"No problem!"

It was probably a good time for her to do the same for Lucky. Of course she usually just used magic so it was a little more awkward for her. None the less she did grab up a brush and moved over, copying while occasionally glimpsing over to observe Rayvenne. It was simple enough, sure, but she was a little rusty on it regardless. She didn't even really think about the hooves either! Perhaps she should get them checked out?

Once Rayvenne was ready Luna nodded, patting Lucky atop the head. "Alright. We'll be back, okay? Be good Lucky!" With that all said she turned and lead the way off for the market! Each person she passed by on the street received an enthusiastic wave from the little bunny girl. Most of the people seemed pleasant enough as well! Only a few were the grumpier sorts, or were simply too busy to care or notice. All in all it was an enjoyable enough journey.

Upon arriving at the market Luna went right to work on seeking out the necessary ingredients. While she could ask Raeghan for a feather she wanted to spare him the discomfort if at all possible, so she searched for both a raven and a swan feather. As Rayvenne had pointed out before swan feathers were used in pillows, so she asked around first for that. Most unfortunately used duck or chicken feather. Swans were not quite as common. Still, she did manage to find some black feathers used in a few trinket stalls! However she didn't know if they were crow or raven.

"Uh. Hm. Maybe I'll just ask Raeghan. Though swan feathers are a little trickier, huh?"

• Love 1

• Community Administrator

Rayvenne followed Luna through the streets of the town to the nearby market. She didn’t lead anywhere, and continued following Luna from stall to stall as she spied the merchandise, looking at the items that were on sale while keeping an eye out for any kind of danger. She turned towards Luna when the bunny girl spoke. After a moment she shrugged and replied, “I doubt Raeghan will mind. After all, you’re helping him. He’s quite excited at the thought of being a human again. I’ve removed feathers from him before, to use as writing quills so I can remove them without harming him. As for the swan feather…” She trailed off as she thought about it, before frowning slightly.

“Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend just going up to a swan and taking a feather… especially with any witnesses around. The swans of Craethiel are considered property of the crown, thus it’s illegal to harm them.” Rayvenne said, glancing around before her eyes fell on a rather lavish looking furniture shop. She indicated it, “Perhaps there might be a pillow in there. That seems to be the kind of place to find one.” She started towards it, opening the door and stepping inside where she found herself looking at a rather snobby, well dressed looking woman. She looked Rayvenne up and down, her upper lip curling in disgust as she took in Rayvenne’s armour and the fact that she was wearing trousers. As she looked at Luna, she looked a little less disgusted, “What is it that I can do for you?” She asked with a forced smile on her lips, her tone indicating that she would prefer to not deal with them.

“Do you have any swan pillows?” Rayvenne asked, completely ignoring the woman’s attitude. “I believe I do.” The woman said, moving over to an area of the shop floor where there were pillows piled together. She looked at them, touching them every now and again before she pulled down a single pillow and brought it over and pulling it onto the counter, “Swan feather pillow, five gold.” She said in the kind of tone that suggested that she didn’t think they had the money.

• Love 1

As usual Rayvenne dutifully attended to her work without Luna's even noticing. Not that Luna was used to having a watchful guardian, or really anyone protecting her. Luck typically got her along just fine. Luck and a sunny cheerful disposition! Not always, perhaps, but most of the time. Otherwise her magic typically made up for things or, on rarer occasions, her powerful legs!

"Oh. Alright! Well if he won't mind then it'll be fine going that route." She was still very much curious as to what he was planning to do once he was Human. Well, okay, she had some idea, but if they were out in the forest then it was going to limit some things! Then again she probably would help him out in certain regards if he asked it of her. She did like helping people!

Although doing. . .that stuff. I mean he'd probably ask Rayvenne first, right? She's a lot prettier than I am! Maybe I should ask her about it first? Yeah!

"Ah, yeah, I suppose just tracking down a swan would be a bad idea then" she started, only to cast her gaze towards the shop Rayvenne pointed out. "Ooooh! Good idea!"

Soon the two had arrived within the shop. It was very high end! However the shop owner appeared to be less than pleased. No matter! With a bright smile Luna lowered her head forward, hands gripping at the edges of her dress in a makeshift curtsy! "Hello! I am Luna! I am a traveling healer and alchemist! It is nice to meet you!"

Beyond those words she allowed Rayvenne to handle things. Also she didn't know if Rayvenne really wanted this woman to know her name and so she'd kept it out. A small pillow was brought over, perfect really given the tight quarters in her wagon, although perhaps it might make a nice gift for Rayvenne or Raeghan. Five gold however was a steep price! One hand dug into a pouch on her side, fishing through it for coins. She was starting to run a little low. But selling some potions might help with that! Perhaps at the next place. It certainly was a good thing that Rayvenne had accepted payment in potions!

"Here you go ma'am!" The bunny hopped up, carefully slapping five golden coins atop the counter! Her tail wiggled excitedly behind her, heck she even bounced slightly in place! While she was happy to receive a swan feather she was also very eager to feel how soft the pillow might be!

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
On 6/25/2019 at 12:13 PM, Neptune said:

When Natia hugged him again, Rowan held her close, pressing his lips against her soft hair. He wished with all his heart he could make everything better for this little woman that had captured his heart. Unfortunately, this was likely to be a very delicate situation and it needed to be handled carefully. The life of Natia’s friend was in potential danger if they plundered in without knowing what to do, if it was indeed one of her friends. Rowan preferred to err on the side of caution, because he knew those kind of men that dealt in that business were dangerous. Even Rowan was wary of dealing with them in any kind of capacity. Natia’s voice brought him back out of his thoughts and he looked down at her, as he stroked her hair. His eyes fixed themselves on the smile that she tried to curve her lips into, and it saddened him to see a slight downturn to the corners of her lips. It was almost unnoticeable, but he had been studying her face closely for the last few times and he could see that despite the smile, she was extremely unhappy.

“You don’t need to apologise, my little lily. I would be just as upset if I were in your shoes.” Rowan said, his long fingers brushing against her pale cheek in an affectionate matter. He continued to watch as she stepped back, forcing a cheerful tone as she suggested that still had a few more dresses to try on. He knew he was trying to distract herself from the harsh revelation, and he honestly couldn’t blame her. But before they tried to move onto other things, he shifted a little closer to her, his hand moving from her cheek to the back of her neck as he said softly, “Don’t worry, love. I’ll do everything I can to help.” He didn’t give her a chance to respond as he leaned forward and kissed her tenderly on the lips, trying to show the amount of love that he felt for her in that simple gesture. 

After a few moments, he pulled away before he suddenly turned her face to the side and licked her cheek. His lips moved up to her ear as he whispered, “That’s one way my people say ‘I love you’.” He then pulled away, giving her cheek one final lick before he pulled away completely to smile down at her before he brushed a little of her hair out of her face. He wanted to give her a moment before calling Glenda back in, although there was no doubt in his mind that the human was no doubt worried.

