It wasn't that she didn't want to sit here and chat, although that certainly was part of it. Emi didn't like being bound up like this, and especially not in such a vulnerable state! No, being a mute was a big part of it as well. It was part of why she hated being unable to move: it rendered her completely silent. Also apparently the other guy, who did not seem at all normal, had managed to notice her slipping through things.

Careless. I was too careless. I need to be even more careful, it seems. Though he doesn't seem to care much about that either.

As the necklace was removed the trapped bunny gave the spirit a dirty glare. She really needed that! But what else was she going to do right now? No, she'd just need to steal it again later. Perhaps later tonight even. He wasn't here for her, otherwise she'd be getting arrested right now. Or worse. Okay, perhaps not. He did say he wasn't planning on hurting her. However when her mask was tugged away Emi certainly did tense up.

He's seen my face. Now what?

She didn't need another person blackmailing her! Already she was doing things she wished she didn't have to. No, she'd need to sit down and have a long conversation. Perhaps at gunpoint if need be. Would a threat work in this case? It might, right? She had to give it a try. Then again the threats made were towards hurting innocent people and she didn't really do that sort of thing. Perhaps she could skip the threatening?

Maybe.

Even so she didn't blink. In fact there wasn't any response towards his words until he started talking about her body, and even then it was only the faintest tints of pink within her cheeks. She understood what her current outfit did or, rather, didn't do. It didn't cover much at all. Usually she didn't need to worry about that though because, well, she infiltrated places without being seen! Having someone this close up giving her a thorough inspection was just embarrassing, especially a boy who was probably not that much older than she was.

And then suddenly she was dropped to the ground, landing unceremoniously upon her face! With a slow roll she turned onto her back, rubbing her nose and forehead with a hand. Once the detective had left Emi fixed her mask and slid into the floor, dropping into the basement. She spent quite a bit of time there sitting and waiting for the necklace to be returned. At the same time she sent a text message out detailing where her employers could pick it up. After all if she were to follow him home then she'd need to do so right when he left, right? She also had time to look up information about the detective himself. Perhaps that would offer clues into where he lived, just in case she lost track of him.

When she was satisfied with her working and waiting Emi popped back up into the same closet she'd been in before. This time she was more careful, taking moments to actually peek out for any signs of things which might catch her or, rather, things that were abnormal. Only once the necklace was returned and the detective was on his way out did she act. He had clearly put it back in place so he wouldn't be at risk of being considered a subject in its theft. She didn't need to worry about that. Nor did she need to worry about the cameras or the security system. Both had already been defeated and so absconding with the jewelry piece came easily.

Once she was outside Emi hid the necklace within a bush already picked out and, within the same bush, slid her dress back on over the other clothes. With her hat settled atop that she waited for the detective to leave the building. Then she'd begin stalking him.

Just wish it wasn't raining.

• Like 2

Now that his job was done and Isaac was sure that there were no Yokai left haunting the place, he decided it was time to get out of there. He spoke to one of the guards and assured him that the spirits wouldn't be a problem anymore. The detective also said that it might be a good idea to reinforce security around the necklace exibition area, even thought he doubted that they would be able to stop the ninja bunny girl he met a few minutes earlier. The guard thanked Isaac for his services and said that he should come back on the next day to recieve his payment, after all, it was owner of the who is supposed to pay him.

Isaac simply noded at the man and made his way out of the museum. The cold yet gentle rain drops washed over him, causing his clothes to get soaked, but that didn't really bother the detective. "It's just water, not a big deal." He said to himself as he ventured forth into the city. Feeling a bit hungry, he decided to go a naerby burger place. The place itself seemed simple enough and Isaac wasn't really picky with this sort of thing. Once inside, he ordered himsepf a simple burger and relax a bit while checking on his phone while he waited. It didn't take long for his order to be ready. The burger wasn't bad, but it was still no match for the ones he ate back in his hometown. He would have to go back some day to visit his parents anyway. 

Once he was done eating, Isaac paid for his meal and headed out into the rain again. He walked for a bit before finding a pretty dark and discreat alleyway. Not wanting much attention, he got into that dark area before using his strings to open the portal to his house in the Yokai world, which closed immediatly after Isaac passed through. Finally at home, Isaac brushed his teeth and sat on his favorite couch before picking one of his books and continuing to read it.

Edited by Akira
  • Like 2

There he is.

As the detective ventured off for his home Emi followed behind him, keeping her distance and now gowned in her dress and hat. A slight shiver ran down her spine. It was a bit chilly today. She'd have to get herself some hot cocoa when she returned home but right now she had important business. After all she couldn't just leave this person to roam around on his own while he knew her identity!

He ended up stopping inside a burger place, forcing Emi to wait outside while he ate. She remained huddled within an alleyway, shivering all over while the rain drenched her. The sun might have helped right now. Oh well. As long as she didn't catch a cold. That would suck.

