What Really Grinds Your Gears?

• Senior Staff

Alternate titles: "What Triggers You?""Complain About Shit Here!"
Basically, what bothers you every so often (or all the time) in day to day life? For this, I'll give an example, though this literally does actually bother me.

Obnoxious security/porch lights.
They come in two (sort of) different varieties. Either they're way too sensitive, and trigger when you're on the other damn side of the road, or they're way too bright, and you end up half-blinded. Sometimes you get the best of both worlds, but they don't really blind you from the other side of the road.

So what bothers other guys here? It can be one thing or, if you have a few, feel free to share more than one. It's good if you make it clear what's what, though.

Edited by SMFoxy

• Senior Staff
26 minutes ago, Manni said:

Historically inaccurate battles with giant enemy crabs that actually did not happen in ancient Japan...

*wanders slightly off topic* "Attack its weak point for massive damage."

In fairness, some new memes get kind of boring quickly. But I guess by that point they become old memes anyway. I hate when people/communities try to force a meme, though.

• 3 months later...

System updates. I always get them on my smartphone and laptop, and I swear it's always at the times when I need to use them the most. Just today I was out and about and I apparently missed a call while my phone was updating for 15 minutes. So typical... 😩

~

Shaving.

I've had to do this for about 2 years now, and I can't stand it! Unfortunately, I seem to have facial hair that grows very fast, so I end up having to shave about twice a week (It grows REALLY fast, like, if I were to leave it for a month I'd probably look like a caveman xD). Every time I do shave I get cuts and bleeding on my face and my skin feels really hot and itchy :c

I think the worst part is the feeling that follows in the days after shaving, my face feels like sandpaper with all the small, sharp, prickly hairs scattered around my face. Eugh!!!

Okay I'm done ranting. 😊

• 4 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
7 hours ago, Sunstone said:

Shaving.

Ugh. I know, right?

And to stay on topic, something that grinds my gears is the TV License in the UK. You basically pay the British Broadcasting Corporation so you can watch all the other channels. Even if you never watch BBC. Currently, the law states that if you watch programmes as broadcast (live/on TV, or online at the same time that they're airing), you have to pay the License fee.
To put it into numbers, it's £145.50 if you pay for the full year in one go, £144 a year if you pay monthly, or £153 a year if you pay quarterly. Just to watch TV. Which you can do online.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...