- [UK Law]:- Coroners and Justice Act 2009 - Sections 62 to 68 - It's classed as a "Pseudo Photograph" which is "an image, whether made by computer-graphics or otherwise howsoever, which appears to be a photograph".
- [US Law]:- 18 USC 1466A - (Source 2) - Where it is stated as clear as day: "In General - Any person who, in a circumstance described in subsection (d), knowingly produces, distributes, receives, or possesses with intent to distribute, a visual depiction of any kind, including a drawing, cartoon, sculpture, or painting, that—(1)(A) depicts a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct; and (B) is obscene; or (2)(A) depicts an image that is, or appears to be, of a minor engaging in graphic bestiality, sadistic or masochistic abuse, or sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex; and (B) lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value; or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be subject to the penalties provided in section 2252A(b)(1), including the penalties provided for cases involving a prior conviction."
- Just for Information and Reference, as it might tell you which laws they are in the other listed countries, I am not holding this as reliable source, but the above mentioned are linked to reliable sources (The horse's mouth as it were).
- If it looks like a child or someone under 18, or is tagged on popular imageboards as being Lolicon/Shotacon or similar, or if canonically the person is under 18 and they are nude or in a sexual situation, then err on the side of caution and do not post it here. It's really not that hard. We understand that "looks like" is subjective, which is partly why there is leniency for First Time Offenders.
- We don't want the drama and we're certainly not willing to risk our freedom by allowing that content here.
We don't "Hate anyone" who posts it, we don't "Hate it" but the Law is the Law, and I can't just decide to allow it. It's regarded in our country as being practically the same as Child Pornography. That's a heavy prison sentence right there, and far reaching consequences for the rest of my adult life. Why is it fair that we should be demanded to take that kind of risk, exactly?
- If you don't like the fact that's illegal in your country, you're going to have to take that up with your legislators. Until it's no longer illegal in the US and the UK, it's not allowed on this site. I am not risking EcchiDreams or our freedoms over this.
- If the legality of it doesn't bother you, or you're somewhat unconvinced of the actual laws I've literally cited, then consider this: We pay the server fees and licence fees, so we get to decide what is and isn't allowed on our site... And depictions of minors nude or in sexual situations isn't allowed. We totally have that right, just like you have the right to go somewhere else if it bothers you that much.
- Lolicons and Shotacons that aren't sexualised, in a sexual situation, or naked (no genitals on display) are allowed here. That's not banned at all.
- Roleplaying it, as far as I am aware, is legal, as it comes under free speech/expression.
What is EcchiDreams?
EcchiDreams is a Roleplay and General Interests Boards with a Hentai-ish theme. That’s to say that the roleplays don’t have to be Hentai related, at all. You can roleplay a real person, if you want to.
Our staff aren’t robots, but passionate contributors to EcchiDreams who are bound by the same rules, just like everyone else. Our friendly community is one where each member can be themselves without feeling like they need to hide behind a mask. Hang out and chill with other users in an understanding and open-minded place, where you can contribute freely.
EcchiDreams is a place where you can read and tell the stories you want to. Create your own Universe for both yourself and others to come and enjoy. Build your worlds- or destroy them. Take the path you want in your very own epic adventures. We have the means for you to be private with your roleplays, or enjoy the community public roleplays or even have complete control with a customised premium roleplay. There are many ways for you to express yourself, and almost no limit to what you can do.
How did EcchiDreams get started?
EcchiDreams first started in 2007 by a group of friends who originally intended this site to be a place where these bunch of friends who were located in different countries at the time, so that we could hang out, have fun and roleplay.
Over the years whilst EcchiDreams hasn’t grown much in terms of 'Dreamers', we have become a lot more advanced as a site, and a lot more open - so we can make new friends who like to roleplay.
It sounds corny; but that’s the truth. There is a more indepth story, found here.
How much does it cost to register and use EcchiDreams?
Absolutely nothing. It’s completely free, we don’t even ask for, let alone take monetary donations. We have absolutely nothing against capitalism but… Because of where we are located, and that fact that we’re a small site, if we took money from our members we’d have to go through the bullshit of registering it as a company, paying taxes on our income, as well as make ‘quarterly reports’ and financial statements - and we simply cannot be arsed with that as we’re not a company or corporation.