Finally the man ended up leaving, venturing out to the streets. Again she took to following him. He ended up turning into an alleyway, and as she peeked around to check on him her eyes widened in surprise. Did he just make a portal? she thought to herself, moving a hand to rub at her eyes. Unfortunately it ended up closing far too quickly for her to follow him in. About a minute following the man's disappearance Emi ventured over to where he'd been, waving her arms around.

Yep. Some sort of portal. No door unless it too can be ethereal. Well. Frick.

With a gentle sigh she turned and headed home. There wasn't anything to be done now. Perhaps she'd find him again another time.

What a terrible day of school that had been! Unfortunately Emi had managed to catch the cold. She'd tried to go to school but they'd simply ended up sending her home early. Oh well. At least her employer had managed to pick up the necklace and Emi had managed to stave off the unfortunate demise of her parents for another day.

Now however it was the weekend! They hadn't even contacted her about a job yet. Perhaps she'd finally get a day off? That was Emi's plan anyways. To celebrate both her day off and her having kicked the cold Emi had decided to enjoy breakfast at a nice little cafe she often ventured to.

And so Emi sat alone in a corner booth, sipping on a mug of hot cocoa while she waited for her chocolate chip pancakes. She was dressed in her usual attire, hat included. Heck, she didn't even wear her infiltration suit! No bad guys to worry about, no tests, not even any homework! Yep, today was going to be pleasant with absolutely nobody to disturb it!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The detective was still reading his book. He always had very profound love for literature, specially when it comes to adventure books. He just loved to imagine tense and action packed scenes described on the pages. He even considered writting one a few times, however, he doesn't consider himself creative enough to actually create a interesting and engaging story like the ones he loves to read so much. It' not a big deal, though. He has other hobbies and passions to get involved with, such as music and a few TV shows.

Eventually, the tired detective let out a soft yawn, a definitive sign that he had enough for a day. After setting a marker to current page he was reading and setting the book asside, Isaac made his way to his bedroom and quickly got himself confy in his bed. Soon enough, he found himself drifting to sleep. His mind was now free to explore the endless possibilities offered by the dream world. Even if said freedom was, unfortunately, very short lived.

The blue-eyed boy slowly but surely woke up from his well-deserved night sleep. He took a deep breath before getting out of bed and heading for the bathroom so he could take a shower. After he was done with his shower and brushing his teeth, he proceeded to put on some clothes, but nothing really fancy. Blue jeans, black shoes and a white T-shirt. While under most circuntances his breakfast would simply be a few fruits he cultivates at his backyard, Isaac decided to have breakfast somewhere on the city. It sounded like a good opportunity for him to explore the town a bit more. Plus... a hot cup of coffee would be great right now.

Getting out of the portal, the detective found himself in the same alleyway from last night. Now that he was out of his save heaven, Isaac was quick to summon Yoshitzune in his etheral form, so he could keep an eye on any potential threats. He walked around the area a bit until he found a pretty nice looking cafe and decided to get in. He sat at one of the avaliable tables and ordered himself and simple cup on coffee and some waffles. Yoshitzune was quick to notice the bunny girl from yesterday sitting at one of the nearby tables "Master! It's her! The female from the past day!" said the Yokai, causing Isaac to look where his friend was pointing "Well, what are the odds?" Whispered the detective with a slight chuckle "We are not here to spy on her, but please keep an eye on her ok? There is clearly more to her than meets the eye"  

• Like 2

Emi was the paranoid sort. She sat with her back to a corner despite her inability to really be killed. Each person that entered was given a brief inspection. Such tendencies nearly lost her a hot cup of cocoa when, out of the blue, the same detective from before entered the cafe! For a brief moment her ears stood on end, body tensing up.

Is he here for me? Did he follow me?! Nobody saw him tailing me, right? They don't know about him, do they? What if they think we're working together?!

Her heart rate spiked. The mug remained glued to her lips while the boy sat down, although when he looked her way Emi averted her eyes back down towards the table, setting the drink upon it. Despite the hammering of her poor little heart Emi could very easily make out the man's whispered words, even with the background noise. Her ears were certainly not for show! But all it did was bring a wave of relief to her.

Okay. Okay it is just a coincidence! He isn't here for me.

Blue orbs darted about the cafe's interior. He wasn't here for her but could there be others? Did her employers have eyes or ears here? She couldn't be certain, but she did want to make contact with this stranger. After all he had some weird gifts and she had to be absolutely certain that he wasn't being used against her, or her against him, or that he might end up becoming some pawn in their game.

That might work! But this is going to suck.

