sex or masturbation

So I recently talked with a guy who prefered to masturbate over sex. It was very new to me, but he told me he likes to focus on himself and relax. I can partly understand, but I also feel sorry for the guy. If you are confident with yourself you can relax when you have sex too.

What do you guys think? Do any of you prefer to do it yourself? 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Let it be known that both have their ups and downs (lol) I would have to go with sex over masturbation, simply because (as Sheena said) I don't worry to much and know that my partner will enjoy herself.

I also understand the masturbation is enjoyable and certainly isn't something to shy away from, but if I had to choose, I'd rather make two people happy XD

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would if I weren't taken, mostly because of STD's... But other then that I like both, sex is when you want to do more then just cum though. Like kissing and touching, where taking care of it yourself I would think of just practicing for sex. Getting your stamina up and stuff, but mostly it's just for cumming without having to put in work. Some girls like to be turned on before sex, so that their wet before hand so it doesn't hurt. Getting them there can take longer then you want to wait sometimes... Same for girls vs guys... either way masturbating isn't bad, but sex is always better to me. 

I suppose it depends for me. I love masturbating because I know what I like. It's healthy (as long as it doesn't become and addiction) and it's a way to feel good and relieve stress. Sex on the other hand is fun and exciting. You and your partner can try things you never knew you'd like or enjoy. It can also be a way to truly express your love for someone. Even if you're bad at it or don't last long if you and your partner really care about each other just something as simple as foreplay can make either person cum. It can also do everything I listed for masturbation, and vice versa. It's really a mixed bag for people. but I think I'm tied 50/50. I love both of them for their own reasons. 

I might be guilty of that, but it was years ago in high school. I've masturbated in public places before, but it was more for the thrill and experimentation. Not really my thing. I'd probably have sex in public if I had a partner who wanted to, but I'd really have to be in love with them.

True, nothing compares to that, but only you know yourself in and out and exactly what you need to do to get off as efficiently as possible. I'd rather use a toy than my hand, but sometimes I'd rather use my hand. Nothing wrong with it, it works just fine. It's a feeling of self pleasure.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived