was willing to go off, light years away from home, risk exploring this unknown world but it was this simple interaction, something billions of people did everyday, which left her flustered.

"That would be nice" her words stumbled out "Maybe over drinks ..." 

If Captain Ahab doesn't get us all killed chasing a white whale, she thought, though dare not utter the words alive.

"Huh?" Wilson looked briefly behind him, realizing what was coming straight towards them. Eyes widening, he started bolting in the other direction, as fast as the added pressure allowed him to. He didn't think on looking back until he heard Natalie's orders. He wasn't going to let that happen! He swerved his pack to the front of his body, desperately searching for what he was looking for. Eventually, his hand found what he wanted: a flare. He pulled it out, and aimed it straight for the beast's eyes. He was not expecting to do any damage, but at least to blind it briefly, so he took aim, and fired right in the beasts left eye. Once that was done he hurled the spent flare gun to the right of the beast, hoping to add another level of distraction, and pulling Natalie by the arm, starts dragging her with him as fast as he could.