======================================================

[ Location: Kalath ]

Rayvenne was someone of few words, it was evident by her not being as talkative as the two, but it wasn’t a bad thing. It meant she was far more observant in that case, she believes?  From speaking with her and watching her body-language it felt like she was sage of experience. Some type of war-veteran, that made Alice want to see her in action. But she could’ve been over analyzing, she had a habit of allowing her imagination to run wild and suspects Luna was probably the same-way.  Though she couldn’t help to notice the lonely and empty atmosphere left behind when the last customer outside of them had gone, then again it was getting late and it was probably slow business hours.

Another munch of her bread as she listened to what Luna had to say, “A dragon?” Now that was huge, “Aren’t those extinct or something?” She’s only heard about them in stories and myths – seeing one up close would be very exciting! These two sure as heck had big ambitions, “Dragons are usually depicted as antagonist in stories, but I feel even in those stories, they’re more misunderstood than actually evil.” So trying to communicate with one was a more reasonable course of action, “I can’t say for certain one will attack or even be evil. Never met one.” Thus this’d be interesting,

“So I would definitely like to see one or go with you, please Rayvenne!”

The woman would then plead, “If things go badly, you’ll have one more person to back you up! I imagine Dragon’s are very powerful after-all!” Though she didn’t mind sharing parts, the monsters usually went in packs, “Of course, sharing is caring!” She’d conclude on Luna’s conditions, “I only take out those of evil intent anyways.” However, humanoid monsters were more lonesome, just because of how powerful they were to hide within society among the people allowed them to be less of a pack-rat.

Edited by Ice Queen
  • Love 2

• Senior Staff
On 3/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Neptune said:

As Natia approached him, Baellator reached out with his snout, knowing that she wanted to pet him and was more than willing to let her do it. His eyes half closed in pleasure as she ran her hand up and down his massive head. When she kissed his snout, he snorted lightly and nuzzled her in return, his tail flicking from side to side almost like a puppy wagging its tail when it was happy. While their small exchange was happening, Rowan tidied up their camp and eliminated any sign of their presence to make it look like as if neither of them were there. It was just in case anyone was attempting to track either of them down. For Rowan, his enemies, and for Natia the slavers that had captured her in the first place. He figured that when they got into town, he would need to get her some proper clothing so that she wasn’t relying on his own clothes. It would also allow him to get her a cloak to give her. Not only for the warmth, but it would allow her to hide herself away. White hair and purple eyes were unusual features in the main population and he didn’t want any slavers to find out that she was here. Not until he could ensure her safety at the Palace. He knew his father would not protest him bringing her home. He had a soft spot for eccentrics.

He then turned and smiled slightly when he saw her blushing a little and looking shyly down at the ground, even as Baellator was nuzzling at her shoulder affectionately. He came forwards, patting the huge Aelda on his proudly curved neck before he stroked it a little, “Let’s get you on.” He said, before pausing and looking down at her with a faint grin, “Even if I get a saddle in the next town, I imagine I’ll still need to help you climb on.” His grin then faded into a thoughtful frown as he now looked at Baellator, “... that is, if I can find a saddle large enough for him. I’ve never seem a equine this large before.” He said. Baellator snorted again, raising his head slightly as he seemed to look rather smug about that.

Rowan snorted in amusement before shaking his head, “Vain bastard.” He accused the horse before he then picked Natia up. He gave her a loving peck on the lips before he lifted her higher so that she could grip onto Baellator’s mane. When she had, he hoisted her the rest of the way so that she could slip on. Once she was in place, he gripped Baellator’s mane and climbed up himself to settle behind her. Her wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back against his chest and gripping the mane again, “Alright, Baellator, let’s go.” He said, causing the huge creature to turn on the spot and walk out of the small hidden clearing. Once they were out, Rowan glanced around but could see no one near before he nudged Baellator’s flanks with his boots causing the Aelda to move forwards at a trot, “Thankfully, we shouldn’t be encountering as much trouble than we did in the forest.” Rowan said, leaning down so he could speak the words directly into her ear.

Each time Baellator nudged her, Natia couldn't resist but to snuggle with his big head. Despite his massive and intimidating size, the horse was actually quite adorable once you broke the ice. She was a little embarrassed, still, to need Rowan's help climbing onto the horse, but then he mentioned a saddle. She wasn't quite sure what that was, but from context clues she could figure was some sort of tool to make it easier to climb a horse? She figured she'd ask him in a bit so didn't bother bringing it up now. It wasn't long before Rowan lifted her and placed her on top of the horse. It was much less scary this time and actually somewhat enjoyable, being lifted into the air like a child by Rowan. She even let out a faint giggle as she was plopped onto Baellator's back. She wrapped her arms around the horse's neck and snuggled into the back of its warm mane, still petting his neck by moving her wrists. She didn't want to make Baellator feel jealous of Rowan, after all. 

After Rowan climbed onto the horse and pulled her close, she let out a soft sigh, her arms falling from being wrapped around Baellator's neck to resting on the sides of his neck. Natia nodded in agreement when Rowan suggested that they wouldn't run into as much trouble here. At the very least, she could only hope it was true. She really wasn't sure if she could handle another swarm of howlers. Natia snuggled closer into Rowan's grip, trusting his ability to hold her onto the horse much more confidently. By now, the aches in her limbs were completely gone, though, and her body felt as though they'd never had sex at all the previous night. 

As Baellator began to trot out of the clearing, Natia slowly leaned forward. "Baellator... that is a really long name to keep saying, don't you think? What if we shortened it? What if I called you 'Bael?' Do you like that?" She spoke calmly to the horse as she gently scratched behind its large ear. "I think it'd make a cute nickname." 

• Love 2

• Community Administrator

Rowan chuckled at Natia’s suggestions of a nickname. He felt an impression of a mild indignation and amusement from Baellator as the huge beast continued to move at a brisk trot before speeding up into a rolling canter that would easily eat up the miles before them and allow them to reach the nearby town, perhaps by mid-day. Rowan caught more impressions from Baellator, almost like flashes of understanding. With his ear still close to her ear, he said, “The name amuses him, but he prefers his full name. It means ‘The Mighty Protectorate’. The name Bael would simply mean ‘The Mighty’ to him. So cute it may be, I think it takes away from the full meaning of his name, which is quite important to him.” Rowan said, trying to explain what Baellator had tried to show him. 

He then said, “I believe Baellator is what we would call a War Horse, but he doesn’t see himself like that. He sees himself as a protector, a defender of those that cannot. He’s quite prideful in that regard. I think that’s why he was so eager to jump in and help us; because he wanted to protect us from the Hounds.” His arm tightly wrapped around her waist, keeping her close to him as the other gripped the dark fur of his mane. The canter was a little uncomfortable due to the lack of a saddle to cushion the bouncing, however he knew it was the quickest way to get to the next town. He knew it was going to be a nervous experience for Natia, but he would do what he could to ensure that she was comfortable. 

