• Senior Staff
On 3/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, Manni said:

*It was only then that Cassandra realised that she had forgotten to introduce herself, which was considered normal manners or protocol. While she didn't usually care one way or another about niceities like that as she could ill afford them, there was something about Alez that made Cassie reconsider remaining unknown to her. It also helped that it was most likely the case that they would need to fight together soon so at least being on some grounds of familarity would be advantageous. Though for Cassandra, working alone had its benefits even if she didn't like it. For one, at least no one would seemingly care if she died and that she wouldn't have someone else's death on her conscience. Clearing her throat, she looked at Alez and started to speak.*

"Alez...you said your name was? I apologise for not introducing myself earlier, I'm not actually used to doing so. Please excuse my rudness My name is Cassandra though you can call me any variation of that." Cassandra replied. "Now, as you were saying, you were suggesting you could track him down faster?"

*Now Cassandra was wondering what the woman could mean by what she said. She looked human but by the sounds of it, this Alez might not be human. It didn't bother Cassandra one bit though, she wasn't really human herself...or mortal for that matter.*

Alez was relieved to hear Cassandra finally introduce herself. It at least showed that this woman had some sort of etiquette. Maybe she just wasn't used to interacting with others in a friendly manner. She did appear to be all alone, after all. Perhaps she lived a bit of a lonely life. If she wasn't a celestial, then she could understand how one could feel such a way. Alez was grateful to have the ability to return to Coelis any time she needed. She couldn't imagine life without Lady Caelisia's loving embrace... It was easy to pity someone like Cassandra. There was no wonder she seemed so stressed. But there was no sense in acting apologetic right now. It was clear that the last thing Cassandra wanted at the moment was pity. 

Cassandra was a beautiful name, fitting to the woman's face. The name was a bit of a mouthful, though. She offered for her to use any variation of the name. She'd have to come up with something shorter sooner or later. But now clearly wasn't the time for idle chatter. Cassandra quickly brought the conversation back on the topic of tracking Mr. Enron and asked for her to elaborate. Alez just nodded in confirmation. "Yes, but he is not to be killed. I don't think highly of him, but as an intelligent being, he bears a right to a chance to redeem himself. He had some sort of demonic aura, I could feel it... If I can get a good hit on him, I think I should be able to disconnect him from whatever demon is assisting him. If I help you find him, then I might need your help to get close enough to do that. Do we have a deal?"  Alez extended her hand out to Cassandra again. It was up to this woman whether or not she accepted the deal. Although Alez spoke confidently, she really lacked the real confidence in her heart to back it up. If she was being honest, she really had no idea if she could track Mr. Enron any faster than this woman could, but she had an idea. If she could slip away from Cassandra for long enough to take on her ethereal form, she should be able to feel his aura and track him down using that. In truth, she really just felt like she needed an ally like Cassandra to help her in case she got herself into trouble again. After all, as much as she hated to admit it, had Cassandra not stepped in when she did, Alez probably would have gotten raped, eaten alive, or worse by that thing Sam had transformed into...

• Senior Staff
On 20/03/2019 at 11:10, Aura said:

Alez was relieved to hear Cassandra finally introduce herself. It at least showed that this woman had some sort of etiquette. Maybe she just wasn't used to interacting with others in a friendly manner. She did appear to be all alone, after all. Perhaps she lived a bit of a lonely life. If she wasn't a celestial, then she could understand how one could feel such a way. Alez was grateful to have the ability to return to Coelis any time she needed. She couldn't imagine life without Lady Caelisia's loving embrace... It was easy to pity someone like Cassandra. There was no wonder she seemed so stressed. But there was no sense in acting apologetic right now. It was clear that the last thing Cassandra wanted at the moment was pity. 

Cassandra was a beautiful name, fitting to the woman's face. The name was a bit of a mouthful, though. She offered for her to use any variation of the name. She'd have to come up with something shorter sooner or later. But now clearly wasn't the time for idle chatter. Cassandra quickly brought the conversation back on the topic of tracking Mr. Enron and asked for her to elaborate. Alez just nodded in confirmation. "Yes, but he is not to be killed. I don't think highly of him, but as an intelligent being, he bears a right to a chance to redeem himself. He had some sort of demonic aura, I could feel it... If I can get a good hit on him, I think I should be able to disconnect him from whatever demon is assisting him. If I help you find him, then I might need your help to get close enough to do that. Do we have a deal?"  Alez extended her hand out to Cassandra again. It was up to this woman whether or not she accepted the deal. Although Alez spoke confidently, she really lacked the real confidence in her heart to back it up. If she was being honest, she really had no idea if she could track Mr. Enron any faster than this woman could, but she had an idea. If she could slip away from Cassandra for long enough to take on her ethereal form, she should be able to feel his aura and track him down using that. In truth, she really just felt like she needed an ally like Cassandra to help her in case she got herself into trouble again. After all, as much as she hated to admit it, had Cassandra not stepped in when she did, Alez probably would have gotten raped, eaten alive, or worse by that thing Sam had transformed into...

*Little did Alez know how close to the truth her guess was that Cassandra was all alone in the universe and how deeply that cut Cassandra. Cassandra was not one to reveal such things though to anyone, least that be the end of her. Not that the end of Cassandra's own life meant anything in the great scheme of things, given her unique circumstances. Not that she would even divulge those to anyone by choice. Despite being a wanderer that tried to do the 'right' thing (if such a thing existed) by those she met, the cold reality was that her actual purpose in life ran completely counter to what she actually did. She was effectively denying her purpose with each act she did, though that was her conscious decision. She was not about to let anyone, not even the being that put her in this position, determine what she did...grand purpose or not. Though...strictly speaking, it took a heavy toll on her. Having to actively fight against her reason of being was tiring, even if it was to benefit everyone including herself. Of course, she would hope to never have to reveal what her actual purpose in life was or have it revealed for her. She preferred to live as if what she was doing now was her reason to be, even if she was essentially lying to herself and the universe. Cassandra looked at Alez and wondered what the girl could be planning with what she said. She was getting the impression that Alez was thinking that Mr Enron was under demonic influence and was perhaps possessed so that exorcising him might work. Now, Cassandra did not know whether Mr Enron was possessed or not as she had not met him. What information she had gathered herself seemed to indicate that Mr Enron was doing this out of his own will and judgement, though obviously he had no real idea of whom they were messing with. Still, this girl seemed insistent on trying to 'save' Mr Enron. Now Cassandra would be the last person to condemn anyone for attempting to 'save' anyone from themselves, given that is effectively what she has been doing all this time.*

"I see. Well, I will do my best to protect you while you go about your attempt." Cassandra replied, gently taking the girl's hand into her own.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
On 3/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, Manni said:

*Little did Alez know how close to the truth her guess was that Cassandra was all alone in the universe and how deeply that cut Cassandra. Cassandra was not one to reveal such things though to anyone, least that be the end of her. Not that the end of Cassandra's own life meant anything in the great scheme of things, given her unique circumstances. Not that she would even divulge those to anyone by choice. Despite being a wanderer that tried to do the 'right' thing (if such a thing existed) by those she met, the cold reality was that her actual purpose in life ran completely counter to what she actually did. She was effectively denying her purpose with each act she did, though that was her conscious decision. She was not about to let anyone, not even the being that put her in this position, determine what she did...grand purpose or not. Though...strictly speaking, it took a heavy toll on her. Having to actively fight against her reason of being was tiring, even if it was to benefit everyone including herself. Of course, she would hope to never have to reveal what her actual purpose in life was or have it revealed for her. She preferred to live as if what she was doing now was her reason to be, even if she was essentially lying to herself and the universe. Cassandra looked at Alez and wondered what the girl could be planning with what she said. She was getting the impression that Alez was thinking that Mr Enron was under demonic influence and was perhaps possessed so that exorcising him might work. Now, Cassandra did not know whether Mr Enron was possessed or not as she had not met him. What information she had gathered herself seemed to indicate that Mr Enron was doing this out of his own will and judgement, though obviously he had no real idea of whom they were messing with. Still, this girl seemed insistent on trying to 'save' Mr Enron. Now Cassandra would be the last person to condemn anyone for attempting to 'save' anyone from themselves, given that is effectively what she has been doing all this time.*

"I see. Well, I will do my best to protect you while you go about your attempt." Cassandra replied, gently taking the girl's hand into her own.

Alez nodded and shook hands with Cassandra to cement their agreement, though Cassandra's phrasing did leave a bit more to be desired. Alez could only suppose her front of condience simply wasn't realistic enough to have the woman totally convinced. Really, though, how could she hope to convince someone else when she wasn't even totally convinced herself? It was true that she also didn't know for sure that Mr. Enron had any sort of demonic influence at all, but at the very least, there was something sinister about his presence and he had certainly come into contact with a demonic entity at some point. If he wasn't being possessed then he was likely a follower. With any luck, she may be able to reason with him if she could get him cornered without help from his horde of demons. Although Alez simply couldn't fathom how any human could possibly willingly support a demon, though she also knew just how manipulative and seductive a demon could be. After all, this was the second time she'd been defeated by one. She would have to be more careful with this encounter. There was no way she was going to allow this to end in a third.

"Alright, wait here." Alez suggested, releasing Cassandra's hand. She quickly ran out of the room and  hid around the corner, presumably out of sight from Cassandra. She took a deep breath and before long, the physical presence of her body began to vanish. Although, due to Cassandra's divine nature, she would be able to see Alez even in her ethereal form if she laid eyes on her. Normally, she was invisible to any mortal except those whom she allowed to see her, but divine entities and demons alike were capable of seeing her at all times, as inconvenient as it may be. Now that she was in her ethereal form, though, she could freely glide down through the walls and floors of the building, trying to pick up on Mr. Enron's trail. Surely the demonic presence that surrounded him wouldn't have been left behind, or at the very least, such a trail would lead her to something significant, even if not Mr. Enron himself. She also circled the perimiter of the building in search of any fancy vehicles that could potentially belong to Mr. Enron. If he chose to drive a car, she was sure it would be quite out of place considering his lavish lifestyle. 

• Love 1

• Senior Staff

*As Alez looked for signs of Mr Enron in the building and the surrounding area, she would note that there appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary out the building. Everything seemed pretty 'normal' as far as normal goes for beings like here. There were not many people on the streets at this hour, unless they had business being out this late. In this kind of neigbourhood, one would be wise to keep one's head down and doors locked...especially at night. Alez wouldn't be able to sense anything weird out there at the moment, as there wasn't anything to sense out there. She would also see that there was a private underground and secure carpark under the building that Alez and Cassie were in. If Alez looked there, she would find his car there and see that he hadn't been to it yet. It seemed that he hadn't left the building at all! Yet, if she looked around for him 'normally', she would never find him! Though obviously Alez' search method was FAR from normal so she would be able to find something. In fact, she would find something totally abnormal! In the back area, where her pendant and other valuables were stored, there was something very strange back there. Alez would be able to sense that Mr Enron and SOMETHING else was there. In that room where that computer and servers were, she would be able to sense something obviously wrong there. However, unlike other places, she would not be able to see into the room. It was as if there was some giant blot in the room, blocking her from seeing the content of the room. Perhaps this would suggest to her that some really evil thing was in the room, a powerful thing. Hopefully, this would dissuade her from entering the room. At the same time, Cassandra was waiting in Mr Enron's office, wondering where Alez had gone off to. She felt some sort of magical 'phenomenon' occur outside the office, just around the corner. Cassandra had the idea that Alez had done something to make her scouting easier, though she hoped that whatever that girl did, Alez would still be careful. Cassandra hoped the girl would note run straight into a fight, given what she had seen of Alez' capacity to fight. Then again, perhaps the girl was tired or conserving energy or perhaps faking it.*

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Senior Staff
7 hours ago, Manni said:

*As Alez looked for signs of Mr Enron in the building and the surrounding area, she would note that there appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary out the building. Everything seemed pretty 'normal' as far as normal goes for beings like here. There were not many people on the streets at this hour, unless they had business being out this late. In this kind of neigbourhood, one would be wise to keep one's head down and doors locked...especially at night. Alez wouldn't be able to sense anything weird out there at the moment, as there wasn't anything to sense out there. She would also see that there was a private underground and secure carpark under the building that Alez and Cassie were in. If Alez looked there, she would find his car there and see that he hadn't been to it yet. It seemed that he hadn't left the building at all! Yet, if she looked around for him 'normally', she would never find him! Though obviously Alez' search method was FAR from normal so she would be able to find something. In fact, she would find something totally abnormal! In the back area, where her pendant and other valuables were stored, there was something very strange back there. Alez would be able to sense that Mr Enron and SOMETHING else was there. In that room where that computer and servers were, she would be able to sense something obviously wrong there. However, unlike other places, she would not be able to see into the room. It was as if there was some giant blot in the room, blocking her from seeing the content of the room. Perhaps this would suggest to her that some really evil thing was in the room, a powerful thing. Hopefully, this would dissuade her from entering the room. At the same time, Cassandra was waiting in Mr Enron's office, wondering where Alez had gone off to. She felt some sort of magical 'phenomenon' occur outside the office, just around the corner. Cassandra had the idea that Alez had done something to make her scouting easier, though she hoped that whatever that girl did, Alez would still be careful. Cassandra hoped the girl would note run straight into a fight, given what she had seen of Alez' capacity to fight. Then again, perhaps the girl was tired or conserving energy or perhaps faking it.*

Not long at all after leaving the office, Alez began to sense a powerful omen emanating from the vault room she snuck into before. A familiar sense of unease spread across her back as she searched in the direction of the ominous aura. It was clearly the same aura she felt from the computer in that room, the one that she'd left behind because it wasn't her priority... Sure enough, the feeling led her to the very same room, only now it was a much more powerful presence. Seeing into the room would be impossible. She would have to enter herself in order to confirm her suspicions but it was clear that, even if it wasn't Mr. Enron in that room, whatever was something that needed to be dealt with. It was growing exponentially from whatever it was before. 