With a breath to steady her nerves Emi stood from her table with her mug, waving down a waitress. She pointed to the table Isaac was seated at before making her way over, smiling to the man with slightly flustered cheeks. Arms pressed to her sides as she lowered her head in a brief bow. As she slid into the seat opposite the boy Emi pulled out a pen and a little notepad. After writing out some words she pushed it over towards him, lowering her head slightly yet again.

'Hello. I don't know if I am being watched. Please pretend that we are meeting for a date. What is your name? Why were you there the other night? How are you able to do the things that you do?'

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The detective was lost in hos thoughs when his coffee was delived to his table. He nodded slightly to the waitress in thanks before taking a sip. That heavenly feeling the of hot, bitter sweet, black liquid invading his mouth washed over his senses. He wouldn't be able to enjoy it for very long, though, as Yoshitzune soon called for his attention "Master!  She is approaching you! There are too many people around here for me to act. You'll have to deal with her by yourself for now." the detective cursed silently as his brief moment enjoying some coffee goodness had been broken. He kept one of his hands on the mug he was drinking from while sliding the other inside his pant's pokets. Once positioned, he already began to manifest a few strings, just in case he needed to defend himself. 

Much to his surprise however, the girl approached him in very formal and polite way. Including a smile and a slight bow. Not to mention that, now that was waering normal clothes instead of a skin-tight suit, she looked like a simple girl like any other, asside from the bunny ears, that is... Isaac watch with morbid curiosity as she pushed a chair and sat in front of him before pulling out a notepad and writting him a message. The blue eyed boy took another sip of his coffee before reading the contents of the message. Honestly? She was being a bit overwealming at first. Asking a lot of questions right off the bat and even asking to pretend to be on date with her because she is afraid of being watched. Isaac's rational side was telling him to get out of there before he got himself into unnecessary trouble, but his detective curiosity got the best of him and he decided to play along.

"I am glad you could make it here" said Isaac with a slight false smile "It's my hope that you didn't have much trouble finding this place" the detective then began to write back to her on the notepad with the pen

'Whoa whoa calm down will ya? That's a lot to ask out of the blue like that... well, first of all, my name is Isaac. Second of all, I was hired last night to find the night guard who had gone missing. And as for the last question... that I can't tell you. How about you tell your name and why you don't want to talk to me? Or even better, who do you think it could be watching us?'

After he was done writting, Isaac pushed the pen and notepad back at the bunny girl.

• Like 2

A smile. It's fake but that is better than nothing.

Emi's smile wasn't fake. She was genuinely glad that he was willing to play along. Upon reading the note he returned to her things started to make a little more sense. He hadn't been there for her at all! No, she'd simply been unlucky enough to perform a job on the same day he was investigating something else.

They have some law enforcement in their books, although I doubt they'd have someone like him. Too young. Maybe. I mean I guess they have me and I'm not that old either.

She had to be careful, but she wasn't going to get much if information only flowed one way. In fact maybe he could even help her with her predicament! It sure would be nice if she could get rid of the people controlling her. Perhaps this was her one way of doing that! But that would require a little more information.

Again she started to write in her notepad. It was a little slower, partially because she needed to choose her words carefully, partially because she was hesitant about spilling the beans. What if he were actually one of them? That could turn out poorly. And even then, if he wasn't one of them then she'd be roping him into the same mess she was in! But he was a detective. It was his job, right?

After double checking the note she slid it over. Just in time too as her pancakes arrived! With a smile towards the waitress Emi dug into the sweet chocolately goodness!

'I am Emi. I apologize for not speaking to you but it is not because I don't want to. I am mute, you see. As for who might be watching us let me just say that what you saw last night is not a profession I take on voluntarily. It is something best left spoken about in private. However I think that you might be able to help me with it. May we go somewhere private after breakfast? I'll pay for yours. Unless you'd like to share mine. It is very good. Would hold up the cover a little better too.'

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The detective noticed the waitress arriving with the girl's order as she wrote on the notepad again before pushing it to Isaac once more. The silver haired boy couldn't help but yo notice that smile on the bunny girl's face was actually pretty legit, or at the very least she was way better at faking it than he. Isaac didn't like lying to people and he wasn't really good at it either. Before reading the note again, the detective noticed that, while eating her pancakes, the bunny girl seemed to be really happy and enjoying herself, it was kinda cute actually. "Pancakes huh? I should have guessed you would order that" he said with a slight chuckle, faking the whole 'date' stuff again.

As for the note itself... well, it sure clarified a lot of things about the girl. Like why she simply refused to speak to him. She wasn't avoiding talking to him, she simply couldn't, bacuse she is mute. Isaac felt somewhat bad for approaching the subject the way he did, but at least he got her name: Eri. A pretty nice name, sounded good. Out of all of that however, what got the most attention from the detective was the 'involuntary work' part. Was she being forced to do all of that? By whom? And why? And what were threatning her with? His mind was absolutely flodded with questions after reading that part. Once again, the detective found himself dealing with another internal conflict. On one hand, he would likely be getting himself involved with some really dangerous people, but on the other hand, he didn't want to leave Eri to deal with a problem of that scale by herself. It was also clear that she couldn't deal with that problem alone. Plus... his damned detective curiosity kept tingling with excitment. 