Rayvenne froze when attention was suddenly brought to her by Luna who insisted that she had a hand in the decision of letting this complete stranger come along on their journey. Slowly, she picked up the last piece of her bread and tore it in half to scoop some of the remains of her soup from the bottom of her bowl as she let out a sigh. She raised the bread a little, before it lowered slightly as she rested her elbow on the table as her dark eyes shifted back over to the other two. They actually looked like an odd pair, and yet there was a tentative friendliness between them as they seemed quite eager to talk of adventures with one another. 

After a few moments she said, “If Luna thinks it’s alright that you come along, then that’s fine with me.” He eyes continued to bore down into the stranger, “But I warn you; you try anything foolish towards Luna or myself, I will not hesitate to deal with you.” She paused to make sure her words sunk in before she then added, “If you have no intention of doing anything like that, then you shouldn’t have to worry.” 

She turned her attention back to her food once again and asked, “My name is Rayvenne. Freelance Monster Hunter. What is your name, stranger?” She then took a bite of her bread and chewed on the soup soaked loaf as she waited for an answer. Rayvenne hoped that the stranger took her promise seriously. It would be massive headache if she decided to try and stab them in the back later. Due to her small size, and the fact that she was a woman, people often underestimated Rayvenne. While at first it was amusing to prove them wrong, it had long become tiresome. 

• Love 2

Luna shrugged once. She was fairly certain that Dragons still lived! After all Rayvenne seemed to think so and the bunny trusted her completely! Besides, she just held onto too much hope that they still existed. It would've been sad to learn that they'd all died out.

"I like to give all things a chance to be good first! It just seems to be the right thing to do, you know?"

Now the girl plead directly to Rayvenne! Of course it made sense. Luna too was requesting her companion's thoughts on the matter! After all wasn't that something friends did? They could probably trust this girl too! She didn't even want much out of it! It was reasonable for her to share the profits of their hunts!

As it turned out Rayvenne was fine with it! There was a brief warning of course but it was entirely understandable given all things. And so with a grin Luna flashed the girl a thumbs up! Thats all she needed to hear!

"Then welcome aboard!"

• Love 2

======================================================

[ Location: Kalath ]

All eyes were on Rayvenne for the ultimate decision, would she allow Alice to accompany them? After all, it was sudden and the two seemed to have problems with maybe previous encounters with other human beings of the greedy nature. Not like she wasn’t greedy herself, it was human nature unfortunately to want more than what you should have, but she wasn’t overbearingly tainted like that, neither were the two before her it seemed. The woman’s fingers fiddle in anticipation of Rayvenne and Luna’s decision. Then Rayvenne’s lips finally departed to give them both words of her final decision, alongside well-intended warning, something she would expect of adventurers that had been caught in terrible situations, she was someone who could relate to that sort of thing, “You’re really the best, Rayvenne!” The woman would praise, not even flinching towards the threat, as if it didn’t really bother her much – because it didn’t. She expected people to retaliate if something bad went down, it was only common sense that Rayvenne would attack and press her if she turned out to be the scum of the world,

“I expect nothing less!”

Full on in agreement, surrendering to the likes of Rayvenne’s will in seconds, “I’m Alice Harper from the Adventurer’s guild. I’m not that impressive yet, but surely I’ll get there.” A grin accompanies her words as she felt confident she could continue to rise through the ranks, though it would be rather difficult to accomplish, she wouldn’t give up on trying to become stronger than she was now to bring forth her own dreams and goals. “A monster hunter huh? Freelancin’ too. That must be rough, at least the Adventurer’s guild has a gathering for larger beasts of the realm, but you are out here alone trying to take them down.” It was remarkable in her opinion, but it was also foolish and reckless to her too, because she remembers the dreadful terror she had been forced to endure a year ago and that was multiple people together fighting one dangerous creature. But then she had Luna too? So she wasn’t exactly alone,

“Have you two known each other for long?”

Rayvenne gave off the protective motherly nature, but it might’ve been for the sake of her job that she was so protective, though the woman didn’t really know that. So she could only speculate that Rayvenne held a fond attachment to Luna that made her risk herself to protect her through the thick and thin. The woman would go back to dipping her warm and freshly brewed bread into the still steaming soup, “You are very kind, Luna!” She’d exclaim directly after the girl’s own high-pitch tone of reassurance, while the was nothing wrong with giving chances, she needed to be careful about that too. Luckily, she had Rayvenne to see through the bad and good, “I’m glad for the chance to show you I’m not evil.” A jest over the earlier conversation of warnings,

“So Rayvenne have you ever seen a Dragon first hand? What are they like?” Abit curious since she’s never come across one and they would eventually meet one face-to-face, that made goosebumps cross over her skin – such excitement being held within momentarily, she couldn’t wait to see what they were like,

“Thank you for the warm welcoming, Luna.”

Edited by Ice Queen
  • Love 2

At the girls acceptance of the threat, Rayvenne turned her eyes back to the remains of her bread, eating the remains as the stranger finally introduced herself as Alice Harper. Her eyebrows furrowed a little at the mention of the Adventurer’s Guild. She had heard of it in passing herself, but to her it seemed to be nothing more than a guild of hopeless romantics who thirsted for travelling around. And like many other places, they were unlikely to accepted a freak like herself. At least not truly accepted her. Merely used her, like everyone else tended to do. She was useful. Nothing more. She rubbed her thumb along her fingertips to rub the bread crumbed from her fingers and into the now empty bowl. She felt satisfied, as the soup had really hit the spot. It was just what she needed. She looked up again when the woman inquired how long they had known each other, but she decided to just let Luna answer that. 

She stood up and moved over to the bar, slipping onto a stool next to Luna as she asked Glenn, “Ale please.” She put a few coins on the counter, watching as he pulled out a tankard and filled it with the amber liquid before he placed it on the counter in front of her while taking the money. She picked it up and sipped it, before pausing at Alice’s question. She put the tankard back down on the counter, “I have seen a dragon. A few times in fact. Killed one or two as well. As for what they’re like… it depends on what kind of dragons you encounter. Red dragons, black dragons, green dragons, gold dragons, Eldyr Dragons, Wyverns, Faerie dragons, Pixie dragons… Isn’t all of this in your little Adventurers guidebook?” She started off explaining before realising that for adventurers this should be basic knowledge especially for those that travelled Craethiel, “While rare, they live around certain areas of Craethiel like the mountain peaks of Enutpen’s Glory and the Rosayia Forest. We’re heading to the mountains for the dragon that Luna wants to find. I think she’s being a little too optimistic, since most dragons are either feral or want nothing to do with other species.”

• Love 2

"Oooh. Adventurer's Guild? I've heard of them before! Actually my parents have worked with them in the past. They're pretty neat!"

With a nod she lifted her bowl, finally slurping down the last remnants of her dinner! A content sigh left her lips as she pushed the bowl away. "That was delicious! May I please have some milk?" she requested, slapping down another coin! Milk would wash it all down nicely. Also it'd be more filling! And of course there were the rumors about its potential for assisting not only with growth, but with development in certain areas she currently lacked!