Natia was relieved to have Rowan's reassurance. He held her just the way she liked, his lips kissing her silky hair and her head against his chest. Despite his troubled pulse, the sound of Rowan's heart beating still managed to help the girl to relax in his arms just as it always had. She was trying, so hard, to be happy for him... That was when he told her she didn't need to apologize. Honestly, that just made her want to cry more, to let it all out right then and there, but this was such a perfect day up until now, she didn't want to let this one chance encounter ruin everything. This was supposed to be a happy time for her and she refused to let some cruel old man get in the way of that! She could feel the tears welling up within her eyes already, though. Fighting it was impossible. They were going to drop at any minute and once they'd start, they weren't going to stop for a while... 

Perhaps Rowan could see her lips struggling to hold the smile she was forcing onto her face. The corners of her lips quivering as if begging for surrender. Her soft face turning red and scrunching up as she fought the urge to sob. Her life was falling apart, she had every right to let this break her down, but something was pushing her to keep herself together. She then felt Rowan's hand move to the back of her neck. A familiar sense of submission came over her and a faint blush returned to her cheeks. The tears had finally resumed falling from her eyes, but just as she opened her mouth to thank her lover, his lips forced themselves onto her own. There was a certain sense of ownership that came from his confidence in delivering the kiss. It was reassuring. Like he was sucking the burdens from her body.

She didn't have to think anymore. She just had to obey and her master would fix all of her problems. In this one moment, she finally understood... this is why people were okay with it... Even though she had no idea what to do, he was going to take care of everything. She was that important to him. The tears were still rolling down her cheeks, leaving visible streaks, and yet her smile was now more genuine. She didn't feel like she had to force it anymore. With the two licks to her cheek, she even began to giggle a little. Rowan brushed the hair from her face and she simply leaned in closer and kissed his lips again before whispering into his ear. "Be careful... and bring good news. After that..." She paused and gently flicked her tongue at Rowan's ear so that he could hear the sound of the saliva from her parted lips. "I'm all yours~"

“Good.” Rowan practically purred when she said that she was all his. He felt a slight chill running through his body when she licked his ear, hearing the slight scrape of her tongue against the flesh and the sound of her lips parting. He was glad that she thought that, as it allowed him to keep her close to him and, hopefully, obey his orders. This situation with the slave trader could be quite dangerous, and he didn’t want to put her in harms way. He didn’t know what he would do to himself if he allowed any harm to come to her. She was under his protection, and he was going to do all he could to make sure that she was safe. It is always easier when she is obedient, rather than questioning every single order that he gave her. It relieved him to know that she had that much trust in him, and he was determined not to betray that trust. 

He smiled a little at her, stroking her cheek with his thumb one last time before he stood back up, “Glenda, you can come back in now.” He called through the door which immediately open and a worried looking Glenda came into the room, her face twisted in anxiety,

“Oh, you poor child. I’m so sorry that he was like that… I don’t like customers that rude. Unfortunately, he pays his money so…” Glenda trailed off, looking a little trouble, to which Rowan said, “It’s fine. We understand. It’s not like you can really help the attitude of your customers.” 

“No… no… but…” Glenda started before sighing and shaking her head. She then looked down at Natia and asked, “Are you alright? Do you need something to drink? We can get you some tea, or even water if you want?” 

The woman at the counter eyed the golden coins for a moment but didn’t reach out to take them. She forced a polite smile on her lips before saying, “Thank you. Take care how.” Rayvenne could tell that sentiment was far from genuine. She was doing it out of a sense of forced politeness rather than actually wanting them to take care. Rayvenne picked up the pillow, not bothering to return the forced politeness. She hated pretending to be something she wasn’t. She disliked dishonest people, and the forced politeness was another form of it. She turned and left the shop, with a soft sigh,

“Right. So what’s left? I assume you have cotton for the actual inside of the dream catcher… although the tome said that spun spider silk is the better material but unless you have it in your carriage, I wouldn’t bother looking for it. You’re not going to find spider silk in this town. Cotton is a more than suitable substitute. Then of course there’s the ring of gold… something about the size of a large bracelet, not a finger ring. Then you need something to wrap around the ring… that can be whatever you want. String, ribbons, or even thin vines if you want.” Rayvenne said, stepping out of the way of the door as a richly dressed couple pass the two, giving them a disdainful look before they disappeared into the shop.

• Love 2

With yet another curtsy Luna turned, following close behind Rayvenne! At least the woman had been smiling. That meant it'd been fine, right? Luna wasn't really the best at sensing dishonesty. She just trusted people too much. It was probably one of her greatest flaws really. She was easy to trick and quite gullible to boot! At least she had Rayvenne around to keep an eye on things.

"Yup! Got plenty of cotton. Even have some spider silk but, uh, probably not enough. And probably not properly spun. I might have enough gold left to create the ring, although that'd be, like, most of my finances. Vines would be easy to get too. Or string."

As they passed the rich couple Luna smiled and lowered her head in a quick, quiet greeting. Still, despite the poor looks cast their way she kept nice and close to Rayvenne. "So I think that's everything we need from here, right? Should we head off? Or should I do some sales here first? Unless you think it's too dangerous. I could always wait to do that. It's not like we're in desperate need of funds right now."

Plus she was sure Raeghan was looking forward to catching up with them, especially with the potion freshly brewed! Speaking of which!

"Oh. Uh. I was also wondering some things but, uh, I'll wait and ask those when we're more private. Sorta. At least not in the middle of a busy street."

• Love 1

Rayvenne nodded slightly in acknowledgement as Luna described what materials she already had on hand. It was good enough, certainly, for the dreamcatcher that was needed. So it seemed that there was nothing else they needed to stay in town for, at least shopping wide. She tilted her head down when Luna asked if they should leave, or remain a little so that Luna could do some selling. While selling would allow Luna to get some more money, she didn’t need finances where they were going. They would likely return here after the completion of their quest. So it was pretty pointless doing some selling, plus selling would take up a great portion of their day which could be better spent travelling. She was about to respond, when Luna made reference to questions that she wanted to ask, but would wait until they left town to ask them. Rayvenne raised an eyebrow, but did not question or, or ask for further details. There was no need, since she would apparently get those answers when they left.

“I personally think we should be on our way. Selling will take up most of our day, and we have a long way to go. We’re not likely to come across anyone where we’re going so it seems a little pointless remaining a little to get some extra cash.” She said, before moving off away from the posh shop and heading back to the inn that they had been staying at. Once they arrived, Rayvenne handed the pillow to Luna and said, “I will go and saddle Maedoc.” She then disappeared into the stables and moved over to the stall where Maedoc was happily munching on some hay. She unlocked the stall, allowing the large stallion out before she picked up his bridle and put it over his head before tying him to a post. She then put his saddle on, making sure that it was secure but not so tight that it hurt him. She then went into the inn and up to their shared room where she picked up their saddlebags. She moved down the stairs, pausing as she looked at Glenn and said, “We’re leaving now.”