Alez froze up as she stared into the void that seemed to be both real and illusory. It felt like her heart was twisting with dread and uncertainty, and she could feel her ethereal form fading. Recognizing this, she shook her head and quickly turned away. Once again, she knelt and prayed.  "Lady Caelisia, please, please forgive me for my trespasses. I know this matter is not of my concern, but this is not something that I can overlook. I fear that I cannot leave this matter untouched any longer. Please send your troop here to aid me in this fight."  With that prayer, Alez rose and returned to Mr. Enron's office to meet with Cassandra, not bothering to revert to her physical form. It was clear she was going to need to trust this woman if she wanted any chance to win this encounter. In order to do that, she couldn't keep any secrets to herself. She revealed her ethereal form, pure white wings outstretched and all. Cassandra would likely be able to see her in this form regardless of Alez's conscious feelings, but either way she would be fully visible to her. She would be able to feel that Alez's body wasn't nearly the same as it was before. It lacked any physical presence but instead seemed to be almost like a projection, or ghost, of herself. 

"I think I found him... or, at least something that can't be ignored." She started. "I felt it before, but it wasn't nearly this big, so I ignored it at the time, but now I'm pretty certain it has to be related to everything that's been going on."  Alez certainly wasn't exactly the wisest of celestials, but even she could connect the dots here. "Follow me, I don't think we can afford to take much longer!" She requested as she began moving away, watching to make sure that Cassandra was following.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
On 31/03/2019 at 09:16, Aura said:

Not long at all after leaving the office, Alez began to sense a powerful omen emanating from the vault room she snuck into before. A familiar sense of unease spread across her back as she searched in the direction of the ominous aura. It was clearly the same aura she felt from the computer in that room, the one that she'd left behind because it wasn't her priority... Sure enough, the feeling led her to the very same room, only now it was a much more powerful presence. Seeing into the room would be impossible. She would have to enter herself in order to confirm her suspicions but it was clear that, even if it wasn't Mr. Enron in that room, whatever was something that needed to be dealt with. It was growing exponentially from whatever it was before. 

Alez froze up as she stared into the void that seemed to be both real and illusory. It felt like her heart was twisting with dread and uncertainty, and she could feel her ethereal form fading. Recognizing this, she shook her head and quickly turned away. Once again, she knelt and prayed.  "Lady Caelisia, please, please forgive me for my trespasses. I know this matter is not of my concern, but this is not something that I can overlook. I fear that I cannot leave this matter untouched any longer. Please send your troop here to aid me in this fight."  With that prayer, Alez rose and returned to Mr. Enron's office to meet with Cassandra, not bothering to revert to her physical form. It was clear she was going to need to trust this woman if she wanted any chance to win this encounter. In order to do that, she couldn't keep any secrets to herself. She revealed her ethereal form, pure white wings outstretched and all. Cassandra would likely be able to see her in this form regardless of Alez's conscious feelings, but either way she would be fully visible to her. She would be able to feel that Alez's body wasn't nearly the same as it was before. It lacked any physical presence but instead seemed to be almost like a projection, or ghost, of herself. 

"I think I found him... or, at least something that can't be ignored." She started. "I felt it before, but it wasn't nearly this big, so I ignored it at the time, but now I'm pretty certain it has to be related to everything that's been going on."  Alez certainly wasn't exactly the wisest of celestials, but even she could connect the dots here. "Follow me, I don't think we can afford to take much longer!" She requested as she began moving away, watching to make sure that Cassandra was following.

*Cassandra was waiting where she said she would wait for Alez while the other did their scouting. As she waited for Alez to return, while she didn't expect to be long, she took a minute to gain composure. She figured she wasn't going to have time to relax when they went after Mr Enron, Cassandra was expecting some sort of conflict to occur. Whether it would be Mr Enron or something else she and Alez would be facing, it didn't take too much thinking to see that some sort of conflict here would be inevitable. Now, for Cassandra, the situation was more unusual than normal because she was fighting along side some one else. Usually, when she fought, she fought alone and only had to think about herself. To fight along side someone else meant she would have to consider people and things other than herself, which she honestly was not used to doing. To be fair, she found fighting alongside others a potential disaster if only because of an unsual reason. That reason was that if her allies died while fighting with her, she would count their deaths as her responsibility. Now, one would think this to be highly unusual, if not selfish for her to think this. Given her past as a deity, it made sense for her to feel guilt for the death of others under her 'care'. When Alez returned to the room, Casandra noticed the obvious change in the girl's form, especially the ethereal nature of the girl's body. She raised an eyebrow and then reasoned that perhaps, given the girl's present ethereal nature, walls and such would present her with no difficulty. That would be quite a handy ability and one Cassandra herself lacked.*

"I will do my best to follow you to our mutual destination. Just be aware that I cannot walk like you do, through walls and such." Cassandra told the girl, making a self depreciating joke.

• Like 2

• Senior Staff
53 minutes ago, Manni said:

*Cassandra was waiting where she said she would wait for Alez while the other did their scouting. As she waited for Alez to return, while she didn't expect to be long, she took a minute to gain composure. She figured she wasn't going to have time to relax when they went after Mr Enron, Cassandra was expecting some sort of conflict to occur. Whether it would be Mr Enron or something else she and Alez would be facing, it didn't take too much thinking to see that some sort of conflict here would be inevitable. Now, for Cassandra, the situation was more unusual than normal because she was fighting along side some one else. Usually, when she fought, she fought alone and only had to think about herself. To fight along side someone else meant she would have to consider people and things other than herself, which she honestly was not used to doing. To be fair, she found fighting alongside others a potential disaster if only because of an unsual reason. That reason was that if her allies died while fighting with her, she would count their deaths as her responsibility. Now, one would think this to be highly unusual, if not selfish for her to think this. Given her past as a deity, it made sense for her to feel guilt for the death of others under her 'care'. When Alez returned to the room, Casandra noticed the obvious change in the girl's form, especially the ethereal nature of the girl's body. She raised an eyebrow and then reasoned that perhaps, given the girl's present ethereal nature, walls and such would present her with no difficulty. That would be quite a handy ability and one Cassandra herself lacked.*

"I will do my best to follow you to our mutual destination. Just be aware that I cannot walk like you do, through walls and such." Cassandra told the girl, making a self depreciating joke.

Alez was relieved to find that Cassandra did indeed have enough faith in her to stay put. At the very least, that was a good omen that they just might be able to work well as a team. Alez nodded in response to Cassandra's claim. She had assumed Cassandra to have a similar ability to phase through solid objects. It was a handy technique for tracking down demons and she couldn't imagine functioning without her ethereal form. It would take some searching, but the hallways in the building weren't particularly complex. Alez couldn't imagine them to be particularly difficult to navigate. "Alright, I'll do my best to find our way there without going through any walls, but we need to be careful. I'm sure he has to have really tight security... Just in case, I will say that what I found is in the room where Mr. Enron keeps all of his valuables. There's some evil presence in there that seems to have been growing. I felt it before but it wasn't my priority to deal with at the time, and it wasn't nearly as imposing as it is now." With that, Alez began to glide backwards toward the hallway.  "Come on, I think it's this way."