"Actually we met not too long ago! But it already feels like we've known each other for longer. She's really cool and really nice! It's great traveling with her. I'm looking forward to traveling with you too! I mean, one can never have too many friends, right?"

It was nice that Rayvenne had decided to come visit them! As the woman sat down Luna visibly pepped up, bouncing just a little bit in her seat! Even her tail started to wiggle once more! "Eheheh. I might be a little too optimistic. But you never know! Maybe we'll get lucky, right?"

• Love 2

=====================================

Kalath

Alice would eat the last piece of soaked bread, before drinking up the remains of the soup, a satisfying sigh escaping her lips. It sure did hit the spot, “That was so good, I’ll definitely drop by again sometime in the future for another taste.” A nod to confirm her intentions towards what she could assume to be the owner of this fine establishment, “Well, of course, these things are cataloged, but I don’t really read those things.” She’d admit, perhaps it wasn’t wise to go in blind, though the girl liked to be surprised when it came to monsters, figuring out the weaknesses and the like during battle made it feel more accomplished when she won. However, she is surprised when Rayvenne confesses to killing one or two, “Solo too, huh? You must be really strong and capable.” Made sense then for her to travel alone more than naught,

“You’re in good hands then, Luna!”

But the fact remained that she hadn’t ever run into one, “We used to guard villages on the outskirt of the lands from monster invasions, Dragons are more secluded, aren’t they? Makes sense that I wouldn’t run into them in that case.” We, whoops, she should’ve said her- she doesn’t catch the slip until later, “I mean me, I’m sure the adventurer’s guild has some that run into some or it wouldn’t be databased.” There is a smile before she pushes onto another subject, Luna’s parents! “Oh, they did!? That’s cool, it’d be great if our parents worked together a long time ago. Then this meeting surely would be fate!”

Though the friends comment catches her off guard, but it wasn’t something unexpected, especially from the very optimistic mage herself, “Yeah. Can’t have too many friends.” Something she didn’t really want to encourage, but she didn’t want to upset her either, “Feral, hm? Well, I mean, Rayvenne might be right, Luna. Though we can give it a try still, just don’t get your hopes up, okay?”

• Love 2

“Of course, little lady.” Glenn said, responding to Luna’s request for a glass of milk. He moved to the remains of Rayvenne’s meal, picking up the plate before moving over to Luna and Alice and piling the plates on top of each other before he disappeared out back. Rayvenne picked up her tankard and sipped at the cool liquid before frowning as Alice admitted that the things she spoke were cataloged but she never read those things. To Rayvenne, that was a serious flaw. If one didn’t know what one was facing, then it could end easily in ones death. When dealing with dangerous monsters, it was best to prepare yourself so you can keep yourself alive long enough to take care of them. It was one of the reasons why she did so well despite being a solo operative. Because she always made sure to know what she was getting herself in form. Of course, not everything went according to plan. But she was good at thinking on her feet, an ability that had helped her with numerous encounters in the past. 

As Alice explained that she was used to guarding villagers from monsters, Glenn came back in with a glass of milk which he placed down in front of Luna. Rayvenne turned her head a little to look over at Alice, her eyebrow raising a little as she switched from ‘we’ to ‘I’. When Alice clarified that she meant that the adventurers guild might have run into some, but not her, herself, Rayvenne looked back into her tankard, assuming that when Alice spoke of ‘we’, she spoke of the guild and yet when spoke of ‘I’, was talking about her own personal experience. She seemed to zone out a little when the subject shifted to talking about Luna’s past. Rayvenne hoped that it was one that wouldn’t continue. She was certainly not going to talk about her own past. It was no business of anyone’s but herself.

She looked off again to the side when Alice encouraged Luna’s optimism. Her pessimistic side thought it would be a good idea, especially if the reality was as bad as she thought it was likely to be. But she said nothing and just turned her attention back to her drink. She drained the last of the liquid from it and put it down on the counter, “I’m going to unsaddle Maedoc and bring my bags in.” She then said to Luna, giving Alice a slightly suspicious glance of warning not to do anything funny, before slipping off of her stool and moving over to the front door where she slipped out into the warm afternoon air. She moved over to Maedoc, patting his neck as the animal nickered towards her. She untied his reins from the pole and instead lead him around to the stables. She lead him into one where she began to strip the saddle and reins from him.

• Love 2

"Its thanks to brave people like you two that people like me even still make a living. Or really live at all in this world! You girls really don't get enough credit in this world."

It was true. Powerful warriors and mercenaries might have held the brawn within the world, but the true power lay with those who could afford to keep it. Those with money. Especially wealthier merchants with their own trade empires. It was a shame really. But at least Luna could count herself as not being cut from the same flock!

"Yeah! It would be pretty neat!" she responded, accepting her tankard of milk with a gracious nod. Unfortunately she'd never get the chance to know whether or not that was actually true. Her parents were dead and she doubted that they held any records about those sorts of things. Still, the thought was pleasant enough. Much like the milk!

While the little bunny sipped upon her milk she glanced between the other two. Their words probably held closer to the truth of what might be. Still, she would hold out hope until she discovered that it was for naught! Only then would she lose it. When Rayvenne stood to tend to her horse Luna's ears perked right up! That's right! She had her own business to take care of! And so she quickly chugged down her milk, wiping her lips with a content sigh!

"Right! The market! I still have a little daylight! Uh. I'm going to head on over there! We have a room here so if you wanna come with or just hang out with Rayvenne or come visit us later either option works for me! Also thanks again Mister Glenn!"

Regardless of whether or not Alice followed the little bunny slid off her seat and rushed on out to her wagon! It was time to take it to market for a few hours!

• Love 2

• Senior Staff
On 3/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, Neptune said:

Rowan chuckled at Natia’s suggestions of a nickname. He felt an impression of a mild indignation and amusement from Baellator as the huge beast continued to move at a brisk trot before speeding up into a rolling canter that would easily eat up the miles before them and allow them to reach the nearby town, perhaps by mid-day. Rowan caught more impressions from Baellator, almost like flashes of understanding. With his ear still close to her ear, he said, “The name amuses him, but he prefers his full name. It means ‘The Mighty Protectorate’. The name Bael would simply mean ‘The Mighty’ to him. So cute it may be, I think it takes away from the full meaning of his name, which is quite important to him.” Rowan said, trying to explain what Baellator had tried to show him. 

He then said, “I believe Baellator is what we would call a War Horse, but he doesn’t see himself like that. He sees himself as a protector, a defender of those that cannot. He’s quite prideful in that regard. I think that’s why he was so eager to jump in and help us; because he wanted to protect us from the Hounds.” His arm tightly wrapped around her waist, keeping her close to him as the other gripped the dark fur of his mane. The canter was a little uncomfortable due to the lack of a saddle to cushion the bouncing, however he knew it was the quickest way to get to the next town. He knew it was going to be a nervous experience for Natia, but he would do what he could to ensure that she was comfortable. 