Before Isaac could consider the part about sharing breakfast for the sake of the 'date' cover, the waitress arrived with his waffles and placed them over the table. He nodded at her in thanks before cutting and eating a small piece. The waffles were great! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Still, keeping the cover was in his best interest... he would have to think on something, but for now, he decided to write on the notepad.

'Oh... I see... I am sorry, I didn' know. Well, before I decide if I am going to help you, I'll need more information and details on what we are dealing with, so... yeah, sure. We can go somewhere else after we are done here. I'll be paying for my breakfast, though. As for covering our "date" a bit better... well..."

Isaac then pushed the notepad back at Eri and waited for her to read before cutting another small piece of his waffles and stabbing it with his fork and offering to her. He had a slight blush in his face as he did that, despite his attempts of hidding it. "Came on, give it a try" he said in a soft voice tone

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Emi's chowing down of her pancakes slowed a slight bit. What? People liked pancakes! That wasn't- oh wait he was probably just playing the part. Right. She wasn't used to interacting with people, especially not in this way. Sure, she'd had dates before! Okay, like one date before. It didn't go anywhere good either. All it had been was some other person's cover for infiltrating her life. But that was still experience!

It's just faking a date. You can do that much.

At least the boy seemed to be contemplating what she'd written down. He was a detective so of course a mystery like this might intrigue him. It also gave her a little bit of relief: if he were hired by the same people then it probably wouldnt've taken this long to respond. Or perhaps they were just really good at their cover. Either could be the case. She supposed she'd learn more once they were alone.

Waffles? I guess waffles are pretty good too.

When the note was pushed back to her side Emi paused her munching. Him paying for his food was fine. And of course he was right to be wary of all this. They would meet somewhere private after this, but where? Her home probably wasn't a good idea. They knew where she lived and they could probably bug the place. She checked weekly but who knows if they had something she just couldn't detect? His place would certainly work, but there were three issues with that. First, would he allow it? Second, would she be safe going through a portal which lead who knows where? And finally, it would look really naughty.

First date and already going to a boy's house? Imagine what people might think! But then who cares? It's just a cover anyways, and if they thought that then it might even help! Right? Besides, maybe I'm just being paranoid and maybe nobody is actually watching right now. It would still be a little weird though. I've never been to a boy's house outside of work.

Suddenly a piece of waffle was offered to her! The little bunny stared at it, eyes blinking repeatedly as though to check if what she was seeing was actually real. Pink gradually blemished her otherwise pale cheeks.

Right. The cover. Good idea.

With a timid lean from her seat Emi scooted forward, securing her lips around the fluffy morsel. As she sat back down she chewed it slowly, averting her gaze towards the table. Only after she swallowed it did she decide to write on the notepad, sliding it back over to his side. Of course she decided to copy him as well, cutting a piece of her pancake with her own fork to extend his way while he read her response.

'Where should we go? My place might be bugged. They know where it is. A movie theater would work for the date cover but it would be dark. We could go to your place unless you have a better plan. Also the waffle tastes nice. Thank you. Good idea too. Don't be afraid to do whatever must be done for the cover.'

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Before Isaac could read the notepad again, he was surprised by Eri mimicking his previous action and offering him a small piece of the pancakes she was eating. Dammit! Why must his first date be so damn akward? Well, one might argue it wasn't really a date, since they pretty much just met each other, but still... that entire situation kinda sucked. Once again forcingly hidding his slightly blushed cheecks, the detective took the bite Eri offered him, just as he expected, the pancakes very fluffy and sweet. A true delight, even though he still had a slight preference to crispiness offered by his waffes. After chewing a bit a swallowing, Isaac read the notepad once again.

After reading Eri's note, the detective honestly had to make a titanic force to not shout 'BEGONE THOT!' at Eri. Honestly, he had troble keeping his meme lord side under control every now and then. Thankfully, he was able to keep it together. Otherwise... well... best case scenario, the girl would have ran away crying and would probably never talk to him again. 

Putting those thoughts asside, the detective began to think on where they could go. His house was an absolute no go. He didn't trust her nearly enough to allow her into the Yokai world. Not to mention that the spirits don't really take strangers kindly. Eri's also wasn't a possibility, so they would have to think on somewhere else... Maybe a public plaza? Could work for the 'date' cover, but is far too open. A mall? Even worse. Maybe a library? There is bound to be less people around there and since they are communicating through notes, silence wouldn't be a problem. Yeah, that could work.

