Theories on Time Travel and the Morphogenic Field

I've recently become somewhat obsessed over time travel and such, only immediately recently since my hype and span of attention only really focus on few things at a time.

But what are your thoughts on time travel, most of us know the basic laws of the art, we've played the games, watched the shows, and read the books.

Basic rules apply, first and foremost, no paradoxes. You can't be in the same time with yourself immediately, doesn't matter how great your distance is from yourself.

Also parallel dimensions are an ok, but this is usually due to a change in history.

• Community Administrator

I've recently become somewhat obsessed over time travel and such, only immediately recently since my hype and span of attention only really focus on few things at a time.

But what are your thoughts on time travel, most of us know the basic laws of the art, we've played the games, watched the shows, and read the books.

Basic rules apply, first and foremost, no paradoxes. You can't be in the same time with yourself immediately, doesn't matter how great your distance is from yourself.

Also parallel dimensions are an ok, but this is usually due to a change in history.

There are many theories of time travel some with paradoxes; others without. It's something I work on a lot with the RPing, but something that I've been interested in for a long time. To say I somewhat disagree with your theory would be an understatement; but to say my theory is absolute and correct would be an outright lie. I expressly disagree with is "You can't be in the same time with yourself immediately, doesn't matter how great your distance is from yourself." Because there is no reason why you can't. Although this is a problem from Alternative Universe hopping. The beauty of all of this is that they're just theories and it's fun talking about them. :)

To change history I feel you're referring to Alternate Timelines (Where Hitler won WW2 for example, or Great Britain won against the American Revolution, etc). Granted someone could go back in time to let the Nazi's win, but it's likely if that happened, someone else went back in time to either make them lose, or to kill the person that allowed them to win, making everything back to normal again it's another example of if it was changed then we're already living it, thing and history remembers it as it is, if that makes sense. Parallel Dimensions as far I understand it is different to this and indeed is also different to Parallel Universes. I'm going to use Stargate to try and explain my view on these (and the best series SG1) Parallel Dimensions would consist of something like this [Stargate SG1 - Sight Unseen and Stargate SG1 - Interdimensional Visibility Device] and then Parallel Universes are where alternate versions of yourself exist; like [Stargate SG1 - Point of View] In which meeting yourself has some serious consequences [Entropic Cascade Failure] which is where I would agree with your statement about meeting yourself isn't advisable. 

As I said I'm more of the Sci-Fi end rather than reality or scientifically proven. But I do love talking about Time Travel. It's possible that someone might reply and say I'm talking shit, or strongly disagree with me but until anyone actually does any experiments on it; we'll never know for sure. I certainly would love to see other theories. There are some wild and some really good documentaries on the subject on YouTube; https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Documentary+Timealthough it's a case of wading through pseudoscience and being highly skeptical of videos that claim "THE TRUTH ABOUT TIME TRAVEL" or "WHAT THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!!!!1!" and stuff like that.  

Never thought about it that way. But I was leaning more on the scientifically proven, to which Id say its impossible to prove time travel. I was leaning more on the idea proposed in the Zero Escape series where Time Travel used events in theory of Shrodinger's Cat, the morphogenic field which psychics and espers manipulate, and building up energy to cast ones mind among the loops of time to achieve goals and create alternate timelines.

I was more curious to see if said events could be real, but I doubt few have thought of the concepts and high power espers are apparently very hard to find as well.

With that theory paradoxes are removed because ones mind is simply swapping places with itself over time.

• Community Administrator

Never thought about it that way. But I was leaning more on the scientifically proven, to which Id say its impossible to prove time travel. I was leaning more on the idea proposed in the Zero Escape series where Time Travel used events in theory of Shrodinger's Cat, the morphogenic field which psychics and espers manipulate, and building up energy to cast ones mind among the loops of time to achieve goals and create alternate timelines.

I was more curious to see if said events could be real, but I doubt few have thought of the concepts and high power espers are apparently very hard to find as well.

With that theory paradoxes are removed because ones mind is simply swapping places with itself over time.

Interesting. On the more scientifically proven it's possible to time travel forwards - not backwards. The example I gave of the Blackhole is why time is faster for satellites in orbit of Earth (Because the faster you go - you travel in the future) and it's why GPS satellites require some kind of temporal compensation. If there was a train that went around the equator of Earth and you put people in it for a year; and the train went closer and closer to the speed of light they'd come out 10 years later to everyone else. Of course that is highly theoretical but proven scientifically. The effects of the Blackhole are similar but because the gravities aren't anywhere near the same the effect is no where near the same. With current technology and speeds that trains can go up to I'd be very surprised if anyone would travel 1 second into the future over the year. 

