Wolfie's Tech ~ Show and Tell

• Community Administrator

I wasn’t comfortable for re-posting this up for a while because I was in the middle of getting things which with my income I do bit by bit; usually, or outright rely on gifts for birthdays and Christmas presents. If you didn’t know me already I’m apart of the Glorious PC Master Race; and as such I have my own beast and quite the sizeable Steam collection growing. But as I’m rather unfaithful I also have a few other bits and pieces; as I acquire more stuff over the years I might update the topic with a new posts.

One of the reasons why I was uncomfortable with posting this up is because of the rather apparent misconception my first one provoked a while back. Needless to say EcchiDreams doesn’t earn me anywhere near the amount to get this stuff, not by a long shot. This is mostly a combination of stuff I’ve earnt myself with my only source of income, and presents from exceedingly generous family and friends, of which of course to say ‘I’m extremely grateful for’ is an understatement!

Wolfie's Tech ~ Show and Tell

Brief History

Links here is for context most of them link to Wiki pages.

Back in the early nineties my first computer was actually a Basic Amstrad CPC464; which you loaded cassette tapes into to load (in my case) games. After that I got an upgrade to an Amiga A600. Then eventually a MS-DOS 6.22 / Windows 3.11 PC which my father built for me when I was four or five, and eventually an AST Built Machine with Windows 95, 16MB RAM, a 486 Processor with problems every single day. My dad wasn’t too happy with the AST machine when I first got it he had been a custom builder since the start.

The reasons I prefer to build my own computer from scratch comes from the late nineties/early naughties my dad would often go out and buy parts for a computer and build it up, the cost would usually come to a fraction of what ready made computers (Like by AST, Compaq, Packard Bell, etc) would cost, and often be more powerful. With such a range of components you could scale a computer into your budget and design it for what you needed it for, and you typically had more freedom and more upgrade options with your own built machine than you did with a ready built one. With the AST computer (Which cost a hell of a lot of money) packing up after six months of being given it (which he said would happen), he introduced me to building one from scratch by tearing down his computer and building it up again with upgraded parts, cleaning out each part. Some of the upgraded parts sat to one side as he rebuilt his new computer. Using parts from my broken AST (Like the 1GB HDD) and his old computer he rebuilt another, and it was good enough for Windows 98, although he had to install MS-DOS 6.22 as a base first and install Windows 98 on top of it, because Windows 98 did not run a single game - for shit.

I’d sit with my dad as he built his new computer (of which sometimes I got the old parts - If I was good) and these are some of the rare happy occasions of my childhood, and some of the rare happy occasions I got to bond with him in a meaningful Father/Son way without “WE LIVE IN ENGLAND! SPEAK ENGLISH!” being shrieked down my ear despite the fact we were speaking English, and “I’m SICK of hearing about COMPUTERS!”... ~sigh~

Eventually I learnt how to build my own from watching my dad (as I had already been repairing and cleaning them for a while and fixing OS/Software problems since I was five) and it’s just something I really loved doing. Like a calling in life. I was damn good at it, if I got a RAM/GPU or CPU upgrade I could just change the parts out and continue on with an upgraded machine, of course back then it was a little easier what with CPU upgrades (Pentium II to Pentium Celeron to Pentium III) having the same Socket (Slot 1). Now it’s not even a choice to me. I always prefer to build my own. It’s either that or I’d might as well not bother. That computer got upgrades and bits and pieces of it existed for eight years, until I built my own - outright from scratch in 2008, although I sold it in 2010 because it did not perform anywhere near what I would have liked it to. Let’s put this way an Acer Aspire 8930G woefully outperformed the desktop computer I had at the time.

In 2011; I had decided after laptop and netbook broke down (Power Connector and Insides Melted, respectively) to build a new computer, and I started saving up money for it. However my only income was taken away from me unjustly and I had to fight for months to get it back, with back pay.

