• Community Administrator

Rowan considered her request for a few moments, a light frown between his eyebrows. He would prefer to avoid actually entering his premises, especially as himself. The slaver was willing to throw around two million without so much as batting an eye, thus he was likely to have extremely wealthy customers. Some of which would likely be Lords and Ladies, Dukes and Duchesses. A number of them were quite likely able to recognise him for who he really was, as his father had often sent him as his representative to the human court. But that might give him some influence in this situation, as well as possible immunity. People knew it was not a good idea to mess with the Keza Royal Family. While he didn’t want to make his presence public, it would work in his favour. Even so, he wasn’t about to just go announcing himself to the entire town.

“It’s possible,” He said out loud, “I would still prefer to do some initial reconnaissance, to get a layout of the area. That way, if we end up getting into any trouble, we can make a quick escape.” He then gave her a slight grin, “I like to have an escape route. I’ve gotten into trouble enough times to prefer to prepare myself. I will have a look after we’ve settled into the inn for the night and if it’s safe as well as confirm that there is a Aequu there, we will try and get the man to let us talk to your friend, alright?”

• Senior Staff

Natia nodded along to Rowan's words. It was true, while she had a good guess of what was happening, she didn't have any of the details straight. She didn't even know what this process would be like... With how much security she was surrounded by when she was first abducted, she could only imagine the girls at this man's mercy were heavily guarded as well. Would it be possible for even 'customers' to get total privacy with anyone? The more she thought about it, the more she realized those thoughts were a rabbit hole she didn't want to go down. It would only lead to her feeling disheartened and hopeless at the thought that Amare would be locked in chains for the rest of her life... 

"I understand... I-I'm sorry," she bowed apologetically toward Rowan before wiping her own tears away and swallowing the frog in her throat and giving Rowan another hug. "I'll keep it together now, I promise." With those words, she forced a small smile across her lips. Of course, being happy after making such a shocking discovery was an impossibility. Still, the smile on her face was a genuine attempt, at the very least. She knew she could trust Rowan to help her in such a desperate time, and she should trust Rowans' judgment as well. If he deems that it would be too dangerous, then she supposed she'd have to simply accept that, too...

"Thank you, Rowan..." She whispered before stepping away. "Well then, I guess I still have a few more dresses to try on, huh?" She spoke in a cheerier tone, clearly trying hard to cheer herself up.

• Love 1

When Natia hugged him again, Rowan held her close, pressing his lips against her soft hair. He wished with all his heart he could make everything better for this little woman that had captured his heart. Unfortunately, this was likely to be a very delicate situation and it needed to be handled carefully. The life of Natia’s friend was in potential danger if they plundered in without knowing what to do, if it was indeed one of her friends. Rowan preferred to err on the side of caution, because he knew those kind of men that dealt in that business were dangerous. Even Rowan was wary of dealing with them in any kind of capacity. Natia’s voice brought him back out of his thoughts and he looked down at her, as he stroked her hair. His eyes fixed themselves on the smile that she tried to curve her lips into, and it saddened him to see a slight downturn to the corners of her lips. It was almost unnoticeable, but he had been studying her face closely for the last few times and he could see that despite the smile, she was extremely unhappy.

“You don’t need to apologise, my little lily. I would be just as upset if I were in your shoes.” Rowan said, his long fingers brushing against her pale cheek in an affectionate matter. He continued to watch as she stepped back, forcing a cheerful tone as she suggested that still had a few more dresses to try on. He knew he was trying to distract herself from the harsh revelation, and he honestly couldn’t blame her. But before they tried to move onto other things, he shifted a little closer to her, his hand moving from her cheek to the back of her neck as he said softly, “Don’t worry, love. I’ll do everything I can to help.” He didn’t give her a chance to respond as he leaned forward and kissed her tenderly on the lips, trying to show the amount of love that he felt for her in that simple gesture. 

After a few moments, he pulled away before he suddenly turned her face to the side and licked her cheek. His lips moved up to her ear as he whispered, “That’s one way my people say ‘I love you’.” He then pulled away, giving her cheek one final lick before he pulled away completely to smile down at her before he brushed a little of her hair out of her face. He wanted to give her a moment before calling Glenda back in, although there was no doubt in his mind that the human was no doubt worried.

On 19/04/2019 at 21:04, Chiyako said:

"Perfect! I would like to purchase one if possible please! Soaps too if you wouldn't mind."

One hand disappeared into a coin pouch on her side, fumbling around until she managed to retrieve a gold coin! That should pay for it! Probably! With a hop she moved closer to the nearest counter, slapping the metal carefully atop it! Then she returned with another hop back to her guard position atop the stairs! She wanted to help, after all, even if it meant simply protecting the only exit out. Rayvenne and Alice could surely handle anything below. In fact it sounded as though they'd done just that!

When Rayvenne finally returned Luna stepped aside, flashing the woman a thumbs up! "Nice! Wanna share a bath? I figured a bath would be nice so I totally requested one." Of course when the little bunny spotted the Hobgoblin she flashed it a smile and a friendly little wave! Oh the potions she could make from this creature! But it seemed to be proper subdued right now. She didn't really like killing things unless she had a need for it.

