An Angel Loses Her Wings (SataiRolePlayingGuy x AirAllie14)

Anahel nodded and said, “yes, that is correct… I would have left the second I helped you free your kingdom but… it appears that god has other intentions, letting me stay here for a little while longer. I suppose I will stay for as long as I am needed or for as long as I am allowed.”

• Love 1

Maxim would welcome her help as long as it was available.  The kingdom would be fragile after it was restored.  “It will takes years to rebuild the kingdom to how it was before the war.  It may not even be accomplished in my lifetime.  Especially with how hard it may be to heal all the women mentally.  Hopefully it will be strong enough to stand on its own after you leave.  Though taking the war to Vanoria is part of that.  With their power weakened, it will be easier to rebuild.”  Even after all the land was recovered though.  There might be a period where Anahel’s presence was the only thing securing independence.

• Love 1

They had continued to go down the streets, most of the buildings having varying degrees of damage.  The immediate was finding a building to use as shelter for the older woman and those like her.  Or a place to build such a building.  “I suppose you will be here at least for my coronation.  I intend to take the crown when I regain the family castle, before taking the war to Vanoria.  Maybe you will be there for my wedding too.”  He was royalty after all.  He had to consider that sooner or later.  Once his kingdom was restored and word got out of the divine support, he would have no problem finding ladies and princesses willing to marry him.  More so after he fought Vanoria.  But he did not want to rush to pick one.

• Love 1

Anahel spotted the shelter and made note to visit it every chance she had. She would be able to help in some ways. She would make food for the women or provide whatever they needed with her powers. She then looked over at Maxim and nodded, perhaps I will physically be there,” she told him and then looked up, “though if I wasn’t here physically, I would still be looking down at you from above,” she said with a smile.

• Love 1

With that settled, the two of them went back to surveying the surroundings.  “That should help people like the woman.  If she is willing, hopefully she will find someone new to support her.  If the cities population was not so imbalanced, so few women, I’d possibly inclined to try to stage some even to help survivors marry again.”  The older women, the young girl, pregnant with a Vanorian child, he slave girl.  All the women that were left seemed to need significant,  any others were probably similar to at least one of them

• Love 1

“…Do you want to see the slave again?  Or see someone else?”  Maxim cautiously asked as he followed her back into the temple.  While he was hopeful Anahel could save her, he was cautious of putting too much strain on Anahel. She was probably the one who needed it most though.  The question was if even Anahel could reach through to her.

• Love 1

“I would like someone else for now.. I will see the slave girl again… just not now… I feel I will have to meet with her everyday and that these meetings will have to be more private and when I am the most free though… I would appreciate it if you or the priest or both of you were still there just not.. in the room, it made make the girl feel more comfortable if it were just me with her. I have to think about how I can get through to her more. I hope god will show me how…”

• Love 1

Maxi nodded.  “I will check with the priest and other survivors too. See if anyone else does know her name.”  He walked to the other room to go over that with the priest and make arrangements for other girls to show up.  The next one was different.  Blindfolded, limping, with scars on her back from limps.  The priest guided her, for reasons that were soon clear.  “…This one fought back when the soldiers forced themselves on her…you see how they punished her.  Let me know when you two are done, I will help her back out.”  He turned and left to give them privacy.

• Love 1

The girl was silent for a second.  She was completely blind.  Probably for life.  It was uncertain if her leg would heal enough to walk properly again.  Then there was the scars.  Still, she felt an aura of sorts, believed she really was in an angel’s presence.  “It did not stop them for long.  I will never be the same again.”  Granted she did still have a little pride in her fight.  And it was probably better than being a slave.  But it was hard to believe it was worth the cost.

• Love 1

Anahel looked at the woman and nodded, “you were extremely brave and for that, you will be the same again.” Anahel then leaned forward and kissed the girl on the forehead. As she did this, a golden aura seemed to move along the girl’s body, healing her wounds. It didn’t take long at all, the aura soon vanishing. Anahel then reached up removed the girl’s blindfold and spoke, “open your eyes.”

