• Community Administrator

The Officer watched closely as Sophia moved over to Kaylaen, picking up an apple from the bowl before she moved over to the sofa and sat down. He seemed to gulp, unable to tear his eyes from her as she bit down into the apple. It seemed to lock him into place, as if she was a siren and he had been caught into her song. Kaylaen couldn’t blame the man. She seemed to instinctively know how to seduce her target, and draw them closer. It even made him want to move over to the sofa and sit next to her, but he resisted with all of his might.

He swallowed the last bite of his banana before he offered to the officer, “Why don’t you sit down for a little bit? This is still a new place to Sophia, and I’m sure it will comfort her.” He figured he would continue with the distressed damsel narrative, since it seemed to work so well for this officer. The man's partner, perhaps not so much. Kaylaen figured that he would be a lot easier to seduce for Sophia. Either way, his offer worked as the man absently nodded, not even glancing at Kaylaen as he made his way over to the sofa and sat himself down next to Sophia. He pretended to casually lean back, resting his arm on the back of the sofa behind Sophia. It would allow her to easily press herself against him if she so wanted. 

Kaylaen smirked, as that was exactly what he had hoped. He turned, pretending he hadn’t noticed as he threw the banana skin in the bin. He then disappeared into the bathroom where he kept his medicines, and took out enough headache pills for both him and Sophia. If she was feeling anything like he was right now, he imagined she would appreciate some painkillers. He emerged back out of the bathroom, going into the kitchen where he pulled down a glass and filled it with some water from the tap. He swallowed a couple of the pills along with the water before he went over to the sofa and sat down on the other side of Sophia, offering her the pills and water, “Here.” He offered.

Vector found himself dealing with a bit of a conundrum. On one hand, he could go check the chemical factory which’s label he found on the chemical components he had taken from those Leech agents not long ago. On the other hand, he was also very curious about that woman he met during his confrontation with those low level Leech operatives. The man took a few minutes to think and consider his options. Eventually, he decided to check for info on the mysterious woman, since striking against Leech in quick succession like that probably wasn’t a good idea. 

Still, Vector didn’t really know where to start. While he did see the woman’s face, he didn’t get her name or anything else by which to identify her. So he decided to begin by his first assumption about her being an undercover cop. He quickly picked up his laptop pc and booted it up. Before long, he was hacking his way through the city's police registration database. It took him quite some time to check every picture he could find there, but none of them matched the woman he was looking for. Feeling a bit lost, Vector then turned to the only other thing he knew about that woman: she was after Leech as well. The million dollar question was “why?”. Since he had been keeping his eyes out for any Leech activity ever since he arrived at the city, it was pretty safe to assume that whatever was driving her to fight against the organization was something that happened before he moved in. As such, he began to check for old news that could hint Leech’s involvement. While it is true that the list was a bit long, that was the best place for him to start.

While there were many articles talking about murders or smuggling inside the city, very few met the criteria to be even remotely considered Leech’s doing. Even so, some of them did catch his attention. One in particular was about a government worker whose entire family had been murdered, save for one person. It would have been very easy to simply ignore it as just another unfortunate piece of history, but the description of the wounds were too alike the organization’s modus operandi to ignore, once Vector investigated them a bit further, that is. Precise wounds inflicted on the neck to reduce the chances of the victim being able to call for help. Hard to believe a normal everyday smuck would be able to do this sort of thing. Especially considering that the victim worked for the government. Still not satisfied, Vector decided to investigate more. After some digging and code breaking, he found out the worker's identity: Charles Kingston. A man who worked for the Ashean Intelligence Service. That’s definitely someone who Leech would want out of their way. Unfortunately, Vector wasn’t able to find the survivor’s name, but it was pretty safe to assume she would be related to the Kingston family to some extent. He would keep that information in mind, should he meet her again.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Liliana arrived back home, parking her car in the garage and turning off the engine. She plucked her phone off of its stand, before picking up her laptop case and climbing out of the car. She closed the door, locking the vehicle behind her. With her heels clicking on the hard concrete, she stepped out the car and headed through the door into the main door. The hallway was lit, but as she paused to listen, it didn’t seem as if anyone was home. She was faintly relieved by that as she was somewhat expecting them to be there when she returned. She then remembered that her Aunt and Uncle were having a romantic evening out, while her cousin was spending the night over at a friends house. So it was likely that she would be along until a little later. With a small smile, Liliana ascended the stairs and headed to her room. She closed the door behind her, and placed her laptop bag on her desk as she looked around her room. It wasn’t a massive size, but it had a sizable desk with two monitors along with a computer underneath it along with a keyboard and mouse, a double bed and a sliding door wardrobe that room up the entirety of one wall. 