Natia was startled when Baellator suddenly began to speed up. Perhaps his goal was just to get them to town faster, but, coupled with Rowan's chuckling, Natia couldn't help but feel concerned that she may have offended the creature. As Rowan began to explain to her, Natia blushed in slight embarrassment. She honestly had no idea what a 'protectorate' was, but she could piece together an idea. "I... see..." Confident that Rowan would protect her from falling off, Natia released one hand from Baellator's mane and gently began to pet the side of his neck again before leaning forward to kiss the back of his head behind his ear. "Well, you certainly are a mighty one, Baellator. I understand that you are proud of your name, so I'll respect that." She reached up with her hand to scratch him behind the ear where she'd just kissed. "But just because you're big and mighty doesn't mean you can't have a cute side, too~"  She spoke in a more playful tone, scratching him a bit more actively. 

Natia could sense Rowan's concern for her, so she leaned back into him so that he could more easily hold her if he needed to. She didn't mind riding the horse without a saddle. Even though he was strong and moving quite fast, she'd ridden on him without a saddle earlier and had a lot of fun, especially with Rowan there to hold her. She was no stranger to riding animals without saddles and, still, didn't even know what a saddle was. 

"My name has a pretty simple meaning. It means 'hope,' nothing more, nothing less." Natia explained, continuing from where the brief discussion had been left off.  "I suppose my father named me such because it was what he saw in me..." She sighed softly. "He always had all these expectations for me. It was kind of frustrating because everyone thought I was his favorite but things always just felt unfair. I wasn't allowed to be a normal kid. He acted like I was some sort of prodigy and placed all sorts of harsh rules on studying and practice when I've always been just... me..." She shook her head slightly. "So, yeah, I'm sorry, I just don't usually think of meanings behind names." She looked up at Rowan. "Isn't it a little silly to let a name assigned to you by another person define who you ought to be?"

• Love 1

Baellator let out an indignant snort when Natia told him that he couldn’t have a cute side. His snort died down into an almost rumbling neigh as he tossed his large head. Rowan couldn’t help but to laugh out loud at that, as he felt as if he could almost read the large horses mind, “He says that he most certainly not cute but thanks you for respecting his name.” He told her before chuckling a little more, “Although I think he’s more embarrassed that you called him cute because he feels flattered.” Baellator snorted again, causing Rowan to chuckle even more, “Yes, he’s more flattered than offended, especially since it was you, Natia.” He told her, assuring her that she had done absolutely nothing to draw the huge Aelda’s ire. He kissed her on the top of her head when she leaned back into him, allowing to keep her in a tight and secure hold as they continued moving at a swift pace. 

His attention was brought back to her when she began to speak, opening up about her life as a child and the expectations that were put upon her by her own father. Rowan couldn’t help but wince in sympathy for her. He was glad that he was so far the line of succession, otherwise his childhood might have been like hers. Full of expectations of duties and responsibilities. He liked the freedom he had right now, the ability to do what he wanted. Granted, he was happy to use his skills to help his father and thus their Kingdom however he would have never handled the stress of being the Crown Prince. He had seen what it had done to his half brother, who had given himself into all kinds of debauchery. He smiled a little, his golden eyes warm as he nodding down at her, “Yes. Yes it is silly. I’m sorry things were like that for you, Natia. I can tell you something; I wouldn’t have been able to handle that. I’m too… rebellious. I’m the black sheep of my family. The odd one out. My father is… a great man. An important one. My entire family is, but I’m the one who goes against the grain. I’ve forged my own life. I’ve only ever let my own expectations define me.” He then gave a rueful chuckle, “Most of my brothers absolutely hate me for it. They’re all a bunch of lazy louts, who do nothing and yet I’m working hard to build my own life that has nothing to do with the duties and responsibilities of my family.” 

• Love 2

• Senior Staff
18 hours ago, Neptune said:

Baellator let out an indignant snort when Natia told him that he couldn’t have a cute side. His snort died down into an almost rumbling neigh as he tossed his large head. Rowan couldn’t help but to laugh out loud at that, as he felt as if he could almost read the large horses mind, “He says that he most certainly not cute but thanks you for respecting his name.” He told her before chuckling a little more, “Although I think he’s more embarrassed that you called him cute because he feels flattered.” Baellator snorted again, causing Rowan to chuckle even more, “Yes, he’s more flattered than offended, especially since it was you, Natia.” He told her, assuring her that she had done absolutely nothing to draw the huge Aelda’s ire. He kissed her on the top of her head when she leaned back into him, allowing to keep her in a tight and secure hold as they continued moving at a swift pace. 

His attention was brought back to her when she began to speak, opening up about her life as a child and the expectations that were put upon her by her own father. Rowan couldn’t help but wince in sympathy for her. He was glad that he was so far the line of succession, otherwise his childhood might have been like hers. Full of expectations of duties and responsibilities. He liked the freedom he had right now, the ability to do what he wanted. Granted, he was happy to use his skills to help his father and thus their Kingdom however he would have never handled the stress of being the Crown Prince. He had seen what it had done to his half brother, who had given himself into all kinds of debauchery. He smiled a little, his golden eyes warm as he nodding down at her, “Yes. Yes it is silly. I’m sorry things were like that for you, Natia. I can tell you something; I wouldn’t have been able to handle that. I’m too… rebellious. I’m the black sheep of my family. The odd one out. My father is… a great man. An important one. My entire family is, but I’m the one who goes against the grain. I’ve forged my own life. I’ve only ever let my own expectations define me.” He then gave a rueful chuckle, “Most of my brothers absolutely hate me for it. They’re all a bunch of lazy louts, who do nothing and yet I’m working hard to build my own life that has nothing to do with the duties and responsibilities of my family.” 

Natia giggled once again at the response from Baellator. Rowan's explanations helped to reassure her that she had done no wrong, so she didn't feel guilty at all in laughing. It was true, though. She did genuinely find Baellator to have a certain air of cuteness to him. She loved that, despite being such a massive bulk of muscle, he had a genuinely sweet and gentle side. And the fact that he got so flustered after being called cute only added to his cuteness. 

As Natia leaned back and felt Rowan's gentle kiss, she blushed softly and smiled up at him. In spite of the speed that they were traveling, she found the position to be surprisingly relaxing. It was all because of Rowan's embrace, of course. She wouldn't feel this way in any other situation. There truly was something special about this man. Her hair flowed in the wind as she continued to stare up into his golden eyes, listening intently to his voice. But her smile turned into a soft frown as he mentioned his brothers' feelings toward him. "Your brothers... hate you? I can't even fathom that... Sure, my brothers and sisters of the tribe were jealous of me, but never have I doubted that we would gladly lay down our lives for each other... The idea of losing another member of our tribe is such a terrible thought... It's why my father was so strict on his rules regarding leaving the village..." Natia gripped her upper arm, looking down with a penitent look on her face. "Oh, they must all be worried sick about me... I really hope none of them tried to search for me and ended up getting captured, too... I would never be able to forgive myself if I caused my friends to get hurt in search of me..."