• Love 1

The girl felt a strange feeling as the angel kissed her forehead.  A sort of warmth throughout her body, but most intense in the wounded/broken areas. Was it actually what it seemed to be?  Her leg seemed to feel like the other one, significantly recovered.  When the blindfold came off and she dared open her eyes again.  Seeing that angelic figure, seeing at all, flooded her eyes with tears.  She dropped to floor crying out of happiness and gratitude.  She had experienced a genuine miracle.  "Thank you!  Thank you so much!"  She was one whose faith in the divine had been completely restored, intensified even.  A life changing event, it was hard too say exactly how it would change, but she was unlikely to ever question her faith again.

• Love 1

The woman eventually rose to her feet.  “I will never forget this.”  She quickly walked out the room, catching the priest by surprise as he heard her story.  She at least would be a voice of some hope for the people and another reason of gratitude for the angel that saved them from the enemy armies.  That she had both great destructive and healing power.

The next woman was one who needed to see that, the basic problem was still the same.  A woman who simply found it hard to believe, either on gods, or to live.  She stepped looked upon the angel, with some surprise, but still uncertainty.  After the battle and watching what the Vanorians did, she was more sure there were no gods, or higher powers.  But there appeared to be an actual angel in front of her.

• Love 1

The woman looked at Anahel with some uncertainty.  Not quite ready to introduce herself,  “I would say it is hard to believe that any gods out there exist, or that it is hard to think they care about us if they do.  I guess you are here to try to prove otherwise.  Thought it would have been nice if you came sooner.”  She was still wrestling with skepticism, when she saw the beams of light, she wondered at first if it was just an exceptionally powerful mage.  Though that seemed beyond even the power of mages.  Now though, she was looking upon what appeared to be an actual angel.  “Was this supposed to be part of some great plan?”  She would have wondered if they were being punished.  But if that was the case, Anahel would be assisting the Vanorians she guessed.

• Love 1

Anahel simply smiled and said, “yes, I am proof. God does exist and he sent me to help and free you all. As for why he didn’t send me sooner… that I cannot answer because I don’t know the answer… as for why you were attacked… I do not know that either… but I am here now, to help.”

• Love 1

God, not gods.  The woman was the first to really dwell on that distinction.  Perhaps not the first to notice it, but the first to really think about it.  “…Is that what this is about?”  She mumbled to herself.  Was there some big revelation here?  Was she some sort of prophet in addition to an angel?  Or was it a misunderstanding?  “We worship many gods.  Are you claiming there is only one?  Or maybe you just serve one specific one?”  Was that it?  Was she just a vassal or agent of one of many gods?  Was she trying to claim there was only one?  Or maybe she just considered one to be above the others.

• Love 1

This left the woman confused.  While she did not believe the angel was lying, she wondered whether what she said was true or if she was just unaware of others.  But maybe that was the answer to all of this.  Vanoria worshipped the same gods more or less.  But what if it was allowed to reach this point for Anahel to be sent as the one to reveal the truth, if it was the truth.

”We always have.  There is a god for every aspect of life.  At least there is supposed to be.  Other kingdoms even have their own gods.”  She felt like she was explaining something every child knew, but this angel believed in something completely different.  An angel should have a better idea of the truth…right?  Having so little faith before though, she was at least willing to consider what she said might be true.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded along, “interesting…” she said and wondered over to the window and looked through it and up at the sky, “I will have to ask my god about this when I return… I had no idea of this…” she said wondered why that was so. Was it her for who made her think that he was the only one and only? Was it right to accept this like she was doing?

• Love 1

The woman saw that same skepticism in Anahel’s eyes.  She had to make something clear before any hope they had was lost.  “I don’t know which god you serve, or why he would not mention the others.  But do not doubt what you did was wrong.  You saw what Vanoria did to us.  To our people, especially our women.  You saved this town, but the rest of our kingdom needs that help.  Prince Maxim cannot win without you.  I have gratitude in your god and will offer him my gratitude just for that.  For doing what doing what none of the others would.”  Anahel and her god apparently needed a to have a talk of sorts.  But there was no doubt Anahel was doing something right.

• Love 1