With a sigh, Liliana sat down at her desk chair and removed her high heels, before standing back up and wriggling out of her clothes. While she liked them, and liked how they made her look, they weren’t exactly designed for comfort. She placed the clothes in the dirty clothes hamper before picking up the shoes and slid open one side of the wardrobe to reveal various clothes hanging along with a shoe rack underneath it. This is where she placed her shoes before closing the sliding door and going over to her bed where she slipped on comfortable lounging clothes that consisted of some baggy black trousers and a loose white T-shirt. She then reached up and freed her hair from its confines and allowed the blonde locks to spill down her back.

She moved over to the desk and just as she sat down to remove her laptop, her phone began ringing. She answered it, switching it the loudspeaker. Just before she could say anything, Frank’s voice came over the speaker, 'I’ve got some information. It’s not much I’m afraid.'

“Oh?” Liliana asked as she pulled the laptop from her bag and settled it down before her after pushing her keyboard back to make room for it.

'The man you met. He appears to be a John Doe. Absolutely nothing on his identity. He doesn’t exist, at least on any kind of legal paper. But I have a suspicion that he’s the one that’s behind the murders of various Leech members. The wounds are extremely precise, marking him as an assassin. And from the way you described him, he sounded as if he could possess the skill set.' Frank said.

“That fucker!” Liliana said with a frown, “If he is, then he’s the reason I haven’t been able to get anything before now! Even then, he shot the guy before I could ask my own questions.” She grumbled a few choice curse words under her breath.

'That is assuming it is the same individual. Anyway, that was all I could find. Sorry I can’t find anything more for you. At least I got the other information for you. I’ll leave it dead drop seven, for you to pick up tomorrow morning. I’ll speak to you later.' He then hung up.

Liliana sighed, leaning her head against the headrest of her chair, shaking her head, “Dammit…” She muttered. It seemed as if tonight had been a complete waste of time for her. Not only did she not get her hands on the agent, but he had been killed before she had managed to get anything out of him. And it seemed that there was this mystery person killing off any other possible leads she could get. Whether it was from spite against Leech, or something else, was unclear. Either way, it annoyed her. Shaking her head, she looked at her laptop. After a moment, she shook her head and figured that it would be best to get some sleep. Pushing her chair back, she went into the main bathroom and readied herself for bed before returning and climbing into bed to try and sleep the night away.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
On 8/22/2020 at 3:57 AM, Neptune said:

The Officer watched closely as Sophia moved over to Kaylaen, picking up an apple from the bowl before she moved over to the sofa and sat down. He seemed to gulp, unable to tear his eyes from her as she bit down into the apple. It seemed to lock him into place, as if she was a siren and he had been caught into her song. Kaylaen couldn’t blame the man. She seemed to instinctively know how to seduce her target, and draw them closer. It even made him want to move over to the sofa and sit next to her, but he resisted with all of his might.

He swallowed the last bite of his banana before he offered to the officer, “Why don’t you sit down for a little bit? This is still a new place to Sophia, and I’m sure it will comfort her.” He figured he would continue with the distressed damsel narrative, since it seemed to work so well for this officer. The man's partner, perhaps not so much. Kaylaen figured that he would be a lot easier to seduce for Sophia. Either way, his offer worked as the man absently nodded, not even glancing at Kaylaen as he made his way over to the sofa and sat himself down next to Sophia. He pretended to casually lean back, resting his arm on the back of the sofa behind Sophia. It would allow her to easily press herself against him if she so wanted. 

Kaylaen smirked, as that was exactly what he had hoped. He turned, pretending he hadn’t noticed as he threw the banana skin in the bin. He then disappeared into the bathroom where he kept his medicines, and took out enough headache pills for both him and Sophia. If she was feeling anything like he was right now, he imagined she would appreciate some painkillers. He emerged back out of the bathroom, going into the kitchen where he pulled down a glass and filled it with some water from the tap. He swallowed a couple of the pills along with the water before he went over to the sofa and sat down on the other side of Sophia, offering her the pills and water, “Here.” He offered.

