Oh! Someone else!

One more sickly customer had arrived in order to take up the offer of free healing! Luna was all too happy to assist of course. She could understand why this person was late too: obviously they had troubles moving around.

After slipping a stool out from the wagon Luna assisted the woman with seating. Palms were raised up towards her body. A soft warmth left them, as did a soft glow of white light. This was all quite taxing on her but it was an easy price for her to accept. Helping people was its own reward, after all. Once the woman's ailments had been removed she pulled out some bread, meat, and a couple of carrots she had tucked away for her journeys!

"Here you go. Please find somewhere warm to rest for the night if you can."

With the food handed off to the clearly undernourished woman Luna awaited her departure, slipping the stool away once more after she'd left. The wagon was then closed and locked up for the night! After all she was rooming with Rayvenne.

"Thanks Alice! Lets head inside now. Or, well, I'm gonna head inside now if you wanna come!"

Humming softly the bunny turned, venturing into the tavern! As soon as she entered she lifted a hand, waving towards Glenn! "Hello again Mister Glenn! Has Miss Rayvenne returned?" Of course a sudden crashing in the basement caused both of her ears to stick straight up! What the what?

Edited by Chiyako
Trying to change size to 12 but its not working.
  • Love 2

• Senior Staff
On 3/28/2019 at 7:17 AM, Neptune said:

Rowan couldn’t argue with Natia on the score that her people hiding away from the world was no different from locking their doors. It was similar. It was both means at which people protected themselves and their livelihood. There were advantages, and disadvantages to each of their societies. Natia’s sounded as if they would be far safer from each other, but they were so like it sounded like a boring place to live. But with them, they had far more variety of people but one had to better watch one's back although most people tended to just want to live in peace. It was the few that one had to look out for. He switched his attention back to Natia when she spoke again before he smiled. He then blinked as she reached up, scratching one of his ears which caused a shiver of pleasure through him. He smiled down at her, “I’m looking forwards to it.” He said, as Baellator let out an indignant snort. Rowan chuckled before saying, “Blaellator wants you to know that he could go at a dead run all day long and still only be a little tired at the end of the day.”

His smile was of amused tolerance, especially since Baellator was so prideful of his abilities. But he turned his attention back to Natia as he said, “And I’ll buy you some proper clothes. Befitting of a beautiful young lady such as yourself.” He couldn’t imagine she was the type to wear jewelry, although he had to privately admit that he liked the sight of the collar wrapped around her pale neck. Perhaps he could get a choker or something to replace it once it was removed? He tried to shake that thought out of his mind. He doubted that she would be interested. He looked up when he could see the river ahead of them as Baellator turned and started down the river, heading west as if he already knew where the ford was. Rowan straightened a little, but couldn’t see the town just yet.  

Natia's soft face scrunched up with a grin and she giggled in amusement as she watched Rowan shiver. She couldn't imagine Rowan would be called cute very often, but that reaction was simply adorable. But before she could comment on it, Rowan explained Baellator's thoughts and Natia just nodded and patted his side again. "I'm sure you could! You took down those monsters and trekked out of that forest like it was nothing! You're a mighty protectorate indeed~" She hoped that her constant praise wouldn't come off as patronizing to the creature, but she found that animals of all sizes tended to enjoy being praised frequently, and Baellator seemed quite proud of his role and seemed to enjoy the praise he'd received so far. So, she figured it wouldn't hurt to butter him up a little more. 

Natia's face glew a soft pink once again as Rowan commented on her beauty.  "Oh, stop... I'm a mess right now. If only you could see me with my magic." She slowly brushed her body up against Rowan.  "But uh... what type of clothes would you like to see me in~?" She was genuinely curious what Rowan's tastes were, especially considering she had no idea what outsiders considered attractive or fashionable. She wanted to be as beautiful as she could possibly be for her mate. "I can't wait to see what I can wear for you~" She leaned up to kiss rowan's lips, choosing her words carefully. She wanted Rowan to know that he could choose anything he wanted for her without being so upfront about the fact. She appreciated that he put her concerns first, though if were honest, she doubted any outsider clothes could even come close to matching the natural beauty of the clothes she would forge herself from the elements, and she certainly didn't want Rowan shelving out tons of money just for a pretty dress that comes close... Unless, of course, Rowan simply wanted to see her in something like that that badly... just the idea made her blush harder, causing her to bury her face in his chest again to hide it.

• Love 2

=====================================

kalath

“I admire your generosity.”

After-all, not many people had it, including herself – while she did acts that risk herself in order to protect other people, she wasn’t on the level of Luna. She could see why Rayvenne was very protective of the bunny now. However, gradually the evening was leaning towards night and their adventure within the market had come to its conclusion. “I should pay for a room--” The woman concludes- a yawn escaping her lips, they would probably get up early in the morning to go towards the mountains to confront the Dragon up there.

Though as soon as they entered within the Inn commotion from the basement catches her attention, the question Luna had was left in the dust when Alice doesn’t hesitate to perhaps intrude upon Rayvenne’s encounter down below, while it was something Rayvenne could more than likely handle on her own, taking that chance was risking her life and whoever was here. Or perhaps it was Alice’s trauma that made her react the way she did because she believed not acting was worse than acting, while it wasn’t her business- she wouldn’t allow the woman to risk herself without assisting in her someway.

Alice doesn’t make it halfway down the basement steps before she is practically leaping off them and thudding against the basement floor, dress flying up, sword gripped in hand, seemingly prepared for whatever was happening. She didn’t even bother to ask and acted on instinct rather than logical sense in hopes of preventing any calamity.

Edited by Ice Queen
  • Love 2

• Community Administrator

Rowan grew even more amused when Natia further stroked Baellator’s pride. The Aelda seemed to preen at it and he swore that his head seemed to jerk up a little straighter. If they weren’t moving at a canter, Rowan would be sure that Baellator would be strutting. Clearly he felt that Natia’s opinion of him was very important, a fact that rather pleased him especially since she was so far removed from the Eldyrannth and thus Baellator shouldn’t even be friendly with her. But then he seemed to be an unusual one, as Rowan himself was only a Keza. However, Rowan wasn’t going to complain. He was a fine, companionable beast, and he loved watching him and Natia interact with one another. 

He was snapped back from his thoughts by her melodic voice and he looked down at her with a smile as she brushed herself up against him. He tightened his grip around her, enjoying the warmth of her small body against his own. The moment she asked what he wanted to see her in, his mind immediately wondered to some very sexy clothing including corsets and sexy undergarments. The kind that showed off her flawless, pale flesh. Of course, the best mental images of her was of her wearing absolutely nothing at all. He had to try and control himself to prevent himself from getting an erection would no doubt poke her. He coughed a little, clearing his throat before he was brought back to reality by her soft lips pressing against his own for a moment before she buried her face in his chest. He tilted his head a little, peering down at her as he caught a flash of a bright red cheek and he couldn’t help but to smile.

The hand that was wrapped around her waist, stroked the curve of her waist gently as he said, “Oh, I can think of several things I would love to have you wearing. But that’s the kind of thing that would need to wait until we get home and I get you into my bedchambers.” He smirked a little, “Yes… I have some very nice ideas there… but for now, we’ll get something a little more appropriate for travel. A nice little dress. Nothing too fancy, though. I can’t picture you in something that the ladies of the court wear. They do that for status symbol, and to try and make themselves look beautiful. You, however, don’t need that. You’re beautiful already.” He then smiled, as he couldn’t resist complimenting her like that, especially with how she reacted. He loved seeing her so flustered. As he raised his eyes, he could see the top of the town beginning to come into view, rising over the swell of the land. He then turned his eyes towards the river, his keen golden eyes looking for the ford that would allow them to cross without getting too wet. 

