Is a sex-friend ok, or even a friend?

Oke, so I have have had a good friend and she and I spend a good time hanging out and having sex... quite often. However we both had no feelings for each other, which we where very clear about.

In my case my friends thought it was weird, they said its not smart to do that to a friend because it breaks your friendship.I personally disagree, I still hang out with her, she and I just didnt fuck when I was in a relationship. 

Now, I wondered what you guys think, are sex-friends real friends? Are those people friends after you stopped fucking them? Did you ever have a friend like that, and how did you experience it? Let us know, and see the results!

• Community Administrator

I, personally, can't see why not. Sure I'd be careful for different things for different genders and what not (Variables) but at the the end of the day if it's something two (or more) adults consent to and know the risks of, and take what ever precautions they seem necessary then really its no business of anyone else by the fact that the people who are involved are happy with it and like it the way it is. Obviously if there is some kind, or any kind of change that the other feels unhappy or even concerned about then I'd imagine that they can bring it up with the other. 

I agree that from your friend's perspective it might be weird, but actually, it's not. But that's subjective. What one person finds weird another might not, and with casual sex/fuck buddies and so on, on the increase it's probably considered somewhat normal, anyway. Is it "Weird" to have a friend who you fuck, that isn't in a relationship with you? Well... Technically "Being Friends" is a relationship, you're not in a romantic one, you're in a friendly one that's also sexual. If people can fuck absolute strangers, why shouldn't they be allowed to have sex with their friends? 

So yeah... To me - whilst it's none of my business, I think you can have people who are just friends that you have sex with. If they're real friends or not... Then I guess that actually depends on the friendship rather than the sex side of it, to be honest. But then I guess that's subjective. What would one consider a "Real Friend"? So... I hope that's helpful.

• Community Administrator

I'm in agreement with Wolfie. I don't see you can't have a friend that you have sex with. There are lots of relationships that you can have with friends. Some you might only attend events with, others you might only play games with. Why not friends that you have sex with? At least it is with someone that you know and trust. It's possible that it could make a friendship stronger. As long as there are no major disagreements, then there should be no reason for a friendship to sour just because you're having sex.

Wolfie is correct in that what a "Real Friend" is subjective. Personally, I feel that a real friend would be loyal to you, never lie (unless a surprise), would spend time with you, have fun with you while not being afraid to criticise you, or take criticism. Again, this may be different depending on the kind of relationship you have with them. 

Archived