"Hello little guy! You're kinda cute! I'm Luna!"

Lorna stared at the gold coin that Luna slapped down on the bench before she smiled and shook her head slightly. She wished it wasn’t considered inappropriate for her to spontaneously cuddle her patrons. The bunny girl was just too cute for her own good. With a smile, Lorna turned back to the stew that she was stirring, humming quietly and happily to herself. She then turned her head back when she saw what it was that Rayvenne was holding, frowning a little.

Rayvenne glanced at Luna, her eyebrows raising a little before she said, “I… don’t share baths. Thank you, though. I would rather wait until after you’re finished before using it myself.” She then looked over at Lorna as the Hobgoblin smiled at Luna, responding to her friendly greeting, “Hey, Luna. I’m Grahk.” He introduced himself.

“He’s a Hobgoblin. He’s been here for a while.” Rayvenne told Lorna, who wiped her hands on her apron and came closer, asking, “Is he dangerous?”

“No, not really. A bit mischievous, but not particularly dangerous. I can either show him the door or you can keep him around as extra help. He’ll be happy with a bit of food everyday and somewhere warm to sleep.” Rayvenne said, as the Hobgoblin nodded enthusiastically before he said, “Especially your stew! It’s delicious!” He began to kick his feet back and forth, before squirming.

Lorna looked a little unsure but after a moment she relented and admitted, “I could do with the extra hands… as long as he doesn’t decide to cause mischief again.” Rayvenne lowered the Hobgoblin to the floor and undid the ropes to let him free as the goblin replied, “I won’t, as long as you give me what I want.”

Lorna pointed to the corner of the kitchen where there were numerous pots and pans stacked and said, “Your first job is to heat water and fill the upstairs bathtub for the young lady.” Grahk nodded before eagerly running off to pick up a large metal pot to fill with water to heat it up. Rayvenne looked at Luna, brushing her hands together as she said, sounding quite pleased, “Situation dealt with.” 

Edited by Neptune
Adding a post
  • Love 2

"Ooh. Well, okie dokie! I'll try not to use up all the freshness then! Or the soap!"

Hey, it was worth a shot, right? And so continued the quest to make friends with Rayvenne! But she also had yet another friend to, well, befriend: Grahk the Hobgoblin! And for once it wasn't part of a raiding party! They were chatting nice and friendly like. Usually they wanted to eat her or, well, eat her. Or both. Sometimes they just wanted gold. Occasionally she'd sate them with food, and she had slain a few in the past. It was unfortunate when things came down to that, but it wasn't very often. This was just a very refreshing encounter!

Regardless, Luna held the edges of her skirt, bowing forward just a little bit in a polite curtsy! "It is nice to meet you Grahk! Also congratulations on the new job!" It was always nice to see things end in a friendly manner. Now the poor Hobgoblin had a new home and, perhaps, new friends! She turned towards Rayvenne, flashing the woman a thumbs up!

"Very nice! I'll go work on my bath! See you up there!"

And with that she hustled up the stairs for their room! Of course she fully intended upon stripping and entering her bath as soon as it was set up. After all she wanted to take a quick one so that Rayvenne could enjoy it too! And, just to make sure the water would remain pretty clean, Luna did snap her fingers for a little bit of magical tidying up once she was alone in the room and properly undressed. That would mean less dirt in the water! When she slid into the tub she dunked herself fully within its contents, only to sit up a few moments later for some scrubbing! She didn't bother locking the door though, just in case Rayvenne or anyone planned on swinging in.

• Love 1

Rayvenne nodded at Luna when the bunny girl said that she was going to have her bath, “Take your time.” She told the smaller woman, turning to watch with dark eyes as Grahk ran out of the kitchen with a steaming pot of water before she heard him scampering up the stairs to fill the tub. She looked over at Lorna, who cocked an eyebrow at her, her lips twitching a little in amusement before she turned back to preparing food. Rayvenne sighed a little, before heading into the taproom where she moved over to the bar and slipped onto a stool, “Ale, please.” She asked Glenn.

The man happily poured her a full tankard of ale, before putting it down in front of Rayvenne who thanked him before picking up the tankard and taking a deep drink. When she swallowed it down, she let out a content sigh. Glenn watched her with amusement for a few moments before he said, “I never thought I would see you in the company of someone like Luna. She’s quite… energetic.”

Rayvenne was silent for a moment, drawing it out by taking another sip of her drink before she said, “She paid me to do a job.” 

“I like her. She’s pretty friendly. Quite the opposite to you.” Glenn replied with a rumbling chuckle as Rayvenne gave him a flat, unimpressed look before she snorted and shook her head. She continued to ignore him as she turned her attention back to her drink. When she had finished it, she left the tankard on the bar counter before she went upstairs. Her sensitive hearing allowed her to hear Luna splashing around enthusiastically but she didn’t disturb the bunny girl. Instead, she went to their shared room. She moved over to the table, that held the rolled up piece of parchment with the list in ingredients for her and Luna to get for the familiar summoning. She wasn’t entirely sure why she was going out of her way to help the bunny girl. After all, it held no real benefit to her but she felt the urge to help her with this task. While Luna was a lot more energetic, she did remind Rayvenne of Maed. She turned away from the table before moving over to the bed and lying herself down while waiting for Luna to finish. 

