• Community Administrator

Welcome to Palm Beach

large.Palm-Beach.jpg
(Artist Unknown)

Palm Beach is a beautiful beach along the shore of the Utopian Curse island. It is a perfect place for roleplayers to come and discuss their characters and plots. If you are new to the island of Utopian Curse, then this is the best place to come and introduce your characters, and request for plots or roleplaying partners. Please note that things discussed in this thread may not be known to a character, so you cannot have one of your characters somehow knowing something that was discussed in this thread, unless they were exposed to it within the roleplay. 
Please enjoy your stay on the beautiful Palm Beach.

Relevant links:

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Uhhhh..... I want to roleplay in here and it is a side story(A Non-Ecchi One and a SoL of my character's way to relax in the island(He doesn't want and will not want to escape due to his ignorance and another level of apathy)). But, english is not my first language and I couldn't do as much as so many members here.

So How much paragraph minimum to RP in here and how much sentence for a paragraph that should I do in here?

• Senior Staff

@Neptune Hmm...would it be possible to ask for some varieties of the following to be available on the island?

-  Rice (Would help Cassie a lot to have access to this)

- Wheat

-Lemongrass

- Kaffir Lime Leaves

- Galangal

- Ginger

- Garlic

- Various species of chillies

- Salt (A must for preserving)

- Sugarcane

And I'll think of some more later.

This is exactly why I created the Native Species Guide. As species will come from just about anywhere (due to the islands habit of randomly picking people, objects, animals and plants from various places) I put up a thread where people can note these things down. We've already put some down, like coconuts. 

@Manni Well, actually, you can get salt by boiling sea water, by doing that you could get both Salt and Drinkable Water in the same time, if you live in a beach, and there is also a salt that is in a form of a huge rock of salt if you could find one...

There is a thing or two that you need to do if you want to get both, normally, by boiling sea water you only get salt...

You can search the info in google if you don't believe me

Edited by Mr.X

It can be done on a small scale. Set up a bowl of salt water, with a means to capture the evaporating water (Like a tilted leaf that causes the condensed water to run off into a separate dish). The sea salt is left behind. 

Actually, in modern times, I think sea salt is gotten by companies having huge pools of water. They don't need the water, so they just let the water evaporate into the atmosphere until just the salt remains. Pretty low powered, actually. 

You can get drinking water from sea water using the method I described, Manni. But it's not much, and it takes a long time. There are better, more efficient methods of doing it. You really are better off finding a source of fresh water, such as a river. Or, even better, finding a way to harvest rainwater. On a tropical island, rain is actually fairly common. Getting your drinking water from sea water is unfeasible in a survival situation. Lexi has been forced to look at alternatives, since she was only able to get a mouthful of water from a bottles worth of sea water. For long term survival, it's not viable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up