Sophia's heart started to pound faster as she watched the officer made his way over to the seat right next to her. His intentions weren't subtle at all as he placed his arm behind her. This was good, though. She'd managed to coax him into making a simple advance over her body as his territory. And if he started to get particularly territorial over her, then it could certainly make for a very fun competition in a few minutes... If she played her cards right, she might be able to even make Kaylaen a little jealous~. Of course, right now her goal was still to continue stroking this man's ego. He wasn't going to get possessive if he wasn't led to think he had some claim on her, after all. So, with his arm around her, and Kaylaen out of the room, she eagerly scooted her plump bottom over so that her thigh was touching the officer's and gently leaned her head over to rest on his shoulder. "I hope you don't mind, do you? I'm a little tired and you feel so warm~" She snuggled up to him. Unfortunately, she didn't have the charm of any sort of perfume to aid her at the moment, just the standard smell of the hotel's shampoo. Still though, the shampoo wasn't cheap being from a five-star hotel, so it still gave her a fresh, flowery scent. Keeping his attention on her shouldn't be difficult either way. "So, officer... I suppose if you're going to be keeping me company, I should probably have your name, right?" She let out a soft giggle before smiling up at him. "It's okay if you're a little nervous. It might have been a while since you've been so close to a pretty girl~" She practically purred the words once again. "Don't worry, I'll offer my name first if you like, my name is Sophia, but you can shorten it however you see fit, but I'm counting on you to remember my name~ Can you do that for me?" She may have been coming on a bit strong too fast, but she was getting antsier by the second and this man seemed to already be caught under her spell. Hopefully she wasn't going too fast as to break his interest in her. 

As Kaylaen returned to the room, he would find Sophia snuggled up a bit more to the man as she'd subtly moved further and further into his space until she was practically sitting in his lap, still holding the bitten apple in her hand. Her eye contact with the man was broken as Kay offered her the pills and water. "Ah! Thank you!" She sat up a bit and swallowed the pills, taking a sip of the water and strategically allowing some of the water to spill from the corner of her mouth, just to add some extra fanservice for her audience as the beat of water rolled down her neck and sparkled along the crease of her cleavage. Hopefully the pills would take effect before long so that she could really enjoy the action. As she sat up, she took another bite of her apple and offered a sly smirk to Kay before leaning back over and snuggling back into the officer's shoulder.

• Love 1

The most interesting thing in the world is how people will actively seek out the deepest corners in a building for "isolation", and be surprised when they are cornered in that exact spot. On a normal day, this place would have been the last building you would find a certain Aaron Cote III, but then again, what constituted a normal day was quite flimsy in a continent with actual kitsune and the like. There was one target on his mind, today, however, and that was the instructor known as Lydia, thankfully easy to identify by the ungodly stack of books over in the furthest corner of the library. Now the hard part, navigating this dank hellscape.

A good 15 minutes later, Aaron had decided that whoever designed this library needed to be punted off a blimp directly into Mount Vesuvius, and their charred corpse immediately put into a hydraulic press, so as to never create another abomination such as this horrid building. Nevertheless, he had finally made it to the corner of the woman he had only heard rumors of, making a point to look directly into those piercing green eyes. Damn, she could have easily passed as a student, which worked out pretty well for him.

"You must be Lydia Cransworth... Doing a bit of research, I see. They have those quiet rooms if you need a dedicated space for this, unless you like random men walking up to you and making snide comments about the stack of books." The former stockbroker would open with an intentionally jumbled sentence, figuring that forced awkwardness would be the easiest way to get the ball rolling. God, had it really been long enough since his last "excursion" that he had lost the groove? Well, there was always time to practice, and it just so happened to be now. Taking a seat across from the history instructor, he would begin reading the spines of the books, admittedly curious as to what had brought her here.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
On 15/07/2020 at 20:19, Neptune said:

Alvina squeaked a little in surprise when she heard Evelyn’s voice. She looked over at the other woman and her cheeks seemed to grow even brighter. She closed her eyes, shaking her head before she buried her face in her hands, “Ugh, I’m an idiot, Evelyn. I went in there to help him with the dryer since he couldn’t work out how to get it functioning but… I accidentally saw him naked.” She lowered her hands and looked at Evelyn, her eyebrows creasing in concern,

“I’m never going to be able to look him in the eye, ever again. And I’m pretty sure he was as embarrassed as I was. The poor guy was hiding himself. He definitely did not want me seeing him like that, and I don’t blame him.” Alvina said, looking distraught before sighing deeply, “Man, I’m a fucking idiot…” She repeated.