In the main tavern room, when both Luna and Alice returned, Glenn had been standing there, nervously cleaning one of the tankards. At Luna’s question, he coughed a little before saying, “She never left. She’s just… down in the basement at the moment, trying to help me with a problem.” He then saw Alice almost flying towards the door into the kitchen, and he had a half formed protest on his lips to try and stop her, but before even a single sound could escape him, she was through it and darting down the basement. He shook his head, “She shouldn’t be doing that. Rayvenne knows what she’s doing. I just hope your friend there doesn’t get herself hurt.”

Down in the basement, Rayvenne frowned at the boxes that had almost tried to bury her. She turned her head, trying to listen for the sound of moving feet however the sound of someone running down into the basement covered up any noise the mysterious prankster could be making. In a soft hiss, she said, “Be quiet!” She then drew back and moved between the storage crates again, her ears straining. There was a slight snickering sound, in front and slightly to the right of her before she could hear the air rushing against objects. She tensed, expecting to be hit however it seemed obvious that whomever they were, was aiming at the new person; Alice. Clearly it saw her as a new person to play with. Deciding to use this distraction to her advantage, Rayvenne paused as she put the torch into one of the rings on the wall to make it look like as if she had stopped.

She then moved forwards on silent feet, following the noise that the creature was making. She moved around the corner of a crate, where she could hear someone taking things from another box and was throwing them. She paused, giving herself a moment as she pinpointed exactly where they were. The figure had a slightly earthy smell to them, as well as the scent of an unwashed body. He also smelt a little like leather. He didn’t sound very tall, either, which lead Rayvenne to believe that he was nothing more than a prankster goblin who was after some attention and had chosen Glenn’s establishment. 

Not waiting any moment longer, Rayvenne darted forwards and tackled the creature, causing it to let out a loud squeal of alarm as she pinned it to the floor, “Alright now. Your mischief time is over.” She told him with a slight growl as she easily pinned the struggling goblins arms to its sides. She then asked out loud to Alice, “Is there any rope around?” While she was annoyed that she had simply barged in like that, her appearance had distracted the goblin long enough for her to pin him to the floor. So Rayvenne wasn’t going to be too annoyed with her.

• Love 2

"Uh. Um. I'll cover the exit up here!"

She trusted in Rayvenne's abilities, but to also have Alice down there meant there was no possibility of them really being in trouble. But the least she could do was watch the stairs in case whatever it was tried to slip out. Also she really didn't wish to barge into Glenn's basement without his permission! That might have been rude!

And so the little bunny stood atop the stairs, leaning against the door frame. One ear lifted up, tilting towards the stairs themselves while the other remained in a relaxed position. "I'm sure she'll be okay! They're both really great adventurers, it seems! Oh. I forgot to ask as well. Uh. Do you guys have like a little bathing spot? Or tubs in the rooms? I'd be willing to pay extra for a bath if its available!"

Ah yes. A bath. Nice warm water. Pleasant scents. Perhaps even some bubbles! Maybe Rayvenne would like to share one. Or Alice. She really didn't mind that sort of thing. Heck, she didn't mind sleeping naked around someone else so why should a bath be any different?

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
9 hours ago, Neptune said:

Rowan grew even more amused when Natia further stroked Baellator’s pride. The Aelda seemed to preen at it and he swore that his head seemed to jerk up a little straighter. If they weren’t moving at a canter, Rowan would be sure that Baellator would be strutting. Clearly he felt that Natia’s opinion of him was very important, a fact that rather pleased him especially since she was so far removed from the Eldyrannth and thus Baellator shouldn’t even be friendly with her. But then he seemed to be an unusual one, as Rowan himself was only a Keza. However, Rowan wasn’t going to complain. He was a fine, companionable beast, and he loved watching him and Natia interact with one another. 

He was snapped back from his thoughts by her melodic voice and he looked down at her with a smile as she brushed herself up against him. He tightened his grip around her, enjoying the warmth of her small body against his own. The moment she asked what he wanted to see her in, his mind immediately wondered to some very sexy clothing including corsets and sexy undergarments. The kind that showed off her flawless, pale flesh. Of course, the best mental images of her was of her wearing absolutely nothing at all. He had to try and control himself to prevent himself from getting an erection would no doubt poke her. He coughed a little, clearing his throat before he was brought back to reality by her soft lips pressing against his own for a moment before she buried her face in his chest. He tilted his head a little, peering down at her as he caught a flash of a bright red cheek and he couldn’t help but to smile.

The hand that was wrapped around her waist, stroked the curve of her waist gently as he said, “Oh, I can think of several things I would love to have you wearing. But that’s the kind of thing that would need to wait until we get home and I get you into my bedchambers.” He smirked a little, “Yes… I have some very nice ideas there… but for now, we’ll get something a little more appropriate for travel. A nice little dress. Nothing too fancy, though. I can’t picture you in something that the ladies of the court wear. They do that for status symbol, and to try and make themselves look beautiful. You, however, don’t need that. You’re beautiful already.” He then smiled, as he couldn’t resist complimenting her like that, especially with how she reacted. He loved seeing her so flustered. As he raised his eyes, he could see the top of the town beginning to come into view, rising over the swell of the land. He then turned his eyes towards the river, his keen golden eyes looking for the ford that would allow them to cross without getting too wet. 

Natia's eyes widened with surprise as Rowan teased her. While she tried to remain subtle about her hinting, he was quite blunt about how he looked forward to dressing her up for such... intimate purposes. "O-oh gosh, Rowan..." She spoke softly, almost too flustered to think straight. The only image on her mind now was being laid down in Rowan's bed and going at it like animals again...! She could feel her pussy growing wet from just the idea and her heart pounded out of her chest. "N-now's not really the time for that discussion, right? You'll only get me distracted while exploring the town..." She objected, but of course, Natia knew good and well she had no objections to having sex once again, wherever they were. But the flattery didn't stop, as Rowan went on to compliment her on her natural beauty. "Oh, Rowan... You really are the sweetest man I've ever known..." She slowly looked up at him, allowing him to see the bright red blush across her face. She didn't mind, she knew he liked to see her blush and it was clearly what he was going for.  "I don't know what else to say..." 

She was so fixated on Rowan's words that she hadn't even noticed the view of the town as it climbed over the horizon. She was certainly excited to see the town, but now all she could think about was what she was going to do with Rowan at the end of the day... A part of her wanted to tease him a little in a little petty revenge. But if she wasn't careful, they'd just end up fucking right here on Baellator's back. She decided she'd rather keep her present wrapped until the time came... She wanted to feel the Keza's idea of romance, she didn't just want to do it in the outskirts of town. Still, she knew she was going to be hot and bothered all day...

• Love 1

Rowan chuckled at Natia’s reaction, as he had gotten the perfect reaction that he had been looking for, from her. He chuckled even further when she said that now wasn’t the time for that kind of discussion. He couldn’t help but to say in a cheeky tone, “You’re right. We’ll wait until we’re in a private room for that kind of talk.” When her face turned up to look up at him, he couldn’t help but to smile down at her, loving her sparkling eyes and the flush of red against her pale cheeks. Just looking down at her caused his heart to swell with love, and he was overcome with the desire to hold her close for the rest of the day. To merely seek out a bed where they could explore each other in every intimate way conceivable. 