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

*Cassandra nodded in agreement to Alez' concern about Mr Enron's possible security measures, which could be numerous for all she knew. It was strange that Cassandra did not really encounter much resistance on her way here, it started to bother her a bit and made her concerned that something was amiss. She had yet to encounter humans here and that made her wonder if perhaps Mr Enron had sent them away in expectation of something or someone. Well, whatever the case was, she was not going to get her answers standing here...and she reasoned that they might encounter some other forms of resistance while here. Fortunately, Cassandra was prepared to fight. With a click of her fingers, she summoned another weapon from wherever she was keeping them. This time, it looked to be a modest looking katana of sorts but as one would have figured by now...looks were quite deceiving. The katana Cassandra was now using was a well-enchanted weapon used to kill demons and other such monsters, though one would not be able to tell what kind of enchantments it had just by looking at it. Was it powerful? Perhaps only Cassandra would know and she didn't seem interested in this current time in sharing her secrets. When Alez told her where Mr Enron's location most likely was, which was with some sort of powerful entity, Cassandra looked at her and asked, "Are you prepared to fight, if it comes to it? From what you have told me, I get the feeling Mr Enron is not alone in that room and that whatever is in there won't exactly be happy to see us."

Cassandra followed the Celestial girl as she glided towards their new destination, feeling a bit odd as she was not usually in the position of following someone. Not that the feeling meant anything but it was certainly different than what she was used to. As they walked towards the vault room, where Mr Enron kept his valuables, both of them would start hearing something odd. It sounded like someone was playing a stringed instrument of sorts like a violin or something along those lines. The closer they got to the vault room and the server room at the back, the louder the sounds got. Yet, there was something about the sounds that was unsettling. Sure, it sounded like music but the effect it had was unlike normal music. Perhaps it was just the creepiness of their surroundings or the that it was night but each time a string was plucked...something about it would send shivers up the spine of normal people and the more they heard, the more unsettled they would get. Would it affect these two? If it did, Cassandra was not showing it. She just looked straight ahead and kept moving forward, towards the source.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
2 hours ago, Manni said:

*Cassandra nodded in agreement to Alez' concern about Mr Enron's possible security measures, which could be numerous for all she knew. It was strange that Cassandra did not really encounter much resistance on her way here, it started to bother her a bit and made her concerned that something was amiss. She had yet to encounter humans here and that made her wonder if perhaps Mr Enron had sent them away in expectation of something or someone. Well, whatever the case was, she was not going to get her answers standing here...and she reasoned that they might encounter some other forms of resistance while here. Fortunately, Cassandra was prepared to fight. With a click of her fingers, she summoned another weapon from wherever she was keeping them. This time, it looked to be a modest looking katana of sorts but as one would have figured by now...looks were quite deceiving. The katana Cassandra was now using was a well-enchanted weapon used to kill demons and other such monsters, though one would not be able to tell what kind of enchantments it had just by looking at it. Was it powerful? Perhaps only Cassandra would know and she didn't seem interested in this current time in sharing her secrets. When Alez told her where Mr Enron's location most likely was, which was with some sort of powerful entity, Cassandra looked at her and asked, "Are you prepared to fight, if it comes to it? From what you have told me, I get the feeling Mr Enron is not alone in that room and that whatever is in there won't exactly be happy to see us."

Cassandra followed the Celestial girl as she glided towards their new destination, feeling a bit odd as she was not usually in the position of following someone. Not that the feeling meant anything but it was certainly different than what she was used to. As they walked towards the vault room, where Mr Enron kept his valuables, both of them would start hearing something odd. It sounded like someone was playing a stringed instrument of sorts like a violin or something along those lines. The closer they got to the vault room and the server room at the back, the louder the sounds got. Yet, there was something about the sounds that was unsettling. Sure, it sounded like music but the effect it had was unlike normal music. Perhaps it was just the creepiness of their surroundings or the that it was night but each time a string was plucked...something about it would send shivers up the spine of normal people and the more they heard, the more unsettled they would get. Would it affect these two? If it did, Cassandra was not showing it. She just looked straight ahead and kept moving forward, towards the source.

Alez didn't bother to question the new weapon that had spawned in Cassandra's hand at the moment. She, too, had a weapon that appeared only when she needed it, but she could clearly tell that this one was completely different than the one Cassandra was using before. Still, there was no point in distracting herself on such matters. As for whether she was prepared to fight, Alez couldn't deny the fact that she was nervous. She'd never fought a winning fight before. Before, she'd always assumed that it was punishment from Lady Caelisia. Still, she always managed to get out okay and she could think of no one but Caelisia to thank for that.  "I've... prayed on it." She spoke after a brief pause. "If it comes to that, I'll have no choice. Lady Caelisia will guide me to victory."

As the two women approached the vault, Alez could hear that eerie music grow louder. The surroundings were quiet and serene, which only made the ominous moans of the violin all the more chilling. Still, she didn't let it discourage her and continued pressing forward. "What do you know about what's happening? Who these people are?" She turned to ask, realizing they had yet to discuss any sort of strategy in regards to the actual encounter. "It'll be important to know everything we can before jumping into a fight, right? I don't know anything at all about them..."

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
On 11/04/2019 at 01:20, Aura said:

Alez didn't bother to question the new weapon that had spawned in Cassandra's hand at the moment. She, too, had a weapon that appeared only when she needed it, but she could clearly tell that this one was completely different than the one Cassandra was using before. Still, there was no point in distracting herself on such matters. As for whether she was prepared to fight, Alez couldn't deny the fact that she was nervous. She'd never fought a winning fight before. Before, she'd always assumed that it was punishment from Lady Caelisia. Still, she always managed to get out okay and she could think of no one but Caelisia to thank for that.  "I've... prayed on it." She spoke after a brief pause. "If it comes to that, I'll have no choice. Lady Caelisia will guide me to victory."

As the two women approached the vault, Alez could hear that eerie music grow louder. The surroundings were quiet and serene, which only made the ominous moans of the violin all the more chilling. Still, she didn't let it discourage her and continued pressing forward. "What do you know about what's happening? Who these people are?" She turned to ask, realizing they had yet to discuss any sort of strategy in regards to the actual encounter. "It'll be important to know everything we can before jumping into a fight, right? I don't know anything at all about them..."

*Cassandra was a bit surprised at the girl's answer, thought her facial expression did not change. She wasn't quite sure what kind of answer that was, if it could be taken as an answer at all. It seemed this girl was tied to some sort of 'higher' power by the sounds of it which would explain the girl's faith. Cassandra was not exactly comfortable getting into those matters, as her experience taught her that those of faith don't take kindly to any perceived affront to their faith. Not that her words would change anyone's mind, no matter what truth they held (if any). She just hoped the girl knew what she was getting herself into with her faith in her 'higher' power and what obligations she owed and was owed. At this time, Cassandra was not about to start a theological fight especially ones she had no chance of winning. All she would say in response in Alez was, "Okay then. As long as you are prepared for whatever may occur." As the two women approached the vault and that mysterious server room, Cassandra and Alez heard the strange music. Cassandra scowled, a hypothesis about what was going on solidifying in her head. From what information she gathered before coming here and today's events, she could surmise that Mr Enron was definitely working with forces beyond his paygrade and was probably not aware of how dangerous the forces he was messing with were. Cassandra was of the opinion that Mr Enron was as good as dead at this point, if they did not deal with him then his 'employers' would deal with him once their use for him had ended. When Alez asked about what is going on and who they were dealing with, Cassandra looked at her and said, "I have an idea of what's happening but I don't think I'll be certain until after we find Mr Enron. From my experience, Mr Enron is merely serving as a useful toy for the force behind this and I don't think he's the only one involved. This force...is certainly not human and not of this world, if I'm right. Hopefully I'm not right because if this force is whom I suspect then I have more work to do then just tonight."