*Evelyn raised one of her eyebrows in surprise at Alvina's reaction to seeing a man naked, a reaction she thought a bit extreme. Then again, what would she know? She hung around a literal nymphomaniac so seeing people naked on a regular basis was an ordinary occurrence for her. Still, seeing Alvina like this over something so small and insignificant bothered her. Sure, the girl was naive and overly protected but that wasn't exactly a reason not to at least try to calm her down a bit.*

"Why are you calling yourself an idiot over something like that?" Evelyn asked, wondering if Alvina could be calmed down by focusing on something else. "It's not like you intentionally went in there to have an 'inspection'. You could not have avoided seeing something like that, from the sounds of it. This is not something to dwell on in such a way. There's no point calling yourself an idiot over this."

*Evelyn moved a bit closer to Alvina to see if she was going to be alright. She honestly hoped this girl wasn't going to dwell on this 'failure' all day. Meanwhile, in the actual laundry room, David was huddled in his little hiding place behind the dryer trying not to make a scene. Well, he already made one by accident already. He didn't exactly want a repeat performance so he was sitting on the floor...which was a bit cold to be honest. Anyway, he was just glad that Alvina was no longer in the room as she really didn't seem to like what she saw. Couldn't exactly blame her, he thought to himself, there wasn't exactly much to look at.*

• Like 1

Lydia had been so engrossed in the book that she was reading that she had completely missed the fact that someone was approaching her table. It wasn’t until she saw a flicker of movement and instinctively looked up, straightening in surprise when she saw a tall and rather handsome man approaching her table. She blinked, allowing her surprise to flicker across her face before she leaned back. The man moved with a purposeful step, as if he was intentionally coming over to her corner and not merely wandering around the labyrinth of books. His words startled her and she blinked at him for a moment, not entirely sure what to say. She watched, a little flabbergasted as he sat himself down, looking as if he was getting himself quite comfortable. 

Her fingers drummed on the book she was reading a little nervously, not sure what to make of this stranger. Finally she asked, “I assume you got my name from the University?” She glanced at the piles of books that littered the table, “And I know there are quiet rooms. I decided not to rent one out… this isn’t my research project. I’m just helping someone, so I didn’t feel the need to get one of the study rooms…” She paused for a moment, looking back up at him, “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name?” She wanted to ask what he was doing so far back in the library, but wasn’t sure if it would have been rude to ask. 

Alvina looked up at Evelyn, still looking distraught. The other woman had a good point, but she still couldn’t help but to feel terribly embarrassed, “I-I know! It’s just… while I’ve had sex before, I’ve never been around a naked man. I’m just really worried that he’s going to think really badly of me… like I’m some kind of pervert. One of those nasty kinds. I’m worried that I really embarrassed him as well…” She hung her head again with a soft sigh. 

She reached up, rubbing her forehead to try and stave off a headache she could feel building. She would need to find a way to apologise to David and explain that she didn’t mean to see him like that, nor did she mean to embarrass him. She would have to find some way to make it up to him. After all, she didn’t want him to think that she was super weird, because she wasn’t. And she didn’t want him to feel awkward around her, either. No doubt he already felt awkward enough because he just had sex with her mother. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Location: On the streets, not far from Blackberry Falls Police Station.

One of the large double doors opened, and a new face, and also new resident stepped out. All in all, his day wasn't so bad. He got accepted as a citizen, got to exchange his coins for the local currency, and now even had one of those useful ID cards, a wallet, and a smartphone. True, he did need probably a few more hours before he fully understood that last one, but it would not trouble him for now. Besides. He had other things to focus on. Finding a place to live at, and a place to work at. Right now his funds were limited. If his money was worth so much here, maybe one of those apartments was a good start. Only issue was, where exactly are any? Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed someone. Probably just one of the locals. Not sure who else to ask, he started heading to them.