But first, they needed to get to Ryn’tur. Baellator’s canter slowed down into a more measured trot as Rowan reluctantly pulled his eyes away from Natia’s beautiful face and looked down at the river once again as the buildings of the town grew closer. He then saw it, the slight swell of the river that indicated that the bed was higher than the rest of the river. Baellator, seeming to read his thoughts, trotted over the small hill before moving closer to the river. To warn her, Rowan said, “We’re about to cross the ford now, love.” Baellator slowed down to a stately walk, stepping off of the river bank and onto the ford. The river only came up to his ankle, due to how large the beast was. He then started across the river, moving no slower than a walk to voice splashing up too much water and thus accidentally soaking the two riding on his back.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

Natia was still too flustered to think straight, and Rowan's reminder that they'd be alone in a private room before long didn't make things any easier for her. She felt nervous and suddenly found herself questioning every movement she made. Would placing her hand here give him any ideas? Would sitting there make him want to do something? Would he be upset if she moved away to try and regain focus? All she did was just sit there, staring up at him with that stupid smile on her face, feeling her whole body glowing redder each passing second as she simply couldn't get the image out of her mind of Rowan lifting her up and pushing his tongue down her throat and then just taking her for a ride... She stared at his perfect skin, his gorgeous hair and that confident smile on his face... God, she wanted him to take her so bad... Why was she even thinking like this? She'd never been like this before. Maybe it was because she'd never met a man that she would have been able to do this with. But it used to be that all she ever wanted was just to lay in a field of flowers and watch the stars. Something Rowan had done with her had completely flipped her perspective and now she was just obsessed with... him.

Rowan soon broke the silence with his warning, but it really didn't affect Natia's mindset. She just used the warning as an excuse to turn and lift herself higher into Rowan's lap. If he had an erection by now, she would most certainly feel it but wouldn't care in the slightest. It would only excite her more. He'd made her into such a little slut already but, somehow, she didn't mind. Rowan was her mate. He would have sex with her as much as he desired, and she wanted to love it as much as she did before every single time. As the Aelda began to cross the water, there was some inevitable splashing of water that shot onto the two of them, but that was the last of Natia's concerns. She was in the arms of the love of her life, nothing could trouble her right now. 

• Love 1

Rowan felt a little nervous when she shifted to sit herself more on his lap. His cock was almost a little semi, and he prayed to whatever deities existed that she wouldn’t wriggle around too much, otherwise he would be sporting a full hard on by the time they got to the town. But he wasn’t about to tell her to get off of him, because he really enjoying having her so close. She had such a sweet, natural smell about her that he found captivating. He leaned forwards a little and planted a kiss on the side of her neck before he raised his head and looked at the far bank as it approached. Baellator came to the other side of the river, easily walking out of the water and onto the bank. He picked up to a trot once again, moving along the dirt path that was now fully visible as it was a well travelled route.

The buildings of the village drew nearer, and they could even hear noise from inside of the town such as she delighted shrieks of children laughing and playing as well as the calls of marchants for customers to see their wares. The entrance was around to the side of the wall, thus they still had a little more riding to do. His golden eyes scanned the environment around them, as was his habit even in familiar territory. But so far, there was no one else nearby that could cause them any kind of danger, so he relaxed slightly and allowed himself to relax, with a beautiful woman. He nuzzled his cheek against her hair and he said, “Not long now… we’ll probably get you a dress first, and then get a room at a tavern. I know a good place.”

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
23 hours ago, Neptune said:

Rowan felt a little nervous when she shifted to sit herself more on his lap. His cock was almost a little semi, and he prayed to whatever deities existed that she wouldn’t wriggle around too much, otherwise he would be sporting a full hard on by the time they got to the town. But he wasn’t about to tell her to get off of him, because he really enjoying having her so close. She had such a sweet, natural smell about her that he found captivating. He leaned forwards a little and planted a kiss on the side of her neck before he raised his head and looked at the far bank as it approached. Baellator came to the other side of the river, easily walking out of the water and onto the bank. He picked up to a trot once again, moving along the dirt path that was now fully visible as it was a well travelled route.

The buildings of the village drew nearer, and they could even hear noise from inside of the town such as she delighted shrieks of children laughing and playing as well as the calls of marchants for customers to see their wares. The entrance was around to the side of the wall, thus they still had a little more riding to do. His golden eyes scanned the environment around them, as was his habit even in familiar territory. But so far, there was no one else nearby that could cause them any kind of danger, so he relaxed slightly and allowed himself to relax, with a beautiful woman. He nuzzled his cheek against her hair and he said, “Not long now… we’ll probably get you a dress first, and then get a room at a tavern. I know a good place.”

The kiss on her neck only made Natia's whole body hotter, but she tried to shake it off. She certainly wouldn't want such uncouth behavior to define her first impression as they approach the town. She was a lady and she wanted to make a good impression on these people. This was especially important considering they would no doubt catch extra attention with her being an Aequu riding on the back of an Aelda. Comparing their sizes, she'd probably look like a doll sitting on top of the towering behemoth. She could imagine it to be somewhat of a silly sight. 

Thankfully, Natia was able to distract herself from her sexual tension thanks to the sounds that were coming from the town they were approaching. She was delighted to hear the familiar sound of children playing, although it was certainly a lot noisier of a community than she was used to. There seemed to be a lot of people trying to yell over each other, as if competing for attention. She could only assume these were merchants or shopkeepers trying to advertise their products. 

Her distractions were shortlived, however, as Rowan quickly reminded her of just what they were going to do. She blushed once again at the mention of a tavern. "Oh, Rowan, if you keep talking like that I'll be embarrassed!" She practically pleaded with him, knowing very well that she'd probably left a stain in the tunic she'd been wearing already judging from how wet her crotch was... Still, upon meeting his golden eyes again she just couldn't help but smile and kiss him. "I love you, Rowan..." 

• Love 1

Rowan chuckled at her playful protestations, as that was exactly the reaction he had been hoping for. She was simply adorable when she was so embarrassed. He could do it all day long, and adore that sweet little blush of hers while she squirmed. When her lips pressed against his own, he returned the loving kiss, holding her close to him before he watched her when she pulled away slightly. He gave her a tender smile, shifting his hand up to stroke her cheek in a loving fashion, “I love you too, Natia. My sweet little White Lily.” He said, thinking to the White Lillies that they had growing in the Palace Gardens and how beautiful they were, just like Natia. He also figured that she might appreciate the compliment, being so close to nature that she was. 

He looked back up as Baellator snorted, pulling him from his thoughts. They were approaching the gates now, which was guarded by two humans in rusty looking armour. They had shields and spears. As they drew closer, Rowan could see that they were also wearing very bored expressions. They seemed to stir a little, looking at the two on the horse. One of them looked them up and down, “Blimey. That’s one hell of a beast you have there.” He said, sounding surprised. Baellator snorted, pawing the ground in irritation at being called a ‘beast’. Rowan moved the hand that had been gripping his mane to pat the side of his neck, calming him down, “Thank you for stating the obvious.” He said, causing the man to look annoyed.