Late 2012 and I got my back pay, and after paying off all debts I started researching and planning my new computer out. Originally I went for very similar parts however in 2013 I had an accident with my CPU and it’s pins and had to send it off to my insurance company (As they cover accidental damage) and I got a bit of an upgrade (because the parts were already obsolete). Originally I had a Asus Maximus V Formula Board with an Intel i7 3770k processor. Although when I got it back the CPU fan came off smashing against my Graphics Card (and it wasn’t even in my home, it was coming out of the box at the doorstep) and parts were missing and there was unsightly marks and scuffs on the back. A new HDD was put in (That was a fucking joke) they basically put in a “Reconditioned” or “Refurbished” drive (or something like that) and my whole experience with them was absolutely shocking, when I was told only NEW parts had been put in. This gives me something to think about in regards to the Processor and Motherboard.

I felt the way they treated my baby (essentially) was disrespectful and disgusting.

Over the previous few years, I’ve had a new Graphics Card and SSD put in (A friend got them for me last Christmas) and that’s where we get to my Computer today.

Table of Contents:
  1. Introduction and Brief History <-- You are here.
  2. My Computer
  3. Sound System
  4. Desktop Objects
  5. Raspberry Pi / Mobile (Mini) Computer
  6. Consoles
  7. Other Things
  8. (And Onwards) - Replies and comments from Dreamers. 

My Computer

My computer isn’t really anything special really, but it does do what I want and it was what I could afford. As I’ve explained I never, ever brought a whole “ready made” desktop computer before, I’ve always, always prefer building my own machines, and there are many reasons I like doing it from planning to installing a new OS on it for the first time. So my computer is custom built, and much of the Hard Drives are actually from my old computer, two of them were in my Netgear Stora NAS for a while (which I don’t have anymore) and the other one… Well I will talk later on it. It’s performance is exactly what I expected for the money I did pay and the components it has.

That’s not to say I don’t have any problems with my computer… For example when I boot up my computer it freezes on the Asus Republic of Gaming BIOS POST screen and sometimes I get “No Keyboard Found” or “CPU Over Temperature” yet I never have any problems once it’s booted up. So I call this a “Querk” to my computer… It definitely needs fixing but I’ve never looked into the issue, or investigated it to figure out why it does it. It also doesn’t play very nice with Linux either.

Specifications and Components:

• Case: Coolermaster HAF-X
  • Motherboard: Asus R.o.G Maximus VI Formula
  • CPU: Intel i7 4770K
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    • XMP Profile (1600Mhz)
    • 9-9-9-24 Latency
    • DDR3
    • 2x8GB (The other two are in Neptune’s system)
  • GPU: ASUS (Nvidia) GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II
  • PSU: SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 850W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum" Power Supply - Black. (20th October 2015) || It was: EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply (Now Neptune's PSU).
  • HDD(s): 1 SDD, 3 HDD
    • SDD: Samsung 840 Pro
      • It is a SSD - (Windows 10 Pro, Boot Drive)
      • SATA III
      • 512MB Cache
      • 512GB Storage
    • HDD: Western Digital “Blue” (WD10EALS-002BA0)
      • 7200 RPM - (Steam Games)
      • SATA II
      • 32MB Cache
      • 1 TB Storage
    • HDD: Western Digital “Black” (WD6401AALS-00L3B2)
      • 7200 RPM - (Frequent Access Storage)
      • SATA II
      • 32MB Cache
      • 640GB Storage
    • HDD: Seagate Pipeline HD (ST3500312CS)
      • 5900 RPM - (Used to store archival data)
      • SATA II
      • 8MB Cache
      • 500GB Storage
    • Other Drive(s): 1 Optical
    • Cooling System: Conventional (Air/Fan)
    • Additional Devices (Internal):
      • Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    • Additional Devices (External):

large.IMG_20150815_182957colourcorrected

From coding and editing images, roleplaying, gaming, listening to music and shit posting online, this is where I do it all. The bottle of Coca Cola is usually not on my desk. Call it; unpaid “Product Placement” I love Vanilla Coke. So this is my current set up. It’s quite a cozy little setup really. First we'll take a look inside my computer. 