Nolan's steps weren't exactly rushed, but not a walking pace either. But before he got too close, he spoke up. "Sorry to bother you." he said, and raised an arm to draw their attention to him. Since first impressions mattered, he put on a modest smile and put some effort into his voice. "Do you have a minute? I'm new around here and don't know where to find a place to rent." He'd worry about a job later. Some place to return to in time of need came first.

Edited by Lusterless Nova
  • Like 1

Location: On the streets, not far from Blackberry Falls Police Station

Thaene grumbled to himself as his phone beeped at him, telling him that he had a text. Hoping that it was a customer, he pulled his phone from his pocket and looked at it, but it was only his grandmother asking how his job search was going. He rolled his eyes, tilting his head back as he sighed deeply. He had been moving around for several hours, picking up several job application forms, but most were asking for an actual CV. One of the main problems he had, was that most were clearly unwilling to hire him due to his criminal history. It was going to be even harder to find somewhere to rent, and someone willing to rent with him. 

He quickly replied that he had a few applications and that he was still looking. Just as he hit send, he heard someone apologising for bothering him. He looked up and looked over to see a young male with blue hair. At the question, he couldn’t help but to snort in amusement as he shoved his phone into his pocket, “Depends on what your budget is, really. The best place to look would be an estate agent… although go online. Then you won’t have an agent trying to force you to rent a place that’s totally out of your budget.” He said, before turning fully to face the other, “Just moved to Ashaea? Where do you come from?” He asked.

• Love 1

On the bright side, Nolan had found someone who was willing to give him a few pointers. On the not so bright one, he understood exactly half of what he was told. "On line?" he though while a puzzled expression showed just how surprised he was. True. He should have seen problems like this coming. The guy's question however probably gave him a good opportunity to form a similar expression on his face. "Funny story. Did you see the bright flash of blue a few hours ago?" He pointed behind him with his thumb, then continued to give him an abridged version of his story. A world traveler who found himself here now.

"So... Basically, yes. I did kinda move here and now have a "temporary Visa" I think it was called." Knowing how absurd his story would sound to most people, he quickly added. "And just in case, consider that from my perspective, you live in a world where the main export good are big blackberries, yet monsters live not so far from here, and your world is connected through these things. Normal is relative." He held up the phone he managed to buy off the police officers. For him, this little thing was more magic than logic. "But... To answer your question..." He leaned onto his side and looked to the ground, trying to do some quick math about the prices for food he saw. "I think I have about 300 Dollars as budged for living. More if a museum pays me well. Where does that get me?" Nolan then looked up at him, trying to read his expressions and smaller gestures. Especially because he was new here and alone, it wouldn't hurt him to pay attention to smaller details. Suspicion may not be polite, but in small doses, it was often justified.

Edited by Lusterless Nova
  • Like 1

When he was asked about the blue flash, Thaene raised an eyebrow before he shook his head slightly. He certainly didn’t recall seeing a bright blue flash. It was possible that he was in a building at the time it happened. He had been in and out of them for the last few hours. As the man moved on to point out the strangeness of the city that they were in, Thaene couldn’t help but to chuckle a little. He certainly couldn’t disagree with him. Normality was relative. At his final question, Thaene rubbed the back of his neck as he frowned thoughtfully,

“Er… well, first off… no, I didn’t see a blue flash. I’ve been all over the place for the last few hours.” He glanced at the phone that the man had held up before looking back at him, “I can’t disagree that this is a weird place. But I’ve learnt to live here pretty well. Although for three hundred bucks? You ain’t going to get much. Unless you’re alright with renting off a shady as fuck dude who will look for any excuse to screw you over. You might be able to get a place with a roommate, and still have a little bit left over for utilities. I assume by the fact that you said that you have a temporary visa, that you have no job? Good luck finding someone that will rent unless you’ve got some other kind of income.” He then snorted and said sarcastically, “Welcome to the world of adulting.”

Brighton seemed to mellow out as Evelyn giggled and, furthermore, when she smiled up at him. The offer that the man proposed was simply out of friendship. However, he wasn't entirely sure that is what the two could classify each other as such. His smile returned, and he seemed to be back to his calm stature as they sat at the table. This girl was as calm as a cucumber it seemed, and Brighton was glad that she hadn't offered even a scoff at his mistake. Truth be told, he was still tired even after getting his coffee as it hadn't started to set in yet. It was entirely possible that he wouldn't snap out of his groggy state, but dammit, he was going to try.