EcchiDreams is an independent, personal site that is run on a shoestring budget of which the server, software licenses and so on are all paid for out of our own pockets. Our staff are all volunteers, who are real interactable people, who frequently take part in the community’s discussions - just like everyone else. It is unlikely that even if we did become a big site that we’d charge people to register, or use the site.
We know the saying “If something is free, then you are the product” but EcchiDreams really is an exception to this rule. We simply have no interest in doing this for profit, even money generated from advertising doesn’t touch our bank accounts as it’s put back into paying for advertising for EcchiDreams. We have a contribution based currency (EcchiCredits) on EcchiDreams that you earn by posting, getting replies in your topics and likes from other Dreamers for good content.
How old do I have to be to use EcchiDreams?
18 years old at least, or age of majority in your country if this is older than 18. This site contains adult material and you shouldn’t even be on it until you’re an adult. Registering under the age of eighteen will result in the permanent banning of your account, as described under Section 8, Paragraph 1 of the Terms of Service.
Even if you're 18 in a few days time, and you want to register you absolutely cannot. We appreciate your eagerness, but it’d be a violation of Section 8, Paragraph 1 of the Terms of Service, even if you were only a minute away from being 18. Come back a second after midnight on your eighteenth birthday and you’ll be fine. This is simply not something we're going to budge on, ever.
What’s all this ‘Premium membership’ about?
Premium Membership is obtained through earning EcchiCredits, which can only be obtained through contribution to EcchiDreams in the form of posts. If your topic gets posted in or your posts or other content get liked you earn EcchiCredits. Simple as that. Sometimes people can buy Premium Membership for other people. Currently there aren't many real benefits of premium membership other than a shiney name; we will be working on this though.
I want to donate! Can I?
No. We currently do not accept donations at this time.
If you find somewhere online (Eg. GoFundMe or Patreon) that is accepting money on our behalf - it is not ending up in our hands, and it is not authorised. In the interests of keeping people from being scammed out of their hard earned money, please report these to us so we can take up with the site’s in question. If this changes (Although doubtful) this will updated to reflect that.
How do I know if I am using the Desktop or Mobile version of EcchiDreams?
You can tell usually by looking at the screen, although some tablets depend on the orientation you're holding it in, or how big your resolution/browser window is. When we use "Desktop/Laptop" users and "Mobile/Tablet" users, we're talking about the typical, although we realise that there are exceptions to the rule. The difference is immediately obvious in how EcchiDreams appears, see below for a clear cut example:
Typically speaking a Desktop/Laptop user will see this:
Where as a typical Mobile/Tablet user will see this:
Why don't you allow Lolicon/Shotacon?
In short; it is what it is, because it's classified under the law as Child Pornography and that's one subject we're not even remotely interested in even touching with a ten foot barge pole.
Modified from our news article on the subject:
Lolicon, Shotacon and the like, has not been allowed on EcchiDreams for a very long time. in fact, around this time in 2013 I made a topic about it, explaining why it wasn't allowed on EcchiDreams. I don't want to be too negative or harsh, and I want to keep my personal biases out of it, so I will just stick as closely to the facts of the matter as possible.
Computer Images, Drawn, Generated or otherwise (Depictions) of those that are under 18 (Minors), Nude or in Sexual Situations, are in fact illegal in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Italy, Japan (somewhat, I'm not sure), Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, South Africa, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.
To make this absolutely crystal clear;
And just to correct a commonly touted fallacy: Just because we're a Hentai friendly site doesn't mean we have to accept depictions of minors nude or in sexual situations at all. For example: Konachan is an Anime/Hentai Image Board that doesn't allow Yaoi (last time I checked). It sucks but that's their prerogative, just like this is our prerogative. They pay their server fees and they get to decide what is and isn't allowed there, just like we pay ours and we get to decide what is and isn't allowed here.
I'm seriously not trying to be an "Anti-Loli Nazi" about it, but I am fed up of seeing my staff, who work here voluntarily (completely free) on a website that is completely free of charge, getting abused by those that can't take the smallest of infractions, who can't accept responsibility or accept when they're in the wrong; it's always someone else's fault. I don't want to make it a Zero Tolerance Offence again; I hope that people can start being more adult about it. By all means come and talk to me about it calmly. I will explain myself calmly in return. But as the law stands: It is what it is.