Community Dashboard

It's amazingly simple and handy... however to me at least, this isn't the issue. the forum index is a little... well, too cluttered at least to me n on my resolution. the black lines are where I've spliced together multiple screenshots:

large.56a5382125215_forummess.png.8b450f

on the site preupdate we could get rid of the sidebar... but this is no longer the case it seems. :(

is there anyway of putting those statistics somewhere? like in the dashboard, and perhaps moving 'Staff Online' to sections where it's perhaps more appropriate? I feel the less cluttered the side bar, the more readable this will be because none of it is aligned very well and it just looks ugly.

• Community Administrator

I had no idea that, that problem had gotten that bad. I'm guessing by your resolution that you're using an old laptop, or an odd resolution (My guess is 1366 x 768), if you can try a better resolution, I use it on 1920 x 1080 and it doesn't quite look that bad (the font is far more readable).

I've knocked up a "Stats" Page which practically eliminates the need for most of that information from being displayed on the forum index, and we can put a link under the information menu to this page: https://ecchidreams.com/stats This is a very quick, very clean mock up. In the meantime I will remove most of the contents of the sidebar to clean it up, so we can see what it looks like. 

Edit: I've made the changes and I'll be open to feedback, I will be putting a button in the dashboard for Stats as well, at some point. I've moved roleplaying adverts here, in topic listings:

large.56a549800cdc5_Sidebarmoved.jpg.8f1

As I said we'll see how its received if I don't hear any complaints then I'll assume good job done. Admittedly in my opinion it does make the index look a little tidier, although, I dunno it doesn't feel right somehow. I'm not a very good designer. xD

Edit 2: 

I'm going to play around with this; this just doesn't 'feel' right either.

56a58a34cf77e_Sidebarmoved.thumb.jpg.9cb

Edit 3:

I've cleaned it up a little; and what's in there is fine. Although we do now have a new Stats and Leaderboards page. When we have the Awards and EcchiCredit system working again I will find a way of putting some kind of stats in there, not a cheap half-arsed attempt like it is now though, although it's fine for what's in there. :) Let me know how it looks on your resolution. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up