Gta V Online

So Jio noticed there wasn't a Gta V thread already and I was curious whether anyone played? If not then what are your thoughts on the game?

Personally Jio loves the game... it's very addictive

They haven't released pc yet? I thought they were supposed to release that in January?

• Community Administrator

It got pushed back to March, something about it needing more polish or something. When it first appeared on Steam (rather when it first got a release date) it was going to be released in 'Fall' 2014. It was then pushed back to January, then March. So it's been pushed back three times (Not two, like some sites are claiming). It's disappointing that PC users are getting shat all over (once again) but I got Elite: Dangerous to play which to be honest - I can keep playing until GTA5 is on some kind of sale. Because I doubt I will be paying full price for that.

I am however happy that Rockstar didn't listen to the wankers that petitioned Rockstar "Not to release GTA5 on PC"... However their pushing back makes little to no sense to me, as the updates they want to make to the "Next Gen" version could have been released as updates over Steam. But then I don't know how these things work and I'm sure someone is going to tell me why I'm wrong and why I need to stop whining. xD

• Community Administrator

Well, from what I have heard, the main reason why they have kept pushing it back is because they don't want the release to be the same farce as GTA IV was when that came to the PC. When that was ported, they didn't smooth out the bugs that were a result of it and they got a huge backlash for it. So apparantly they've pushed the release of GTA V back, because they want to make it as bug free as possible. Which is an understandable reason to hold back on the release a little, but I can't imagine many people will be happy if it did release with game-breaking bugs.

I guess it's a case of waiting and seeing.

Archived