*When they both arrived at the door leading to the vault, Cassandra turned to face Alez with a serious expression on her face. It looked like they arrived at their destination.*

"Once I open this door, it will be too late to back out so if you have any doubts, say them now and turn away otherwise..."

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
6 hours ago, Manni said:

*Cassandra was a bit surprised at the girl's answer, thought her facial expression did not change. She wasn't quite sure what kind of answer that was, if it could be taken as an answer at all. It seemed this girl was tied to some sort of 'higher' power by the sounds of it which would explain the girl's faith. Cassandra was not exactly comfortable getting into those matters, as her experience taught her that those of faith don't take kindly to any perceived affront to their faith. Not that her words would change anyone's mind, no matter what truth they held (if any). She just hoped the girl knew what she was getting herself into with her faith in her 'higher' power and what obligations she owed and was owed. At this time, Cassandra was not about to start a theological fight especially ones she had no chance of winning. All she would say in response in Alez was, "Okay then. As long as you are prepared for whatever may occur." As the two women approached the vault and that mysterious server room, Cassandra and Alez heard the strange music. Cassandra scowled, a hypothesis about what was going on solidifying in her head. From what information she gathered before coming here and today's events, she could surmise that Mr Enron was definitely working with forces beyond his paygrade and was probably not aware of how dangerous the forces he was messing with were. Cassandra was of the opinion that Mr Enron was as good as dead at this point, if they did not deal with him then his 'employers' would deal with him once their use for him had ended. When Alez asked about what is going on and who they were dealing with, Cassandra looked at her and said, "I have an idea of what's happening but I don't think I'll be certain until after we find Mr Enron. From my experience, Mr Enron is merely serving as a useful toy for the force behind this and I don't think he's the only one involved. This force...is certainly not human and not of this world, if I'm right. Hopefully I'm not right because if this force is whom I suspect then I have more work to do then just tonight."

*When they both arrived at the door leading to the vault, Cassandra turned to face Alez with a serious expression on her face. It looked like they arrived at their destination.*

"Once I open this door, it will be too late to back out so if you have any doubts, say them now and turn away otherwise..."

It seemed that Cassandra had pretty much dodged her question. She seemed to have already had an idea of who this being they were sensing was, but seemed to have no intention on explaining it. Not that she could really blame her. After all, whatever it was, it clearly needed to be stopped asap. What she was told, though, had her much more concerned than before. Just what would it mean if this was what she thought it was? Was it something that would concern the people? Alez gulped but nodded slowly. This was going to be a danger she would have to face head-on. Her heart was racing as the two approached the door and a part of her didn't want the door to open. That part of her simply wanted to flee and return home to Caelisia in Coelis. But she couldn't abandon Cassandra in such a serious time. Besdies, she wasn't in control of opening the door. Had it been up to Alez, it was possible the door probably never would have opened as she tried to mull over every possibility in her head. But waiting wasn't an option and she knew that, so she nodded in agreement with Cassandra. "No doubts... we've got this, right?" She asked, perhaps showing a bit of her self doubt despite trying to mask it behind a layer of confidence. "Come on, let's push that door open and pressforward!"

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
On 18/04/2019 at 07:01, Aura said:

It seemed that Cassandra had pretty much dodged her question. She seemed to have already had an idea of who this being they were sensing was, but seemed to have no intention on explaining it. Not that she could really blame her. After all, whatever it was, it clearly needed to be stopped asap. What she was told, though, had her much more concerned than before. Just what would it mean if this was what she thought it was? Was it something that would concern the people? Alez gulped but nodded slowly. This was going to be a danger she would have to face head-on. Her heart was racing as the two approached the door and a part of her didn't want the door to open. That part of her simply wanted to flee and return home to Caelisia in Coelis. But she couldn't abandon Cassandra in such a serious time. Besdies, she wasn't in control of opening the door. Had it been up to Alez, it was possible the door probably never would have opened as she tried to mull over every possibility in her head. But waiting wasn't an option and she knew that, so she nodded in agreement with Cassandra. "No doubts... we've got this, right?" She asked, perhaps showing a bit of her self doubt despite trying to mask it behind a layer of confidence. "Come on, let's push that door open and pressforward!"

*As Cassandra opened the door to the vault and the server room, both Alez and Cassandra were engulfed in a strange light as the world around them disappeared. Even Cassandra had to shield her eyes from the strange light, as they taken from this world into another. It seemed that whatever force that Mr Enron was messing with were quite well equipped. Both Alez and Cassandra had now entered the Domain of some powerful entity and what was about to happen would certainly be a lot stranger than the events that had preceeded this. As the light they were engulfed in started to fade and their other senses started to take over, both of them would tell that something was radically different in their surroundings. For one, they could smell...fresh air and feel the cool night air on their bodies. It seemed that they were outside...but that was impossible as they were supposed to be inside a building and a vault to be specific. Cassandra opened her eyes to take in the new surroundings, quickly looking around for the door they entered in...but it was not there. There was no door and they were certainly not in a modern building anymore. They were in the great outdoors, on a grassy slope which was slightly wet with the moist night air. Cassandra immediately frowned and surprisingly looked a bit nervous. Her mind was screaming at her to run...and run far away but she knew that was impossible. She knew she could not run from this and even if she wanted to, there was nowhere she could run to. Both Alez and Cassandra were stuck in this Domain, a portable distortion in reality that powerful entities liked to use and tailor to their use..until they found its Master and successfully killed it. Cassandra took a deep breath and smelt the air...and instantly recognised where she was. But that was impossible...this place no longer existed in her world, where it belonged when it existed. It was from another time, in the past, in her wide universe in a place that no longer existed. The smell of wild flowers and this fresh air...yes...this smell was nostalgic. Yet, she was not enjoying it as her heart sank. She knew this could only mean one thing: her 'Punishment' was now beginning in earnest. It appeared that the force that ruled her universe and created her...now knew she was compromised and could no longer serve them and thus her 'use', value and her part in the 'Divine Plan' was now void. Now, her Punishment for 'betraying' 'god' and the rules of her universe was now beginning in earnest...and what that would entail would test her perhaps beyond what she could manage. Cassandra looked around for Alez and saw that she was nearby and seemingly okay, if a bit disorientated. For some odd reason, that relieved her even she also knew the girl was not exactly the best at fighting. Why was she feeling relieved? Perhaps she know realised how alone in the world she was...*

"Alez, are you alright...?" Cassandra asked Alez, concern obvious in her voice. But she was trying to hide her own fear and nervousness. If she was right...and the signs now pointed to yes, she knew that she would need to take Alez a short distance from here towards a small outdoor theatre which was nearby this location. Even now, Alez and Cassandra would be able to hear wonderful music and the sounds of joy and laughter.