“Alight, Rayvenne… safe travels to you both.” Glenn said with a friendly smile, “We expect to see you back here.”

“Of that, you should not doubt.” Rayvenne said with a slight smile before leaving the inn and heading back into the stable where she placed her saddlebags on Maedoc as the black stallion shifted impatiently, eager to be off again. Once she was done, she turned to see how Luna was fairing. 

• Love 1

"Oh? Okay! Well thats fine by me."

Indeed, why stay longer than they needed to? Rayvenne didn't seem to enjoy being around other people and she was certain that Raeghan was probably getting a little lonely out in the wilds on his own. Besides, the longer she stayed in town the greater the risk was that people might think she was a witch! Mostly because she was. Also because people here didn't seem to like the two of them. Or at least they didn't like Rayvenne.

Poor Rayvenne. It must be pretty bad. I wish there was something I could do for her!

"Alright" she exclaimed, venturing over to where Lucky was settled within the stables. The little pillow was set inside her cart before she guided her friend out, leading him to rest in front of the inn. She reached up, brushing a hand along his neck while she fed him a carrot from her pocket. "We'll be out of here in a moment. Thank you for waiting."

While Rayvenne was inside Luna ventured within, lowering herself in a little curtsy towards Glenn. "Thank you so much for the stay Mister Glenn! It was very lovely! Please keep safe and give my goodbyes to Miss Lorna and Mister Grahk!" At least Rayvenne did say that they'd return. She was already looking forward to more soup and bread! And another proper bath. She doubted she'd get one of those for awhile. Back to river baths!

Upon exiting Luna boarded up on her wagon and nodded once to Rayvenne, signalling that she was ready to depart. With that she started to venture out of the town, keeping close to Maedoc. Partially this was for security reasons, although mainly it was so that they could speak. After all the questions she had did concern a matter of privacy with regards to Raeghan, so now really was the best time to ask. However it did take a few minutes of trotting along before she finally worked out within her head what exactly she did wish to ask, at which point it all exploded out with one massive series of curiosity laden questions!

"So, um, you know how Raeghan said he'd want to bed a woman after the, um, thing? W-well, I figured if we couldn't help him find someone that, you know, maybe he'd ask one of us. Or both of us. Or maybe he wouldn't? Would he? I dunno! U-uh, anyways, I mean maybe I could just help him in that case? Or you could? Or we both could? I dunno! I m-mean I don't know your feelings on this stuff either! What are you feelings on this stuff? I've never done anything like that before. S-sex I mean. With a guy. Or a girl. I mean I've- a-anyways I haven't really done this sorta stuff! I-it's not like I wouldn't mind either! Maybe! I think! I like helping people and mom always said it was how people showed love, and I think it's important to show love to people you care for. Which I do care for both of you! U-uh. Um. I mean. Well, uh, w-well I think you know what I mean. Right? Do you think I should? Or, uh, should I do something else? Or not? A-also I was wondering if you'd ever done that stuff before! And if you had, uh, what was it like? I mean if you did it that is. N-not to say that you have! But also not to say that you haven't!"

Pink flustering spread across her cheeks. Yes, the questions were embarrassed, but her being this flustered was also unusual for her! Normally she was so good about asking about stuff! But this stuff was different! It was also kind of tough not to offend people with these things. Was it offensive to say she'd never done it before or was it offensive to say she had? Luna simply did not know!

"I really do apologize if any of this offends you. I just, well, um, I dunno! I just dunno."

• Love 1

When Luna was ready to head out, Rayvenne mounted on Maedoc and spurred the eager animal forwards. He tossed his large black head and trotted forwards before Rayvenne pulled him in to a walk so that he kept close to the wagon. Maedoc snorted, clearly unimpressed with their slow speed and wanting to just go out and run, but Rayvenne patted him on the neck and murmured, “Later, Maedoc.” She could understand his frustration. She loved riding him as much as he loved running. She loved feeling the easy grace of the stallion underneath her, the power of his stride. While she might be a little biased, she truly did think that he was one of the best horses in the entire Kingdom. She had raised him since he was a foal, and thus they understood each other well. She was able to easily read his moods, and he was quite attentive to what she wanted. It caused them to become a fantastic team, able to deal with a wide range of situations together.

She was brought from her thoughts when Luna began to ramble, asking her questions. Rayvenne’s face turned carefully blank, even though inside she was feeling a range of complex emotions, and none of them pleasant. Luna’s questions brought back bad memories, memories of how she came to be here in the first place. Memories of what she had lost. Luna didn’t really need to know that, but she said, “I have done that kind of thing before, and I would personally rather forgot about it… but I’m not going to put out for Raeghan. He should know better than to even ask. If you want to help him with that, then feel free to. I don’t see why you shouldn’t, or couldn’t. I personally am not interested in the slightest, not with someone I consider a friend. To me, sex is to be confined to a romantic relationship and I am hardly in a romantic relationship. That said, I don’t hold everyone else by that standard. If you wish to have sex with Raeghan when he’s a human again, then do it. It’s not my business to really know.” 

• Love 1

What will she say? What will she think?! Oh I hope this isn't bad or anything! What am I even thinking?! Am I even ready for something like that?! Aaaaaaaaaah!

Red covered the bunny's face. Her ears flopped back against the top of her head. And then Rayvenne started to speak! The woman had done the sort of stuff before but she wasn't divulging much about it. That was a shame. Luna really could use some good pointers! Especially if she did decide to do something! But Rayvenne had no plans on doing it. She didn't mind if Luna did either. But she also thought that sex should only be confined to a true relationship. Romance. Not that Luna disliked the idea! She'd just been raised to spread as much love as possible. Even so Luna couldn't help but to feel a little bad for it, even for asking about it. It didn't seem like something the woman wished to discuss.

"O-oh" came her initial response, followed by a minute of silence. A hand moved up, rubbing against the side of her head. Now she felt a bit awkward! "W-well thank you for being open about your answer. I mean, if I do it with him I'm definitely using Nun's Brew." She nodded, settling her hands back down into her lap. One of her parent's recipes which had, in fact, gotten them hunted on a few occasions by some religious zealots! It'd been designed with pious Nuns in mind, the sort who wanted to stay pure, especially for stricter orders who might not appreciate them experimenting. Taken after the deed it'd fix anything physical that got torn, but most importantly it fixed the very spirit itself in order to comply with tests!

At least that's what they said. I mean at the very least it'll keep me from getting pregnant!

"B-but, like, you know, I've never done anything like that before. I guess I'm just a little nervous is all. I mean, i-if I even go through with it. If he even asks! He might not want to do it with me, right?" It probably wasn't too far of a stretch to think such a thing. Luna wasn't very womanly. Perhaps Raeghan preferred someone with more of a figure? Or a proper chest? She certainly wouldn't be offended. And she'd even try and help him find someone in that case! At this point she honestly didn't know which she preferred.

Regardless as they approached the edge of town she grew just a little more nervous. He'd certainly be around soon! So she closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath. She just had to relax, calm herself, and go with the flow! That always seemed to work!