He perked back up at her response to his question. His head started to list to the left slightly as she admitted to the method of what she preferred to drink. He noted how she preferred it, and nodded at the sound of strong and sweet. He gave a light, single snort of laughter at the notion of no one touching what she drank. Her question received a bit of silence as he was thinking of a response. He gingerly cleared his throat. "I prefer mine to be white chocolate mocha if I have to drink coffee." He mused a bit before continuing. "I don't drink coffee unless I am exhausted or if it happens to be cold or chilly out. I suppose that I co-." BZzzzzt! The sound of his phone buzzing cut him off. "Oh my, excuse me for one moment, my dear." He lifted his phone and looked at the screen as his eyes darted back and forth. It seemed that he was quite the reader from how fast his eyes were moving. 

After a few moments of reading, there was a click, and he put the phone away. "I apologize for the sudden email I received here. There is a big case that is coming up that I am assigned to after I complete my testing." He smiled rather brightly. "Though I would rather not go down the conversation of that topic as I am sure you would find it dull."

Edited by Lawless Lawyer
Needed location
  • Love 1

• 5 weeks later...

Evelyn nodded approvingly for his choice of drink. While she wasn’t one to drink a mocha, she certainly approved of the white chocolate, her favourite kind. It was a shame that this café didn’t have a white chocolate hot chocolate drink, otherwise she would have gone with that instead of the standard chocolate. She had a tub of white hot chocolate in her dorm, hidden away in her closet. She needed to get more, but she wondered if Brighton would like it. She blinked when he was interrupted by his phone buzzing. Her smile widened when he once again called her ‘dear’, rather liking the endearing term. Her gaze lingered on him as he looked at his phone quite intently, clearly very interested in whatever message he had received.

She was still smiling when he returned his attention back to her and apologised for the interruption, “Don’t worry about it. If it’s something important, it’s important. A conversation about coffee can wait.” She grinned almost cheekily at him before she added, “Plus, I imagine you’re not allowed to talk about your cases. Need to know basis and such… or is that just something television lawyers do? As you can tell, I have little to no knowledge as to how that kind of stuff works. I’ve never gotten on the wrong side of the law before, and I’m not really intending to.”

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
On 23/09/2020 at 14:36, Neptune said:

Alvina looked up at Evelyn, still looking distraught. The other woman had a good point, but she still couldn’t help but to feel terribly embarrassed, “I-I know! It’s just… while I’ve had sex before, I’ve never been around a naked man. I’m just really worried that he’s going to think really badly of me… like I’m some kind of pervert. One of those nasty kinds. I’m worried that I really embarrassed him as well…” She hung her head again with a soft sigh. 

She reached up, rubbing her forehead to try and stave off a headache she could feel building. She would need to find a way to apologise to David and explain that she didn’t mean to see him like that, nor did she mean to embarrass him. She would have to find some way to make it up to him. After all, she didn’t want him to think that she was super weird, because she wasn’t. And she didn’t want him to feel awkward around her, either. No doubt he already felt awkward enough because he just had sex with her mother. 

*It was then that Alvina revealed the most likely reason she was so distraught and acting so wildly, she was just inexperienced and worried that she left a bad impression. Evelyn doubted her words were going to do much to save the situation but she felt she couldn't just do nothing and let things be. In truth, Evelyn had looked into a few of the applications and thus applicants for the position David now had. Yes, she had also read David's application and from the impression she got from it, the guy wasn't the type to think badly of a person who caught him in a compromising position. It be much more likely that he find some way to blame themselves for the matter. She also doubted that he would care or even think that much about whether Alvina was a pervert or not. Given what she read, he would probably come up with some roundabout way to make himself look bad.*

"Alvina, to be honest, I think he'd be thinking along the same lines as you, roles reversed of course." Evelyn said to Alvina. "From what I've read about him, he's a lot like you in some ways so I wouldn't be so hung up on what happened."