'Well, my house is... shall we say... "off limits" for now. We'll have to try a different place. How about a library? Less people and very silent. Could work right? Also your pancakes are also very tasty'

He wrote on the notepad before passing to Eri again. He then took another bite of his waffles and another sip of his coffee as waitef for the bunny girl's response.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Off limits. Makes sense. Given differing circumstances I'd say the same thing. A library though? Who goes to a library on a date?

Still, she supposed it would have to do. While she continued to munch on her pancakes Emi wrote out her response. It wasn't that she disliked libraries. They were actually pretty nice for some quiet time and, of course, for reading. She did enjoy reading. But so much of her life was already filled with silence. And, again, what normal people went to a library for a date?

'That works.'

It wouldn't be so bad. They could find a nice little corner area to sit in together. Exchange quiet notes. A good way to converse. Perhaps he knew of good ways to check for bugs. Then maybe they could go to her place if need be. Or, well, something. It really depended on whether he'd be willing or even able to help her.

Finishing off her pancakes didn't take Emi very long. Once she finished the little bunny wiped off her lips with a napkin and waited for Isaac to pay. Only then did she scoot out of her seat, slinging her backpack onto her back. With large fluffy tail wiggling Emi scooted over to walk next to the boy, ready for their little foray to the library!

• Like 2

Isaac kept on calmingly eating his breakfast, it had been quite some time since he last treated himself to some waffles and a nice cup of coffee. Eventually, he read Eri's response about going to the library and simply nodded at her in approval. Before long, the detective had finished his breakfast and it was a good thing that he had a reinforced one, since he had the feeling it was going to be a loooong day. He cleaned his mouth with a napkin and paid the waitress before finally getting up and heading out with Eri. 

They kept on walking side by side until they were at a considerable distance from the cafe "So uh..." began Isaac in a somewhat shy tone "I haven't been on this city for long... which library do you think we should go to? OR... if you are willing to take the risk, I might be able to get rid of the bugs in your house, but you'll have to trust me for that..." he explained

• Like 2

A single ear lifted into the air while they walked, focused upon the boy following along by her side. So he was new to the city? This was actually pretty good news! That made it less likely that he was within the corrupt clutches of her employers. It also meant that he was less likely to be well known by the organization and, therefore, he was a bit safer. After all she was trying to avoid hurting anyone.

It's not like I have anything to lose by trusting him at this point. I'm pretty sure he isn't with them. And there is no way I can take them down alone. Not with what they have.

Emi jotted down a quick response within her notepad, holding it up for the detective. She was really going out on a limb with this, but it was also only fair that he knew the risks. He was a detective though, so perhaps he already understood what he was getting himself into here.

'If you think you can find them then I don't mind taking you to my place. However if they see you entering with me then you might get roped into things really quickly. These are very dangerous people. I don't want you to get hurt. I would like to trust you, but only if you know the consequences for helping me. If all this sounds like too much then I would understand if you decided to just walk away now.'

Even so she'd begin leading the two of them to her place! It wasn't very far from the cafe. She'd chosen the place because it was close. Also it had good food. A double win, really. When they reached the street corner she stopped, leaning against the closest building. Halfway down the block lay a very large modern apartment complex. She'd nod towards it, writing out another note.

'That is where I live. Room 714.'

• Like 2

To Isaac's surprise, Emi pulled out her notepad out of seemingly nowhere and quickly wrote an answer on it. As Isaac read he got a somewhat better understanding of the stakes here. Apparently, some really powerful and dangerous people were involved. Once again, he found himself dealing with a dillema. Help a girl who was clearly helpless and risk getting himself involved with some really nasty stuff or back off and try to live with the fact that abbandoned a person who needed help really bad. He took his time considering both options and made his decision shortly after reading which room was Emi's.

Silently cursing his moral compass, he sighed before replying to her. "Look, I think I should tell you right now that I am not a official detective. I am a private one. My job is to simply investigate and gather intel. Protecting civilians isn't my duty, however... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I abbandon you right now, so... consider yourself in luck" Isaac took a deep breath and began to analyse the place. He carefully scanned the area for possible camera locations. There were a few cameras which he assumed to belong to the police, still he didn't want to take any chances. "Alright... things will get weird, soooo... trust me ok?" Isaac then summoned 5 small and differently shaped Yokais in etheral form "I need you to turn those cameras upwards, please. There, there, there, there and there." the spirits were quick to do their job, but Isaac didn't let them go just yet. He knew there would be more. He calmly made his way to the apartment Emi had nodded towards and once again sent his spirits to clean the area by turning the cameras to a different position, eventually asking them to dubble check everything. Once he was sure it was safe, he proceeded again until they finally reach Emi's room. "Alright guys, I promisse this is the last one ok?" he wispered to the Yokais, who once again went inside, but this time they straight up disabled the cameras by breaking them, which was easy sincd they were small. Soon, they came back to say it was safe "Thank you very much" Isaac wispered back at them with a slight bow "I promisse I'll lit a candle in your honor when I get home" with that, the spirits returned to the Yokai world and the detective waited for Emi to unlock the door "It's safe now. You can open the door."

