Ghost game thoughts

So now that ghost game is officially over I guess I should put a few of my potentially controversial thoughts out there.

I for one enjoyed the series, yes it could of done MANY a things better. But then again that can be said for any movie, book, show. And anyone who says that isn't the case well they are clearly lying.Like nothing is ever perfect there's always something that looking back could of been done better at least in the opinion of someone out there. No one has to agree on what parts could be improved simply that everything has something that could of been done better its just the nature of well story telling.

I know many out there have shit on ghost game for being "TOO MUCH FILLER" but I personally dont think that word applies.It was designed without some grandiose plot in mind. Something that i  dont think digimon has done before. They focused more on the characters and reference book stuff, it was a fun series over all, it wasn't meant to have some big plot thing so there really isn't anything for potential filler to fill.

yes some episodes were less important than others, they could of trimmed the fat perhaps, I think one of Ghost games flaws was the episode count. They put to big of a gap between evolutions without much development. had they knocked off 5 episodes closed the Adult>perfect gap just by a few episodes the flow might of been better.

I love how in the end they did NOT try to force some big ultimate battle that SHOULD take 2-3 epsiodes into the last 10 minutes. A little disapoitned by the Unicron/Galacticus is on his way cliffhanger, but also cant help but laugh at the silliness of the entire story. The whole chain of events was simply due to Gulus jumping the gun essentially freaking out about something that wasn't even an immediate threat due to the simple fact that Digimon dont die of old age. They can live in thoery forever provided they aren't deleted then reborn.  Their perception of time if that was the case would be much different. If you could live to be 1000 years... 20years would be nothing, obviously Since humans cant 20 years is like forever to us. 2000 years is kinda a ridiculosu thing to worry about. Its like worrying today about the eventual heat death of the universe in how long?

I will say i feel they missed agreat opportunity with all the Ruli Jellymon moments. Something at the time that we had no reason to think woudl be possible but seeing both Espimon and Ryudamon evolve with the kids' help. I would of just loved had Ruli and Jellymon synced and unlocked a different mega- would of been a fun compromise since I know early on people were upset that Gamma got 4 champions and the others only got 1

Give them an alt mega by syncing with the other Jellymon and Ruli busting out Ancient mermaimon or Marine Angemon
Not sure what Angora and Kiyo would of busted out but would of been a fun moment could of been a fun thing to save Dracumon for (had they not offed him as early as they did) 

Imagine Grandracmon showing up in the mega arc, once again seeking vengence on Ruli expecting her to be working with Angoramon only to swap partners element of surprise sync with Jellymon and bust out a brand new mon to deal the finishing blow.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Ghost Game was okay.  It wasn't exactly what I expected from Digimon, but I did enjoy much of it.  The way they made the three main characters and their Digimon likable is by far the best part of it.  The cliffhanger ending is actually kind of funny.  I wish that they had done more with concepts like them being able to swap partners, which could have been used to explain multiple evolution (that only Gammamon got).

The episodic nature was though to get used to since I am more accustomed to shows with an overarching plot.  But there are plenty of stand out episodes. 

(Also, happy Easter everyone!)

Edited by BrightChaos