large.IMG_20150815_172454colourcorrected

This is a horizontal picture, as you can clearly see the Motherboard, Graphics Card, Drive Bays and everything else. The method of cooling is rather simple and conventional too, but it's also the reason why it's rather dusty and often needs cleaning up (Because as you may already know, dust acts like a heat insulator). There's a large fan that you can see in the bottom right of the picture, this sucks air in from the front of the computer and blows it over the hard-drive bay that you can see directly behind it. At the top of the machine (As you will see in the next picture) there is a fan that blows air out the top, and one that blows air out the back there. But there is also another fan - which you will have seen in the first picture on this post. That's the one on the side of the computer case, again this sucks air into the machine. As you can see I'm not really that good with keeping the cables tidy but the majority of the cables are in the other side panel (Where they belong) so I've easily been able to minimise the amount of cables that come up into the actual machine, although there is obviously room for improvement. 

To the bottom left you can see my EVGA Supernova PSU, it does exactly what I need to do and it's an awesome PSU for the price it was. This has a black PSU shell over it (as you can see covering the PSU slightly) I think this is to keep it looking tidy, I'm not entirely sure. Then just above that is my Sound blaster Sound card, which I don't use all that much anymore, and above that is my Nvidia GPU. 

large.IMG_20150815_172510colourcorrected

Yeah okay... My cable management sucks. But there's that illusive top fan that I was talking about. 

The picture below has a close up of the drive bays. 

large.IMG_20150815_172613colourcorrected

The picture above is before being cleaned, and the picture below is after being cleaned, but as you can see - as long as you disconnect the cables in the back, you can actually open up the drive bays (individually) and take them out. They're like trays that you slide in out, like drawer basically. Now it might be interesting to note that I had to be-careful with the construction of my computer in placing the parts in the right place and such. 

I also have two hotswap bays (On the front of the computer) and these have SATA II hard drives in where as the drive bays below have SATA III hard drives in them, now to get technical. The Motherboard has two SATA controllers, Intel's Z87 Chipset, which is what I consider to be faster and more reliable (six ports) and Asmedia's Chipset. So the internal drives are on the Intel controller, and the Hotswap bays are on the Asmedia's controller (as I don't use these as much as the internal drives). 

On paper both Intel's Z87 and Asmedia's controllers are both SATA III (6.0Gbps) but in practice you get upto/about 20% more performance*. Obviously I wanted my SSD to be on the Intel Controller. 

* In some circumstances. 

large.IMG_20150815_173215colourcorrected

large.IMG_20150815_172652colourcorrectedlarge.IMG_20150815_172958colourcorrected

These are what the trays look like ejected from the computer (Above) and the hotswap bays (Below)

large.IMG_20150816_192215colourcorrected

These two (Above) are not SATA III Hard drives so I don't need them on the fastest SATA Chipset (Intel Z87). 

Sound System

This is pretty much simple and straight forward; from a USB3 port on the back of my machine to the Matrix DAC (Top device, under the Raspberry Pi, which is there for size comparison) which then does down to my Corda Amp, then out from there to my HE-500's through BTG-Audio 8 Strand SPC Headphone Cable (With a Viablue 3.5mm plug, and a gold converter that makes it a 6.3mm connector) 

The sound quality is amazing; although if you have a 128Kbps MP3 - you can really hear the sucky quality and even so when it's a 320Kbps, compared to a Lossless FLAC file. I don't quite know how to explain it but with the more advanced gear you can "Feel" the song where as the others fall flat. Overall it's a fantastic kit and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. 

I want to thank @Manni for the advise he's given me over the years as well as sourcing most of the equipment for me, a fantastic Christmas present of 2014; and I honestly can't find the words to describe my gratitude other than proclaiming how awesome this guy is. If you have any questions about heaphones and music wares; Manni is the man to talk to. 

large.IMG_20150816_143332colourcorrectedlarge.IMG_20150816_192551colourcorrected

Desktop Objects

As you may have noticed from some of the other pictures I have some objects on my desk, this will go into depth about some of these objects. 

Unfortunately the Modem and Router (seen next to the Coca Cola) has to be on my desk due to the location of the of where the modem connects into, and it does make my desk more cluttered than I’d like but for now it’s a necessary evil until I find somewhere more suited for it. The Router is just sheer awesome, it’s a Netgear Nighthawk X6 (Or AC-32000) Tech Specs can be found here. It is an awesome router, in the back there I have two 32GB USB pen drives (Which I sourced for £7.99, each) that act as the Network Attached Storage for my router and the network. If set up correctly I can access certain files from anywhere, as long as I have Internet Access. One of them is open to the Network, the other needs a username and password in order to access.

