Starting Over: Exiled from the Hero's Party (Moon Hound Hati x Mini Magi)

Spoiler

large.577456022_Mage-Kopie.png.9f8021b9b

liahdnX.png

"What an odd situation indeed." Komyo certainly hadn't expected to hear such a story today. Earlier, he was simply on his way to the castle to take care of some minor business, when he ran into one of the hero party's members, looking a bit... down. While he wasn't sure with what miracle he managed to invite him to some food and drink in this tavern, he certainly appreciated this opportunity. The meal was on him of course. It probably helped that the party knew Komyo from a quest they had taken earlier, but for now, back to the present.

Now that Komyo knew what happened to make him look so defeated, he understood to a certain degree. "Pardon the question, but do you have any specific plans? If not, I would like to ask for your assistance specifically." Expelled or not, this was a member from the hero's party. To say that Komyo had need for someone in this unique position was a severe understatement. The usually lofty mage had a goal now, and with it, focus. This HAD to work out.

Edited by Mini Magi
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

spacer.png

“Hah?” Jun looked up from his plate, having been shuffling a lone green pea around on the plate for the last couple of minutes, lost in thought and only just registering what the familiar mage had asked him. Having been kicked out of the hero’s party had left him in quite an emotionally distraught state. As per traditions of his warrior-nomad clan, he was now considered disgraced and could thus no longer return home – unless his honour was restored via a duel against the hero, but was currently an impossibility.

He shook his head. “Not… really?” Pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts, he carried on, “I cannot return to my tribe, so I was thinking of just… surviving out in the wilds, in solitude.” That was the way of his people. Running around in a city like this was too crowded and confined for his tastes, anyway. Too much stone and people packed on top of each other, like a beehive, constant buzzing about.

“What do you need me to do?” he then asked, tilting his head slightly, curious about what Komyo wanted him to do, but reserving himself the right to refuse.

• Woohoo 1

Komyo listened attentively to Jun's response, his eyes filled with empathy. He understood the desire for solitude and the need to find a place of solace after such a distressing experience. However, Komyo couldn't let this opportunity slip away. He had a plan, and Jun's unique position could be a valuable asset.

With a calm and reassuring tone, Komyo spoke, "I understand your inclination towards solitude, Jun, but what if I could offer you a way to not only survive but thrive in the wilds? You see, I have been working on a new tool called the Earthmate. It's a magical creation that can transform into any tool you desire, as long as it pertains to crafting, processing resources, or working the land."

Komyo's eyes sparkled with anticipation as he continued, "Imagine the Earthmate shaping itself into a sturdy axe for woodcutting, a pickaxe for mining, or even a plow for tilling the earth. With this versatile tool, you could construct your own shelter, gather provisions, and shape the world around you as you desire. It would make your solitary life more fruitful and efficient."

Leaning closer, Komyo's voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper, "And since nothing in this world is for free, here is the catch: As it is now, the Earthmate is not what I want it to be just yet. It has untapped potential. I am also curious what you would do with it, and hence, will visit you in the future. Both, to check on the Earthmate, and to make sure I have not given it into the wrong hands. The current you, surely understands that."

Komyo paused, allowing his words to sink in. He knew he had presented Jun with an intriguing opportunity, but he also respected his right to refuse. With a gentle smile, Komyo concluded, "So, Jun, what do you say? Will you consider becoming my trusted tester, and helo me unlock the full potential of the Earthmate?"

• Woohoo 1