• Love 1

Powdered Human skull, grated Human heart, grated Human flesh, salt, powdered turtle shell, water, and carrot juice for flavor! I should have it all now. Maybe I can start brewing it tonight? Oh I wonder what Mister Raeghan will look like!

A giddy giggle left the little bunny before she dunked her head into the water. Fingers moved through her great mass of hair, cleaning out each strand. It took some time before she surfaced again, drawing in a deep breath of air. Now she smelled nice and clean! Plus the water was still plenty warm. So carefully she climbed out of the tub, dragging a towel over her pale form in order to dry off.

One snap of her fingers was all it took to clean off her clothes. But she wouldn't need those for the night. After all, she did warn Rayvenne about her propensity for sleeping in the nude! And now that they were in their room she didn't really feel as though she needed to cover up. So, all dried off, Luna exited into the bedroom!

"Bath is open! Its still plenty warm and plenty clean too!"

Luna's body was pale all over, smooth like porcelain and seemingly untarnished in any way! Thus was the power of magic. Her chest was clearly pretty flat, although her areola were covered by her incredibly long strands of hair! When they weren't tied up they easily reached her ankles. Of course her crotch wasn't covered, nor was there any hair down there to obscure anything. Not that she tried to hide herself. One shouldn't be embarrassed about their body, after all! And she just didn't really seem to grow anything anyways. Who could say why? Perhaps it was the healing magic or, well, something else. In fact she'd noticed that she didn't really mature much as far as her body went. At least she had a little definition in her hips!

"So I might work on that thing for Raeghan. Think it should be safe to do that in here?" she asked, sitting cross-legged upon the floor. One finger moved against the wood, sketching out an intricate design, leaving behind a softly glowing green light. Once she finished Luna dug her fingers into the wood itself, digits sinking in as if pushed through water! With one smooth tug she pulled free what appeared to be a handle linked to a metal chain. A single click was heard before part of the floor opened up, much like the secret hatch in her wagon! Upon letting go of the magical handle it flew back into the ground, both it and the glowing circle disappearing into a fizzle of green sparks!

• Love 1

Rayvenne looked up when the door opened and a naked Luna stepped into the room, clearly not worried about being caught by anyone despite the inappropriateness of her state of dress. Or rather, undress. Most people were often too concerned with such things. While Rayvenne didn’t like to be seen naked by others, it was more because of her shame regarding the artifact that was fused onto her skin between her breasts, not because she was embarrassed about someone seeing her naked. After all, she cared very little for social norms. Still, she didn’t get particularly excited in any way when Luna stepped into the room, only letting out a soft sigh as she sat back up again, her feet pressing down on the floor.

She stood up and went over to her back, drawing out her night dress and towel. She then looked at Luna when she said that she would work on the potion for Raeghan. She gave a slight now, “I don’t see why you can’t work on it here… as long as you clean up any mess you’ve made. Glenn won’t be too happy to find one of his rooms ruined.” She said, remaining where she was for a few moments and watching the bunny girl before she turned and left the bedroom and headed to the bathroom. 

When she stepped inside, she could see that there was still steam rising from the bathtub. She closed and locked the door before she stripped herself of her clothing to leave her completely naked, folding the clothing in a neat pile on a nearby bench. She then stepped into the tub, allowing herself to sink into the warm water with a sigh. Rayvenne remained still for a few moments before she sank deeper and allowed the water to cover her head until only her face was peeking out. She tilted her head back, reaching up to run her fingers through her long hair. She then sat back up and scrubbed every inch of her body using the soap provided, paying special attention to the artifact embedded in her skin, to make sure that the surrounding skin was as clean as possible. Once she was sure that her body was clean, she watched and rinsed her hair once more before she climbed out of the tub and picked up her towel. She rubbed down her body, drying it off before she rubbed her hair until it was at least partially dry.

She wrapped her hair in the towel before she slipped on her sleeping gown. She picked up her dirty clothes and left the bathroom and headed back to the shared bedroom. Rayvenne put her clothes on the chair against the table before she took a brush from her bag and sat down on the bed, brushing her hair as she watched what Luna was doing. 

• Love 1

Once Rayvenne had departed the room Luna rolled her way into the open hatch within the floor. It was a direct access point to her other dimensional workshop! All proper witches had them. How else was one to work in secret? Or store many necessary items for alchemy? An apron was slid onto her body and fastened tight to her slim frame. One wouldn't want any spills after having just taken a bath!

Each of the required ingredients were removed from storage and prepared as needed. A small cauldron was set to boil upon magically induced flames and, one by one, Luna carefully measured out what she needed. Her personal book of shadows lifted into the air, following close to her right with quill and a bottle of ink. Notes were jotted down during the process. Multiple times she had to readjust how much of this or that she tossed in, the various plumes of colored smoke assisting with determining whether she put too little or too much of something in. First went the dry ingredients. Once they were properly incorporated she added the flesh paste and then, finally, the carrot juice! Then an extra dash for extra sweetness!