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

“Don’t get so hung up on it? Evelyn! I violated his privacy!” Alvina said, distressed. She then sighed, and shook her head. There was no point; Evelyn clearly didn’t understand. There was no doubt in her mind that David must be feeling bad himself. But his clothes were in the wash; what could he do? There was nothing. She was the one that had been aware that he was naked and yet she had let her guard down enough that she had seen him when he had been trying to keep himself covered. She crossed her arms across her chest and stared off down the corridor, chewing on the inside of her cheek, wondering how poor David was doing in there. She resisted the urge to knock on the door and ask; if he wanted her help again, he would call for her.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2020 at 06:57, Neptune said:

Evelyn nodded approvingly for his choice of drink. While she wasn’t one to drink a mocha, she certainly approved of the white chocolate, her favourite kind. It was a shame that this café didn’t have a white chocolate hot chocolate drink, otherwise she would have gone with that instead of the standard chocolate. She had a tub of white hot chocolate in her dorm, hidden away in her closet. She needed to get more, but she wondered if Brighton would like it. She blinked when he was interrupted by his phone buzzing. Her smile widened when he once again called her ‘dear’, rather liking the endearing term. Her gaze lingered on him as he looked at his phone quite intently, clearly very interested in whatever message he had received.

She was still smiling when he returned his attention back to her and apologised for the interruption, “Don’t worry about it. If it’s something important, it’s important. A conversation about coffee can wait.” She grinned almost cheekily at him before she added, “Plus, I imagine you’re not allowed to talk about your cases. Need to know basis and such… or is that just something television lawyers do? As you can tell, I have little to no knowledge as to how that kind of stuff works. I’ve never gotten on the wrong side of the law before, and I’m not really intending to.”

Brighton nodded his head at her quip about the discussion of cases. "Well, in some aspects, I am allowed to discuss certain aspects of it. Not everything, mind you." He paused as he ingested more of his coffee. "I am able to discuss the overall arc of the case. What it's about and smaller litigation aspects. For example, the case I am currently working on pertains to a lawsuit that regards a specific patent that is being contested over two parties. It's essentially over who the actual creator of the patent is and who should get the designing rights." He explained as he looked into Evelyn's eyes. He got lost for a moment before coming back. "Though you may not enjoy the details of the item in question as it has a much more...how do I say this nicely..." He paused as he blushed rather darkly as he thought about the item. "Mature...use in nature." He finally admitted.

The lawyer cleared his throat as he admired her long hair. It seems he appreciated her beauty in some regards. He cleared his throat again, turning his head to the side a bit to help clear his dry throat. "My apologies, Evelyn." He stated cordially. "I seem to be getting lost in your looks." He flirted casually. Brighton wasn't used to sitting down with a woman. Due to his constant need to be following his studies, he hadn't been able to take the time to learn how to socialize with women. "Your eyes are very pretty and your hair is gorgeous." He noted

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Evelyn tilted her head as she listened intently to him explaining that while he couldn’t talk about details, he could give an overarching description of the case. Normally, such a discussion was a snoozefest for her, but his deep and enticing voice kept her attention, even as it soothed. As he explained that the patent was something of a product that had a mature use, she stared at him blankly for a moment before she realised what he had just meant. She couldn’t stop the giggle from escaping her, “Ohhh~! I get you, now. Well, that sounds like a fun court case to be involved in.” She giggled a little more, unable to help herself. How could people sit there, talking seriously about such a thing? She knew she couldn’t. Perhaps it’s just as well she wasn’t a lawyer. There was no way she would be able to remain professional. 

At his flirting, a smile curved on the corners of her lips as her cheeks flushed slightly, pleased by the casual flirting. At his comments about her eyes and hair, she seemed to visibly preen and the blush deepened, “Thank you. I try and take good care of my hair, and I work hard to make sure it’s as pretty as it can.” She then smiled back at him and told him, “You’re pretty handsome yourself. Although I have to say… that while you’re quite attractive, your voice is just… sexy. So deep and soothing. I certainly have no problem with listening to more of it…” She gave him a sultry smile, and casually winked at him hoping that her interest in him was obvious. 