• Love 1

Rayvenne quirked an eyebrow slightly. She had no idea what a ‘Nun’s Brew’ was, and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to even know. She could only hazard a guess it was meant to keep her ‘purity’ intact, whatever the hell that was these days. She drummed her fingers along her reins for a moment before the digits froze when she spoke again. She then shrugged at the woman’s question, “He might. I wouldn’t know what goes on in that bird brain of his. We may have been friends for a long time, but I’m not going to pretend to know how he thinks. Although…” She paused for a moment before she continued on, “I do know that if you two do decide to have sex with each other, he’s unlikely to really hurt you. He’s a good friend.” She hoped that, should Luna decide to go for it, that would alleviate some of her fears. 

The two of them left through the gates of Kalath, and moved over the bridge. The hooves of their horses clattered over the stones as they moved further away. Rayvenne glanced over her shoulder to see the guards watching them warily, but they otherwise didn’t say or do anything to stop the pair of them as they left. When they had crossed the bridge and entered the forest, Rayvenne allowed herself to relax back into her saddle with a soft sigh. She always felt tense whenever going into a city, or town. She always felt the need to look over her shoulders just in case anyone posed any kind of danger to her. It wouldn’t be the first time, nor would it be the last. 

The fluttering of wings pulled her back from her thoughts as Raeghan flew down, landing on her shoulder as he had a piece of red fruit in his peak. It was a wild strawberry. She lifted her hand and dropped it, “Found this for you.” He said, flipping his wings closed. Rayvenne rolled the fruit over in her fingers, checking to see if it was safe to it. It seemed perfectly fine, with no insect marks and it seemed perfectly ripe. She smiled a little, pleased, “Thanks, Raeghan.” She said before tearing off the green stem with ease and popping the sweet fruit into her mouth.

Raeghan looked over at Luna and said, “I would have tried to find something for you, but I had no idea as to what your favourite fruit is.” He paused for a moment as he preened his wing before asking, “How did things go in town?” 

“Old Glenn and Lorna needed help with a Hobgoblin.” Rayvenne reported. 

“Hobgoblins? I hate those little bastards. They always love to pull on my wings.” Raeghan grumbled, causing Rayvenne to chuckle a little before replying, “Well this one ended up having a home with the two. Luna was able to get a few things sorted, regarding her potion, and I gave her the means to create a familiar like yourself.”

“Ah! I hope you pick someone as wonderful and as handsome as I am!” Raeghan said, turning his attention over to Luna as he cawed in amusement. 

• Love 1

Luna's expression did seem to relax a little bit. She even breathed a sigh of relief! Of course she figured he'd be nice but hearing it from Rayvenne as well was good. Just as long as there was nothing wrong with the potion. Of course this wasn't one she'd made before so there could be issues. Potentially more aggression. A higher sex drive. Only becoming a giant bird person. Who could say? But it should be okay! Probably!

As they exited the town Luna gave a friendly wave and a lowering of her head towards the guards. "Goodbye! Your town was very lovely! I hope everyone keeps safe!" she called out, hoping to relax everyone. Thankfully it wasn't too long either before Raeghan showed up! She turned towards him, waving even more excitedly! All at once the embarrassing thoughts and worries of having sex seemed to disappear!

"Hello again Mister Raeghan! How were you?"

The gift he delivered to Rayvenne did draw a soft 'Aww' from the young girl. It was very cute! Maybe he had a crush on her? "Oh, don't worry! I love just about any food! Uh. Except onions and octopi. But otherwise I'm not really too picky!"

Poor Raeghan. He didn't seem to like Hobgoblins. But then at least he didn't have to really worry about them too much with her and Rayvenne around! "I plan on taking an owl. Maybe a snowy owl? I dunno. Oh! Right! Potions!"

Raeghan's potion was slipped out from her potion belt and held overhead! "Tada! It's complete! I have four others as well prepared. I figured when we stop tonight we can try it out! I mean, uh, if you'd like. Probably give you a tiny bit to turn into your Human form and then from there you can drink the rest if you'd like to stay Human for even longer."

• Love 1

Raeghan tilted his head as his blood red eyes focused on the potion, and he rustled his wings, “Ahh…” He seemed to breath out, not taking his eyes off of it, “I can’t wait to try it out. It’s been… so long, since I’ve been human.” He paused for a moment, before asking almost to himself, “I wonder what I will look like… not like an old coot, I hope.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you did. You act like one most of the time.” Rayvenne said in a drawl, causing Raeghan to let out an indignant squawk, “No fair!” He decried before huffing at her, pretending to be heavily insulted. He fluttered up, moving so that he landed down on Luna’s shoulder, “I’m going to sit with someone who actually appreciates me!” He said.

Rayvenne chuckled a little before she said, “I’m good with that. Besides, you can talk to her about how you can help her with her familiar. You know the spell and what it involves. You’re in a better position to help her with it than I.”

At once, Raeghan’s playful manner disappeared as he cocked his head and looked at Luna with one blood red eye before he began to speak in a serious tone, “Ah yes. Your familiar. I would be happy to help you with that, as thanks for what you’re doing for me. So an owl, you’re getting, is it?... Mm. A good choice, although owls aren’t as wise as people seem to think they are. I personally think they’re glorified mouse traps, but for witches they’re pretty useful. Some animals are better at helping with spells than others, and owls are one of them. In particular they’re useful for nature magic. The best in fact. Although Snowy Owls are good for ice magic, like arctic foxes and arctic wolves. I, being a raven, am more useful for spells involving necromancy and shamanism. So for creating a familiar like myself, I am the best person to help you. I can help guide you within the Spectral Realm and protect you from any harm because there are some unpleasant things in there, like Wraiths who hunt souls. I can help you find and communicate with a potential soul to put into the animal to create a familiar. They have to consent to this merging, otherwise it will go horribly wrong. Worst case, it will kill the animal and destroy the soul. Best case, you’ll have a familiar with a split personality.” He paused for a moment before saying, “Also, it’s best to match the sex of the animal with the sex of the soul, so you might want to decide whether you want a male or female.” 

• Love 1

Raeghan's reaction only further solidified Luna's excitement to see the potion in action! He was looking forward to it and so too was she! Then again he also brought up something she hadn't given any thought to: how would he turn out? Would he be in an older body? A younger one? The same state as when he perished? She'd never done one of these potions before.

"U-uh, um, I unfortunately do not know" she responded a bit hesitantly. At least Rayvenne's words helped to calm her down enough for a giggle! The two of them were very cute together. She was honestly surprised that Rayvenne held no interests in Raeghan, but then perhaps she'd always just seen him as a bird. Who could say other than she, and unfortunately she wasn't the sort to divulge too much about herself. Well, for the most part anyways.

She's still really cool though!

A hand moved up, gently rubbing small fingers along the bird's back. They stopped to scratch carefully underneath the beak. Thankfully Raeghan was well versed in the makings of other familiars! Owls weren't as wise as people thought, her included, although that was okay. At least they were apparently really good with nature magic! Other than healing it was her favorite type to use. He did also have a good point about snowy owls however. Perhaps she could get something smaller and, well, easier to find?