Edited by Akira
  • Like 2

Perhaps he wasn't an official detective, but he was still a guy with a good moral compass. She knew already that the probability of him helping her out was pretty good for that exact reason. Honestly she felt a little bad about roping him into all this, but then she'd also already given him a chance to back out. That was fair enough, right? It didn't make her a bad person. She just wanted to protect her family.

Heck, if he asks for payment I can do that too!

Things would get weird? When weren't they? Still she gave him a brief nod and stuck close to his side when they ventured forth. The building itself was fairly new, perhaps a couple years old at the most. Everything was still fairly shiny and unused. Thankfully there weren't too many cameras, partially because Emi was already doing as she was told. They really didn't have too much reason to stalk her heavily. But now their cameras would be gone and there would be no evidence that Emi had anything to do with it.

That's going to help me sleep a little bit at night.

Once they reached her door and the green light was given Emi did as she was asked, unlocking and opening it up. She had a simple apartment complex: a small foyer with a closet leading into a living room. On one side was an open kitchen attached to an open dining room and on another the glass door opening out to her little porch. One door from the kitchen led to a small walk-in pantry, another to a half bathroom. There were two doors for her living room as well: one leading into a closet and another into her bedroom. Going further would then lead to a walk-in closet with her washer and dryer. Beyond that lay the master bedroom. All in all a well enough place to live. Everything was still as new as the rest of the apartment.

As soon as they were both inside Emi closed and locked the door behind them. She trusted Isaac's ability to clear the place out and so she didn't bother with her own search. Shoes were kicked off into the foyer's closet and her backpack was settled next to it. The little bunny ventured over to sit on the one couch in the living room, otherwise dominated by a couple of reclining chairs and an entertainment center. Emi ended up patting a seat next to herself, mostly because it'd be easier to communicate that way. Then she wrote a note for him!

'Thank you. I trust in your abilities to clear any bugs so we should be able to speak candidly now. You don't trust others easily. I understand this. In fact I am normally the same way. However you are different. You're an outsider and you seem to have some interesting abilities. You also seem like a good person. At this point there isn't much I could lose by telling you things so I'll just go ahead and explain everything. The short version of the story is this: my father got into trouble with some bad people. I have abilities and I use them to steal for these bad people. By stealing for them I pay off my father's debt, or at least that's how it was before. Now they just expect favors and I expect that if I don't do them then they'll do something to my parents. I moved here so they wouldn't have to see what I do and so I could keep them separated in case something happens. I'm good at what I do. Really good. I try not to hurt people. If I don't steal for those bad people then they'll hurt my family. And I'll admit that I steal for myself as well, but only what I need and never from people who can't afford it. If I could get rid of the bad people then I would, but as soon as I made a move they'd know where to find my parents. I also don't know how far up their corruption goes in this city. I know they have some cops on their payroll. I think they are part of some criminal syndicate. I just know them as The Syndicate. Any questions? Would you like something to drink?'

Okay, it was quite the note, but she got out what she thought she had to in this instance. If he was going to trust her then she'd need to trust him first, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

As they ventured forth inside Emi's home, Isaac couldn't help but to look around a bit. That place sure was fancy, well... at least when compared to his own house in the Yokai world. The detective left his shoes right besides Emi's and proceeded further in. He exitatated for a moment when she implied for him to sit right beside her, mainly because this was the first time he was alone with a girl about his age and in her house. Until now, every time he had to talk to someone about work was in an office or something like that. Ultimately, though, he sat beside her since he figured it was for comunication reasons.

Once he began to read the new note Emi had written, Isaac once again found himself being a bit overwealmed by the amount of info. Emi sure was straight forward, but he kind of liked that. Even ignoring the incredible amount of info, it made things a bit easier to process. After he was done reading, he let out a slight sigh before replying. "Alright, I think I got the gist of your situation. If we really are dealing with a big organization, our best approach would be to wear them down little by little, weakenning their influence and power. However, that would take far too much time, and they would likely go after your patents if they even suspect you are invold. Fortunately, there IS another option. Cut off the snake's head, and the body will die. Going after their leader is our best option. Do you have any idea on how or where we can get that info?" Isaac was absolutely desgusted by that orgazination. Blackmailing a little girl into doing their dirty work? That's abominable to say the least. "Oh and no, I don't want to drink anything right now, thank you"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

While Isaac looked over the note Emi remained completely still. It was a bit awkward sitting next to a boy like this. Alone. In her place. He was pretty handsome too! And he could do some neat things. If circumstances were different then perhaps they would be on a date! They'd be sitting and eating popcorn while watching a movie. Or, well, whatever else people their age did in these circumstances.