A finger lifted upwards, pulling the liquid out from the cauldron and into five crystal flasks. Each were corked and four settled upon some rocks over heat. They needed time to incorporate. The fifth was brought out with her and, upon returning to the inn room, settled upon a heated rock which, in turn, was settled upon a larger rock. After all she didn't want to burn down the inn or anything. With that she snapped her fingers, allowing the hatch to shut and the portal to her workshop to disappear entirely!

It was at this time that she noticed Rayvenne had returned! Also she still had her apron! After untying and setting it aside with her clothes she moved on over, hopping up to sit on the bed next to the woman! "There! It should be ready in about an hour. Hopefully it works! How was the bath?" she asked, legs excitedly kicking back and forth while they hovered above the floor. Even her large poofy tail wiggled with glee behind her!

Rayvenne didn’t stir in the slightest when the hatch opened and Luna climbed out, so used to such strange things happening around Maed. She just continued to run the brush through the damp strands of her hair, untangling them and making it smooth to the touch. Her dark gazed moved over to the heated rock, set upon another rock to prevent the heated rock from damaging the inn. She assumed that this was the potion for Raeghan. She was curious as to how he would look when he transformed into a human. She knew that he had been a human before he had died, and his soul put into the raven but that was long before she had met Maed. Most likely long before she herself had been born.

Rayvenne tore her eyes away from the potion to look at Luna again, pausing in the act of her brushing before she resumed, “It was quite nice, thank you. It’s been a bit of a while since I’ve been allowed to enjoy a warm bath like that. Usually it’s a cold river bath.” She said before putting her comb down on her lap and pushing her hair back so that it spilled down her back. She then got up and moved over to her bags, putting the comb away again. As she turned back around she paused when she saw the roll of parchment on the table.

Rayvenne picked it up before she sat back down next to Luna, holding the parchment out to her, “I had hoped to have done the shopping today, but time passed quicker than I realised. That is a list of the ingredients you’re going to need to summon a familiar, plus the animal that you wish to make into a familiar. The spell itself isn’t that complicated, however it’s risky. If it isn’t done properly, your soul will be left to wonder the soul realm until I can find someone that can go in and help you. The rewards however are great, since a familiar can have many uses to a witch such as yourself.” 

• Love 1

"Mmhmm! I get that! They can be kind of scary sometimes. You never know who might be around the other end of a bush! And they're usually not warm. So, you know, thats not fun either."

With a nod she turned to look over Rayvenne a little more closely. She too had long hair! Pretty black threads. And of course a much sexier body. Luna was just a little envious. Perhaps she could make a brew to change her own body, but then it seemed kind of like cheating if she were to do that. Besides, she liked herself just as she was! Even if it was a little underwhelming at times.

When the parchment was extended towards her the little bunny reached out to accept it. Her grip was gentle and as careful as she could possibly manage, as if it might blow right up in her face! Then again some scrolls did that. Those were scary moments. But this was a different case. It was something being offered by Rayvenne, something important and to be treasured! Sparkly orbs immediately set upon scanning over what was written down, although one ear was kept perked up in Rayvenne's direction in order to afford her every bit of attention possible!

"F-for me?! Thank you so much!" she exclaimed, bouncing excitedly in her spot upon the bed! While she would have normally leaped right into a hug she was still holding the parchment, and even she had the common sense not to risk damaging it at this time. "Oooh. Some of these are going to be tough. But some I already have!"

Ah heck, she couldn't hold it in forever! Holding onto the paper with one hand Luna swiftly wrapped the other arm around the woman's midsection, giving her a brief squeeze! It was the best she could do given the circumstances. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

Luna’s reaction surprised Rayvenne a little. She had never seen anyone so excited to have a list of spell ingredients. She was glad to hear that she already had some. She particularly wished Luna had the raven and swan feathers, otherwise they might be difficult to come by. She was sure that Raeghan would be willing to give up a few feathers, especially as Luna was helping him but Rayvenne wasn’t sure where they could get swan feathers. She doubted that any of the market stalls were selling them, unless they happened to come across a swan feather pillow. Luna could buy it, extract a few feathers and then use it for herself. 

Rayvenne then grunted as small arms wrapped around her, hugging her. She stiffened for a moment before forcing herself to relax as she allowed Luna to hug her, “Don’t thank me just yet. You’re the one that’s going to be paying for the ingredients and doing the spell itself. I can’t help you with that bit, except help guide you through it using my old friends spellbook.” A little awkwardly, she reached up and petted the hair of the bunny girl, allowing her fingers to brush through the extremely soft hair.

“What animal are you thinking of using?” Rayvenne then asked as she lowered her hand slightly. She also wondered what kind of soul would be compatible with Luna. There was a momentary, horrifying thought that the familiar could end up acting like Luna. Then there would be two of them. Still, Luna wasn’t quite as bad as she originally thought she was. 