"I put my safety in your hands then. Uh. Wings. Talons?"

Right! The sex! Err, the sex of the animal that is! "Female. There was someone I saw in my dreams. An owl named Arianrhod. We flew together and I think maybe it might mean something! Anyways, I think it might have been a woman so maybe a female would be the safest bet."

• Love 1

Raeghan leaned into Luna’s tiny fingers, enjoying the feeling of the digits massaging him. His blood red eyes half closed, showing not only how much he was enjoying it, but also how much he trusted Luna. They then snapped open fully at the mention of the dream. He turned his head towards her with an analysing look before he rustled his wings, “Interesting… very interesting…” He commented before lifting his head a little, “Then yes, I think going for a female would be a best bet. Dreams often have a habit of showing you important things. Maed often thought that sometimes, the subconscious mind touched the realm of time, or even the realm of spirits. This could be such a case. And, well, it wouldn’t do to insult your destined familiar.” He then cawed in amusement, “But until then… I will fly ahead, and keep watch.” He gave Luna’s neck a little nuzzle before launching off of her shoulder and flying off into the trees.

Rayvenne pulled Maedoc a little closer to the wagon before she said, “It shouldn’t be that hard to find an owl in this forest. Surely it abounds with them.” She glanced around, as if hoping to see one. She didn’t expect to, but it was a habit that was long ingrained in her to keep an eye out. She turned her eyes back to Lune before asking, “I hope you have some means to capture and hold the owl? As well as keep it safe? I have little to no experiencing hunting and capturing animals. I have hunted animals before, but that is to kill and eat. And other creatures I hunt are monsters that again, I often kill, or sort out so that they can’t hurt people.” 

She hoped Luna had a way. In this, she would be very little help. She had done all she could do, by supplying the spell words, and the list of ingredients. The rest was up to Luna and Raeghan. Rayvenne doubted that she could even help with the weaving of the dreamcatcher. She had never made one, as she had never had the need for one. Magic just wasn’t her thing, as she had only been able to learn a couple of very basic spells that took a lot out of her. She relied more on her strength and skills as a fighter to deal with the situations she was faced with on a daily basis whereas Luna seemed the complete opposite. She had great skill in magic that, as far as Rayvenne could tell, rivalled that of Maed, yet she doubted that Luna could swing a blade around to save her life. 

• Love 1

The bunny's smile only grew wider still. Raeghan was enjoying the little massage! That made her happy! It also seemed that he agreed with Rayvenne's assessment of her dream. Perhaps this really was fate! Or perhaps it was something else? Would spirits do something like this to lure in a victim? Maybe. But hopefully not!

When the raven leaned in to nuzzle against her neck Luna let loose a little squeak of joy! One of her long ears flopped over his body in a makeshift hug before he took off. What a kind bird he was! Well, familiar. Not really a bird. But sort of! "Be safe!"

She turned to face Rayvenne when the woman moved in closer. Finding one was going to be difficult. That is if she went searching for one! "They're usually pretty well camoflaughed. Finding one is going to be really difficult. But that's where magic comes into play! I'm going to set up a few traps around the campsite tonight. Lesse."

The little bunny nodded a couple of times, cupping her chin in thought. "Minor runes against the ground. Seeds. Purified water. A charge of magic. Some sticks for good measure. That's all that's needed for a grassy cage trap! And the time to set it up but we have plenty of that. It'll have slits for air and it'll be reinforced with wood thanks to the sticks. I'll make some fake mice using some wool and sticks and attach them to the activation charm. Animal goes in to feed, sets it off, boom! Trapped!"

A few meals had been scrounged up that way before. She'd never specifically targeted owls but it should work! Maybe! "As for settling them down and stuff I think a basic sleeping powder bloom will work. I've got a nice supply of premade sleeping powders. All I need to do is set some on a separate activated spell. It will work on a delay following the activation of the first one! The enclosed space of the cage should ensure that they inhale some of it. And thats it! Maybe about six of those? I'll release whatever else is caught in the morning."

Slim arms stretched out overhead before relaxing behind her. She settled back within her seat, propping her legs up. It sounded like a fine enough plan to her! "So tonight I'll set that up and, uh, if Raeghan wants we can try out his potion! I think that sounds pretty good. Um. Unless you have something else in mind?"

• Love 1

Rayvenne shook her head slightly, “No, no I do not.” she answered in response to her question about having something else in mind. She then added, “It seems like you have things well in hand, and I have no intention of interfering. For a start, it’s not my place to, and honestly I wouldn’t even know how to advise you. As I said; magic is not my thing.” She then nudged Maedoc forwards, positioning herself at the front of the wagon in a protective manner as they delved deeper into the forest. Luna seemed pretty confident that she knew what to do, so Rayvenne didn’t think there was much more she could add to the conversation so she proceeded to lead Luna along the dirt path through the forest.

Maedoc was displeased at the slow walking pace that Rayvenne had set for him, and it showed in his impatient snorting and pawing of the hooves as they walked through the bright forest, the light of the sun shifting as it broke through the leaves of the tree. It was a bright and sunny day, with little cloud in the sky. A perfect day for travelling, especially as it was warm but there was a pleasant breeze that prevented one from getting too hot. They barely saw Raeghan throughout the day, other than a dark shape drifting through the trees every now and again. He did not rejoin them until later, when Rayvenne lead Luna to a good place to set up camp for the evening. It was a small clearing, well surrounded by trees. There was a small stream running nearby, which would provide them with clean water. The sun was still hovering a couple of handspans above the horizon, ready to disappear within the hour. 

Rayvenne pulled Maedoc to a stop, waiting for Luna to catch up before she said, “This is a good place to set up camp. We will be out of the forest tomorrow, so this will be your only chance to catch an owl. I doubt they are as common in the grasslands.” She swung herself down off of Maedoc just as Raeghan swooped down and landed on the saddle, “Not very common, is the answer to that.” Rayvenne glanced up at him before nodding slightly before turning and walking off into the nearby forest to look for dry wood to be used as fuel for the campfire. 

Lucius tilted his head up, peering towards a man several decades older than he. The man sat behind his large, polished oak desk. He was looking over at the younger man, his grey eyes flashing in suppressed anger, “I understand that you’re all set, and eager to go on these… damn adventures of yours but why, why my son, do you insist on taking your sister with you!? She-”

“Ciara-” Lucius stated in a firm voice, causing his father to look at him in surprise as he had never been this rude, or interrupted him before. Lucius’ eyes narrowed a little before he continued, “-wishes as much as I do to go on adventures. To travel the land that we live in. We’ve only seen as far as the town itself, and that is not enough to sate our curiosity.”