I prefer to be hardwired into the router for both security and technical reasons, although I do have a lot of devices that use Wifi, and this router has never failed me. It’s the network infrastructure of our home and we couldn’t ask for a better device. The only issue I have with it; is that I’ve been unable to put DD-WRT on it.

large.IMG_20150816_192414colourcorrected

My wall has various pictures on it, these are pictures that either I or Neppy use in roleplaying. Why? Because I love these pictures. In time I do hope to have more up there, but for now this all I have. Not strictly my desktop stuff, but I figured it was worth a mention. There is a picture that's faced down on top of my computer, this is a picture of the IRL @Neptune of which I was not authorised to put up, so I had to hide it, which is absolutely fair enough, and I respect her right to anonymity. Usually it's not down though. 

large.IMG_20150815_181231colourcorrected

I also have a few DVD-RAM's on my desk (See picture below)

Whilst this one is blank, as I only got them recently, online the DVD RAM’s on my monitor’s stand is where I keep encrypted backups of the EcchiDreams Database. I keep backups of backups because I happen to take it very seriously. The specks you can see on the DVD-RAM there are called “Hard Sectors” if you’re interested in learning more about this obsolete medium; please check out Lui Gough (or Gough Lui)’s blog “Mega Tech Flashback, Writeable Optical Discs: MO, PD, DVD-RAM

large.IMG_20150805_131314nopmcolourcorre

Old technology? Yes. Reliable? Yes. 

Raspberry Pi / Mobile (Mini) Computer

I got this from my father for Christmas in 2012 or 2013 back when I believed that David Braben (Creator of Frontier Developments Inc) was running it, now it seems to be ran by crazy Social Justice Warriors Social Judgement Cultists (SJW/SJC's). Since they took it upon themselves to use blocklists and shit all over their own community, don't support the Raspberry Pi as a company, and thus I will not endorse this product, "End of". I use it was a Linux box, and test various things with it, although I still haven't found a purpose for it. It's the original model (B board).

So all I'm going to post here is pictures, in reality it's a mediocre device, it just about runs the software provided to it and it was good in that it was the first of it's kind, as far as I am aware. It has a 8GB SDHC (Class 10) SDCard and a Pibow case. But other than that's all I have to say on it. I aim on getting a new device when I can, a different brand of Mini Computer. 

large.IMG_20150816_142928color.correctio

large.IMG_20150816_142959colourcorrected

Yeah... Ethics; Bitch.

Consoles

As I am a little unfaithful with the PC Master Race; I have a few consoles, namely an Xbox360 which I haven't used since 2011/2012 and a Nintendo 3DS XL, of which @Neptune and I paid about £167 towards (as it was a present to each other) and her siblings chipped in to get the rest, they also gave us a red and blue case, between us and a charger. With the red and blue case they also got Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - respectively. 

I haven't played Pokemon since Pokemon Crystal (Gameboy Colour, Gen II) so I wanted to get back into it and I kinda did in a big way. So using some money that Neppy and I saved up, we got a bunch of other Pokemon Games from HeartGold/SoulSilver onwards. I'm not ashamed to admit that I still like Pokemon. 

So the games ended up getting split like this:

Object

Neptune

Wolfie

Nintendo 3DS XL (With 32GB MicroSD)

Owned

Owned

Pokémon HeartGold

Owned

Nope.

Pokémon SoulSilver

Nope.

Owned

Pokémon White

Nope.

Owned

Pokémon Black

Owned.

Nope.

Pokémon White 2

Owned.

Nope.

Pokémon Black 2

Nope.

Owned.

Pokémon X

Owned

Nope.

Pokémon Y

Nope.

Owned

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Owned.

Nope.

Pokémon Omega Ruby

Nope.

Owned.

If you can't see the table it's because I did it in Google Docs and transferred it via Copy and Paste. Let me know in the comments below and I'll fix it if necessary. 