The other made an attempt to be a little more polite, “What is your business here?” He asked.

“We’re passing through, that’s all.” Rowan answered. The first one looked a little suspicious but the second guard shrugged and waved them through saying, “Just make sure that you obey the rules of the town, strangers.” 

Rowan nudged Baellator forwards and he moved into the town at a walk, his tail swishing in irritation. Rowan could feel Baellator’s dislike of being within the town, but then he couldn’t blame him. He had, after all, spent all of his life within the forest, and had avoided contact with everyone other than Eldyrannth and himself. Rowan continued to stroke his neck as he said out loud, “Don’t let it get to you, friend.” He told him. Baellator snorted again, sounding indignant and Rowan looked down at Natia and commented to explain the Aelda’s annoyance, “He really didn’t like being called a ‘beast’.”

• Love 1

• Senior Staff

Natia's cheeks glowed a softer shade of pink when Rowan returned her statement of love along with comparing her to a flower. To a human girl, perhaps this would have been a bit cheesy, but flirting was such a foreign concept to Natia that the idea of being compared to something so pretty she found to be especially flattering. White flowers were some of her favorite. They were difficult to create but they have a special glow to them when hit by the morning sun. Nothing captures the glow of the sun like the pure white petals of a pretty flower. It almost saddened her that she couldn't think of anything as genuinely sweet to compare Rowan to. That was when her eyes fixated on his perked ears again, a wider grin spreading across her cheeks as she wiggled around in his lap, rubbing more tightly against him.  "...My brave Lion~" 

As Baellator approached the gate, Natia felt her heart sink a bit at the sight of the armed men. Of course, she was excited about visiting town, but she had almost forgotten that meant being in close proximity to a much larger number of outsiders than she had ever been used to. Although she trusted Rowan with her life, the same couldn't be said about these total strangers and these two men were a cold reminder of just how many strangers would be lurking inside the town. Natia quickly turned to shyly bury her face into Rowan's chest to avoid making eye contact with either of the men, trusting him to deal with the entire interaction. The fact that the first man had clearly irritated Baellator only fed Natia's own distrust toward the people. 

Natia shared Baellator's discomfort with being in town. Although she'd been excited, it was a bit much to take in all at once. She slowly poked her eyes out from Rowan's chest to see the buildings and stands that lined the streets. The structures all looked so... stiff and straight. The houses just looked like giant boxes. It was bizarre to see such large man-made objects. It felt like a whole other world. So different and unfamiliar. It gave her a surreal feeling, like she wasn't supposed to be here. Like there was a certain way she was supposed to act. Her focus on her surroundings, though, were broken by the sound of Rowan's voice calming Baellator down. She nodded in agreement to Rowan's assertion and turned her attention back to the Aelda. She gently stroked his mane with her supple fingers and practically purred into the horse's ear as she leaned forward. "You're a beautiful creature, Baellator. Mighty and proud. Judging by the structures here, I don't think these people have much of a taste for the natural world to begin with." She sighed slightly before leaning back into Rowan's arms.  "It's... a little scary if I'm being honest..."

• Love 1

At Natia’s compliments, Baellator shorted again. This time without irritation. If anything, he sounded very pleased. Rowan certainly felt a feeling of pride and happiness from the huge Aelda which amused him since despite being a warhorse, he was so susceptible to flattery. Clearly Natia’s opinion meant a lot to him, which made Rowan feel glad to know that he had become that comfortable enough to pay attention to what she said, and actually take the compliment for what it was. He then looked down at Natia when she admitted that it was scary being here and he soothingly stroked the top of her head, “Don’t worry, my love. You’ll be safe as long as you’re with me.” He told her. 

He looked up before looking to the side as he heard giggling children running in their direction. He saw them come out of an alley, wearing dirty and tatty clothing as if they had been playing in the streets without care for their clothes. They seemed to be chasing a ball, however when they caught sight of the three of them, they came to a stop with wide, awed eyes. One of the boys said out loud, “Wow, mister! That’s a big horse!” Another then asked, “Can I… pet him?” 

Rowan blinked, leaning back and causing Baellator to come to a stop, “Sure. Just don’t be too rough.” He said, watching as the children giggled and swarmed around Baellator’s head which the Aelda lowered and nuzzled the children, clearly enjoying the attention from the children. The sight caused Rowan to smile as the children eagerly petted him and eyed him with awe until a woman’s shout down the street caused them to suddenly run off, loudly giggling and thanking him for letting them pet his ‘pretty horse’. Rowan snorted, smiling a little as he watched the children run off.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
4 hours ago, Neptune said:

At Natia’s compliments, Baellator shorted again. This time without irritation. If anything, he sounded very pleased. Rowan certainly felt a feeling of pride and happiness from the huge Aelda which amused him since despite being a warhorse, he was so susceptible to flattery. Clearly Natia’s opinion meant a lot to him, which made Rowan feel glad to know that he had become that comfortable enough to pay attention to what she said, and actually take the compliment for what it was. He then looked down at Natia when she admitted that it was scary being here and he soothingly stroked the top of her head, “Don’t worry, my love. You’ll be safe as long as you’re with me.” He told her. 

He looked up before looking to the side as he heard giggling children running in their direction. He saw them come out of an alley, wearing dirty and tatty clothing as if they had been playing in the streets without care for their clothes. They seemed to be chasing a ball, however when they caught sight of the three of them, they came to a stop with wide, awed eyes. One of the boys said out loud, “Wow, mister! That’s a big horse!” Another then asked, “Can I… pet him?” 

Rowan blinked, leaning back and causing Baellator to come to a stop, “Sure. Just don’t be too rough.” He said, watching as the children giggled and swarmed around Baellator’s head which the Aelda lowered and nuzzled the children, clearly enjoying the attention from the children. The sight caused Rowan to smile as the children eagerly petted him and eyed him with awe until a woman’s shout down the street caused them to suddenly run off, loudly giggling and thanking him for letting them pet his ‘pretty horse’. Rowan snorted, smiling a little as he watched the children run off.

Just as it did in the forest, Rowan's gentle petting succeded in making Natia feel safe and secure in spite of her uncomfortable surroundings. Just as she began to relax, a group of children ran up to the group. The sound of their laughter brought joy to Natia's heart. It reminded her of the children she would help look after back at home. When the boys asked to pet the 'big horse,'  she grew a bit concerned and glanced up at Rowan. She wasn't sure just how comfortable Baellator would be with that. After all, she knew she certainly wouldn't want a bunch of strangers' hands all over her. However, Rowan seemed to confirm that it was okay and, sure enough, Baellator seemed in agreement. The site of the children playing with the Aelda warmed her heart even more. There was a genuine wholesomeness to it that she definitely did not expect in such a cold-looking place. 