“There are plenty of books!” Edward argued, his brows drawing together in a scowl. Lucius shook his head, feeling disgust curling in his stomach. He had to resist all urges to stand up and shout at the old man, remembering that this was his father and thus he deserved a basic level of respect. He took a deep breath, calming the anger that was beginning to boil inside of him, “Books are poor substitutes for the real thing, father.” He replied, trying to put as much reasonableness into his voice as possible.

But again, Edward shook his head and stated, “It is far safer for her, here! We have plans for her, and going out with you is not it!” 

It took all of Lucius’ will not to burst out laughing in the older man’s face. He shook his head before asking in a quite voice, “Do you really think it is safe here, father?” He lifted a hand and pointed at his left eye, covered by a patch that hid the scarred hole from view, “I think this proves otherwise. It was I who slayed them, not you, and not the guards you have hired. Ciara will be far safer with me than she will staying here.” The two stared each other down, neither backing down. For several long moments, they remained like this, before Edward suddenly averted his eyes and leaned back in his chair with a sigh, “Must you?” He asked, and from his tone, Lucius knew he had won.

“Yes. I think it is for the best.” He said, suppressing the urge to smirk. Edward sighed again, slowly shaking his head before he waved a hand dismissively, “Fine. Be gone with the both of you.” He said, sounding defeated. Lucius stood up, pushing his chair back slightly before bowing slightly at his father, “Thank you, father.” He then turned and strode out of the large study, closing the double doors behind him.

As soon as he was out of sight, a huge grin split his lips and a chuckle escaped him as he made his way through the house. He had not thought that he would be victorious in convincing his father to allow Ciara to come with him. He knew his parents had other plans for his sister, and privately it angered him that they would plan her life out like that. A part of his anger came from the fact that he was in the same boat as she. They had certain expectations and demands of him. While he had no trouble meeting them, he still hated the restrictions put upon him. He couldn’t wait to get out there, to escape their home and to travel the world like he had wanted to do for years. And he would bring Ciara, whether he had their parents consent or not. But that would result in them having the guards chasing them everywhere they went, and Lucius would prefer not to have any of that. 

He had told his sister to meet him in the stable in an hours time, packed and ready to leave. He just hoped that their mother did not delay or stop her. But then their mother was a little understanding on their adventurous streak than their father. And yet, at the same time, their mother had the same aspirations for Ciara. If his sister wasn’t there at the appointed time, he would go and look for her. In the meantime, he would saddle her horse so that it was ready to leave as soon as Ciara arrived. He loved and adored his little sister, and the last thing he wanted to do was to leave her alone with their parents as they tried to mold and shape her into what they wanted. For the sake of her sanity, and his reassurance, he had to get her out of here.

• Love 1

Ciara Buckled her her black boot straps tightly against her leg, her boots going half way up her, one of the leather straps connecting with her short spider-silk dress. She clipped on the black leather straps around her chest and left shoulder, placing her throwing knives into each of there holders. She wiggled her small soft fingers as her leather glove slipped over her hand, feeling its tightness and durability. She wore an impish grin on her face as she placed her traveling beg full of equipment from her fathers private guards chambers, one last act of rebellion before leaving the sorry sod behind for good. She set the lock back into place upon leaving the guards room, making it appear that it was never broken into. She had a joyous bounce in her step while walking through the castle towards the stable.

She was going to leave, to see the world and all it's wondrous glory! Her hand dropped to her belt, feeling one of the two identical daggers resting in there place at her side. They were each 8 inches long, the material obsidian laced with silver, a Kraken etched in to blade, It's tentacles wrapping around itself forming the handle. I smile fell as she felt it against her finger tips, a painful grimace appearing, her eyes ghostly and haunted. A memory flashed inside her minds eye, seeing herself stab her mentor over and over with his own dagger, his blood spraying up on her face as she cried, her teeth gritting together in rage. Her face twitched, going a little pale, remembering was his twisted face looking up at her, the life leaving his eyes. She pulled out her flask and took a long gulp, pressing the memory out of her mind, shoving her feelings inside herself.

She marched forward, thinking about what creatures her and her brother might see, her crooked grin again returning at the prospect of there upcoming adventure.She wasn't sure what her father would say about her leaving, she knew he would want to stop her, but this time, she would leave with her brother no matter what, she had enough of his games, his 'Plans' for her. While she knew her father loved her, she also knew he had her for a purpose, to raise the families standing through marriage, the thought made her shake her head in frustration. Marry some goodie two shoes prince? No fucking way! She gave a loud harumph to herself. She's getting out of here one way or another...

She looks around the castle corners, not wanting to be spotted by her mother. She felt guilty leaving without saying goodbye, but she didnt want to hear her mother try and convince her to stay, making her feel ashamed to leave. She loved her mother dearly, having a great amount of respect for her, and wanting to say goodbye, giving her a big tight hug and kiss her on the cheek telling her how much she loves her. But she doesn't want to hear the protests, she was tired of being stopped. 

She sneaks carefully into the stable, not sure if Lucius will convince her father, and preparing for the worst. She climbs one of the beams of the stable, up onto the rafter, covered in shadow. She pulls out her lucky coin, flipping it about in her fingers, feeling its texture through her gloved hand. She shoots the coin up into the air, grabs it and plants it on her other hand. Heads. She smiles, heads is always lucky, things were going to workout, she was sure of it.

She saw her brother walk inside the stables, looking around for her. She nearly calls down to him to get his attention, before a devious thought enters her mind, her crooked smile growing a little. She knows this is serious, but she cant help herself, her brother doesn't see her, and the temptation is too strong for her to resist. She quietly sneaks just above him on the rafter, then hangs down from her arms, just a foot above his head. She knows he might hear her, but she is incredibly sneaky when she wants to be. She lets go dropping down and quickly wrapping her arms around his neck, and legs grasping around his waist from behind, squeezing him tightly, shouting, "Gotcha!" while giggling wickedly into his ear. 

Edited by BadWolf
  • Love 1

The only warning Lucius had, was a sound so slight that he had ignored it, before he then had arms and legs wrapped around him. His nose was then assaulted by the sweetest of scents that automatically made him relax and a smile to curve his lips. He reached up, his hand grasping her arm as he squeezed it affectionately, “You got me.” He said, his tone affecting a playful defeat. The fact that she was already here sent a wave of relief through him. It also made him think that she had not seen their mother, and thus not been dragged down in pointless arguing like he had with their father. 

He bent his head and kissed her arm, before unwrapping her from around him. He turned and instead gathered her in his arms as he held her close, enjoying the close presence of his sister. The sweet scent became stronger within his nostrils, causing desire to well up in his chest which he resisted with every ounce of his will. He knew it was the result of the magic that had been weaved on her when she was a baby that had yet to see the light of day. Thus he wasn’t sure if it was his desire, or the magic doing it to him. 

Shaking that thought from his mind, as he really should not be thinking of his sister in that manner, he pulled away from the embrace and smiled down at Ciara, “I have some good news. Father’s given his blessing.” His smile turned into a cheek smirk, “Father has always been bad at arguments with me. He had no choice but to submit to my superior points.” He then chuckled a little before asking, “Did you manage to speak to Mother?” He raised his right eyebrow as he tilted his head down at her as the corners of his lips twitched in amusement as he had already guessed her answer.