• Like 2

• Senior Staff

Alez was taken aback by the sudden light that emitted from the door. It was actually quite jarring considering the dark hallway they had just come out of, especially considering the fact that she was expecting to see the same pitch black void of nothingness she'd seen before. She shielded her eyes from the blinding light and when she lowered her arms, she was surprised to find that she was surrounded not by the server room from before, or even an empty void, but... a grassy meadow at night?

Where were they? What happened to the server room? She looked around and saw, to her dismay, even the door was completely gone! It was like they'd stepped through a one-way portal! This didn't particularly alarm Alez too much as she knew she could return to Coelis at any time as long as she had her pendant. But she was still bothered. What was that light? Was this where they were supposed to be? Had that demon set up some sort of trap for them? Maybe this whole area was just an illusion meant to protect whatever secrets the actual room held...

When Cassandra asked if she was okay, Alex just nodded silently before looking over at the woman. She seemed bothered by something which only had Alez more concerned for her. "Are you okay?" She finally spoke up, reaching over to gently touch Cassandra's shoulder. "Do you recognize this place?"

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
23 hours ago, Aura said:

Alez was taken aback by the sudden light that emitted from the door. It was actually quite jarring considering the dark hallway they had just come out of, especially considering the fact that she was expecting to see the same pitch black void of nothingness she'd seen before. She shielded her eyes from the blinding light and when she lowered her arms, she was surprised to find that she was surrounded not by the server room from before, or even an empty void, but... a grassy meadow at night?

Where were they? What happened to the server room? She looked around and saw, to her dismay, even the door was completely gone! It was like they'd stepped through a one-way portal! This didn't particularly alarm Alez too much as she knew she could return to Coelis at any time as long as she had her pendant. But she was still bothered. What was that light? Was this where they were supposed to be? Had that demon set up some sort of trap for them? Maybe this whole area was just an illusion meant to protect whatever secrets the actual room held...

When Cassandra asked if she was okay, Alex just nodded silently before looking over at the woman. She seemed bothered by something which only had Alez more concerned for her. "Are you okay?" She finally spoke up, reaching over to gently touch Cassandra's shoulder. "Do you recognize this place?"

*Cassandra looked a bit aggravated on the outside, her expression rather grim and perhaps a bit apprehensive. Though, that was nothing compared to how she was feeling on the inside. Internally, she was hurting inside but she was not hardly showing it on the outside. That was due to Cassandra's own training and experience but even that...did not seem to help her cover up every single thing she was feeling at this moment. She knew this place, she had been here before. Though she knew that this place no longer exists now in her universe, the area and planet that this place was is much further along in time than here is, this place was once real...even if it only exists as part of this Domain. The Domain itself, which could take any form the owner wishes it to take, was a power given to special beings...chosen by the god of her own universe. She knew that fact rather well...given she used to have powers like that. That was quite some time ago, a lifetime ago in fact. Cassandra used to be much more powerful than she was now, given that she was meant to be the embodiment of the 'Eternal Hero' of her home universe. This 'Eternal Hero' was god's chosen warrior, whose sole mission was to defeat Evil in all of its incarnations. Her job was to defeat Evil whenever and wherever it would appear in her universe, slaying it was the point of her existence and she would reincarnate again and again to defeat it again and again. That WAS her life and all the lives she had previously were devoted to the task of killing this Evil...even if it kept inevitably coming back. She did her job without question nor complaint over her lives and gave her life to the cause when it came to it which it usually did. However, something changed with the present life she is living...she found Helheim...or Helheim found her and that changed her fate forever. No longer was she the chosen warrior, destined to win against Evil. No longer was her destiny to fight the 'good' fight against Evil. No...her destiny was no longer so simple...if it ever was. Now, she was no longer part of her universe and the use of the current god of her universe for her was now zero. She could no longer serve the purpose god gave her and thus was now useless and unneeded. The current god of her universe, whom she served so willingly and unfailingly over those lifetimes...no longer wanted anything to do with her. But why? As it turned out, her lifes before this one were based off lies. Many lies, so many lies. Though she thought she knew how things were...she actually didn't know anything.  Helheim had revealed the truth to her, that she had been deceived for all that time. That the god that she had served for all those lives...was not the god that created her world. The Evil she had been killing all this time...was the god that created the world and started life. Her life...before then...was just a sham, a false but convenient and appealing story. But that was history. Here, in this Domain, was someone she once knew very well...and was once someone she could call more than just a friend and comrade...someone she had cared for when they were alive together and even beyond that...*

"I never thought...I would see this place again..." Cassandra said softly, her words wavering. "This place no longer exists in my home universe, you see. Though this is no illusion. This is someone's Domain and they will not allow us to leave unless they are...dealt with." Cassandra's voice stumbled, betraying her emotional state to Alez. That she was definitely suffering.

*Continued in the Following Side Story -

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It was just another seemingly normal afternoon in Blackberry Falls when Isaac arrived at the town. He came by the bus station and, after getting out of the bus, took a deep breath. After hours traveling, being finally able to strech his legs was a heavenly feeling, but Isaac didn't allow himself to dwel in thise thoughts for long. He was a straight to business kind of guy anyway. After walking around for a bit and asking for directions a couple of times, Isaac was final able to reach the museum he had heard about in the rumors. Not wanting to waste any time, he presented hinself as a supernatural detective and asked to one of the nearby employees about the haunting rumors. The woman explain that the night guards have been complaining about objects moving for no reason, some paintings coming to life and that last night one of said guards even dissapeared. Isaac took upon himself to deal with that problem and got permission from the owner of the museum to investigate.

• Like 2

Good things just couldn't last, could they? Not the hot chocolate, although it had been wonderful until she'd finished it. Not the company, for she never really had the chance to enjoy that either. Not even her rest, for the people she was forced to work with had a quick job for her to pull. Some necklace from some museum. Very simple for someone of her talents, but she'd wanted to take a break.

She at least did have a nice little disguise, after all who would expect the small schoolgirl? It didn't take her long to reach the place, in fact it was a quick little stroll from the cafe she'd just been sitting at. This job she could do nice and quick and still be home in time for some studying. Tomorrow she had a quiz to attend to. Not that she needed to study for it, but it was good to do so just in case.

After wringing out her umbrella Emi entered the large building. Finding the necklace was simple enough. The museum had the exhibits laid out on a map! She decided to follow along the normal tour route, keeping eyes and ears open for security measures. The place didn't seem to have much either. Along the way she managed to pass by the necklace as well. Security was a little higher here but nothing she couldn't handle. A couple minutes were spent glancing between exhibits, but really she was mapping out the cameras and figuring out how long she'd have to move in for the snatch.

Near the end of the tour she allowed herself to phase through into a janitor's closet, although only when the cameras weren't watching. Now she waited for night to arrive. Then she could make her move! In preparation she slid her dress off, stuffing it into her backpack, leaving her in her white skin-tight suit. The neck was pulled up to conceal the lower half of her face.