• Like 1

The lawyer couldn't help but blush a bit at her giggling of what the patent was. Truth be told, he didn't want this case in particular. However, everyone has a price, or so they say, and Brighton was not about to give up the chunk of cash he was offered. He smiled a bit at her faint interest in the case. Yet, he was still a smidge embarrassed by the subject matter. "Aha, yeah..." He started to speak sheepishly. "I would like to think so, but being what the patent is about, we have to tiptoe in the courtroom." He rubbed the back of his head gently. " Certain protocols must be upheld, and with what it's about, it's proving very difficult for both lawyers."

When she flirted back, his already apparent blush started to darken even more. No one had ever complimented his deep voice. He was already picking up on the fact that she had an interest in him, and it made him allured to her as well. Gathering himself, he told her, "Thank you for the compliment. I haven't had my voice appraised in such a manner." His lips parted to show his gleaming white teeth in a pleasant grin. "I could return the favor of us talking for hours. Seems like we both are very interested in each other, are we not?" He focused his own voice to be as sultry as hers, but the soothing tones of it threw that off.

• Love 1

Evelyn grinned to herself as she saw his cheeks darken as his blush became more pronounced. He looked very cute when he blushed like that, and she felt quite pleased with herself that she had made him blush like that. She had never really thought herself as one to really flirt or desire to get this reaction out of someone, but there was something that drew her to Brighton. She was even more pleased when he expressed interest in talking for hours, indicating that he enjoyed her company. She leaned slightly forwards, giving him a sweet smile as she drank in his appearance.

She then said, “Well, you did offer for us to go back to yours for some more coffee. That seems like a perfect place to chat, and for me to listen to your amazing voice. I’m certainly not busy for the rest of the day. So if you’re free, it seems a more ideal place to talk than this coffee shop. Certainly a lot quieter and… private.” Her grin widened even further at that, and she watched him closely to see what kind of reaction she would get with her suggestive statement. She honestly didn’t expect anything to take that kind of turn so soon, but it was fun to play with Brighton. Not that she would complain if things did.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Evelyn had pushed all of his buttons in all the right, or wrong, depending on how one were to view it, ways. The lawyer had never been one to flirt successfully, nor had he been able to pick up when a girl was flirting with him. The girl who sat across from him had a different aura about her and piqued his interest. He had plenty of stories to tell her from cases in America that would take a bit to get through. Evelyn would have all the time in the world to listen to his voice. Being a lawyer, Brighton also had an affinity to speak. So this was fine to him. 

The man's eyes went wide at her suggestion, and his face darkened with his blush. He swallowed hard as he rubbed the back of his head. "W-Well, I sure wouldn't mind that. I have a case story that would take a lot of time to talk about." He cleared his throat, and Brighton gave a slight shudder. He was getting very worked up with her antics. His reaction may be what she desired to witness. Was it getting hot in here, or was that his blush? He realized that he didn't give a definitive answer, so he nodded. "Yes, I would love to take you to my place so we could have more coffee and talk." He internally sighed, giving her a very sheepish smile. Good going idiot, you aren't very smooth when you are worked up. The thoughts rang out in his head. But she doesn't seem to mind this, so don't mess it up! 

• Love 1

• 1 year later...

(OOC: I'm so sorry about the long delay due to issues IRL and burnout. I hope we can still continue things as I am really enjoying this RP)

Evelyn’s smile widened even further when he seemed to fluster, clearly not having expected her to be so eager to take up his offer. She was very pleased that her first real attempt to flirt and get closer to a guy was going very well and it made her feel much more confident. She had expected to be a lot clumsier due to her general lack of experience. She had never had a boyfriend that had gone further than a kiss, and even then they were the ones that pursued her rather than the other way around. 

“Alright, then. Let’s go. Do you have a car, or shall I drive us?” Evelyn asked, tilting her head slightly at him. She was certainly eager to sit and listen to more of his sexy voice. She figured that if the two continued as well as they were and Brighton was as interested as she was, she would repay the favour some time by inviting him to her dorm room and showing off some of her cosplaying outfits. Perhaps even modelling them for him. Her mind went a little off track with that thought, but she mentally checked herself, reminding herself not to get too ahead of herself. While she had never felt herself ready with her previous boyfriends, she knew she was at the stage where she knew she was ready but she wanted to be sure of his mutual interest. Besides, he could indeed be the type that would not want that kind of intimacy so early on which was fine, she would wait especially if it meant that he could whisper sweet nothings into her ear in his deep, alluring voice.

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up