• Love 1

Indeed, Luna did have all but the feathers. Perhaps she could seek out the birds within the forests? Raeghan might give up some of his if she were lucky. Maybe she'd ask him after she got the potion down correctly which, hopefully, it already was! Pillows might hold swan feathers but who knew if people were telling the truth on those until you tore open the pillow. Still, it might be worth a check in the market tomorrow.

For a moment Rayvenne tensed up. Luna was wondering whether or not she might be pushed away. Thankfully that wasn't the case! In fact one of the woman's hands settled atop her head, brushing through her incredibly soft hair. It prompted her ears to lazily flop backwards, her tail calming down just a little bit behind her. Only the occasional wiggle of glee emerged from the fluffy white orb. "Maybe so but this is really important! I honestly don't know where I'd turn for this information otherwise."

What animal? She honestly didn't know. Many animals worked just fine as a familiar, and each had their own advantages and disadvantages. Raeghan was pretty good because he blended in well and could fly. Also ravens were just naturally intelligent. "Maybe a cat? Or a mouse. Uh. I guess I've always assumed that they sorta came to a witch in whatever form they chose so I haven't really thought much on it."

At this point she relaxed the hug, although she still held it somewhat. After all she rarely got to enjoy hugs! She had a feeling Rayvenne was in the same boat. "What would you choose if you could? Do you think I could leave it up to them?"

• Love 1

Rayvenne’s lips thinned for a moment as she thought about Luna’s question. After a few moments, she shrugged her shoulders, “I’m not sure, actually. I’ve been travelling with Raeghan for so long now, I can’t really picture myself with a familiar in another shape. A cat sounds nice, though, perhaps an owl of some description. But you need to pick your animal before hand with this particular spell. With this spell, you will be finding a soul of a person that is compatible with you, and then putting it into the body of the animal so that they become one. It is how Raeghan was made, and it creates the most intelligent of the familiars. There are other ways to create them but they’re not as intelligent. The more intelligent ones are able to better help you with your spells. Plus… once you’ve made the dream catcher, you don’t need to make another one to redo the spells involved.” 

She pulled herself out of the hug as she stood up, moving over to her bags as she pulled out the spell book before she returned to her place next to Luna. She opened up the bookmarked place, causing the yellowed pages to fall open on the page that described the familiar creation process. The first step was to find and capture the desired host animal. It suggested putting it to sleep with a spell, so that it didn’t run away or hurt itself. The next step was to use the dream catcher, and a spell that would put Luna into a trance-like sleep that would allow her soul to enter into the spectral realm where she could move around and find a soul that was compatible. She couldn’t use a soul that didn’t agree to be a companion to her, otherwise it would cause complications down the road and she wouldn’t be able to effectively use the familiar for spells. The book then went on to outline the spell needed to bring the soul out of the spectral realm and into the animal body to blend with the animal. 

“I won’t be doing this spectral realm walk with you… I’ll be here to guard your physical body. I advise you practice this spell, especially the pronunciation. If you do anything wrong, your soul will be trapped in the spectral realm. I won’t be able to help you if anything goes wrong. However, Raeghan would be able to go in with you and thus protect you if anything goes wrong. From what Maed told me… it isn’t exactly entirely safe in there. As I said, this is risky, but the rewards are great.” Rayvenne said before, with a slight show of reluctance, offered the book to Luna so that she could read the spell process in detail, “I advise you read that closely.” 

• Love 1

"An owl?"

Now that was a pretty interesting idea! Owls were known for their wisdom. It was a flier. In fact, it was a very sneaky flier which operated very well at night! They were majestic. Also they hunted rabbits which she thought would be kind of amusing to think about. An owl and a rabbit.

"An owl. Yes. I think an owl works quite well! Thanks! I think I could probably catch one with a sleep spell. Maybe. I'll go out looking when I've got the ingredients all prepared. You know, less time keeping it caged up and stuff."

Prepare the spell first. Then capture the animal. That sounded like the best course of action in her mind. When Rayvenne slipped from her grasp Luna briefly flopped onto her side, only to sit up straight away! When the woman returned to her seat Luna leaned against her, quite content with the contact even if it didn't include a hug. She was just lonely. It'd been so long since she'd had any real affection with other people, even something as simple as this! Not that it was anything more! Probably! But still this was very nice.

As the book was opened up Luna carefully looked over the exposed pages. It was certainly old. Older usually meant better with these sorts of things. And, as the book suggested, she should capture the animal in question via a sleeping charm. Then she would enter the dream realm. That was a scary concept! Especially without Rayvenne, as the woman pointed out.

"O-oh. Okay! I'll ask for his assistance then and entrust my body to you. And I'll definitely practice the spell first!"

When the book was handed over Luna accepted it just as carefully as she'd accepted the parchment before! It wasn't a gift, but being allowed to read from the tome was a great honor! Her eyes already darted about the pages, taking in every bit of information they could hold. She even mouthed the words, not daring to speak them quite yet just in case it might trigger something.

