An Angel Loses Her Wings (SataiRolePlayingGuy x AirAllie14)

Anahel nodded at the girl saying, “yes, I have brought her here to help out a little.” She then approached the girl and leaned in whispering a little, “her life was changed drastically like the Vanorian soldiers, much like yours but in a different way, I’m hoping helping here could be a good way to help her remember who she was and who she used to be.”

• Love 1

The girl could tell.  She did not know the whole process, but she knew what the girl was made into.  Like so many other girls here.  Then only difference was her master had been one of the soldiers here, so she was not taken away.  She looked at the slave, who looked up with a small.  “Do not pity me, the Angel killed my master, I belong to her now,  She is a kind mistress, but I do not regret what I am.”  

The other girl kind of expected that, heard what slaves were like when the process was done.  They experienced some of the same things, she did not understand how so many girls could end up like this.  “…Thank you for trying to help, holy one…Mirina is her name…I have to be more prepared to talk to her the way she is.  For now take her feed the animals.  Probably milk the cows as well.”  It was hard to handle talking to a slave who was happy to be one, while she was carrying a half-Vanorian child she had not asked for.

• Love 1

Mirina obeyed, as she always did.  She did not think this would accomplish anything, but that did not matter.  If Anahel wanted her to do this, she would do it.  Though she gave the angel an odd sight first walking up to one the cows, placing her hand on the leg.  Next to it's brand.  Quietly admiring it.  She had one too, of course.  Her master had put her in an outfit that showed it off.  Made her proud to show off she belonged to him.  The simple dress the priest had changed her into now covered it.  But then her old master was dead anyway.  If anything she actually wanted Anahel to put her own mark on her.  Sure, it hurt badly at first.  But it was worth it, to show who owned her.  She did not know if her mistress understood why she was appreciating it.  But it did not matter.  She would not be looking at it much longer, until getting to what she considered her orders.

• Love 1

Anahel looked at the girl, watching as she got down and stared at the mark on the cow. Anahel could tell that she had one as well. She could tell that she felt some relatability with the cow. She wondered if Mirina would mind if she healed her brand? Anyways she then watched as the girl got up and went about with the duties, watching closely to what she did to learn.

• Love 1

Did the angel actually want to know how to do these things for herself?  Mirina found it strange an angel would care about such things.  But it was not her business really.  She fell back into old reflexes.  Mixing the old life with the new.  Taking care to feed each animal the right amount of the right sort of each food, because she had been told too.  Making sure each was healthy, unhurt, had already been getting enough food.  She did identify with all of them to varying degrees.  She shared a role similar to them now.  The biggest difference was she would not be slaughtered for food, as some of the animals were.  The Vanorians had not gone that far yet.  A master who did that would likely be severely punished, executed probably.

There was a decent mix of animals, but the numbers were small.  Some probably lost in the invasion or post invasion looting, just like the fields.  She then grabbed a pail, bent down and began milking the cow.  A little more kinship there, felt with the milking and what it made her think of.  Slaves were rarely used specifically for breeding, though with all the sex, it was common for them to have their master's children.  Mirina believed she had lost her master before that could happen, Anahel could not do that either.  Though she hoped Aanhel eventually saw her value as a slave, that she could please her just like her old master.

• Love 1

Anahel followed the girl around and watched as she got the chores on. She watched closely to follow along with what she was doing as well as to pick up some of it. She smiled as she saw Anahel moving and remembering how she used to act and do these things back with her normal life. It was a reassuring sight.

• Love 1

Mirina had not really forgotten.  Though she considered it an old life.  She was not going to be doing it long term, unless the angel started her own farm.  She did not see that happening though.  This angel was supposedly going to lead Prince Maxim in war against Vanoria, to regain his kingdom.  Bring all the other slaves they could find back home.  She wondered how that would turn out.  They would end up with a kingdom where nearly every woman was a slave.  In theory the children would not be, but could the prince stop society from changing in the years of the women being mostly slaves, or would the people accept that as reality?  She did not see a way to convince her this life was wrong, to try to do it with so many.  She would not stop her mistress from trying, but she would also not stop trying to convince the angel to accept her as a slave.

Having finished with the cow, she stood up, head down, not looking her in the eye.  "The work here is done, mistress."  She waited for new orders.

• Love 1

Anahel smiled and nodded her head saying, “excellent work. You did great. I expected this from you but still it was exceptional. Come on, let’s go see what else we can do around here,” she smiled and then said , “oh by the way Mirina. Do not call me mistress. I told you before, I am not your mistress nor are you my slave,” she knew it would still be a while before Mirina could except this and so she just sighed, “just call me Anahel.”