Everything was ready.

• Like 2

Soon enough, night fell over and the skies went dark with only the moon and the stars providing light. Isaac got permission to stay with the other guards during the night shift. After the doors were closed and the alarm systems activated, a dead silence filled the place.  After talking a bit with the other guards, Isaac got the location where the disapearence had happened last night: the necklace exibition. The detective advised the others to keep an open eye for anything weird and to call for him should they spot anything out of ordinary. 

On his way to the necklace exibition and out of the other guards view, Yoshitzune decided to manifest himself in his etheral form "Well? What do you think we are dealing with here?" asked the Yokai warrior "I am not sure. I mean... there certainly are some minor Yokais around here, but how many and what kinds is hard to tell. Plus..." Isaac then directed his attention to a janitor's closet neaby. His instincts were telling him something else was going on there "I have the feeling we'll have more problems to deal with tonight" the detective tried to open the door, but just as he suspected, it was locked. Just to be safe, Isaac summoned another small Yokai in etheral state so he would be warned if anything went down over there. 

Finally, the detective had reached the exibition area. The first thing he did was to have a good look around. There were a few paintings around, but those seemed normal. The unsettling thing about that area was the heavy negative energy in the air. The was something wrong there. Very wrong. Isaac made sure to be ready for anything as he kept on investigating.

• Like 2

It had taken quite some time for night to fall and the museum to clear out. Of course there were guards about. She knew that was to be expected, however they would simply be no match for her. Still, at least one of the people walking about gave her a brief moment of worry.

With one ear pressed to the door Emi could hear others moving around outside. The large open rooms with the hard wood floors certainly helped as well, casting noises around quite easily, especially when the people wandering out in the open weren't trying to keep quiet. All of her focus was centered around the exhibit hallways. One person approached, even checked the door, but she had it locked and made no noises. Only when they passed comfortably out of hearing range did she finally engage her ethereal abilities, sliding silently through the door.

The cameras had been timed and she'd been keeping the time within her head for the one camera looking over her position. As she slipped out into the dimmed light of the exhibits Emi silently crept from piece to piece, taking cover when and where need be. Her objective of course was to reach the necklace. She didn't have any firearms on her for this job, partially because she figured they wouldn't be needed and partially because it was a rush job.

When she found herself at the proper exhibit the little bunny crept over, sliding up close to use it as cover. From there she inspected it very carefully. If it had traps she'd need to disengage those first. Perhaps her portable EMP device would help? But if it didn't have such traps then she could certainly lift it. Now was the time to check for such things.

As for the ghostly presences within the place, well, she simply didn't pick up on them yet.

• Like 2

Isaac was still investigating the area in which one of the guards had dissapeared. While investigating, the detective noticed something weird: there was a small area near the en of the hallway where the roof seemed to be a bit lower than the rest. It was also a blind spot area on the camera's field of view, making it a good place to hide a body. Of course, no normal person would be able to hide someone in there, but when dealing with Yokai spirits, pretty much everything is possible. Before Isaac could investigate further, though, the small Yokai that had been placed to watch that closet earlier showed up to warn the detective about someone or something moving around that area. Isaac silently groaned in annoyance for being forced to focus on something else when he getting close to posdibly find something important. 

Leaving the investigation for a later moment for now, Isaac thanked the small Yokai and dispersed him before focusing on the halls. With Yoshitzune in his etheral form there as well to help him find whatever had busted out of the closet and to fight if necessary. The lack of light on that particular area wasn't really helping either. It was at that point that Isaac noticed the moving paintings in the halway. The drawings were moving and twisting inside the frames. There was no doubt. These were Yokai. They were clearly feeding of the guards spiritual energy, causing them to go crazy and have hallucinations. That sure explained why no one noticed one of them dissapearing before the end of the last night. The detective then had a briliant, although risky, idea. Use the evil Yokai in his favor. If agitated, they would manifest thenselves in a physical form, affecting every living being in the area.

"Yoshitzune!" with a simple command, the warrior Yokai slammed his sword on the ground, making enough noise to agitate the evil spirits. They then emerged. About 10 of them began to get out of the painting frames in the form of a pitch black goo with a few sharp teeth and small arms with claws. They emitted a terrible screaching sound as they did it. Trying to stun everyone close enough to listen. Isaac was already used to them, so all he had to do was cover his ears with his hands and wait for the intruder to show up.

• Like 2

Okay. Now it was time to snatch the necklace. An easy task given the alarm system in place. They didn't really need anything covering the glass because the item in question was settled upon a weight detection scale. If the weight changed while it was activated then an alarm would go off. Less conspicuous, but she was an expert at this sort of thing.

Reaching into her bag Emi pulled free a small bag of sand. Such a thing was incredibly useful for these sorts of jobs and wasn't quite as suspicious looking when compared to, say, a glass cutting kit. Not that she'd need one of course. But she had school and the chance that her bag might be checked was always there, even if quite improbable. No need to risk losing her cover over that.

With her incorporeal state activated Emi slipped the bag through the glass after emptying out some of its contents. As carefully as she could manage the little bunny switched out the necklace with the bag, stuffing it into her backpack. Just in time too! Suddenly an ear piercing screech rang out, only to be further amplified by the open layout of the museum's halls!

The poor bunny, not expecting such a thing, collapsed to her knees. Hands lifted up, pressing her ears against the side of her head while her body shook from the pain. Everything was ringing! It was actually quite disorientating! But she couldn't remain in place for too long. The cameras would catch her. And so with a powerful kick she threw herself back against a corner which was, for the moment, not in the camera's line of sight. Hands rubbed over her ears while she did her best to recover.

What the heck was that?! It hurts!

• Like 2

Yoshitzune was able to spot the fast moving bunny girl out of the corner of his eye and quick turned into his etheral form so he could also reach the necklace display without breaking  the glass barrier. Noticing his Yokai friend's moves, Isaac was quick to take his hands out of his ears and use his strings to paralyse every single Yokai coming out of the paintings, causing them to stop making the noise. It didn't take much effort from him to do it and, just to be safe, he used the strings from his other hand as a location trap. They were quickly spread all over the hallways. Isaac was able to feel the vibration in every single one of them and would be able to quickly react to anything touching them in a abrupt way.

Once everything was in place and silence was once again taking over the halls the detective was ready to deal with the intruder, who at this point was already within Yoshitzune's fiel of view. "Oi! Mister intruder, if you know what is good for you, you'll come out of what ever hiding spot you are in right now. Dealing with evil Yokai is already a pain in the butt and I REALLY don't feel like dealing some sneaky thief. So grow up some balls and face me!" announced the detective in a demanding way, ready for a fight. "...well... unless you are a girl that is... I don't judge..." 

Truth to be told, Isaac found himself feeling somewhat nervous there. He knew that his adversary wasn't a Yokai, because otherwise, that spirit who alerted him about the the intruder would have said so. Yoshitzune was also ready to strike as soon as recieved the orders to do so. He wanted to sabe the element of surprise for later use.

• Like 2

Crap. This isn't museum security. Was this a setup? Did they hire someone?!