• Love 1

“I hope that as well, Natia. I hope that if they are searching for you, they are searching for you as a group.” Rowan told her, trying to put as much assurance into his voice as possible. Of course, there was the chance that her family already thought of her as out of reach, or even dead. It was possible that they could have already given up searching for her. But he didn’t want to be that pessimistic. He barely knew their culture, and thus he didn’t know just how resilient, or determined they were when it came to searching for lost members of their tribe. Of course, if they were searching for her, it might mean that it would be easier to track them down in turn. When they reached the next town, he resolved to speak one of his contacts there so spread the word to those that worked for him to keep an eye and ear out for Natia’s tribe. He hoped that he might be able to track them down and thus assure both Natia and the tribe that each other were alright. While he might not want Natia to return to them, and thus never see her again, he did not want to keep her from her family. That would be cruel of him, and the last thing he wanted to be to Natia, was cruel.

He smiled down into her purple eyes, almost wishing that he could kiss that cute little nose of hers before the smile dropped slightly and he said, “And yes… my brothers hate me. A hatred born of jealousy. They are not nice, unlike me. As I said; I am the black sheep of my family. My brothers don’t like the fact that I am so independent. They claim that I am a traitor of the family, because I’m looking out for my own interests. But in doing so, I’m helping my family far more than all of them put together. But I don’t rub that in their faces. I prefer being one that works in the shadows.” He meant that in more than one fashion. He preferred being the shadow of his father, doing the jobs that his father couldn’t do. He was an important part of the Royal Court, and his father knew his importance and thus allowed him to operate as he wished. He got information for his father that his usual channels wouldn’t be able to get. Such as the real opinions of his subjects, not the biased ones that his servants fawned over to give to him. Rowan also kept an eye on all of the activities of his brothers, on his father’s order. Especially the Crown Prince. After all, his father wanted to ensure that he was leaving the throne to the right person. 

===============================

Kalath

Alice would raise her hands in jest at Rayvenne’s look to give an “I’m not doing anything” gesture, before allowing Luna and Rayvenne to take care of their own business. Of course, the woman is content listening to Luna’s praise – she appreciated when others recognized her hard work in keeping people safe, she didn’t particularly like being suspected of ill-will, but it was to be expected. Most people wanted something and while she did want something, it wasn’t from them at all. Eventually, she’ll gain what she wanted to help this gem’s restlessness,

“Thank you, Luna. I appreciate the acknowledgment.”

But the job usually didn’t come with it a lot, though when Luna decides to head to the market, she’ll trail along with her to see what the market here was like or had in store for them. “What are you looking for Luna?” Perhaps some ingredients for one of her potions or experiments? Though she’d glance around at the vendors to see what they were selling, while following along with the bunny, while this place was safe enough – they couldn’t be too sure.  Alice assumes Rayvenne would join them shortly anyways, regardless- she wouldn’t let Luna wonder off alone and kept to her side for now, “This place isn’t too big luckily.” So traveling to the market didn’t take but a few steps away from the inn/tavern,

“Well, nothing like the capital, right?”

• Love 2

• Senior Staff
8 hours ago, Neptune said:

“I hope that as well, Natia. I hope that if they are searching for you, they are searching for you as a group.” Rowan told her, trying to put as much assurance into his voice as possible. Of course, there was the chance that her family already thought of her as out of reach, or even dead. It was possible that they could have already given up searching for her. But he didn’t want to be that pessimistic. He barely knew their culture, and thus he didn’t know just how resilient, or determined they were when it came to searching for lost members of their tribe. Of course, if they were searching for her, it might mean that it would be easier to track them down in turn. When they reached the next town, he resolved to speak one of his contacts there so spread the word to those that worked for him to keep an eye and ear out for Natia’s tribe. He hoped that he might be able to track them down and thus assure both Natia and the tribe that each other were alright. While he might not want Natia to return to them, and thus never see her again, he did not want to keep her from her family. That would be cruel of him, and the last thing he wanted to be to Natia, was cruel.

He smiled down into her purple eyes, almost wishing that he could kiss that cute little nose of hers before the smile dropped slightly and he said, “And yes… my brothers hate me. A hatred born of jealousy. They are not nice, unlike me. As I said; I am the black sheep of my family. My brothers don’t like the fact that I am so independent. They claim that I am a traitor of the family, because I’m looking out for my own interests. But in doing so, I’m helping my family far more than all of them put together. But I don’t rub that in their faces. I prefer being one that works in the shadows.” He meant that in more than one fashion. He preferred being the shadow of his father, doing the jobs that his father couldn’t do. He was an important part of the Royal Court, and his father knew his importance and thus allowed him to operate as he wished. He got information for his father that his usual channels wouldn’t be able to get. Such as the real opinions of his subjects, not the biased ones that his servants fawned over to give to him. Rowan also kept an eye on all of the activities of his brothers, on his father’s order. Especially the Crown Prince. After all, his father wanted to ensure that he was leaving the throne to the right person. 

As Rowan spoke of his brothers, a chill rattled Natia's bones. Something about the idea of these men being 'unlike' Rowan she found to be disturbing. With what little she knew about outsiders, and based solely on Rowan's choice of wording from before, she could only take that to mean that these men would be the type to enslave someone like her had they been in Rowan's shoes... had it been any of them, things may have played out so much differently... But there was a reason it was Rowan who'd discovered her in her time of need. It was fate. Goddess Cera had placed him in her life to serve a very specific purpose and she couldn't have been more grateful. 

"You said before that most people are nice and wouldn't take advantage of me in my position... But I get the feeling these brothers of yours aren't among those people... Do you live with slavers? People who would seek to use me? They would try to take me from you, wouldn't they?" Rowan had promised not to let another person touch her, but the idea of being so close to someone like that made her anxious. "I don't want anyone but you..."

• Love 1

"Hey there Lucky! Meet Alice! Alice this is Lucky!"

With a smile Luna brushed her hands through the little horse's mane. Behind him lay a small wagon cart. There was a little door leading into it and places which clearly slid out to form, well, something! It was anyone's guess unless they knew that Luna was, in fact, a traveling merchant and alchemist! Regardless, a carrot was retrieved and fed to the horse.

"We're headed to market for a few hours. Please bear with it, okay? You'll have rest soon enough."

Following her promise Luna led the horse off to the market! It was simple enough to find a spot. After all the place wasn't really that big and, as a stranger, people were actually curious as to what the little bunny was doing! "Not looking for anything right now. Nu uh. Actually I'm about to do some sales!"

Spinning to face her cart Luna extended a hand towards it! "Welcome all to Luna's Alchemical Emporium! We are now open for business for a few hours until market closes! Tell your neighbors! Tell your friends! Tell your family! Uh! Also I'm a healer so if anyone is sick or anything please stop by for a free checkup!"

While she went into her little sales pitch the wagon seemed to swing open! A little sign flipped out. Gears and other mechanical devices within the little mobile shop churned to life, clicking while an open storefront lowered open like a drawbridge. Drawers slid out, exposing many various vials and bottles filled with various concoctions. Briefly Luna disappeared into her wagon, shuffling around within until finally she took a seat on a stool behind the counter!