I've done some Wonder Trading but at the moment I'm actually working on completing my Pokédex on Y and Omega Ruby. I got a couple of extra downloaded games thanks to a Nintendo eShop Gift Voucher; they are Shin Megami Tensei IV, Resident Evil 5 (Better on PC in my opinion), and (currently) a Demo of Bravely Default, because I used to play the old Final Fantasy Games on the Gameboy and SNES (Emulators).

large.IMG_20150816_143512colcorrected.jp

Here is the case

large.IMG_20150816_143410colorcorrecteda

Other things

This is just a reserved post in case I need to go on about things that aren't included. Here's a picture of all the boxes to nearly everything Neppy and I own in our bedroom. (The Sapphire Card was my old HD7870 card which I'm giving to my sister-in-law tomorrow). All the other boxes are in the HAF-X boxes.

large.IMG_20150816_142737color.corrected

...now it seems to be ran by crazy Social Justice Warriors Social Judgement Cultists (SJW/SJC's). Since they took it upon themselves to use blocklists and shit all over their own community, don't support the Raspberry Pi as a company, and thus I will not endorse this product, "End of"...

Yeah... Ethics; Bitch.

can I ask in all seriousness, do you support '#GamerGate' the reason I ask is because you've stated that you've never stated publicly that you do and yet...

I ask because these cultists like to misconstrue words...

other than that I love your computer and I am so envious of your computer. also you said you were trying to complete the pokedex in pokemon, how well are you doing so far and can I has picz? also is there a reason you didn't chose water/liquid cooling over conventional fan cooling? just curious. ^_^

I will deal with the on topic question first. 

other than that I love your computer and I am so envious of your computer. also you said you were trying to complete the pokedex in pokemon, how well are you doing so far and can I has picz? also is there a reason you didn't chose water/liquid cooling over conventional fan cooling? just curious. ^_^

Well it's going well. For 129 hours playtime, I have a Pokédex of 593 - although it seems that this is 593 seen, which I wasn't aware of until a few hours ago. I have "Caught" 540, and "Seen" 593. This is on Pokémon Omega Ruby, although thanks to Pokébank I can transfer to Pokémon Y. I use the other games to get Pokémon I can't get in either (or can get more easily in others) and GTS/Wondertrade to fill in the gaps (As well as breeding + Blissey farming, thanks to @ArdillaVerde93's Facebook post on our Facebook Page.

large.2015-10-11.jpg.26a7d85d10ed1310b80

As for the fan cooling; it's simple. Cost. The cost for maintaining a fan cooled system is much less than the cost to maintaining a liquid cooled system. That and I don't over-clock, again - cost. If I over-clock the parts may wear out faster, I do not need the extra umph so I don't need to risk unnecessary damage to the warranty of the components. 

I will consider adding people (members here) on my friends code list if they request my friend code, as I would for Steam (PC). 

can I ask in all seriousness, do you support '#GamerGate' the reason I ask is because you've stated that you've never stated publicly that you do and yet...

I will state here and clearly right now. I do not use Twitter; therefore I do not take part in the Hashtag Movement "Gamergate". 

As for the accusation that Gamergate is a harassment/hate campaign against women, or whatever. I've never attacked anyone for being Anti-Gamergate, and yet I've had (apparent) Anti-Gamergaters coming onto this forum to shame me and to call me this and that without so much as even pretending to care about my views- but no, I have to listen and believe. 

Proof:

This is the final piece I'm saying on the matter and this subject by quoting my post and explaining what I mean. Because "Context" right?

...took it upon themselves to use blocklists and shit all over their own community, don't support the Raspberry Pi as a company, and thus I will not endorse this product, "End of"

It is their right to use a blocklist and I accept that. I don't like it- and I am not personally affected because I am not on Twitter. EcchiDreams does have a Twitter- but it mainly retweets stuff from our Facebook page because I am retarded when it comes to Twitter, I don't know if you've noticed - I don't exactly conform to 140 characters. LOL

However like it is their right to use it, I also have a right not to support any company I so wish as a consumer, for what ever the hell reason I like. In the world of free markets - I vote with my money, and I choose not to waste a single penny on them, or give them any more of my typing time. "End of." Was a 'joke' pointing to the reference of what I hated the most, they made a political statement and instead of welcoming open discussion on the subject, it was straight up "End of" no discussion.