Natia slowly leaned toward the boys and whispered softly to them. "Be careful, don't crowd around too much, try to give him some space. Even though he's big and strong, he's also very shy."  She gently patted the Aelda on the side of his neck again. "Isn't he beautiful?" She asked the boys as they played with him. "He saved us from scary monsters out in the forest." She smiled, moving her hand closer to the Aelda's snout. "Try to stroke him like this, he really seems to like that area. He also likes being pet on the side over here..."  Something about these children captivated Natia. Perhaps she could relate to their childish innocence, or perhaps it was just the same maternal instincts that helped her take care of the children back home. Whatever the case, she just felt the need to use this as an opportunity to teach the children about how to properly treat an animal. Unfortunately, she'd lost track of time and the children seemed to be called away by a woman whom she'd assumed to be their mother. Before the children ran off, she wanted to give out just one more piece of knowledge for them to take away from the experience. "There are a lot of scary monsters in the world out there, but there are also a lot of beautiful creatures like this one. These creatures need a home, too. I want you to remember that when you grow older and start making choices that affect the world around you!" Natia had hoped that these words would inspire the kids to take better care of the environment than most humans tended to. She smiled as she watched the children run off while still sitting in Rowan's lap. "Oh, those boys were so sweet..."

• Love 1

Rowan’s smiled widened even more when he saw Natia speaking softly to the young children, clearly more open towards them than she was towards the more adult humans. He wondered if her words would stay with them. He privately hoped so, because her words contained an important lesson. People needed to care of others, and the world around them if they wanted to create a better place for future generations. People often only looked to the immediate future, and didn’t bother looking at the long term implications of their actions. It was a philosophy that his father had instilled within him, thus Rowan was always careful about how he influenced the world around him. Even his rash seeming actions were carefully thought out. Such as his rescue of Natia. The Aequu were as much part of this world as his people were, and if he returned her to them it might help forge a friendship between their people. Although he had not counted on falling in love with her but perhaps he should have. She was beautiful, with a kind and loving heart. But if she wanted to return to her people, he certainly wasn’t going to stop her.

He was brought back from his thoughts by Natia’s words, causing him to chuckle softly, “Yes… they were. Children often are. Beallator loves children.” He smiled as Baellator raised his head and snorted, tossing his tail to the side like a dog wagging his tail. He was hardly surprised that Baellator had found the encounter pleasing. Aelda were Eldyrannth horses, and they protected and cherished their children with a fierceness rarely seen in other species. He nudged the huge stallion forwards, leading him into the marketplace. At this time of day, it was bustling with activity. The calls of the merchants were even clearer than before, employing people to come and buy their wares. There was the sound of people talking and laughing as they moved around the stalls. In between the adults, children darted around as they played their games. Rowan stroked his fingers along Natia’s stomach in a comforting manner. They was no doubt going to be the most strangers she had ever seen in one place. 

He had Baellator turn down to the side, avoiding most of the crowds as he said, “The shop we need is just to the side here. It will be quieter in it, I promise.” He scanned the crowd again, his gaze lingering on a few figures that he recognised. One of them caught his gaze, holding it for a moment before they turned and walked off. Rowan turned back to look at the front, satisfied that the man would come and see him later that evening so that he could gather any news. His information network was quite extensive, and he hoped that the man had the information he needed. He pulled Baellator to a stop outside of a large shop, which had a broad window at the front. There were wooden mannequins that showed off lavish dresses that were incredibly detailed. Not the kind Rowan could see Natia wearing. This shop was talented enough to make him what he needed for his beautiful flower. He swung his leg over, expertly dropping to the ground. He then looked up at Natia and held his arms up with a smile, “Come on.” He said, ready to catch her so that she didn’t hurt herself in dismounting Baellator.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
22 hours ago, Neptune said:

Rowan’s smiled widened even more when he saw Natia speaking softly to the young children, clearly more open towards them than she was towards the more adult humans. He wondered if her words would stay with them. He privately hoped so, because her words contained an important lesson. People needed to care of others, and the world around them if they wanted to create a better place for future generations. People often only looked to the immediate future, and didn’t bother looking at the long term implications of their actions. It was a philosophy that his father had instilled within him, thus Rowan was always careful about how he influenced the world around him. Even his rash seeming actions were carefully thought out. Such as his rescue of Natia. The Aequu were as much part of this world as his people were, and if he returned her to them it might help forge a friendship between their people. Although he had not counted on falling in love with her but perhaps he should have. She was beautiful, with a kind and loving heart. But if she wanted to return to her people, he certainly wasn’t going to stop her.

He was brought back from his thoughts by Natia’s words, causing him to chuckle softly, “Yes… they were. Children often are. Beallator loves children.” He smiled as Baellator raised his head and snorted, tossing his tail to the side like a dog wagging his tail. He was hardly surprised that Baellator had found the encounter pleasing. Aelda were Eldyrannth horses, and they protected and cherished their children with a fierceness rarely seen in other species. He nudged the huge stallion forwards, leading him into the marketplace. At this time of day, it was bustling with activity. The calls of the merchants were even clearer than before, employing people to come and buy their wares. There was the sound of people talking and laughing as they moved around the stalls. In between the adults, children darted around as they played their games. Rowan stroked his fingers along Natia’s stomach in a comforting manner. They was no doubt going to be the most strangers she had ever seen in one place. 

He had Baellator turn down to the side, avoiding most of the crowds as he said, “The shop we need is just to the side here. It will be quieter in it, I promise.” He scanned the crowd again, his gaze lingering on a few figures that he recognised. One of them caught his gaze, holding it for a moment before they turned and walked off. Rowan turned back to look at the front, satisfied that the man would come and see him later that evening so that he could gather any news. His information network was quite extensive, and he hoped that the man had the information he needed. He pulled Baellator to a stop outside of a large shop, which had a broad window at the front. There were wooden mannequins that showed off lavish dresses that were incredibly detailed. Not the kind Rowan could see Natia wearing. This shop was talented enough to make him what he needed for his beautiful flower. He swung his leg over, expertly dropping to the ground. He then looked up at Natia and held his arms up with a smile, “Come on.” He said, ready to catch her so that she didn’t hurt herself in dismounting Baellator.

Natia was surprised to learn that Baellator loved children. She'd dealt with many animals in the past and it wasn't uncommon at all for the approach of children to scare them away. It's not necessarily the fault of the children, they just usually had yet to learn the proper way to approach an animal without making it uncomfortable. Still, she loved using children's inherent love of animals as opportunities to teach them about empathy and safety. She recalled nursing a malnourished rabbit back to health and allowing the children of the tribe to play with the creature. She could remember sitting down with the boys and girls and holding the bunny in her hands, teaching the children how to hold it, where to pet it, and how to avoid startling it. Most importantly, to mind its feelings. If it didn't want to be touched, they were not to touch it. The sight of the bunny being so happy to play with the eager children made her heart flutter with joy at the time, much the same way as the boys with Baellator just now. 

Unfortunately, that peace of mind was somewhat shortlived as they entered the marketplace. The uncomfortable pit in Natia's stomach formed again while they wandered past crowds of men and women. As she looked over at the crowd of people, her eyes met with a strange man who just smirked back at her, as if amused by something about her. She blushed in embarrassment and quickly turned her head away. She had no idea what the man was smiling about, but it didn't help her anxiety. It reminded her of the thirsty way those slavers would eye her naked body... Rowan's gentle caressing of her stomach did help her to relax a bit, but there was no way her mind was going to be totally settled in such a busy part of town. Being surrounded by all these strangers in such a small, boxed-in area... it gave her far too many memories of that caravan. Being groped and teased by all those grown men with weapons capable of killing her at any moment... Rowan could likely feel her breathing growing to a rapid pace as she tried to shake the memories from her head. Instead, she tried to focus on the differences. They were outside and there were significantly more people. Plus, Rowan said that there were a lot of good humans, too, so if anyone tried something, they would probably face some sort of repercussion... Most importantly, she was in the arms of Rowan who had sworn to protect her time and time again. And each time, she was more and more inclined to believe him. 