Emi's heart beat rapidly within her chest. The noises halted, yes, but now somebody else knew that she was here. Was all that screeching his doing? Did they know about her weakness? Heck, did they know she was unarmed? This would be the perfect time to ambush her. She wasn't completely defenseless, but it was close enough to worry her.

Even so he didn't seem to know her exact location. After all he didn't know that she was a girl, which might have been more evident if she were seen with her bodysuit. But that also meant that he probably wasn't here to take her out. Someone sent to do that by the people she knew would have given him more information. If he couldn't see her then there was no reason for her to expose herself. So she did the next logical thing.

She bolted.

With incredible speed Emi bolted up the side of the wall, leaping with enough force to crack it as she made her way down the nearest hallway. Leaping between walls allowed her to stay high enough that most cameras wouldn't spot her, and doing so might also keep her within enough darkness to avoid detection! Or at least that was the plan anyhow.

• Like 2

Noticing the theif's quick moves in a attempt to escape, Yoshitzune immediatly warned Isaac about it "Master! It's trying to escape!" shouted the Yokai while pointing at the direction the bunny girl was heading. Thinking quickly, the detective dissipated the strings holding the evil spirits, causing them to unleash the screaching screams once again. Now with a free hand, Isaac lauched his strings towards the direction Yoshitzune had pointed to and cover as much ground as possible. 

Soon, the detective felt the weight of the intruder over the strings and immediatly twisted said strings so that his target would be completely entangled and immobilized. Once Isaac was sure his target secure, he turned his attention back to the evil spirits who were still there. "Yoshitzune!" Once again, a simple command was all it took for the samurai Yokai to manifest himself in his physical form and draw his swords. With his extreme speed and power, Yoshitzune made quick work of the goopy things coming off the paintings, it wasn't long before they were all destroyed sent back to the Yokai world. Silence was once again reigning on the hallways. "Great work as always my friend" said Isaac in satisfied tone as the samurai returned to his master's side "Thank you master." he replied with a slight bow "What about the intruder?" "Well, let's have a look."

The detective then lowered the bunny a bit so they could a good face-to-face look at each other "So, who we have here?" began Isaac "Look, I might not have been here for long, but I am impressed! Trying to steal from a museum that, not only has tight security, but also is packed full of evil spirits?" the detective was talking in a sort of sarcastic and comic way "You have some balls my dude!" "Uhhh... master?" said the Yokai  "I am pretty sure that it is a female" "WHAT?!" Isaac looked at his warrior friend with a dumbfolded expression the back to the girl, then back to him again "That's a chick? Are you kidding me? But where are her uhm..." "Look master, even I know that not all human females have uh... big breasts" "Yeah I know that, but... I mean look at that! It's like an anvil!" Yoshitzune simply shrugged back at his master, who gave a long sigh in defeat before turning back to the invader "Okay, so... miss thief I guess... how about you tell me your name?"

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

What?!

Brilliant blue eyes widened in horror as the screeching returned! It caused her to slip up on one of her landings, nearly plummeting to the floor! Thankfully she was professional enough to leap off once more, although it was a close call. Unfortunately she ended up stopping midair as invisible bindings curled around her body, much like being trapped in a spider's web!

The pounding within her chest only grew more violent, breathing intensifying just as well. She didn't like being bound up like this. Not one bit! And so she thrashed around against her unseen captor, putting as much strength into it as she could manage! She even tried shifting out of it, but whatever was holding her was not normal. Her legs were pretty strong so perhaps they might have some effect, but her upper body strength was something to improve upon. Ultimately she was caught!

As Emi was lowered she went still save for the shifting of her chest due to her accelerated breathing. Large floppy bunny ears remained dropped down as she was left hanging upside down. She wore white gloves and a backpack, but other than this the only thing covering her body was a skin tight white bodysuit! While the bunny girl was flat chested a closer examination would reveal the wider hips of a female, even slightly more exaggerated for someone of her tiny size due to the powerful build of her lower body! This also meant thighs which were just a hint fuller. Her rump was also nicely curved for her size. Any close inspection of her crotch would also reveal a lack of any bulge. Her face, or what could be seen currently uncovered, and her long hair might also assist in this endeavor.

Still, she remained silent. Partly because she wasn't about to give up her identity and partly because she was a mute. Speaking just wasn't something she did.

Crap! Crap crap crap! What the crap?! What is this?! What is holding me?! Ahhhhhh!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Seeing how the bunny girl clearly didn't want to reply, Isaac decided to take matters in his own hands "You don't want to talk to me huh? Well, that's a shame... I was legit curious to know about you, considering that you were bat shit crazy enough to actually come to this place and try to steal such a valuable necklace" said Isaac in and honest and somewhat dissapointed voice tone. "And that's not all master. Had you not intervined, she surely would be able to escape this place with it. I am sure I saw her passing through a wall not long ago" added Yoshitzune in a serious tone "She can go etheral as well?" Isaac was a bit chocked to hear that. Although... that surely explained how she was able to infiltrate the museum and steal the precious item without triggering the alarm. The detective then sighed again before making a decision. "Yoshitzune, can you please check on her bag? I am sure the necklace will be there" the Yokai simply replied with a slight nod before moving to the bunny girl's side and checking the bag. While he was at it, Isaac put on his very serious face and looked the girl straight in her blue eyes "I am not going to hurt you. I wouldn't feel right doing so, since I don't know much about you. That said..." it was then that the detective pulled down the cloth covering the girl's face, giving him a complete view of her facial assets "...I now know your face, and I am pretty good at finding people when I want to. I don't mind if you steal someone's crap, but be warned. If I find out that you killed an innocent person... you'll see me again, and I pretty sure you don't want that, do ya?" Isaac's voice tone was manecing as all hell at that point. He also made sure to keep eye contact with the girl, he was dead serious about what he said. "I found it, master!" said Yoshitzune after taking the necklace and bringing it to Isaac. "Thank you." He replied his friend with a slight nod as he took the necklace in his free hand. He then turned to the girl one last time "As for you... well, looks like you are a girl after all... your facial features don't lie. Plus, your legs and thighs... *ahem* anyway... you are free to go" and just like that, the strings were gone and the girl was free. 

Isaac now had his mind focused once more on fiding the missing guy. He went back to the necklace exibition and kept on scanning the area. Eventually, he was able to find the weird roof part again and, with the help from another Yokai, was able to dispell the illusion that had been cast creating a false roof where the missing person was hidden. The guy was alive, but very weak. Yokai magic was holding him there as a medium sized lizard-like spirit drained it's victim's energy "Yo! Sorry to interrupt your dinner, but are closing in a few minutes. Would you mind getting the fuck out of here?" said the detective in a mocking tone while already preparing himself for combat. Obviously, the spirit wasted no time and jumped at it's enemy, but Isaac's strings quickly entangle it and shredded it to pieces, core included. The magic holding the night guard at the roof was gone and he fell to the ground. The detective alerted the other guards, before placing the necklace back on it's place, with a little help from Yoshitzune. An ambulance was called and the missing person sent to the hospital. 

Edited by Akira
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up