To be clear: I was not making a statement as a "Gamergater" and I see why you wanted me to expand on it for context. I do not take part in ANY on Twitter Hash tag campaigns.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am aware; @Neptune will be doing her own thread, she will need to comment on it however as I can't speak for her on this matter. We had a bit of a PSU diaster the other day. Neppy's PSU went kaput; so I gave her mine and brought myself a SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 850W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum" Power Supply - Black in colour. (Which I will update in my first post). 

Also I really love the heavy headphones; the only way it'd compare is if I could attach two bricks either side. LOL But seriously, if you have them I'd be interested in hearing more about it, like how they compare and such.

I will be doing my own tech thread at some point. I've been been so busy lately. If I am not roleplaying with Wolfie I am doing a lot of other things. And some of the pictures that were taken are not good enough, so I want to try and get some new ones.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know what you mean. I got some other headphones and earphones laying around and when I listen to music through it, I can't describe it... It's like some of it isn't there anymore, or otherwise tinny.  I should update this thread and put up some other stuff that I have now. Such as a WD Black 4TB Hard Drive and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

• Senior Staff

THIS IS A COPY OF A HEAD-FI MOVIE SCRIPT done by Head-Fi User BleaK a few years ago, when HiFiMAN HE500 was still in production. Wasn't sure if I could link to an external forum so I put it here. This is BleaK's script for...HE500, THE MOVIE!

ORIGINAL POST IS HERE: http://www.head-fi.org/t/715675/a-headfi-movie-script-i-wrote-in-the-he500-thread-a-long-time-ago-thought-maybe-more-might-enjoy-it

Cue epic movie music

Narrator: In this town, Headfi... Where the pricier headphones gets pricier, and were artist endorsed headphones rule the streets. There is one headphone who is destined to bring back the balance between cost and sound quality...

SR-009: "I don't know who this hifiman is, but I want him and his frequency graph, DEAD!"

Narrator: Every flagship wants a bite of him...

TH-900: "How can such a lowlife touch us, the expensives?"

T1: "He is never gonna replace me! NEVER!"

HD800: "No one leaves here without a treble-spike...."

Narrator: He is...  HE-500!

*Explosion*

HE-500: "I didn't choose this... I didn't want to be a hero..."

Cue soft piano music

Modded T50RP: "HE-500 this place need you. I need you. Before I met you I was a lowlife ortho, but you showed me, you showed all of Headfi, that this place can be something different. We can ALL have a balanced frequency graph."

HE-500 "Baby, I'll make Tyll measure you all night long..."

*Explosion, HE-500 walking away*

Dramatic high paced movie music

???: "He is no match for me... Don't worry SR-009, I've dealt with his kind before..."

Modded T50RP: "No! Don't touch me! Leave me alone!"

Empty streets. HE-500 walks in front of a building.

HE-500: "Set her free! It's me you want! Come out you coward!"

Voice from building: "So, you've come at last, HE-500...."

HE-500: "I know this frequency response... You are..."

LCD-2 walks out of the building

HE-500: "My nemesis..."

Evil laughter from LCD-2

Narrator: THIS SUMMER, a headphone world you have never experienced. HE-500, with help from his brothers HE-400....

HE-400: "YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA, did someone drop the BASS on this place or what!?"

Narrator: ...and HE-6...

HE-6: "Isn't there any bar in this god forsaken place with power enough to drive me...?"

Narrator: ...will he be the one headphone to save Headfi-town?

Epic fighting between HE-500 and LCD-2

LCD-2: "You'll never have my bass!"

HE-500: "You're just angry because you can never get any ladies without a mild treble-spike"

LCD-2 and HE-500 running against eachother

LCD-2: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

HE-500: "HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*BOOM*

HE-500

Coming out on cinemas in June...

On 14/08/2016 at 1:17 PM, Whoreo said:

what other stuff do you have? *curious*

also:

is that a photo in a photo frame turned upside down, in the top right hand corner, on top of your computer?