When Rowan promised that it would be quieter inside the store, Natia was relieved, though it did make sense that the streets would be much busier than individual stores due to people from all stores coming and going. As they approached the store, Natia was far too concentrated on distracting herself from her anxiety to really notice what the store looked like or what was in the window. All she knew as she stared down at Baellator's mane, was that they had arrived and came to a stop. Thankfully, she trusted Rowan enough not to question him for a moment when he encouraged her to hop off the Aelda and into his arms. She promptly did just that, although she was a little out of it, still. She didn't have that same playful smile she had out in the wild when she dropped into his arms, and she wasn't giggling at all. She just wanted to get inside.

Edited by Aura
  • Love 1

--------------------location-----------------

kalath

Thump, thump, thump.

She could feel her heart racing at what possibly could be happening at the end of her travels down within the basement. Her mind always going to worst of possibilities, which is why she had rushed, it wasn't doubt in Rayvenne’s ability, but more so her concern in the woman’s well-being that lifts her feet into irrational movement. Perhaps a bit reckless considering she didn’t know the situation beforehand and it could’ve led to her getting harmed- but she had her own skills and strengths, thus she didn’t doubt her ability too much to take down whatever this was. However, it seemed it twists its attention within Alice’s direction and decides to cause disruption, but before it could cause any inflictions upon her – Rayvenne is on the move. Like a predator pouncing its prey, she is successful in pinning the little green critter to the basement’s floor.

In a moment of daze realizing Rayvenne hadn’t been harmed and was completely fine, she’d freeze examining the situation. So it wasn’t that big of a deal, huh? A nervous laugh escapes her lips when the woman decides to acknowledge her presence, breaking the momentary silence, “Right!” Of course, she’d get some rope from her travel-pack, it held essentials for surviving the wilderness, so a rope was no big deal to obtain. “Here!” Complete compliance with the demand gives Rayvenne exactly what she wanted to hold that little guy in place securely, “I wonder…where did he come from?” There is a tap to her chin in thought, how did he manage to get inside of the basement without anyone noticing his entry?

“Must be an opening down here somewhere, right?” Or teleportation magic! 

• Love 2

Rowan noticed how quiet Natia was when she dropped down into his eyes. Gone was that sweet little smile of hers, making him wish he could do something to bring it back. But he understood why she was being so quiet and withdrawn. She was scared and nervous. He would be, if he were in her position. He gently lowered her to the ground, but kept one arm wrapped around her shoulders and kept her close to his body. He looked at Baellator and told him, “Stay here.” The huge Aelda snorted, bobbing his head up and down for a moment before he shifted and leaned his head forwards to nuzzle Natia gently. His way of trying to help calm her down. Rowan petted him on the neck with his free hand before he gently stirred Natia towards the shop. Rowan pushed open the door, causing a gentle tingling to fill the room as he did so. The room was warm, and richly decorated with more mannequins that were dressed up. There were also multiple rolls of material. It smelt of cloth, and faintly of vanilla. The Keza allowed the door to close behind him, causing the sounds of the marketplace to become muted.

There was a shuffle before a rather plump woman came through a door near the counter. She has brown hair tied up in a tight bun, and warm brown eyes. She had a kind face, if a little flushed. She saw them and smiled at them, “Ah, welcome! How may I help you?” She then paused and looked down at Natia curiously before she frowned a little as she noted what the girl was dressed in.

“I want some clothes for my… fiancée. Everything she had was lost.” Rowan said, being quite casual about his intentions and feelings towards Natia, even to a complete stranger. He also didn’t lie to the woman, as Natia had indeed lost everything when she had been kidnapped from her tribe. The woman’s frown disappeared as she said, “Oh, you poor little dear!” She then tutted as she moved around the counter, picking up a basket that had various tools such as scissors, tape measures, sewing needles, threads and pins, “Robbers are an absolutely frightful group to encounter. Why, it was only last week that my brother was robbed while on his way to Selil. Took everything he had!” She said as she came over and apprised the small white haired girl before giving her a friendly smile, “My name is Glenda. What’s your name, dear?” She asked almost completely ignoring Rowan in favour of Natia. The Keza was a little amused by this, however he remained watchedful.

Glenn had come over, holding the door open to the kitchen, staring at the little bunny girl in shock. Lorna looked up from where she been stirring the stew pot, blinking in surprise as not only Alice rushing through the basement, but Luna coming in and hovering about the door leading down into the basement. At least it meant that whatever was done there, couldn’t slip past Rayvenne. Both Glenn and Lorna blinked in surprise at the sudden turn in topic, clearly unused to the way Luna spoke. After a moment, Lorna said, “There… there is a bathing tub upstairs. I can have heated water brought up to you, so you can have a bath. It will cost you five coppers more, though. We have some soaps that you can use as well.” She looked at Glenn who gave her a perplexed look before he shook his head a little at their strange guests before he retreated back into the tavern. Neither Luna nor Alice seemed like trouble makers, thus they didn’t seem bothered by the fact that they were technically in an ‘employee only’ area of the tavern. 

Down in the basement, Rayvenne took the rope offered to her. She used it to tie the squirming and protesting goblin tightly, preventing it from being able to escape. She stood up, picking the creature up and tucking it under her arm, ignoring the fact that it was kicking its feet and wriggling as it tried to get away from her. She turned her dark gaze towards Alice, silent for several moments before she replied, “Possible. Either that, or he snuck in through an open window and snuck down into the basement.” She shifted the goblin, holding it in front of her so that Alice could get a better look at him, “It’s a Hobgoblin. A rather solitary goblin that loves to play pranks on people. Relatively harmless, actually.” She explained.

“I would appreciate it if you weren’t talking about me, as if I wasn’t here!” The goblin said indignantly. 

Rayvenne snorted slightly in amusement before she asked, “How did you get in here?”

“Through an open window, when the weather was warm. It’s not like as if they have any locks!” The hobgoblin said, squirming even more. Rayvenne gave Alice a rather blank look before she said, “That answers that.” She then tucked the goblin under her arm again before she moved over to the stairs and climbed them only to find Luna guarding the top. She raised an eyebrow slightly, wondering why both Alice and Luna were even there. After all, she worked alone and was comfortable with that fact. She just gave the bunny girl a little nod before saying, “The problem has been taken care of.”

• Love 2

"Perfect! I would like to purchase one if possible please! Soaps too if you wouldn't mind."

One hand disappeared into a coin pouch on her side, fumbling around until she managed to retrieve a gold coin! That should pay for it! Probably! With a hop she moved closer to the nearest counter, slapping the metal carefully atop it! Then she returned with another hop back to her guard position atop the stairs! She wanted to help, after all, even if it meant simply protecting the only exit out. Rayvenne and Alice could surely handle anything below. In fact it sounded as though they'd done just that!

When Rayvenne finally returned Luna stepped aside, flashing the woman a thumbs up! "Nice! Wanna share a bath? I figured a bath would be nice so I totally requested one." Of course when the little bunny spotted the Hobgoblin she flashed it a smile and a friendly little wave! Oh the potions she could make from this creature! But it seemed to be proper subdued right now. She didn't really like killing things unless she had a need for it.

"Hello little guy! You're kinda cute! I'm Luna!"