• Love 1

Rayvenne watched Luna reading the book, almost amused by the expression of intense concentration on the bunny girls face as she was reading the spell book. She was glad that Luna’s attitude towards magic was not as frivolous as her seeming attitude towards other aspects of life. It made her more comfortable with the fact that she had handed the bunny girl a priceless spell tome that people would fight over to have, either to use the spells within them or to burn it due to their ignorant fear. Luna was lucky that she considered even letting her see it. Her eyes slid over to the candle on the bedside table that was getting a little low. It was the only source of light in the room. She stared at the flickering light for a few moments before she said,

“The candle will burn out soon. You might want to get a new light so you can keep reading. Meanwhile… I think I will lie down, and get some sleep. I didn’t get much last night, and neither did you. I don’t mind you staying up, with a light on but I advise you get at least some sleep yourself. Just don’t damage the book. It’s quite delicate.” Rayvenne said, staying where she was for the moment before she scooted back to the other side of the bed. She pulled up the covers and slipped beneath them before turning on her side facing away from Luna. She didn’t turn away out of dislike of facing towards Luna but because she didn’t want Luna to get cuddly enough that she might accidentally press against the artifact clinging onto her chest. While lying on her side was a little uncomfortable due to it, it wasn’t something she was comfortable talking to Luna about. She closed her eyes, letting out a soft sigh as she allowed herself to relax.

• Love 1

So absorbed within the book had Luna become that she'd not even noticed the dimming light nearby. Minutes of awkward silence dragged on while she studied with an intensity not yet seen. Magic was something she took quite serious. She had to as well: one wrong word, a slip of the tongue, a misplaced ingredient, so many things could lead to a miscast spell. Often times those turned out horrific.

"Mm? Oh. Oh! So it is!" she exclaimed, looking now towards the candle. How long had they been sitting here? Certainly much longer than she figured. Carefully she set aside the tome, leaving it open to where it was. With a few scoots towards the light Luna extended her hands and upon chanting a few words the candle's flame grew larger, however it also started to burn a little slower. It was a new time limit for her studies. After all Rayvenne had suggested she not stay up too late. It was kind of like having a mother again! Or at least an older sister.

"Okay! Goodnight Rayvenne! May your dreams be pleasant!"

Luna even scooted over to where she planned on laying down, partially so she wouldn't disturb the woman too much when she decided to sleep and partially to help block out some of the light. Even her ears attempted to assist by standing up on end! Once more the tome was brought to her lap and once more she delved into the text printed upon its pages.

After roughly an hour the light had nearly faded away altogether. Luna was getting tired anyways at this point and so after closing up the tome and setting it aside she rested her hands atop it. Another little incantation was mumbled, this one creating glowing green chains around the tome, locking it upon the bedside table it rested upon. Just in case someone tried to enter and take it. With that security measure in place she snuffed out the candle, scooted under the covers, and snuggled up against her friend's back for some much deserved sleep!

• Love 1

When Rayvenne finally woke up, she felt a small body pressed against her back. For a moment, she tensed before she remembered that she was sharing a bed with Luna. She let out a sigh, rubbing her eyes to get right of the encrusted sleep. She then let out a yawn before she pushed herself up before she tilted her head to look over her shoulder to see Luna fast asleep. Carefully, she pushed herself up off of the bed and stretched to loosen out muscles tensed from sleep. She reached back and rubbed her left shoulder for a few moments before she glanced back at Luna before she moved over to her bags. Carefully, while keeping her back turned to the bed, she picked up her clothes and dressed herself fully.

Once she was finished getting dressed, she picked up her brush again and sat down in the chair that was up against the table. She ran it through the dark strands of her hair, straightening it out after a night of being pressed against the pillow. She looked over at the bedside table and saw the spell tome wrapped in green chains. She paused in her brushing to stare at it for a few moments before she then went back to combing her hair once again while waiting for Luna to wake up.

She wasn’t concerned that Luna had locked it up. She doubted Luna would simply run off with it, because she was too naive to even think about stealing it. It was unlikely she could get away from Rayvenne either. She shook her head a little before she turned her eyes towards Luna, watching her while waiting for her to wake up so that they could go down and have something for breakfast. 

• Love 1

What a lovely rest Luna enjoyed during the night! She even had some pleasant dreams! Weird, neat, pleasant dreams! Perhaps even a sign of some sort? Nah, it was probably just her mind running wild. Still, it was a full night's rest cuddled up against another person. A friendly person. Those were rare nights indeed.

Thankfully Rayvenne's leaving the bed didn't disturb the bunny too much. She felt quite comfortable around Rayvenne and so she'd managed a nice, healthy, deep slumber. It wasn't until Rayvenne started working on her hair that the young witch actually stirred awake. Arms and legs stretched out, followed by a soft yawn. One ear perked up, then the other, and then finally she sat up. Glittery orbs blinked repeatedly, adjusting to the room. When she noticed Rayvenne she raised a hand, waving a bit tiredly.

"Good morning! How did you sleep?"