• Love 1

Mirina was happy for the approval, but that last request was difficult.  A slave could not just call her mistress by her name.  Even other humans, the prince included, had difficulty doing that.  Though they referred to her in ways of respect, towards an Angel.  “I must belong to someone.”  She insisted, almost with neediness.  The idea of living her own life was almost alien to her now.  She almost wanted to beg against being abandoned, but she did not dare.  Didn’t she understand?  Mirina needed this right now.  She was getting more desperate to try to think of ways to get the Angel to agree she was her slave.  But for now, she just obeyed, following Anahel.  Probably to find the other girl and see what she wanted.

• Love 1

They found the other girl working the fields, trying to plant new seeds and restore what the invaders cut down.  It was not something she had done much previously.  But unless she found a husband, she was alone now and had to do as much as she could before her pregnancy developed too far to do it herself.  She saw the other two come, unfortunately she knew the slave was as inexperienced as her in this area.  Both were used to the men of the farms doing this part previously.  “The field needs new seeds planted.  The sooner the better.  Unfortunately this is my first time doing this, so watching me to learn might not be the best.”

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mirina did not really know much about this, but she did as instructed.  Following behind the other girl as she dug up the fields, leaving seeds behind as they went and burying them.  There were not enough tools left for all three to do the same.  Some had been lost or destroyed in the looting.  The other girl was fine with this set up though, it was still faster than doing it by herself.

• Love 1

Mirina was just happy to have something her new mistress wanted her to do.  Still hoping Anahel would eventually appreciate her as her slave.  The fact that it was related to her old life so far was not having much effect on her.  But it was something that made her less productive and less able to try to convince Anahel or the other girls of the value of slavery.  

Other farms could use the help too of course.  Even with the depleted population, the people certainly still needed food.  Few farms had enough people left, some might have even been abandoned…the other girl figured those abandoned ones was likely the one Mirina’s family had worked.

• Love 1

It was like Anahel's god told her.  There was no quick or easy solution here.  It was not impossible she might do something that would eventually help, but she probably could not expect to see visible progress today.  The other girl had some idea what Anahel was trying to do, figured if anyone could do it, the angel probably could.  Hopefully could.  She did not really know what to do either.  She only had the one idea, and did not know it would help.  After digging up another row of the fields, she walked over to Anahel, trying to speak to softly for Mirina to hear.  "I am grateful for the help.  If your hope is to heal what happened to her though, the only thing I can think I can think of is to take her back home.  I can show the way, though I don't know if it actually will help or not."  After what that girl had been though, what so many others had been through, she hoped there was a way to fix them, but she had no idea what it might be.

• Love 1

Anahel smiled at the girl and was happy to help her out. She then nodded along as the girl spoke and mentioned taking Mirina back home. “Oh, that’s a great idea! Yeah that could possibly work. Lead the way.” She thought that this idea did possibly have a chance of working and she would take any chances.

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 1

When the other two started walking away, Mirina naturally followed Anahel.  She not sure at first where they were going.  Maybe to one of the neighboring farms.  But then they kept going, it was not too much longer before she figured it out.  That familiar empty house and surrounding fields.  The farm was clearly empty, unoccupied since the invasion.  There was no sign of human or animal life.  The fields as stripped as the other.

The other girl led them inside, the door already left open.  As it was the day they took Mirina to be a slave.  A lot of had been inside was gone, though there were somethings left, the table, some of the chairs.  She still saw her bed in the corner.  She silently observed the surroundings, not showing any visible reaction.  The other girl doubted something so simple could break the old Mirina out, but maybe it would help a little.

• Love 1

It was familiar of course.  Mirina remembered her old life.  She remembered living her and everything that happened, but that almost felt like a different person.  The other girl looked between them, she was not hoping for much progress, and hoped the Angel did not get too disappointed if there wasn’t any.

The bigger problem was Mirina was not currently capable of living on her own.  She needed a master or mistress.  Her family was gone too.  There was no one like the priest her to help her, when she went dead eyed again.  “I could, if you live with me, mistress.”  The other girl turned to Anahel, with a hopeful, that she did not get frustrated or impatient with the slave.  Mirina was reacting the only way she knew how to think right now.

• Love 1

Anahel looked at Mirina as she said this. She thought about this. She didn’t want to do it however she them got an idea. Maybe her living with Mirina could be beneficial. She could live with her and get her used to living at this house once more and then once she was comfortable enough she could leave.

”Sure,” the Angel replied.

• Love 1

That caught the other girl off guard.  She did not know how long Anahel and Prince Maxim intended to stay in town.  But maybe it would be long enough to help.  Of course Mirina wanted to live here as slave and mistress, but maybe this would help change that.  “Is there anything I should get for you two?”  She asked the Angel.  Not knowing how much, if anything Anahel needed, though some things would be needed for Mirina at least.

• Love 1