Fooling around. Probably. I bet it'd be pretty nice too.

Alas things were not different. They weren't here on a date, but instead they were here discussing how to take down an evil organization without getting her parents killed. Nor were they ordinary teenagers. Emi was a serious little thief and Isaac was a serious detective! The chances that either of them would be up to those sorts of things was very unlikely. Well, probably.

I guess if this were a noir thing we'd probably be doing stuff, right? The detective always sleeps with his client. I think.

The bunny's big fluffy tail wiggled slightly when Isaac spoke up. He was going to help her! That was a relief. He did have a good point as well. If they could kill off the leader then maybe she could find some escape. But it wasn't going to be that easy and there were a few issues with this idea. Another note was passed over.

'Problem is I don't know who their leader is. We never meet in person unless I mess up. They'll send some people to correct me if I do. It's not very pleasant. Thing is I don't mess up. I'm good at what I do and I don't like being hurt. They only ever send me a disposable phone in the mail. When they call I answer. Usually it's just texting. I relay instructions for pick up and then I destroy the phone. Unfortunately they are very organized. Even if we killed their leader someone else would just step up. I'd also need to wipe out any information they have on me or my parents. Getting rid of people who know about us and then the information would free us. But I don't even know where they work out of.'

A gentle sigh left the girl. One hand drifted up, scratching atop her head. She slid her hat off, settling it upon the table before flopping back into the couch's cushioned embrace. The thought that she might be able to finally break free from these people's grasp was making her a little more anxious than she liked. Having a cute boy in her apartment didn't help matters either. Even so she tried her best to put those thoughts off. Once she got thinking about them, well, things got a little warmer under the collar.

I guess maybe we could try luring them into a trap. But as soon as we did that they'd be on to us.

• Like 2

After reading Emi's most recent note, the detective found himself in a bit of a dead end. Turns out that tge members from 'The Syndicate' as, Emi called them, are far more careful that he was expecting. It seems they really are dealing with proffesionals here. Isaac crossed his arms and closed his eyes. His back sunked a bit more into the couch and he tapped his fingers gently against his own skin. A faint and low 'hmm' like noise escaped him every now and then as he burned his brain cells trying to think on how to deal with that situation. Maybe they could interrogate one of cops under their influence? That would likely lead to torture... better put that idea asside for now. If they were to succeed, they would need more data... more data...

Isaac's suddenly shot open as finally had an idea on how to proceed. "Data! That's our answer! If they truly are an organization, then they likely have stored data on who does what. You said they send you phones right? Next time you get one, let me have a look. I just might be able to track them" said the silver haired boy with quite a bit of entusiasm on his voice. Proud of thinking on a solution for a problem such as this one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

As it turned out The Syndicate's careful maneuvering seemed to stump even the detective! That was a bit unsettling, but then she also knew that she couldn't just expect to have results right away with this sort of thing. It would take time. Preparation. Their own careful maneuvering and positioning. Perhaps even a stakeout! People still did stakeouts, right?

Data? Well he does have a point. Something that big has to have records somewhere. But that's still an issue.

Emi jotted down a quick note, passing it on over to the boy's lap.

'Disposable phones. Can you still track that? If so then we could do it that way. We'd need to exchange numbers. Do you still get reception when you leave through the portal? I don't know how that works.'

Waiting. She didn't like waiting, especially not after getting her hopes up like this! But if she had to wait then she'd wait. If that were the case though what would they do in the meantime? Did that mean he was going to leave?

It's kind of nice having company over for once. I'm going to miss this, even if it is a bit quiet.

• Like 2

As Isaac read the new note, already began to formulate how to put his plan together. Even if the phones are disposable, he would certainly be able to back track the origin of the data with the help of his Yokai friends.

"Yeah, don't worry. Even if I can't back track the data base through a disposable phone, I have few friends who most certainly can" he replied in a confident tone. There was just one problem... "Unfortunately, there is no rection in my house. It is located in a completely different dimention after all... we'll have to think on something else" Isaac rubbed the back of his head as he said that. He surely didn't want to overstay his welcome and make things even more akward.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well that sure is convenient. Whatever works, right? He sure is useful in a situation like this. I bet he'd make a great partner if he ever wanted to get into this sort of business.

Unfortunately it seemed there wasn't really a good connection at his place. It sort of made sense and knowing that also gave her a little more information about it. He wasn't just popping to another place. No, it was as though he were entering another world entirely! That'd explain why he wouldn't get a connection. Thankfully she had a solution to this issue! It really came down to how comfortable Isaac was with the idea. Another note was passed to Isaac.