Rolling out from the bed Luna conducted yet another series of stretches! Naked stretches were always the best because nothing got in the way. Then she remembered the tome. Both ears suddenly perked straight up as she cast her gaze towards it. A sigh of relief left her when she noticed it was still present and with a tap of her fingers to one of the chains she released the protective spell, allowing said chains to dissipate into nothingness.

"Sorry. I just wanted to make sure it didn't go anywhere. Also I had a dream last night! There was an owl and her name was Arianrhod and we flew through the night's sky! It was really lovely."

While she spoke Luna slipped on her usual attire. It had been cleaned the night before with a spell, the same one she showed off yet again with a snap of her fingers in order to fix her hair up in her usual manner! Doing so otherwise was a bit difficult at times given how much she had. Once more she settled a hand upon the floor and once more she summoned forth the hatch to her secret workshop. The apron from the night before was tossed within, as were the two stones which had been supporting the potion. After inspecting the potion to make certain that it was ready Luna tucked it neatly into her potion belt!

"So what's on the agenda today? I think this potion is ready at least so maybe Raeghan can try it out."

• Love 1

“I spelt well, thank you.” Rayvenne said in response to Luna’s inquiry to how she had slept. She ran the comb through her hair one last time before she tossed it back into her bag and tossing her hair back so that it was out of her face. She looked back over at Luna when she spoke, apologising for locking the tome up with the chains before describing the dream she had the night before. One of Rayvenne’s eyebrows shot up for a moment, “Hmm. If you like the name, maybe that is what you should call them. Maed used to believe that dreams had great powers.” 

She turned her eyes away as Luna dressed herself, covering the nakedness that she had slept on. Rayvenne used the time to neatly pack her things away and to make sure that everything was secure, except for the spell book. She turned back around as Luna was tucking the potion into her belt, “First things first… breakfast. The next thing to do is the shopping list I gave you last night. Then we can leave town. Raeghan won’t come into town… people get uncomfortable when strange creatures hang around, and a raven with blood red eyes definitely falls under that category.” 

She moved over to the bedside table and picked up the spell book before turning back around, “And I certainly don’t recommend doing the familiar spell until we’re a fair few miles away from the town. That way, we should be safer from prying eyes.” She said, before moving over to her bags and tucking it away, hiding it deep within the bags so that someone couldn’t accidentally find it unless they went routing around in her bags. She turned to look at Luna before tilting her head a little and then moving to the door and opening it up, “Let’s go see what Lorna has for breakfast.” She said before heading out into the corridor and going down the stairs.

As she came into the main room of the tavern, she saw Glenn already up and putting away from glasses. He looked up at them and smiled, “Good morning. Breakfast? Lorna has a nice porridge on the heat if you want some. She even has some honey if you want it drizzled on.”

“Good morning, Glenn. Porridge sounds lovely, with honey.” Rayvenne said, slipping onto a barstool at the bar and crossing her arms on the counter.

• Love 1

It was nice that Rayvenne also had a pleasant sleep. She would have felt bad if the poor woman was kept up, especially if it were because of something Luna did! Like sleep naked! Or cuddle up close! Thankfully the woman was fine with both of these things.

"Really? Hmm. I should definitely use that name then! Arianrhod. Maybe Ari for short. Or Aria."

If Maed considered dreams to have great power then it was most probably true. She was after all a powerful witch! Her tome alone spoke volumes about what she accomplished. Luna didn't even need to read very far into it, heck she could feel the latent energy off its old pages. Although what this meant exactly was beyond her knowing. Perhaps there might be something written within the book but she wasn't about to pry any further. What Rayvenne had given her last night was already a very special gift.

On that note Luna started repeating the phrase she'd read last night, mumbling it repeatedly now that the tome was set away. Practice would make perfect after all. Thankfully they had a journey ahead of themselves, and that meant plenty of time to spend repeating the magical phrase. Still, she did listen to her friend's agenda. Breakfast. Shopping. Depart. All very simple. They would meet Raeghan outside of town later on.

"Maybe he can test his potion tonight then while we're camped. And, hopefully, I can find an owl!"

With a quick nod Luna skipped out of the door and down the stairs! When she noticed Glenn the little bunny gave the inn keeper an enthusiastic wave, hopping up onto a seat at the bar! "Good morning Mister Glenn! I hope you slept well last night! Oh, and Miss Lorna too! Also breakfast for me too please! And milk if you have any!" She did also take a moment to look around for Grahk and, if she spotted him, she'd give him an excited wave as well!

• Love 1

“Good morning Luna.” Glenn said, smiling at the bunny girl before saying, “Breakfast and milk, coming right up.” He put down a glass beneath the counter before he turned and disappeared into the backroom for a few moments before he came back out holding a cool, earthenware bottle. He picked out a small glass and put it on the counter as he poured milk into it, filling it to the top before he pushed the glass over to Luna before he looked at Rayvenne, “Is there something you want to drink?” 