Unfortunately I have no idea what a Morphogenetic Field is; sounds like something that can "Morph" or "Change/Alter" Genetics in someway, I certainly don't believe "Psychic" abilities is a thing, but then I could be wrong.

Off topic; I am genuinely and delightfully surprised to see that this is even a subject of discussion on EcchiDreams. :)

True, but returning to the past is a feat humanity longs for, there's quite a bit unanswered questions still lingering and these parallels are quite fun to see. Future time travel isn't hard, its going back and altering how it came out.

Morphogenics is the idea name the game Zero Escape gave that all surrounding force that one can tap with their minds. Espers are just a way of saying someone with higher power over the mind, they can see alternatives that have happened when an isolated incident has several options. Like predicting the weather or if a terrorist decided to strike. Its not always accurate but that's because of several variables. Say there's 100 bikers going down a highway and pass a junction, they pass up the junction and continue down the road but then run into a crash that kills 90 of the 100 bikers, now the last 10 ride on until one biker is sent back in time, this time he witnesses them take the junction and all of them make it out safely. The unpredictable variables are what they'll run into on either directions they go, two more possibilities have the endings swapped on the roads, but what would we have known? In the end, two endings the bikers are cut down to ten and have to live with it for all their lives, the other two endings have all the bikers live for another day. The endings depend on the perspective given into the situation because you and I could be living in any of these endings, the one we hear about would more likely be one of the bad ones due to the perspective of the world. Of course if one holds a stronger psychic sense, a larger grip on their perspective, they might well see all these endings eventually happening, they'll wake up thinking it was all a dream and try to lead on the better ending. I had thought to tap the morphogenic field on a larger scale, learn years of knowledge and skills to apply to the past and push the future, but to do so requires several catalysts and having to live nearly two or three lifespans and follow a looping path. To say the least it sounds cool, but requires a lot of effort to even implement.

I had little else to post it. And I thought it'd help with rp ideas.

Morphogenic fields are the fields of cell growth. The Antagonist of the game 999 tried using the morphogenic field to restore memory since he himself could not remember faces or human features. The antagonist started research on test subjects in a large maze with puzzles, eventually he started using two facilities trying to see if one could use the field to expand the brain power and create psychic links with another that they are close to. He eventually used children for they were more emotionally attached to one another, especially siblings. The tests were life or death and were eventually shut down with nothing to show for it. In the game however one child was launched into a major life or death situation, a choice to finish a puzzle or die, the child couldn't do it and failed. But the child did live and revived the game one last time with several key players that the child would manipulate into getting both revenge and salvation. A friend grown up in a future timeline would give the child the answer to the problem, but the child would only survive if the friend was in the game, so the child had to set everything up perfectly to force the growth of morphogenic fields and help gain knowledge from alternative timelines in order to save the past.

Since time travel isn't really a thing I get too into I'll just throw out my two cents. I think the easiest way to think of it is parallel universes. Time always moving on a straight path, every single action making another universe where the opposite action isn't made. For instance. This post I'm making, if at the end I decide to post it, then I make a branching path. Another universe is created where in the end I don't post this, or even right it. That me then goes on to probably get back to work like I should be doing. :p  Say you eat cerial in the morning and you have one or the other. You pick one, and the other is picked by the other you, and so on and so forth.

Or, even if time travel were to actually happen we would never know because it wouldn't effect us. Unless we did wake up and Hitler won WWII. Which given that we're where we are and if it were to happen it already would have happened because even though we're here the future would be happening at the same time, the past also happening at the same time. Time flowing forward on a seperate path never connecting. Now, other dimension, parallel travel that's a different story. It would allow the paths to be connected but it would only effect one timeline. I'll just use Dragonball as an example.

When Trunks goes back in time, he isn't going back in time, he's warping to a different universe. One where the Androids hadn't attacked yet, and there was still time to warn everyone. Once he goes back to his timeline everything is the same because he's jumping dimensions and universes. It is also what allows Cell to go back and absorb the Androids. Killing Trunks and taking his Time Machine and all of that while Trunks is still alive, then once Trunks goes back to his timeline he is able to kill the Androids and Cell, who had yet to kill Trunks and go back, yet he still did in one timeline, he altered nothing. It was just a different him going to a different time. And you could even counter argue that Trunks just goes back to an earlier time so he can kill Cell before Cell kills him, but that doesn't work because no one in the past would have ever fought him in the first place, it's an event that would have been wiped from their minds. There would be two Trunks' in the future timeline, and the Future Trunks we know would be stuck in a never ending loop or just stop existing at all.

On the point of Zero Escape, it's basically the same thing, different timelines, but they all take place on one path in one universe, once the split paths join together everything merges and continues on one path without breaking off in a continuing cycle until it eventually stops. It's more confusing, but just another theory.