Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Jambalyre

Pangaia: A Cretaceous Tribal World

Jambalyre    30
Jambalyre

This is an idea I have been knocking about for a little while now and something I have talked to with a couple of other people, but I feel I need to ask a bit more publicly. It is an RP idea with dinosaurs. Something inspired by a few things from film to pc games. However, I began to wonder what it would be like to role-play someone who lived in a world where Dinosaur's existed. Anyone who sat and watched Jurassic Park as a child had this thought one time or another, and I know I am not the only one. It became one of those story types I have always wanted to role-play. 

And, so, I have come to this idea of a world that has the creature era of the Cretaceous and the human era of the Bronze age. It was a hard decision between human ages, because medieval, there is already that on the site, the far future, that is already on the site. Even present day there is already on the site, but something that could be either Roman or Celt? Something a bit further back. A time of mystery, discovery and intrigue. Despite what people may think of this era, there is still a lot of interesting technologies that would suit this kind of role play. 

The best thing about the Cretaceous era is the most iconic dinosaurs existed in this time. From the well known T-rex, the Velociraptor, Stegosaurus, even the Triceratops. To lesser known Dinosaur's, like the Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, the Troodon and Quetzalcoatl who put the terror into Pteradon. As long as it existed within the Cretaceous, it will be in the RP. 

Now, the world itself has no government or monarchy, but instead relies on a trading system between Tribal lords. Each tribe can choose to be Nomadic, travelling from settlement to settlement to trade goods, or Static, remaining in one place and relying on survival and ambushing other tribes to gain resources in order to survive. They will use herbivorous dinosaurs as a means of both food and Transport. All the while, there will be the constant threat of Carnivorous dinosaurs who will attack the Tribe. It will up to the tribes to protect their own against other tribes and meat eaters alike. 

All the while, there is the outcasts. The ones that all tribes fear. The Drifters. These are often solitary figures and the only ones who are able to influence Carnivorous dinosaurs. Each Rper will be allowed one Drifter and allowed to choose a Carnivorous mount no larger than a Carnotaurus, which is a bit smaller than a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but bigger than a Utahraptor. (This is to prevent over saturation of Drifter based characters)  Their empathy based abilities allow them to 'influence' other dinosaur's, but it means that dinosaurs are attracted to them. This includes Carnivore types and the main reason why their Tribes will exile them from the family. 

What I will do is set up a few base tribes, which people can ask me directly to be a part of. There will be openings for titles/positions within the available tribes, from Tribe Chief to healer, to Handler (one who deals with the herds) to hunters. It will be then up to the one I have assigned as Tribe Chief to allow others into their tribes, with or without my permission. Giving individual freedom to expand their tribe; as long as I have been made aware of tribe members. One Rper is allowed to be part of more than one tribe depending on their RP skills, or if they can convince me they can handle it. There will be settlements, like mining and farming, but also anything craft related, from leather working to blacksmithing. Rpers are also allowed to have characters within these settlements as long as they do partially contribute to the settlement. 

I have the world and I have the basic lore behind it all, but I lack an essential ingredient; a story. Here I was hoping people could contribute and generate some ideas that would make this RP idea come alive. Even ideas to help flesh out some of the lore would be appreciative. If any of this inspires you, Don't be afraid to speak your thoughts. Any ideas are better than no ideas and the silliest ideas can generate greater, more awesome ideas. If you do have any just post them here in this thread. 

Let's get some independent RPs going people. Explore some creativity. 

Jambi   X) 

• Like 1

Manni    403
Manni

So...no GabuRevolver? No Beast Batteries? No KYORYUJIN~?! Sorry, I'm out.

LOL!

Okay, I was just joking. I don't really care about that. 

Jambalyre    30
Jambalyre

Wait, Nuuu come back!! But we have things that can, um, be made into things.... I have no idea how you would make a GabuRevolver, but I can try!!! 

Lol, bronze can only get me so far, please have mercy. XD 

Manni    403
Manni

If only I could be cool enough to cause explosions by snapping my fingers...

If only I could surf on a giant spiky metal sword thing with rocket boosters...

LOL,

Too much watching kid's shows.

Neptune    1,173
Neptune

Jambalyre forgot to mention this in her post, but I will be helping her make a map for this RP. It might be a good idea to work out what the clans are and their names. That way I can mark clearly on the map their territories. I think it would be good to have, perhaps, three or four large, major clans and a few little, minor clans. 

Jambalyre    30
Jambalyre

Ah, yeah, I did forget, lol. What about this for an idea. For now I will hold off on naming any tribes until more interested is made.  

Neptune    1,173
Neptune

Sounds logical to me, unless you get a sudden burst of inspiration. But I kind of had the sudden idea that you could centre the naming of the tribes around certain topics... for example, some of the Dinosaurs. Or rocks xD Or gems. That kind of thing.

I also forgot to say in my previous post, but I think it would be cool to have a Celtic feel to the RP.