A few villagers did at least stop over to browse. But Luna knew it was late in the day. Sales were unlikely. At least, they were tonight! "Do not worry! I will also be around in the early morning when market opens! So feel free to take your time and consider your purchases!"

• Love 2

“I said that they were not nice like me, not that they were slavers. Just because someone isn’t entirely nice, doesn’t mean that they’ll enslave someone. The world isn’t that black and white. My father brought them up better than that, and he wouldn’t put up with that kind of foolishness in his house. And believe me, we don’t like angering our father.” Rowan told her, wondering where exactly that came from as he had said nothing to suggest that his family were a bunch of slavers. He then added, “You must have a very skewed view of the world if you think everyone is a potential slaver. I can pretty much promise you; that is not the case.”

He shook his head a little. Her imagination was running completely wild, assuming the worst. Clearly he had to be a little more careful with what he said. While his family had slaves and servants, they weren’t the unwilling kind. They were ones that willingly put themselves into that situation and that was the only kind that King Kail allowed for in his palace. He would no doubt have to explain the difference between those kinds of slaves, and the kind she was to be. But he decided that he would do that later. It was no doubt going to be one of those topics that was going to involve a lengthy discussion.

Once Maedoc was comfortably settled for the night, and happily eating the hay that was provided, Rayvenne collected up her bags and left the saddles. She noticed that Lucky and the wagon was gone, meaning that Luna was undoubtedly in the marketplace. There was still a couple of hours of shopping time left, which meant that she might be able to pick everything up she needed. She slipped back into the tavern, finding that it was empty of both Luna and Alice. It was only Glenn, cleaning a tankard. She came up to the counter and asked, “So what is wrong?” 

Glenn looked up, glancing around as if to make sure that they were alone before he turned back and said, “I think we have a mischievous critter. In the evenings, during the usual drinking times, we hear bangs, crashes and other sorts of noises coming from downstairs in the basement. I’ve tried to have a look, but I can’t see anything. It’s driving all the customers away, because they think the place is haunted.” 

Rayvenne frowned a little before she nodded slightly, “I’ll have a look later, Glenn. Hopefully I’ll be able to sort it out.” She said, causing Glenn’s posture to immediately relax as he smiled at her, “Thank you, Rayvenne. That means so much to me.” He said.

“It’s the least I can do.” Rayvenne told him before she moved off, opening the door that lead upstairs where she quickly ascended the steps and found the room she had rented with Luna. She dropped her bags down in the corner, next to to the wooden desk. She then paused before moving to one of the bags and pulling out Maed’s old Spell book. Due to its age, it looked a little worn but it was still readable. She moved it over to the desk before opening it up and shifting through it until she found what she wanted. The spell of Familiar Summoning. This was a fairly potent one, as it would cause Luna to enter a dream-like state. At least, that was how it would appear from the outside. However, her soul would be thrust into the Spectral Realm, where she would be allowed to wonder until she found a Soul that was compatible with her. Once she had chosen it, she would then place that soul within an animal of her choosing who would become its vessel. 

She returned to her bags and pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill before returning to the desk and beginning to write down the ingredients necessary to make a single attempt. Whether Luna purchased more than that, was up to her. But she was needed to make a special summoning chalk, if she didn’t already have one so that a summoning circle could be made. Then she needed to decide on what animal, of even creature she wanted. She also needed a special dream catcher that required a special spell to be enchanted on it that would send her to the Spectral Realm as well as anchor her soul to her body so that she didn’t become lost. Otherwise her spirit would forever wander the Spectral Realm and never return to its place. She wrote down the particular materials she needed to make the Dream catcher, such as raven and swan features, as well as spun cotton for the web inside of the actual catcher. The actual ring required a pure ring of gold, as gold was a fantastic element to conduct energy. To wrap around the ring, required a material to wrap around the metal to insulate it. This was a discretion, allowing Luna to pick whatever material she wanted such as suede or velvet. Or even plant-vines if she wanted to make it more natural and in-tune with nature. The brilliant thing about making this dream catcher was that once she had made it, she could use it again. With a slight shake of her head, Rayvenne continued to write down the ingredients list.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Senior Staff
On 3/23/2019 at 11:50 PM, Neptune said:

“I said that they were not nice like me, not that they were slavers. Just because someone isn’t entirely nice, doesn’t mean that they’ll enslave someone. The world isn’t that black and white. My father brought them up better than that, and he wouldn’t put up with that kind of foolishness in his house. And believe me, we don’t like angering our father.” Rowan told her, wondering where exactly that came from as he had said nothing to suggest that his family were a bunch of slavers. He then added, “You must have a very skewed view of the world if you think everyone is a potential slaver. I can pretty much promise you; that is not the case.”

He shook his head a little. Her imagination was running completely wild, assuming the worst. Clearly he had to be a little more careful with what he said. While his family had slaves and servants, they weren’t the unwilling kind. They were ones that willingly put themselves into that situation and that was the only kind that King Kail allowed for in his palace. He would no doubt have to explain the difference between those kinds of slaves, and the kind she was to be. But he decided that he would do that later. It was no doubt going to be one of those topics that was going to involve a lengthy discussion.

Natia felt a bit embarrassed after Rowan's response to her clearly unwarranted concerns. She shook her head. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm still a little on edge about going into society... but if everything you've told me is true, then I guess once we're actually there I'll probably be much more comfortable." She tried to justify herself as best she could. It was still such a complicated dynamic to her. "I guess it's just that, not only have I been raised to think that outsiders were evil, but I've only seen two different types of outsiders and the majority of them were slavers... So, it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that people can be unlike you, but not like them... You see, we Aequu sort of live as one entity. While we have our differences such as preferences, looks, and personality, we all share the same values and duties in our lives. So, I suppose you would say we are all 'like' each other. Since we're all alike, we generally don't have to worry about any sort of crimes or undesireable behavior..." She paused for a moment to think of what exactly that 'equality' meant. After all, they did have a sort of heirarchy, although a loose one. Of course, Goddess Cera was at the forefront of it all. Through her will, the eldest of the tribe would become the head of the rest of the tribe. That was supposed to be it, though. All other Aequu were supposed to be equal to each other, and yet her father blatantly placed such unrealistic expectations on her that he placed on none of the other Aequu. She certainly wasn't even close to being the eldest of the tribe any time soon, so why all the special treatment? The thought never really registered with her until she was explaining their views on equality just now. 

Natia sighed again as she nuzzled her head up into Rowan's chin. If they weren't on horseback, she'd take the opportunity to climb into his lap. The small girl just smiled to herself. "You know, in a way, I am glad your people have so much variety. It means nobody else is really like you, huh? I don't have to worry about falling for anybody else because you're already perfect for me, and I don't believe anyone could be better." Natia practically let out a purr as she continued to rub against Rowan's chin. 