It's a photograph of @Neptune, IRL from years ago back when we first met. When I first took the pictures it was in all the shots, and she asked me not to put her face up online, so I respected her wishes and re-took the photos. I put it faced down so I could put it back up later. 

4 hours ago, Manni said:

THIS IS A COPY OF A HEAD-FI MOVIE SCRIPT done by Head-Fi User BleaK a few years ago, when HiFiMAN HE500 was still in production. Wasn't sure if I could link to an external forum so I put it here. This is BleaK's script for...HE500, THE MOVIE!

ORIGINAL POST IS HERE: http://www.head-fi.org/t/715675/a-headfi-movie-script-i-wrote-in-the-he500-thread-a-long-time-ago-thought-maybe-more-might-enjoy-it

Cue epic movie music

Narrator: In this town, Headfi... Where the pricier headphones gets pricier, and were artist endorsed headphones rule the streets. There is one headphone who is destined to bring back the balance between cost and sound quality...

SR-009: "I don't know who this hifiman is, but I want him and his frequency graph, DEAD!"

Narrator: Every flagship wants a bite of him...

TH-900: "How can such a lowlife touch us, the expensives?"

T1: "He is never gonna replace me! NEVER!"

HD800: "No one leaves here without a treble-spike...."

Narrator: He is...  HE-500!

*Explosion*

HE-500: "I didn't choose this... I didn't want to be a hero..."

Cue soft piano music

Modded T50RP: "HE-500 this place need you. I need you. Before I met you I was a lowlife ortho, but you showed me, you showed all of Headfi, that this place can be something different. We can ALL have a balanced frequency graph."

HE-500 "Baby, I'll make Tyll measure you all night long..."

*Explosion, HE-500 walking away*

Dramatic high paced movie music

???: "He is no match for me... Don't worry SR-009, I've dealt with his kind before..."

Modded T50RP: "No! Don't touch me! Leave me alone!"

Empty streets. HE-500 walks in front of a building.

HE-500: "Set her free! It's me you want! Come out you coward!"

Voice from building: "So, you've come at last, HE-500...."

HE-500: "I know this frequency response... You are..."

LCD-2 walks out of the building

HE-500: "My nemesis..."

Evil laughter from LCD-2

Narrator: THIS SUMMER, a headphone world you have never experienced. HE-500, with help from his brothers HE-400....

HE-400: "YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA, did someone drop the BASS on this place or what!?"

Narrator: ...and HE-6...

HE-6: "Isn't there any bar in this god forsaken place with power enough to drive me...?"

Narrator: ...will he be the one headphone to save Headfi-town?

Epic fighting between HE-500 and LCD-2

LCD-2: "You'll never have my bass!"

HE-500: "You're just angry because you can never get any ladies without a mild treble-spike"

LCD-2 and HE-500 running against eachother

LCD-2: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

HE-500: "HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*BOOM*

HE-500

Coming out on cinemas in June...

Well that was random. Good ol' member base of Head-Fi, very imaginative and creative people, I love 'em. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/08/2016 at 13:17, Whoreo said:

what other stuff do you have? *curious*

I missed this question originally. I'll update soon, with better pictures - much better pictures, because it's a fair few things.

Edit: My 640GB HDD died. So I gave it a proper send off here: 

lookin' forward to it @Wolfie!

On 07/08/2016 at 00:43, Wolfie said:

I know what you mean. I got some other headphones and earphones laying around and when I listen to music through it, I can't describe it... It's like some of it isn't there anymore, or otherwise tinny.  I should update this thread and put up some other stuff that I have now. Such as a WD Black 4TB Hard Drive and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Samsung galaxy S7 edge?  will you be reviewing this at all give us more substance as to what you think about it I have a crappy old one and I am looking at upgrading.

I wasn't going to but sure, I can talk about my subjective experience with the phone. I'm not paid by Samsung to do so, nor do I have have vested interest other than it's my purchase I'm talking about. There are a few good and bad points I have about it, but all in all I like the phone. I will go into more detail if you wish when I make my post.

Archived