'If it makes things easier you can stay here. I've trusted you this far. Just bring some of your things and move in temporarily. I promise I'm not a terrible roommate. You can even use the bed. It's only fair. Unless you're uncomfortable with the idea, in which case I can go and steal something and pay for a hotel.'

She didn't mind having his company. It proved pleasant enough thus far! And she'd be lying if she said she wasn't curious about what it was like living with someone else her age, let alone a boy. Heck, even if she did sleep like she normally did she doubted that he'd mind.

I'm sure he's curious too, right? Why this might even be fun!

• Like 2

Isaac found himself kind of surprised by Emi's suggestion. It sure was bold of her to offer to a guy she met not that long ago to sleep in her house. Then again, the other option of having her steal from someone just so he can spend a night or two on a hotel was... well, let's just say it was a no go. Plus, considering that he could easily and quickly open a portal to his house, should he need to get anything from there, was also an important factor. Not to mention that Emi doesn't seem to be a bad person. She is just a girl trying to deal with a terrible situation. Given the circuntances, he decided to accept her proposal.

"Very well... in that case, I'll spend the night here. But I am NOT sleeping on the bed! It's your house after all. I'll just sleep on the couch or something." Like hell he was going to let her sleep on the floor or couch of her own house! In his eyes, that would be a terrible abd disrespectful thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Good! That makes things a little easier! Should have figured he'd say something like that though. He does seem like a good guy.

With a little shake of her head Emi replied with a brief note. 'You can have the bed or we can share it. I won't allow a guest to take the couch or floor.' Sharing was fine. Probably. Okay, perhaps not quite so safe considering her heritage, but she really didn't mind. Although perhaps she was just a little excited to have company over. Or it might have even been something else. She was in a little bit of a teasing mood though. Anything to lighten the atmosphere. So she passed over another brief note!

'You don't mind if I sleep in my underwear, right? Or would you prefer less?'

Was that a bit too much? She really wasn't used to communicating this much with other people. It was a skill she sorely lacked. Still, what better time to work on it?

I wonder what we should eat tonight? Maybe pizza. That's easy enough. What are we going to do? Who knows when they'll send me another phone. Could be days. We have so much time to kill.

Edited by Chiyako
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

After reading Emi's first note, Isaac let out a long sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose for a few seconds before looking back at her. Emi seemed determined to not let him sleep on the couch. Shareing a bed with a girl like that seemed so... wrong. Then again, she was just trying to be a good host, which is by no means a bad thing. He knew that he would to be careful to not do anything she might consider... uhm... shall we say, bad, but given the circunstances and the fact that likely wasn't going to change her mind, he decided to accept. "Ok. Fine. You win. We'll share tge bed." 

That second note, though... well, for the second time on that day, Isaac found himself fighting against his memelord side, who wanted to shout 'BEGONE THOT!' from the top of his lungs. Jokes asside, he really wasn't expecting that. He got red as a tomato before trying to reply "A-are you serious? Why would-" he stopped himself there with another sigh while avoiding eye contact with the bunny girl "J-just... do whatever you want" he said in a shy tone while still red.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Good! I can be a good host. And, if I had friends, I could totally say I slept with a guy. It'd be true too. I'd just need to get the friends. Yup. Super easy.

The little bunny stared up at the older boy while he read over her messages. Isaac's flustered state drew a smile out of the girl's lips. Her fluffy tail again started to wiggle with glee! It was kind of cute really. Although she was expecting something else. Perhaps some counter teasing? Or something a little more gruff and serious. Instead she got something more, well, real.

Whatever I want? Oh I could have plenty of fun with that. But perhaps I shouldn't push him too hard. He is being really nice about all this.

He was, wasn't he? Isaac had volunteered to help her with her problem. A total stranger. Someone he'd been at ends with a few days before. Heck, he was willing to trust her enough to sleep at her place! For all he knew she was armed and dangerous! Which of course she was. She had weapons stashed all over and a secret spot where she hid a majority of her illegal goods and equipment. Honestly he was really going out on a limb for her.

Emi leaned in, wrapping her arms around the boy's side for a brief hug. It was the best way she could think of to show her gratitude. Well, okay, not the best way, but probably the most appropriate for the moment. Perhaps a kiss? But he was embarrassed enough. Again, best not to push too hard.

After releasing the hug she wrote another note.

'Thank you. You don't understand how much all this mean to me. So what is the plan now? Do we want to wait here? Or do something else? Go anywhere else? If we're going to hang out here then I'm going to get a little more comfortable. Also I am sorry in advance if this at all becomes awkward. I don't really have friends and I don't usually spend time around other people. Feel free to let me know if you're uncomfortable with anything, okay? This is all very new to me.'

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up