Rayvenne snorted a little, “The only thing I would want to drink is a nice tankard of ale. But it’s a little too early in the morning for that. So I’ll pass.” She said, not feeling thirsty in the slightest. She didn’t need to drink that often, as her body was good at metabolising and holding water to prevent loss. The door to the kitchen opened up and Grahk came stumbling in, holding a tray with two bowls of porridge balanced on top of it. He came over with a cheeky grin,

“Mornin’ missus!” He greeted before practically throwing the tray up so that it landed on the counter with a loud clatter. Amazingly, he didn’t spill the food. Rayvenne put the bowls on the table in front of herself and Luna before picking up the tray and handing it to Grahk, “Thanks, Grahk. And morning to you as well.” She said before turning back to her porridge. It looked well cooked, and she could see the generous amount of honey that was stirred into it. She gripped the spoon and took a bite from it from the cooler outer edges of the porridge. It was thick and creamy, with a hint of sweetness from the honey. Just the way she loved it.

• Love 1

"Yummy! Thank you!"

When the milk was poured Luna immediately brought it close. Both hands lifted the glass to her lips. Luna did enjoy milk. It was tasty! Also it was supposed to help with growth! She was plenty short and not very matured, at least as far as her body went. Perhaps it'd help. Or perhaps it wouldn't. Either way it was delicious!

A hand lifted to wave towards Grahk as he entered. Then she wiped an arm across her lips to remove the little milk mustache left behind. "Morning! How did you sleep?" she exclaimed, bouncing excitedly while Rayvenne moved her bowl in front of herself. A spoonful of the meal was lifted up and after blowing upon it the little bunny shoved it right into her mouth. It was followed by another and another still!

"Wow! This is really good!"

With that she started to wolf her food down, shoving one spoonful after another into her waiting maw. She was often most hungry during breakfast time. Besides, most sweet foods were during this time as well! She did enjoy sweet things. It was a shame that carrots weren't presented more often during breakfast meals.

• Love 1

“Grahk slept very well! Lorna gave me a nice comfy bed to sleep in!” Grahk said in an enthusiastic tone, gripping the tray close to him before he said, “I have work to do now! Enjoy your food!” He then scampered into the backroom, the door closing with a soft bump behind him. Silently, Rayvenne ate her porridge as Glenn chuckled softly at Luna and said, “I’m sure Lorna will be pleased to hear that.” He then turned and continued cleaning glasses and putting them underneath the counter with a soft clink.

When Rayvenne had finished her food, she pushed it back with a soft sigh as she leaned back and adjusted her shoulders a little before she slipped off of the stool and asked, “Do you have your money on you? Or do you need to go back up to your room to get it? We’ll be back here once we’ve done shopping so we can saddle the horses.”

“Going anywhere nice?” Glenn asked, crossing his arms on the counter as he leaned forward a little. Rayvenne looked back at him before replying, “Enutpen’s Glory.” 

“Treacherous.” Glenn noted with a slight frown, “You better be careful out there. Those mountains are quite dangerous.” He warned them to which Rayvenne nodded and said, “We will. We know how to take care of ourselves.” She then gave him a small smile of assurance.

• Love 1

A gulp of food was taken. So good! "Thats good! Keep up the good work!" It was nice that Grahk got himself a job and a new home. Plus they got another worker to help around and everything was able to just end peacefully! If only all conflicts ended this well.

When Luna finished her food she went back to working on her glass of milk. It wasn't long before that too was polished off. After wiping her lips once more the little bunny scooted out from her seat, stretching arms out overhead. With belly full she was ready for the day! Thankfully it probably wasn't going to be too difficult.

"I've got my money."

Glenn's warning was a bit worrying but Rayvenne seemed confident enough. So Luna flashed the man a smile and a thumbs up! "Uh huh! Thanks again Mister Glenn! I hope everything works out fine here as well. See you later!"

With that she skipped her way out, moving over to check on Lucky! She'd make certain to brush his neck and feed him a couple of carrots before they ventured off for the market. "Thanks for waiting buddy. We'll be out of here soon, okay?"

• Love 1

“See you later.” Glenn said, sounding amused as he nodded at Luna pleasantly as she went to bounce out of the door. Rayvenne watched her for a moment before she rolled her eyes towards Glenn who chuckled softly in amusement. She shrugged one of her shoulders before she left through the front door, following Luna’s steps to the stable where she was checking on her horse. Rayvenne moved over to the stall where Maedoc was sleeping for the night. When she approached the stall, Maedoc nickered in greeting before his head appeared over the wooden door. She smiled at him, reaching up to stroke his soft muzzle affectionately.

She looked over at Luna and said, “I’m going to give Maedoc a quick brushdown before we go, okay?” She undid the latch in the door before slipping into the stall where she picked up the brush. Maedoc turned around, following her deeper into the stall where she stopped him with a gentle hand on his neck. She checked the food bin, pleased to see that there was plenty of hay in it. She proceeded to brush him down, making sure to get every inch of him. She then checked his hooves, which looked like they needed replacing within the next week or so by her judgement. 

When she had finished taking care of him, she slipped out of the stall and ignoring the impatient snort from Maedoc as she moved over to Luna and asked, “Ready to get everything?” While she was sure that Luna could handle the shopping on her own, she had been paid to be her guard thus she wasn’t going to let the bunny girl, a witch no less, to walk around town without protection.

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up