Push The Button

depends on if I know whether those millions of lives are morally neutral or if that person is gonna be some new hitler saving nazis and the like. Also on how one defines 'responsible'. Accidents are accidents (though my family is pretty spread out so it would be hard to accidentally kill people in both new york and new brunswick) but something orchestrated would hardy be morally justifiable.

Would you push the button to revive all those who have been unjustly killed throughout history, knowing you'd be thrusting them into a world entirely different from the one they left?

• 4 months later...

No. As much as I would personally want that, I know it wasn't meant to be. I have to trust that things happen for a reason, and that I just can't understand that reason. Otherwise everything is entirely arbitrary and nothing really matters.

Would you push the button to find the most perfect true love forever if your love forgot you every morning and you had to reintroduce yourself and rebuild your relationship every single day?

Nah man there are alot of factors going into that, what if one day you fuck up, what if you die, you would have to go through life never having the security that they will indefinitely love you back. Why chase something every day, why not just strive for something consistent?

Would you press the button if you were given a trillion dollars, but that money had to come from a country that needed it?

• 1 month later...

Sure, because I'm sure that with a trillion dollars to set it up, I could find a way to scam over a trillion out of a country that doesn't deserve it and give it back to the one I got my money from originally.

Would you push the button to rebuild the world into the perfect way you want it if it meant that everyone else was forced into the roles required of them against their will?

No, mainly because the world is in a bad enough state as it is that the world ending isn't much of a downside in my eyes.

Would you press the button if everybody in Detroit, Michigan immediately died a horrible painful death, but you got cake?

Wow. That kinda takes the fun out of it. No. I mean, I'm pretty partner-flexible, so their satisfaction is more important than getting that specific someone.

Would you press the button to have all of your needs taken care of and desires fulfilled, but it meant that you were on permanent display in a habitat in zoo for anyone to watch day or night? 

Sure. I'm a pretty lazy person as is, so if they wanna watch me beat it to tentacle hentai while eating microwave popcorn, by all means.

Would you press the button to gain the power to literally piss actual molten gold with no harm to yourself, but at the cost of shitting regular bricks?

I mean... assuming it's all part of my regular biology and not painful, HELL YES. I would have a literal BRICK SHITHOUSE in no time. Plus all that gold.

Would you push the button if it meant everyone in the world got what they wanted except you, and you lost everything you wanted and everything important to you permanently?

Sure, because if everyone was that well off I doubt I'd have a hard time finding someone to bum off of. Plus I wouldn't even feel guilty knowing I got them there.

Would you push the button if it made you rich, but at the cost of never being able to spend it on anything frivolous? 

Probably not. I'm the queen of frivolous spending. I couldn't be rich and not go buy first edition printings of my favorite books, or enough jello to fill a pool for my jello orgy, or... well, anything I want rather than need, really.

Would you push the button if it let you convince anyone to have sex with you but afterward they knew they'd been influenced and hadn't made the choice of their own free will?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not a chance. I don't need to know what other people really think any more than I want them knowing what I really think.

Would you push the button if it meant you could succeed at everything but someone else would have to fail miserably, terribly, painfully, every single time you succeeded? 

That is so tempting: I fail to read people so badly and it is at the root of so much of my social awkwardness: but no, because it would make me not me.

Would you push the button if it would let you live forever but everyone you cared for would die before you?

Edited by Gangsta Moll

Just now, IsabellaRose said:

Would you push the button if it meant you could succeed at everything but someone else would have to fail miserably, terribly, painfully, every single time you succeeded? 

No but I'd feel stupid for it.

Would you push the button if it granted you a wish but with unintended consequences?

Listen lady, I would push the button even if all there was was unintended consequences. See button, must push it. 

Would you push the button if you could grant yourself any one superpower at a time at will, but couldn't repeat powers within a 24-hour period, if every time you gave yourself a power it took a day off of your life?

Yes. Right now I'd just live up the random super power roulette and shave off as many of my adult diaper colostomy bag days as possible.

Would you push the button if you could spend every night with whoever you wanted doing whatever you wanted, but every morning after you got punched in the face by a golden gloves boxer as hard as he could?