"Oh. Well, alright."

Rayvenne wasn't really a magic user, but Luna figured she'd at least see if the woman had any other ideas or, perhaps, something specific she wished to do! As it turned out she had nothing. The next few hours passed relatively quietly. She figured Rayvenne would enjoy that. Luna kept quiet and, whenever possible, pushed Lucky into a faster trot along the road. Maedoc certainly did seem restless, after all! Besides, it was a clear beautiful day and it wasn't too warm. Thankfully the journey remained just as safe and peaceful through to the evening hours.

A nice little clearing was spotted, right next to the forests in fact. And as it turned out this would be the last stop for finding owls. She'd probably want to set up even more traps than she'd been originally planning if that were the case. Not that she didn't have the materials or the time, it'd just take most of her sleeping powder supplies and a hefty chunk of time. At least they weren't difficult and, on their own, didn't even take all that long! The stream nearby was also a nice little touch.

"Alright! I'll work on setting up the traps!"

First things first: setting up Lucky! After unsaddling the horse and feeding him a carrot Luna ventured into her wagon. She gathered up a few flasks of purified water and a couple bags of sleeping powder. Sticks were picked up while she ventured along the forest's edge, seeking out good places to set down her traps. Whenever one was spotted Luna gathered some leaves from nearby, formed them into a fake squeaking moving mouse toy, and settled it upon a runic circle sketched with one of the sticks. A few branches were added, some purified water, and then a tiny pile of sleeping powder atop a small circle settled within the larger runic trap. A quick chant and a surge of magical energy set it up for action!

This she repeated, moving a little deeper into the woods. A total of twelve traps were set. She figured Rayvenne would handle dinner tonight. Well, hopefully. It only took her about an hour, at which point she returned to the campsite! Immediately she ventured into the wagon, grabbing some bedsheets and a small sake saucer. She didn't plan on drinking originally, but then she grabbed a bottle, figuring that Raeghan might wish to enjoy some as a Human. A second and third saucer were also snatched up for both her and Rayvenne, just in case either of them wished to join in. Afterwards she returned outside, sitting down near to where the fire would be!

One of the potions were retrieved, a little bit of the contents poured out into a saucer. She set it down next to the sheet's she grabbed.

"Potion is ready! Uh, I mean, if you'd like to try it! Also some sheets in case you do! Um, to cover yourself. And I brought something to drink with dinner!"

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
On 7/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, Neptune said:

“Good.” Rowan practically purred when she said that she was all his. He felt a slight chill running through his body when she licked his ear, hearing the slight scrape of her tongue against the flesh and the sound of her lips parting. He was glad that she thought that, as it allowed him to keep her close to him and, hopefully, obey his orders. This situation with the slave trader could be quite dangerous, and he didn’t want to put her in harms way. He didn’t know what he would do to himself if he allowed any harm to come to her. She was under his protection, and he was going to do all he could to make sure that she was safe. It is always easier when she is obedient, rather than questioning every single order that he gave her. It relieved him to know that she had that much trust in him, and he was determined not to betray that trust. 

He smiled a little at her, stroking her cheek with his thumb one last time before he stood back up, “Glenda, you can come back in now.” He called through the door which immediately open and a worried looking Glenda came into the room, her face twisted in anxiety,

“Oh, you poor child. I’m so sorry that he was like that… I don’t like customers that rude. Unfortunately, he pays his money so…” Glenda trailed off, looking a little trouble, to which Rowan said, “It’s fine. We understand. It’s not like you can really help the attitude of your customers.” 

“No… no… but…” Glenda started before sighing and shaking her head. She then looked down at Natia and asked, “Are you alright? Do you need something to drink? We can get you some tea, or even water if you want?” 

Natia just stared into Rowan's eyes for a good several seconds in total, blissful silence. She loved every moment. Maybe they were wasting valuable time, but it was nice to even have the time to waste in the first place and, in Natia's eyes, any moment spent with Rowan was a moment well spent indeed. She couldn't hide the stupid smile on her face as Rowan stroked her cheek with that gentle caress of his thumb she'd grown all to familiar with. It made her heart flutter with joy.

When Glenda returned to the room, Natia truly felt at ease. Her motherly aura just shrouded her with love the moment she walked in. Her mention of money, though, bothered Natia tremendously. It all came back to her own misgivings about society. Many people felt very strongly about their only perception of reality, but as expected, it seemed that money really was the root of all evil in society, or at least most evil. It bothered her that something so meaningless could drive a sweet woman like Glenda to have to put up with such a horrible monstrosity. Natia just shook her head and smiled up at the friendly woman. "It's okay, I'm more sorry about the way he was treating you... like some sort of slave... but you're so much more than that!"

Despite her attempts to deflect her own attention, of course, she couldn't quite shake the intense feeling of dread knowing her dear friend was likely in danger. And it seemed even Glenda had a hard time shrugging it off as she simply went right back to pitying her. Seeing Glenda respond like that was just a bit too much for Natia. The look in Glenda's eyes just reminded her of just how pitiful she must have seemed. She had to look away, if she continued to look at Glenda's face and hear her voice... No, it didn't matter what she'd do. She was already past the point of no return. 

"I'm fine... I-... I-... I just... I..." As she spoke, she sounded like a record player. Glenda's concern had only risen up her own anxiety again. She started to tear up to the point where she couldn't even see her surroundings anymore before finally just throwing herself into Glenda's arms and letting out the loudest, most pathetic sobs like a wounded animal. "I'm... I'm not..." 

Why? Why was this happening again? She'd just gotten over it and now it was right back again. Was she just doomed to face this endless cycle of anxiety until her concerns were cleared up? Her ugly sobs filled the room as her pretty face was stained once again by her constant flowing tears.

• Love 1

When Natia broke down crying again, Glenda held her, letting out a soothing croon-like sound, “It’s alright, sweetheart. It’s alright.” She said, stroking the girls soft hair. Rowan watched, a frown once more twisting at his lips. He didn’t like seeing her crying, and it made him want to destroy the source of her grief. But that wasn’t something that was going to be feasible. At least not immediately. He was more than tempted to bring the man down, to destroy his empire. The only problem was, that someone would come along and take his place. For all he knew, the next person might be someone even worse. If he were to do something like that, he would need to do it in such a way that the person that replaced him would be someone in his own pocket. Someone he could watch and control. Thus, if any slaves such as the Aequu came into their possession, they would pass them along immediately to Rowan to deal with. Rowan only dealt in those willing to be slaves, so he would attempt to ensure their safety if he was unable to find a way home for them.

Glenda’s voice broke through his thoughts as she said, “I know what you need, dear. A nice strong cup of tea. That fixes many ills.” Rowan raised an eyebrow at her claim before shaking his head with a soft snort of amusement. He reached out, deftly removing Natia from Glenda’s arms and pulling her against himself, “Then please get some.” He told her as the matronly woman stood and left the small room, closing the door behind them. He knew the tea itself would not make Natia magically happy, but the act of drinking it would hopefully be enough to distract her.