• Love 1

Rowan listened to her speaking curiously, frowning as he tried to imagine what the Aequu were like. The fact that they all seemed to be alike seemed a little boring for his tastes. He doubted he could live in a society like that. He rather liked the variety of views, opinions and thoughts that came with living with his people, as well as being open to other species. Although he was a little surprised to hear that Natia had been raised to believe that all outsiders were evil. When she had been speaking about them before, she had seemed to speak of her people as if they were more enlightened than other species. But that single thing suggested otherwise, at least to Rowan. After all, he felt it was unfair to judge an entire species on the actions of a few individuals. It showed the level of ignorance that her people had when it came to outsiders. It was obvious that they really didn’t have contact with many outsiders of they thought that. 

When he felt her nuzzling up into his chin, he rested it against her head and tightened his arm around her slightly so that her small body was pressed harder into his own. He then chuckled a little, “You’re so sweet, you know that?” Rowan asked before kissing the top of her head, “I prefer our people being more varied. It means I get to meet a wide range of people. Some are nice, some not so nice. Others interesting, others not. But I guess that’s the adventurous side of me talking. It’s why I am so eager to move around the Kingdom on my own. I like adventure. It’s exciting.” He said, knowing that, that was another quality that made him a bad King. He wasn’t the type to like sitting down on his arse and dealing with laws and complaints. He liked adventure and he liked travelling around. Granted, he wasn’t travelling as he usually did but this was enjoyable in a different manner. 

He looked up when his sensitive ears caught the sound of rushing water which suggested that they were getting closer to the Ageon River. Which meant was that all he needed to do was to find the ford and they would be able to cross the river to where the town was. Baellator let out a snort, as if he could tell what Rowan was thinking and agreed to him. To warn her, Rowan said, “Love, we’re getting closer to the river and the ford. Which means…” He glanced up at the sun before saying, “We might reach Ryn’tur before the afternoon.”

====================

“Well, hey there Lucky!”

She’d greet while watching Luna interact with her small horse and wagon filled with probably her materials. Either way, that didn’t seem to bother her, thus she’d follow the two to the market, where Luna’s wagon would transform into a venturing stand for sales! Too be honest, it wasn’t too much of a surprise her, she expected the woman to sell her works to make a living, they had already discussed prior. “So I was right, you already sell your creations.” A smile comes to the woman’s lips,

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure everything goes right.”

The two didn’t seem very intimidating to the crowd probably, Luna was small, and Alice was approachable, holding to a large smile amidst the group that would probably glance and grander at Luna’s wares. She’d take a seat by the horse, not interfering with Luna’s business. Though she’d keep her eyes out for anyone of suspicious nature, even while it was a small and seemingly quiet town, she knows first-hand how quick the atmosphere and situation could change, it was like a blink of an eye that things could go wrong.

“Free check ups huh?” That was kind, she wasn’t charging for medical treatment like many others did, though they were doctors for a living- so it’s kind of made sense they’d charge. To her though, personally- medical treatments like this should’ve been free, so people didn’t have to worry or fret over dying because they didn’t have the proper coin-purse to give.

"That's kind of you, Luna."

• Love 2

"Uh huh! Thanks for keeping watch!"

She trusted in her new companion. It was just in Luna's nature. Sure, there were plenty of times when that'd ended up working against her, but she wouldn't change it despite the issues it often caused. Most of the time things ended up just fine! After all, she was still kicking around and she still had her own little merchant's wagon.

Quite a few people at least browsed her wares. A few even promised to return in the morning! Of those Luna expected maybe a fraction to actually honor their word. Not that people were untrustworthy. They just sometimes forgot or they ran out of money after getting more important items. At the very least she could help the village with their injured and sick. A good dozen people actually stopped by her cart for those services. She couldn't replace lost limbs or anything. Not yet. But still present wounds were an easy if not slightly tiring affair, and minor illnesses were quickly relieved through her healing palms!

"I like to leave things better off than how I find them if possible! Also its good to help people. Many people could use it too. And you never know who might be around when you yourself need help, right?"

As the day wore on the market ultimately started to close up shop. So too would Luna, having only sold a couple of minor health potions. But she'd healed quite a few people and she'd chatted with plenty of villagers. All in all it was a win for her! Once her cart was closed on up she'd begin leading it back for the tavern, sequestering Lucky away within the stables. His reigns were unhooked as well once the cart was properly put into park.

"Thanks Lucky. You can rest now."

• Love 2

==================================

How long had it been since someone, so kind fell into her lap? She didn’t see many people selfishly giving their services to the people. Herself included, she had charged for defending villages and people alike, she was greedy—Luna put her to shame. Though the situation also makes her reminisce about the past, a girl of similar talents, mainly healing- was as kind. She saw so much of her in Luna that it almost hurt, they had different personalities, but held to the same sentiments and believes when it came down to their healing. Alice had once asked why she gave it for free when it could give her wealth and the little White Mage just shook her head at the thought; “Helping people is my purpose, Alice. It’s why I’m a healer.” So the woman just stared at Luna vacantly and her aid momentarily, lost in her own thoughts and memories,

'I wonder if they’re around the same age too?' 

She questions herself in thought, continuing to stare hopelessly at the similarity of someone she’s lost. Up until one of the elderly approaching Luna’s free check-up had almost stumbled across the ground, Alice immediately pushing herself up from her past and seat to aid them from falling – quickly her arms go underneath the woman to keep her balanced, she figured falling would do more harm than actual good to the woman. She looked sickly and fragile, like someone easily broken by a stone.

“Oh. Thank you.” Cough, the old woman remains standing thanks to her shift movement, “No problem! Luna, we have one more.” Alice would aim to help and guide her to Luna’s healing palms, where her malnourished frame and ghastly pale skin would begin to look more flourished than before, though the woman probably needed more than just a healing palm to truly get her back onto her feet, but for now, that seemed to help her weak-body from completely collapsing. Alice would release the elderly woman now into Luna’s care – going back to watching over the market place, she’d glance off towards its edge, sort of whispering to herself, “It’s been two years, huh?” Then there is a shake and her composure would return, “Keep up the good work, Luna!” Her thumb would push up into the air, praising her deeds and allowing the healer to continue her duties.

• Love 2

• Senior Staff
On 3/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, Neptune said:

Rowan listened to her speaking curiously, frowning as he tried to imagine what the Aequu were like. The fact that they all seemed to be alike seemed a little boring for his tastes. He doubted he could live in a society like that. He rather liked the variety of views, opinions and thoughts that came with living with his people, as well as being open to other species. Although he was a little surprised to hear that Natia had been raised to believe that all outsiders were evil. When she had been speaking about them before, she had seemed to speak of her people as if they were more enlightened than other species. But that single thing suggested otherwise, at least to Rowan. After all, he felt it was unfair to judge an entire species on the actions of a few individuals. It showed the level of ignorance that her people had when it came to outsiders. It was obvious that they really didn’t have contact with many outsiders of they thought that. 