• Love 1

• Senior Staff

12 hours ago, Neptune said:

Rowan noticed how quiet Natia was when she dropped down into his eyes. Gone was that sweet little smile of hers, making him wish he could do something to bring it back. But he understood why she was being so quiet and withdrawn. She was scared and nervous. He would be, if he were in her position. He gently lowered her to the ground, but kept one arm wrapped around her shoulders and kept her close to his body. He looked at Baellator and told him, “Stay here.” The huge Aelda snorted, bobbing his head up and down for a moment before he shifted and leaned his head forwards to nuzzle Natia gently. His way of trying to help calm her down. Rowan petted him on the neck with his free hand before he gently stirred Natia towards the shop. Rowan pushed open the door, causing a gentle tingling to fill the room as he did so. The room was warm, and richly decorated with more mannequins that were dressed up. There were also multiple rolls of material. It smelt of cloth, and faintly of vanilla. The Keza allowed the door to close behind him, causing the sounds of the marketplace to become muted.

There was a shuffle before a rather plump woman came through a door near the counter. She has brown hair tied up in a tight bun, and warm brown eyes. She had a kind face, if a little flushed. She saw them and smiled at them, “Ah, welcome! How may I help you?” She then paused and looked down at Natia curiously before she frowned a little as she noted what the girl was dressed in.

“I want some clothes for my… fiancée. Everything she had was lost.” Rowan said, being quite casual about his intentions and feelings towards Natia, even to a complete stranger. He also didn’t lie to the woman, as Natia had indeed lost everything when she had been kidnapped from her tribe. The woman’s frown disappeared as she said, “Oh, you poor little dear!” She then tutted as she moved around the counter, picking up a basket that had various tools such as scissors, tape measures, sewing needles, threads and pins, “Robbers are an absolutely frightful group to encounter. Why, it was only last week that my brother was robbed while on his way to Selil. Took everything he had!” She said as she came over and apprised the small white haired girl before giving her a friendly smile, “My name is Glenda. What’s your name, dear?” She asked almost completely ignoring Rowan in favour of Natia. The Keza was a little amused by this, however he remained watchedful.

As soon as Natia's little feet touched the ground, she immediately clung to Rowan. She didn't want there to even be a chance of the two of them being separated. It wouldn't be strange for passers-by to see the two and assume Natia was Rowan's daughter given this position and their size difference. Of course, Natia couldn't help but smile as she felt Baellator nudge her. He certainly helped make her feel better.

The couple soon entered the building... just like on the outside, it was strange. It felt almost like the inside of a cave, but everything was, again, much more blocky and flat. And yet, Natia's attention was grabbed by the beautiful dresses on display. Although they certainly weren't her style, she could tell that they took inspiration from nature. Somehow, in such a bland world of boxes and cubes, this store had such elegant displays of natural beauty. Many of the dresses almost looked like large flowers. Still, there were details that bothered her. The dresses were bedazzled with jewels, which just didn't make any sense. Jewels didn't grow on flowers for a reason. The two are made of completely different combinations of elements... jewels were more earth and fire while flowers were more earth, water, and aether. Just like the tree she'd seen earlier, this mildly frustrated her. Why did these outsiders feel the need to add these unnecessary things to nature's already beautiful creations? She could only imagine how beautiful these dresses would be with much simpler designs without the random rocks...

It wasn't long before the two were greeted by a seemingly friendly woman. Natia shyly tucked herself behind Rowan as he spoke for her. However, the woman decided to show empathy toward her situation, which helped draw Natia's attention to the lady's welcoming nature. "I-I'm... Natia." She slowly introduced herself with a slight, nervous stutter in response to Glenda's own introduction. "I'm... really sorry about what happened to your brother... I'm glad he was safe in the end, though." She forced a smile on her face before frowning again. "I-..." She started to tear up a bit as she raised her hands to her collar, but she shook her tears away. The last thing she wanted to do was cry in front of another stranger. Not in a place like this...  "I'm sorry... I've been through a lot, lately..." 

Edited by Aura
  • Love 1

Glenda gave Natia a sympathetic smile, glancing at Rowan who nodded slightly. The woman turned her attention back towards Natia as she said, “Of course, dear. I’m sorry you’ve gone through such a frightful experience.” She then tutted, “If I could get my hands on those that have hurt you, dear, I would give them the scolding their mother’s should have done years ago!” She reached out and gently brushed her thumb against Natia’s soft cheek, “And such a beautiful child, too.” She then shook her head before she straightened and asked, “But what can I do for you, dear?”

“I would like at least four dresses made up for her. Nothing particularly fancy. Certainly nothing like what you have here. Natia doesn’t need anything gharish; she’s beautiful enough as it is.” Rowan said, jerking his head slightly towards the dresses on display. Glenda glanced at them before she looked back at the two, looking amused, 

“They are a little… much, aren’t they?” She asked before chuckling a little, “Not something I personally like, but I have customers to keep happy!” She then gave Natia an appraising look before saying, “I can see what you mean, dear sir. She looks like a delicate little flower!” She beamed at Natia before adding, “But I think at least one nice dress would be in order. Three everyday dresses and something nice for special occasions.”

“As long as it’s not like those dresses.” Rowan said, giving Natia a little grin. Glenda frowned in thought, tapping her cheek for a moment, “I’m thinking white. A little frilliness to it, but nothing too heavy. Long sleeves, with draped wrists…” She trailed off as she considered to think about it. Rowan looked down at Natia and raised an eyebrow before he pictured her in such a dress. It would almost look like a wedding dress, making her appear pure and untainted. Even though she was anything but pure, she still held an air of innocence around her that Rowan found compelling.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
3 hours ago, Neptune said:

Glenda gave Natia a sympathetic smile, glancing at Rowan who nodded slightly. The woman turned her attention back towards Natia as she said, “Of course, dear. I’m sorry you’ve gone through such a frightful experience.” She then tutted, “If I could get my hands on those that have hurt you, dear, I would give them the scolding their mother’s should have done years ago!” She reached out and gently brushed her thumb against Natia’s soft cheek, “And such a beautiful child, too.” She then shook her head before she straightened and asked, “But what can I do for you, dear?”

“I would like at least four dresses made up for her. Nothing particularly fancy. Certainly nothing like what you have here. Natia doesn’t need anything gharish; she’s beautiful enough as it is.” Rowan said, jerking his head slightly towards the dresses on display. Glenda glanced at them before she looked back at the two, looking amused, 

“They are a little… much, aren’t they?” She asked before chuckling a little, “Not something I personally like, but I have customers to keep happy!” She then gave Natia an appraising look before saying, “I can see what you mean, dear sir. She looks like a delicate little flower!” She beamed at Natia before adding, “But I think at least one nice dress would be in order. Three everyday dresses and something nice for special occasions.”

“As long as it’s not like those dresses.” Rowan said, giving Natia a little grin. Glenda frowned in thought, tapping her cheek for a moment, “I’m thinking white. A little frilliness to it, but nothing too heavy. Long sleeves, with draped wrists…” She trailed off as she considered to think about it. Rowan looked down at Natia and raised an eyebrow before he pictured her in such a dress. It would almost look like a wedding dress, making her appear pure and untainted. Even though she was anything but pure, she still held an air of innocence around her that Rowan found compelling.

