Diaries of a Delphox Doctor

• Senior Staff

Before I get into it, I want to thank @ArdillaVerde93, without whom's story (Lovesick) and blessing to post, this story would not exist.
This is a side story of sorts to an entire plot of their devising, and is somewhat intended to be a part of Shaymin and Tyler's story through the eyes of another.

A little backstory. I was asked by ArdillaVerde93 to help cure Shaymin, and I agreed. This is my take on the process, as well as information that came to my attention later. I haven't written in a long time, and it isn't much, but I hope people enjoy it. Without further ado, here we go.

~~~

Journal of Kai Russet; 08/04/2016 - Goldenrod City, Johto

Today, I happened upon a strange and miraculous discovery. I am not alone in this world. There is another, like me, who has... changed, into something else. Something more. Something between Human and Pokémon. I made this discovery entirely by accident whilst training with my Lilligant, and an innocent passerby got caught when a breeze blew a full dose of Sleep Powder their way, and without thinking I took them to my house to recover. Which is the story to which I intend to stand by.
When he (though I initially mistook him as female, and was corrected later) came around from what I had subjected him to, after I apologised, he politely introduced himself as Tyler Miller, a doctor. My interest was piqued at this point, as I find it incredibly intriguing that our shared condition should have affected two practitioners of the same profession. Or rather I should say, did, since I no longer practise medicine. The odds seem astronomical that I should meet another, let alone a doctor.
Returning to the point, he informed me of a difficult case he was working on, of course remaining within the bounds of professional confidentiality at all times, and talking over only the most basic points of the case, with no direct reference to the patient herself at all. It was apparent that the patient was suffering from infertility after pelvic trauma.
Feeling for him and the patient, I showed him to my modest library, as well as the studies I had devoted myself to since being afflicted with my condition.
Doctor Miller appeared to find certain things of interest, as well as relevance to the case he was working on, at which point I loaned him use of a pen and paper to write down some of his discoveries. Shortly thereafter, I showed him out of my house, wishing both he and his patient well.

Note: Of interest is the fact that Doctor Miller, while male, appears to have been changed in part to a female Cinccino. This is curious to me, as my... enforced transformation into part Delphox, remained wholly male.

~~~
Journal of Kai Russet; 09/04/2016 - Goldenrod City, Johto

I was approached by Doctor Miller early this afternoon. It appeared as though he had spoken to his patient after leaving yesterday, and had talked her into accepting a consultation with me, due to my unusual medical knowledge. I have not practised medicine in a long time, but I could not find it in my heart to refuse such a request.
I left with Doctor Miller to meet the patient. Imagine, if you will, my surprise at entering the room and coming face to face with a Legendary Pokémon. I will not deny that I had been expecting a Pokémon, and one very much loved judging from the tone with which Doctor Miller spoke of her. But I certainly had not been expecting a Shaymin.
The chance to work with, and try to help, such a Pokémon made my heart race with excitement. It kindled a feeling deep within me, one that I had not felt for the longest time. I have always wanted to help both people and Pokémon, but since my condition, this... curse, or whatever it happens to be that has transfigured me, I have chosen not to. I feel I have been given a new opportunity to do what I have always wanted, and always loved, to do.
I knew there and then that I must do my best, and so after a brief summary of the medical history of the patient, as well as an explanation of what exactly caused her infertility, I put every effort into describing and explaining my researches, how I hoped to help, and what the risks may be, but Shaymin seemed full of gratitude towards even the attempt to help. I bade farewell after the consult was concluded, and returned home.

~~~
Journal of Doctor Kai Russet; 10/04/2016 - Goldenrod City, Johto

The procedure took a long time, but went along with no unexpected complications. However, whether it was a success or not, we will be unable to determine until tomorrow.
I find myself feeling that I may wish to become a fully practising physician again. I gave up for a reason, but now I find the very reason I gave up may help more than hinder. I certainly very much hope that it helped in this case.

~~~
Journal of Doctor Kai Russet; 11/04/2016 - Goldenrod City, Johto

Today was the day we discovered if my researches will help. To see if our labour bore fruit, as it were.
There were no complications during the procedure, and a few routine tests led us the conclusion that it had been successful. Between magic, medicine and luck, Doctor Miller and myself cured Shaymin of her infertility.

~~~
Journal of Doctor Kai Russet; 12/04/2016 - Goldenrod City, Johto

I returned to meet Shaymin and Doctor Tyler today, and together we took the tests again to ensure that the cure had indeed worked. Shaymin seemed incredibly grateful for our help. She agreed, at my request, to allow me a rare gift, and was very patient as I gathered pollen from her flowers, as well as plucking a few quills from herself for me. Words could not express my gratitude that she would accept such an unreasonable request, but they were all I had to thank her with.
It is my hope that with these gifts, I will be able to study more types of mystical medicine to help people and Pokémon alike in the future.

~~~
Journal of Doctor Kai Russet; 13/04/2016 - Goldenrod City, Johto

It was raining this evening, for which I was very grateful, as I was unable to prevent myself from tearing up a little.
For reasons unknown to me at the time, for I did not pry, Shaymin has chosen to leave and return to her home, the Flower Paradise in Sinnoh. It is clear, however, that it was a difficult decision for both Shaymin and Doctor Miller. It was hard for myself also, though I feel my pain was not a speck compared to what theirs must have been.
I later discovered, through Doctor Miller confiding in me, that it was his refusal to help Shaymin start a family that caused her to leave.
I feel guilty, for it is due to my studies, my medicine, that Shaymin was cured. I feel at least partially at fault for her leaving. Between the awful things I did a few days ago and this, it seems that the relationship between Doctor Miller and myself is to be an unfortunately strained one. I have, however, made reservations at a local restaurant for tomorrow, in the sincere hope that Doctor Miller will be able to accompany me.
I do not believe I could take the place of a much beloved Shaymin, and nor will I try. I merely wish to attempt to make up for my first mistakes, and try to ease the hurt of losing Shaymin.

Archived