Rowan sighed, stroking his fingers through her soft hair as he murmured softly, “It’s alright, Natia.” He didn’t want to tell her his temptations, just in case she either took it as a promise or told him off for wanting to do that to another person. Since he could ruin the man, and make him no richer than a beggar on the streets. Glenda came back with a smile and a cup of steaming tea on a saucer here, “Here you do, sweetheart. Get that down you, and you’ll start feeling much better.” She said.

Once Rayvenne returned with dry wood, she set about making a campfire for them, snapping the longer sticks down until she could easily pile them on the small flames until she had build a decent fire. She then stood up and moved over to Maedoc, glancing over at Luna who was building her traps. She turned back to her horse, waving Raeghan off of the saddle before she removed it and lead Maedoc over to the stream so that he could drink his fill. Once that was done, she gave him a quick brush down and left him where he could contentedly munch down on some of the grass around their camp. She picked up her bow and arrow and left the campsite. She knew that Raeghan would alert her if danger came along, threatening Luna. So she felt safe about leaving her.

Her steps were silent through the forest, like that of a stalking predator. Thus it wasn’t long before she returned with several rabbits. She set up the cooking pot for a stew and began to skin and gut the animals just as Luna bounced over to the fire and sat down. She spared her a glance before looking down at her work. Her knife then froze as Luna spoke, before she looked up with a slightly unimpressed look, “That’s something we forgot to get. Some clothes for Raeghan. I doubt many people would appreciate a naked man running around.” She said as Raeghan skipped over, cawing in amusement.

“Nonsense, Rayvenne. They’ll love it!” He claimed, causing her to shake her head before bending down to her work again. The blood eyed raven then looked over at Luna before his head tilted towards the potion, “How long will this last me? Because I’m not sure if I will be able to help you with your spell when I’m human, so I would like to enjoy being human for a little bit before returning to this form so that I can help.” 

Edited by Neptune
Changed location information
  • Love 1

How long would it last? While a glance was spared towards dinner's preparations she pondered upon the question, one hand moving up to rub at her chin. "Well a single sip will last a few minutes. Enough time for you to drink more as a Human. A quarter of the bottle should give you maybe eight hours? Yeah. Around that much. So just go based off that! And I have four more bottles in the wagon tucked away."

She nodded a couple of times. They should last that long! "A-and I brought the sheets so you can cover up. Um. I mean. Unless you like being naked. I don't mind! I always sleep naked when I can. But I guess that is kind of different, huh?" she asked, head tilting just a bit. Rayvenne had allowed it so clearly it was okay! Maybe?

"But tonight I can take your measurements and we can pick you up some clothes at the next stop! Do you like anything specific? Perhaps a favorite color?"

It was difficult to know what to pick out for him. After all she'd never seen him in his Human form before! And besides, it was better to wear what one was comfortable in. After all one only needed to look at her and her crazy little outfit! It certainly was not normal. Even so she was very eager to see what he looked like, and so she allowed her gaze to return to the raven.

• Love 1

Raeghan tilted his head to the other side, his wings rustling as he listened carefully as she explained how long the potion doses would last him. He let out a caw of amusement before he said, “I am not a fussy man when it comes to clothing. Anything that fits would be suitable.” 

“Our next stop off will be Kalath again, after returning from Enutpen’s Glory which will be a while.” Rayvenne then said as she pilled the freshly cut meat into the stew to simmer. She then stood up and walked over to the stream where she washed her hands. Raeghan shifted his head towards her for a moment before he looked back at Luna, “Then… I would like to try it for eight hours, tonight. Hopefully by the time it wears off, you’ve caught your owl. Then we can next try it properly when we’re next in Kalath… so I can have a nice strong drink!” He cawed a little, hopping a little closer to Luna to rub his head against Luna’s knee before he stepped closer to the saucer that had a little bit of the potion in it.

He tilted his head, looking at it with one blood red eye before he took the plunge and dipped his beak into the liquid and drank it down. It didn’t taste as foul as he was expecting. In fact, it tasted rather pleasant. He pulled his peak away as he commented, “You make better tasting potions than Maed ever did.” 

“It’s a good thing she’s not around to hear you say that.” Rayvenne said, returning to the campfire and sitting next to the food to keep an eye on it. Raeghan cawed softly before falling silent again as a tingling sensation ran through his body. His eyesight seemed to blur for a moment, as it felt as if various parts of his body were being pulled and compressed until he felt himself shifting form, his wings changing and his legs morphing into something more familiar to the other two.

After a few moments, the raven was gone. In his place was a human, of medium height and looked to be in his early thirties. His skin was pale, and he was well muscled especially around the chest. His hair brushed past his shoulders and was a black as dark as his feathers had been whereas his eyes were blood red. He reached up, touching his hands to his chest before feeling his way up his face, “Wow…” He said, in a rather deep voice that caused his hand to drop down to touch his throat, “This is… certainly different. How do I look?”

“Not as bad as I was expecting.” Rayvenne said, taking a moment to take a cursory look. Honestly, she had been expecting him to turn into an old looking man, rather than a middle-aged man that would no doubt get a fair few glances from the women in local towns. She then turned her head to avoid looking at his nakedness, and turned her attention back to tending the food.

• Love 1

"Oooh. Okay! And don't worry, the traps will give them a pleasant sleep until morning. We don't have to worry too much about picking them up right away! But I suppose baby steps are good too."

To be honest she was really excited to see whether or not the potion would even work! Of course it should. She had her information correct. Probably. But this wasn't one she'd ever made before. She did reach over, brushing a hand along the raven's head when he scooted in to rub on her leg. A smile also spread across her face. It was good to know that she'd made the potion sweet enough!

"Awww. Thank you! Also I did bring some sake out if either of you would care to enjoy it. I didn't know if you'd like to celebrate or not. And, uh, I was bringing out the saucers anyways."

The bunny's sparkly gaze never once left the raven when the transformation was set into motion! She wasn't about to miss even a single detail. In fact she was making mental notes, already adjusting within her mind aspects about the potion. Less dilution should create a faster transformation. It would mean a smaller potion though unless she added a few more of the ingredients. But then the taste would also suffer. Beyond all that however it seemed as though it worked out fine!

Really fine.

Ears perked straight up. Red filled the poor girl's cheeks. Raeghan was Human again! And he was naked! Also he didn't look bad. Not at all. Fingers fiddled nervously with the hem of her dress while multicolored orbs traced up and down the man's body. Of course she did stop a few times down below for obvious reasons. Then she remembered the sheets! They were snatched up and held right in front of her face. Her ears even drooped down, covering her eyes, although one occasionally peaked just a slight bit to one side.

"U-um! I-in case you'd like to cover up! Not that I mind! I definitely don't! I m-mean! Um!"

She'd fumbled over her words enough, suddenly going silent at that point.

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up