Natia nodded at Glenda's acknowledgment but didn't say much more to contribute. Still, Glenda went on to talk about what she would do to the ones who hurt her, which only caused her to smile and giggle slightly. It was surprising not to hear an immediate threat of violence. She simply wanted to scold them. Natia really appreciated that and even looked up to make eye contact as she felt Glenda's finger gently brush her cheek. She smiled, slightly amused when Glenda called her a child. She giggled softly, wanting to correct her, but now didn't seem like a good time as Glenda quickly changed the subject back to their service. It did occur to her, though, that it might be a good idea to ask if any other Aequu were to have been seen around town... If anyone were to be in a similar situation to her, then they may be either lost somewhere on the path they were traveling or have been brought to a store like this one by a friendly stranger, just like her. If any other Aequu were captured like her, it would be a relief to at least know they were safe as well...

Natia snapped back to attention when she noticed that both Rowan and the store owner seemed to mock the dresses on display. Once again, this made Natia much more comfortable. She didn't feel so out of place knowing she wasn't the only one who thought the dresses were ridiculous. Still, she didn't feel comfortable speaking up on her opinions as she didn't want to come off as rude or condescending. That was when she heard Glenda comment about how she looked like a 'delicate little flower,' the very same compliment Rowan had given her. This caused her to blush considerably. She just smiled right back at Glenda, though, much brighter than before. Even taking herself by surprise. She never expected to take to a human so quickly... Perhaps it was only thanks to Rowan's encouragement that she was able to see past the barrier of this woman being an outsider... 

She listened eagerly as Glenda described the dress she wanted to design. The image in her mind only making her excited to see the final product. She glanced up at Rowan and noticed him staring back at her... it was a very similar look to the one he'd given her when she asked him what he'd like her to wear. He must be imagining her in the dress. He looked excited, too, which only made Natia happier. "It sounds beautiful!" She soon found her voice. "I-I would... I'd love a dress like that." She blushed a little shyly, realizing her sudden outburst. "S-sorry..."

• Love 1

Glenda gave a large smile when Natia seemed agreeable to the kind of dress that she had thought of, “Fantastic, dear. I promise, you will love it!” She beamed, putting her basket of tools down before she disappeared behind the counter and picked up a stool which she brought out front again, putting it down on the floor nearby, “Stand on the stool dear so I can take some measurements.” She said, kneeling down on the floor by her basket and rummaging around it, muttering to herself, “Now where did I put the string…” After a few moments she pulled out a string with evenly placed knots that were clearly meant to be used as a measurement unit, ready to take measurements of Natia so that she could create a dress that fit her perfectly.

Rowan watched her with a rather amused glint to his golden eyes, yet there was a tinge of sadness to them. Glenda very much reminded himself of his own mother, Queen Narina. It had only been a couple of years since she had died, and while his sister made a fantastic Queen, he couldn’t help but miss her. She was one of the few female Keza’s that actually cared for their children. She was a fantastic mother, who cared deeply for each of her children. She would often sing him to sleep when he was a young boy, and she spoke quite similar to Glenda. Not holding back her opinion and referring to everyone as ‘dear’. He shook himself from his thoughts and smiled down at Natia as he stroked the top of her head in a comforting gesture. He knew there was nothing Glenda would do to harm Natia. After all, it was bad for business to hurt your customers. 

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
3 hours ago, Neptune said:

Glenda gave a large smile when Natia seemed agreeable to the kind of dress that she had thought of, “Fantastic, dear. I promise, you will love it!” She beamed, putting her basket of tools down before she disappeared behind the counter and picked up a stool which she brought out front again, putting it down on the floor nearby, “Stand on the stool dear so I can take some measurements.” She said, kneeling down on the floor by her basket and rummaging around it, muttering to herself, “Now where did I put the string…” After a few moments she pulled out a string with evenly placed knots that were clearly meant to be used as a measurement unit, ready to take measurements of Natia so that she could create a dress that fit her perfectly.

Rowan watched her with a rather amused glint to his golden eyes, yet there was a tinge of sadness to them. Glenda very much reminded himself of his own mother, Queen Narina. It had only been a couple of years since she had died, and while his sister made a fantastic Queen, he couldn’t help but miss her. She was one of the few female Keza’s that actually cared for their children. She was a fantastic mother, who cared deeply for each of her children. She would often sing him to sleep when he was a young boy, and she spoke quite similar to Glenda. Not holding back her opinion and referring to everyone as ‘dear’. He shook himself from his thoughts and smiled down at Natia as he stroked the top of her head in a comforting gesture. He knew there was nothing Glenda would do to harm Natia. After all, it was bad for business to hurt your customers. 

After being told to stand on the stool, Natia placed her small feet on the block one step at a time. Standing on such a small platform was a little bit scary considering she wasn't in direct control of it, but it wasn't much different than riding on Baellator, and she wasn't nearly as high up. Still, she didn't have anyone to lean on, so the somewhat shaky footing was enough to make her a bit nervous. While she watched Glenda search for the string, she failed to notice the sadness in Rowan's eyes. When she felt his hand stroking her head again, she blushed in embarrassment as she realized that, even while standing on this stool, she was still slightly shorter than Rowan. Although, the two were much closer in height and she could see his face more clearly, much like when the two were cuddling on the ground. She giggled slightly and leaned forward to give Rowan a soft kiss on the lips, but as she did, she shifted her weight too much on one side and the stool slipped from beneath her. "Ah!" the small girl cried as she began to fall over, instinctively reaching her arms out for Rowan to catch her.

• Love 1

Luckily, Rowan her been paying attention when Natia had leaned forwards to give him a kiss. He had been about to return it, but noticed that she had shifted her weight a little too forwards which caused the stool to slip out from underneath her. His quick reflexes allowed him to catch her before she fell onto the floor and hurt himself. He held her securely in his arms, looking amused as he looked down at her, “Careful, love.” He told her gently.

“Oh, goodness!” Glenda said in surprised alarm. She stood up, looking over Natia with concern but quickly saw that she was fine. She put her hand over her chest where her heart was, “Goodness, dear. You gave me such a fright!” She said, shaking her head with a small smile as she pulled the stool back up. Rowan chuckled as he placed Natia back on it, making sure that she was standing upright before he looked down at her, “Don’t fall off this time.” He told her. He gave her a small kiss on her cute little nose, reaching up to stroke her cheek before standing back once again, hoping she wouldn’t lean forwards to kiss him again. After all, he didn’t want her to hurt herself. He would hate himself if he allowed any kind of harm to befall her.

Glenda clicked her tongue softly, shaking her head a little with a small smile before she came forwards to begin taking measurements. She wrapped the string around Natia’s waist, pressing one end against a knot that would give her a comfortable fit before pulling it away and muttering under her breath as she remembered the measurement. She then measured the length of her torso and legs, before measuring her hips, bust and chest. Glenda then asked, “Arms out straight, please.” When Natia had done as she had asked, she measured the length of her arms as well as their circumference. Once done, she stepped back and said, “Right… I can certainly have something done for you before you leave the shop, if you wish? The rest…” She trailed off.

“How much for the rest to be done by tomorrow morning?” Rowan asked. She turned to look at him with a thoughtful look, “That will cost you, dear. At least ten gold.” She told him.

“I have the money.” Rowan said with an uncaring shrug. Glenda nodded with a smile before she turned back to Natia, “We already have an idea for your fancy dress… but why don’t you look at the material I have here, and take your pick as to what you want for your three other dresses?”

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up