When he felt her nuzzling up into his chin, he rested it against her head and tightened his arm around her slightly so that her small body was pressed harder into his own. He then chuckled a little, “You’re so sweet, you know that?” Rowan asked before kissing the top of her head, “I prefer our people being more varied. It means I get to meet a wide range of people. Some are nice, some not so nice. Others interesting, others not. But I guess that’s the adventurous side of me talking. It’s why I am so eager to move around the Kingdom on my own. I like adventure. It’s exciting.” He said, knowing that, that was another quality that made him a bad King. He wasn’t the type to like sitting down on his arse and dealing with laws and complaints. He liked adventure and he liked travelling around. Granted, he wasn’t travelling as he usually did but this was enjoyable in a different manner. 

He looked up when his sensitive ears caught the sound of rushing water which suggested that they were getting closer to the Ageon River. Which meant was that all he needed to do was to find the ford and they would be able to cross the river to where the town was. Baellator let out a snort, as if he could tell what Rowan was thinking and agreed to him. To warn her, Rowan said, “Love, we’re getting closer to the river and the ford. Which means…” He glanced up at the sun before saying, “We might reach Ryn’tur before the afternoon.”

Natia just smiled giddily as Rowan held her and called her sweet before kissing her. Maybe, to some, it would be patronizing, but she loved when Rowan just couldn't resist her. It helped her feel genuinely loved, not that she needed any more proof of that by this point. Natia nodded slightly as he went on to give his take on variety.  "I agree... it's interesting, and you've proven that it can inspire many people to go above and beyond what is expected of them... still, it's also a little scary to not know what you're getting into. I mean, once we get to town there's no telling what kinds of people we'll run into, right? Don't your people go so far as to lock yourselves away at night just for fear that another will come and steal or hurt you? That's a lifestyle I simply can't imagine... we've always just slept outdoors. We aren't afraid to put our backs to each other because we have no reason to betray each other. Still, I suppose our lifestyle of remaining hidden from outsiders isn't too much different from you locking your doors..." 

Natia trailed off when she noticed Rowan's ears perking up. She was curious, but Rowan soon explained that they were approaching the river and that they'd arrive at the town before long. His use of the word 'love,' of course made her blush. The fact that they were approaching the town soon was a huge relief to hear that as, despite her reservations about assimilating into outsider culture, she couldn't wait to change into clothes that better fit her body as well as a chance to finally sleep in a more comfortable bed. Yes, resting in town certainly seemed like a high priority for her after all the two of them had been through. Whatever the town was like, she was sure it had to be safer than out here. Otherwise, what would the point of civilization even be? "So we'll be able to relax more once we're there, right? We can find somewhere comfortable to sleep? And we can get Baellator some well-deserved rest, too, right?" She gently patted the horse on the side while looking up at Rowan. She then reached up to scratch at one of Rowan's ears with a playful giggle. "And we can have more time together~"

Rowan couldn’t argue with Natia on the score that her people hiding away from the world was no different from locking their doors. It was similar. It was both means at which people protected themselves and their livelihood. There were advantages, and disadvantages to each of their societies. Natia’s sounded as if they would be far safer from each other, but they were so like it sounded like a boring place to live. But with them, they had far more variety of people but one had to better watch one's back although most people tended to just want to live in peace. It was the few that one had to look out for. He switched his attention back to Natia when she spoke again before he smiled. He then blinked as she reached up, scratching one of his ears which caused a shiver of pleasure through him. He smiled down at her, “I’m looking forwards to it.” He said, as Baellator let out an indignant snort. Rowan chuckled before saying, “Blaellator wants you to know that he could go at a dead run all day long and still only be a little tired at the end of the day.”

His smile was of amused tolerance, especially since Baellator was so prideful of his abilities. But he turned his attention back to Natia as he said, “And I’ll buy you some proper clothes. Befitting of a beautiful young lady such as yourself.” He couldn’t imagine she was the type to wear jewelry, although he had to privately admit that he liked the sight of the collar wrapped around her pale neck. Perhaps he could get a choker or something to replace it once it was removed? He tried to shake that thought out of his mind. He doubted that she would be interested. He looked up when he could see the river ahead of them as Baellator turned and started down the river, heading west as if he already knew where the ford was. Rowan straightened a little, but couldn’t see the town just yet. 

When Rayvenne finally looked up from her work, she noticed that the sun was getting quite low on the horizon. She frowned a little, displeased that she had been so immersed in her task that she had wasted so much time. Rayvenne had hoped to be able to do their shopping today, and head out early in the morning, but that was unlikely to happen now. She let out an irritated sigh before closing Maed’s book and returning to the bag, locking it up so that it couldn’t be stolen. After all, it was a rare and powerful book and she didn’t trust anyone but herself with it. She then stood up and brought her arms up above her head, curving her back as she stretched. She let out a soft moan as her spine cracked and popped before she relaxed completely and allowed her arms to fall to her side. She then picked up the parchment that she had been writing on and rolled it up before slipping it into her pouch so that she could give it to Luna later. Once everything was put away, she left the room and headed downstairs where she found Glenn alone at the bar. 

“Hello.” She greeted softly. The man looked up and gave her a friendly smile before she asked, “No more customers?”

“Not a single one.” Glenn said with a sigh of annoyance.

“Where’s the stairs to your basement? I’ll try and see if I can take care of it.” Rayvenne offered. Glenn looked so relieved as he told her, “Just behind the kitchen door, there’s a door that heads down to the basement. You will be careful, won’t you?”

“I will attempt to.” Rayvenne assured him, although she doubted it wasn’t anything dangerous. Otherwise Glenn and Lorna would have been hurt by now. It sounded as if it was something merely mischievous. Perhaps a goblin that liked playing pranks. She moved around the bar and entered through the door where she found Lorna standing next to a firespit where she was turning a pot of stew. She looked up and gave her a friendly smile, “Hello, dear. Looking into our problem?” She asked.

“Yes.” She replied, gripping the handle of the basement door but found that it was locked. She looked over at Lorna, who pointed to the wall where there were some keys, “The bottom one on the far right.” She said. Rayvenne went over and took the heavy iron key before going back to the door and unlocking it and opening it up. It was dark within the basement, so she picked up the nearest torch from the wall and stepped down the steps, closing the door behind her. Her steps seemed to echo around her as she descended into the basement. Once she reached the bottom, she raised her torch a little, causing it to illuminate several boxes nearby. But there wasn’t anything immediately obvious. She stepped further into the basement room, her steps as silent as smoke. The only sound she could hear was the faint crackling and gurgling of the torch fire. 

When she had reached halfway onto the room, there was a sudden pattering of bare feet against stone behind her causing her to turn around but she couldn’t see anything. Her black eyes narrowed as she remained still, her ears straining as she tried to listen. There was a sudden swishing sound to her right before she gasped in pain as an apple collided with the side of her head, followed by a mischievous giggle. She shook her head a little before moving towards the sound of the projectile, seeing an open crate of apples.

As she moved away to continue searching for the source of the mischief, there was an alarming creaking sound, causing her to snap her head to the left where a tall box of crates was leaning forwards a little too much for comfort. She quickly jumped forwards and out of the way as the boxes fell down, landing on the stone floor with a mighty crashing sound that mingled with another cackle from the unseen foe.

• Love 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up