A Story that Needs Help

Hey guys. I'm working on a story that takes place in a mythical post WW1 And deals with adventurers of a modern/steampunky era, young and old masters of the arcane arts, pirates that terrorize the skies flying zepplin warships and biplanes.

I need help placing major areas for the stories to take place in. Also possible characters to add to the plethora I already have.

My brother and I are playing with rpg maker on this idea. I'll post a list of characters after this.

Ok major characters are broken down by acts which serve as new story arcs around new villains and new heroes. Not that they can't overlap just that it'll be a story similar to a Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun.

Act 1

Ned Yuuji:  male 23 year old Native American/Japanese mix adventurer who wields a long sword and a short sword

Gwendolyn Noon: female 39 year old Nordic Caucasian retired adventurer wields a sabre

Chut Low: Male ? Mysterious wanderer wields twin semiautomatic pistols

Ulfrid Noon: Male 40 Caucasian husband to Gwendolyn Noon, uses fists and heavy grappler

Sarah Dianna Yuuji: Female 21 Caucasian wife to Ned Yuuji, detective, uses a .44 magnum revolver

Koanna Yuuji: Female 19 Caucasian/Japanese mix sister to Ned Yuuji, healer/nurse, uses a spell tomb

Auria Teal: female 27 Scottish heritage, hunter uses a bow

Sylvia Kain: female 19 British, black mage initiate, uses a magic catalyst staff

Amy Noon: female 18 Caucasian, daughter to Gwendolyn and Ulfrid Noon, paladin class, uses a claymore and tower shield

James McKnight: Male 31 Caucasian officer of the law, uses a baton and a pump action shotgun

William H. Godric: male 61 British, old adventurer turn philanthropist, broad sword and luger

Caddric Paradise: male 51 Portuguese, sky pirate, uses a cutlass and many grenados

Cradicus Thathcher: male 55 Caucasian, professional thief, uses an old worn blade

Kogan Wright: male 64 native American, assassin, uses a tomahawk and a dagger

Kage Torza: male 18 Caucasian, pyromancer, uses fire

Omon Torza: male 50 undead remnant, a soldier of old, Kage Torza's father, wields an ultra great sword

Act 2

These characters will be in the same general area as Act 1

Jacob Sanger: male 29 Caucasian, zeppiln pilot, uses a mauser pistol

Alan Godric: male 19 British, son of William H. Godric, pompus ass rich kid, carries a rapier

Cory Philips: male 17 Irish, student turn sky pirate, caries a scimitar

Cecilia Xero: female 18 Caucasian, prodigy student, runemaster, is a master at rune magic

Johnny Vidas: male 19 Caucasian, student boxer, punches

Hanna Corienth: female 18 Scottish, student florist, she has dominion over plants

Katnis Forthess: female 60 German, Mistress High Master at the magic academy stationed in the west, she uses higher eschilon magics

Tavos Moren: male ? Roman, Grand Magister of the Magic Academy stationed in the west, he has a grand staff and uses ancient arcane magic

Meetra Surik and Keeton: female 18 Caucasian/ male 10 monster, beast master and beast, Meetra has electric gauntlets that she uses to fight and command Keeton

Sophie: female ? Darker skinned mix, a strangely dressed minion, uses a great axe

Cable Saint: male ? Spanish, travelling sword for higher, carries an ungodly long sabre

Ingon Sorrak: male ? Babalonyon, breserker lord, large broad axe is choice to him.

Act 3 

Following a story of a young boy in Europe to protect ancient magic

Issac Bloommist: male 16 German, youth mage, old family staff

Caleb Saint: male 29 Spanish, wandering bounty hinder in search of his twin, uses a big Howie knife and a caster pistol

Kiro Xero: male 62 Caucasian, father of Cecilia Xero, an old rune edge, his power over runes is outstanding and is focused in his thin blade

Caltic Saméndal: male 52 Scottish, old hunter and family friend of Issac, uses an old wood cutter's axe

Rothchild Borri: male 95 Russian, an old magister who is in search of artifacts, he has an old staff and conjures the arcane

Harris Kanos: male 39 Caucasian, bodyguard for hire, carries a twinblade

Hrothan Solarius: male ? Templar, old knight left to guard the staff of light, carries a halberd and a solar shield

Lorian Hikadus: male 41 Asian, Steam Knight of the Catholic Church, wears a heavy steam armor and carries a big steam propelled hammer

Helga Hemudyn: female 71 German, witch of the east after the staff of light, uses an old corrupted staff and evil magics

Chisa: female 21 Caucasian, a mysterious girl scouting out for her master, she has a strange charm that helps her repel enemies

Ada Risteard: female 33 German, a scout for a rising power in the heart of Europe, she has an arsenal of guns at her disposal

Officer Triarch: male 41 German, an officer bearing the iron cross, superior ovet Ada, uses an officer's sword

Act 4 

An unusual act with many areas to go to around the world

Captain Moraven Camilot: male 39 British, previously the queen's royal guard, he stole her gem and since then he's been on the run, turned sky pirate, he fights with a sabre and a long sword

1st Mate Myleena Gamorah: female 37 Italian, first mate to Moraven, her cutlass is sharp and straight

Quartermaster Cornelius Thathcher: male 43 Caucasian, alchemist and quartermaster to Moraven, he is known as a warlock, he uses concoctions to fight

Captain Ann "Bloodworst" Brunhilda: female 49 German, old sky pirate and good friend of Moraven, her cane is used up close and a machinengun for range

Mei Aumi: female 19 Japanese, a ninja girl who's father was killed by Moraven, revenge is her plan, ninjato and anything a ninja uses

Queen Elizabeth Ann Britannia: female 29 British, Queen of Britain, raped by her royal guardian, but she... No that was nearly 20 years ago, she uses a royal rapier

Lucracide of Britannia: female 44 British, royal knight of the round table, she toats a claymore

Maxwell of Britannia: male 50 British, royal knight of the round table, long sword and shield

Sir Antion: male 55 British, harmonious knight of the royal family, avenger of the queen, long sword and a lever action shotgun

General Valarious Orum Cornelius the 3rd: male 50 British, general of the royal army, his old rifle

Katora: ? ? Monster, demon deep in Egypt that guards treasures, uses an ahnk cepter

The Yeti: ? ? Monster, deep in the Himalayas this beast guards an ancient treasure half right by monks

• Community Administrator

I've been trying to think of ways that I can help you, but without more context as to the actual plots of the stories, I am not sure how much I can help. But I do have some suggestions, like having a variety of locations such as big cities and then perhaps towns in more rural areas. 

With the boy in Europe, I can imagine that he would be based in a mainland Europe city, perhaps a Capital. In either Paris, or Germany. A city like that would allow him to have connections and provide him with information that he can then follow up on.

With the last act, I imagine it's really a case of that their ship is their main location, with various other locations dotted throughout the story. So there it is a case of deciding where their adventures are going to lead them.

That's all I have at the moment. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help, but hopefully that will spur a few ideas for you.

The actual plot isn't fully flushed out yet. I'm still working on it. But they'll have just a little more than just hero goes after and defeats villain.

Each character is important enough or at least will be.

But thanks for the help. I'll try to get more info for ya as I work on it