Terms of Service
This document is an important document that is written as legally as possible. If you have any questions about the content of the Terms of Service and would like any of it clarified then please, by all means contact the Administrators; who’ll be happy to assist.
Table of Contents:-
- Acceptance of Terms
- Content Notice
- Registration Information Requirements
- Privacy and the Disclosure of Information
- Account Responsibility
- Unauthorised Access
- Premium Membership
- Zero Tolerance
- Duplicate Accounts
- Harassment (and our Definition of it)
- Bugs and Exploits of the Forums and its Applications
- Member Conduct
- Advertising and Spam
- Offensive or Inappropriate Posting
- Community Articles
- EcchiDreams Roleplay
- EcchiDreams Gallery and Media Uploaded or Posted to EcchiDreams
- Monetary Transactions
- Account Termination
- Violations of the Terms of Service
Acceptance of Terms
EcchiDreams provides free services to its members and visitors under the conditions outlined here in the Terms of Service. Whenever you’re using the services provided by EcchiDreams, you are subject to these Terms of Service. Registering to the EcchiDreams website (https://ecchidreams.com) implies acceptance of these terms. The Terms of Service may be changed at any time with or without direct notification to the users (hereinafter referred to as Dreamers), so it’s recommended that you check the Terms of Service page every so often. We will always put the date that the Terms of Service were last updated at the top of the document, under the title. Even if you’re a premium (Gold or Platinum) Dreamer (a registered user of this website) or member of Staff, you are still bound by these terms like everyone else. These rules apply to all sections on EcchiDreams (for example the Forums module and Gallery module in the clubs).
Whilst we take steps to prevent things from going wrong on EcchiDreams, and we uphold our Terms of Service vigilantly, however we need to inform you that: EcchiDreams (including all content, software, functions, materials and information accessed by any means thereof) is provided as is. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we make no warranties and shall not be liable for the use of the services, including, without limitation, any interruption of or error in the services under any circumstances, including, but not limited to, our negligence. We expressly disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to: (a) any warranties as to the availability, accuracy, completeness, currentness or reliability of the content available through the service, or the services itself; (b) any warranties that the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, or that software defects will be corrected; (c) any warranty that the services will be available on a specified date or time or that we will have the capacity to meet the demand of customers during specific hours; and (d) warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. You agree and acknowledge that any content, material, executable files and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or network or any loss of data or system availability that results from the downloading of any such content, material, executable files and/or data.
Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations or endorsements. We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them, you visit external links at your own risk. EcchiDreams and its staff have the right to edit or delete links, for any reason, at any time.
By viewing the content on EcchiDreams, you agree that all individual content is the sole responsibility of the individual which the content was created or posted by. Whilst using EcchiDreams you may be exposed to content that you subjectively may see as offensive or objectionable, but you agree that you will in no way, shape or form hold EcchiDreams, nor its owners, administrators, moderators, hosts, sponsors, affiliates, or the advertisers liable or responsible for any ‘offence’ that may come to you or others as a result of viewing this content. EcchiDreams does not usually screen content before it is posted and we will not be held liable or responsible in any way, shape or form for the content posted by others. It is our view that offence is taken and not given, and finding something ‘offensive’ is not a violation of anyone’s universal individual rights. We are also free from liability if you do something to the advice of someone else in the community and it ends up causing you or others, harm or property damage; this is not our responsibility, as you - the individual - are responsible for your own actions.
Furthermore; You agree that EcchiDreams and the above-mentioned groups are not responsible for any and all content that you (personally, or via proxy) post, upload or even view. EcchiDreams only controls content posted on the community as far as the Terms of Service and cannot guarantee the validity or authenticity of said content in any way, shape or form.
No views expressed by any Dreamer of EcchiDreams reflect the views or opinions of EcchiDreams or its Staff. We will not remove content just because we do not agree with it and likewise, the non-removal content does not equal endorsement.
Registration Information Requirements
EcchiDreams does not require personal information such as your real name or other identification that can be easily traced back to you. Although there is no affiliation, mutual or otherwise, with the following, we do allow registration via Google and Steam. This means you can use your Google and/or Steam account to register (at a click of a button) and log into EcchiDreams. Upon registering with this service your login name may be your real name. It’s highly recommended that you change your display name, as the display name will be your public identity on EcchiDreams. You will be given the option to do this when you first register.
Date of Birth
EcchiDreams requires a Date of Birth from all of its members, this is mainly for legal and responsibility reasons as our site contains adult and pornographic content. As we do not have any measure in place to verify your age we cannot take appeals for violations under Section Eight (8) Sub-Section One (1) of our Terms of Service. Please be sure to fill out this field correctly.
Whilst we don’t require your primary email address if you don’t want to give it, you will need a real email address if you want to validate your account, or if you lose your display name or password and would like it reset. We will not recover any accounts if we cannot confirm that you’re the account holder. The email address you provide at registration will be kept in the strictest confidence and will therefore be kept private. Of course, you can divulge it yourself but this isn't recommended at all. We do not sell, give out, spam or otherwise pass on your email address to anyone outside of EcchiDreams. The only exception to this is if your account is used to spam on our site, to which details will be passed to our trusted Anti-Spam partners to combat spam with other online communities.
We do not allow Disposable Emails to be used in this community, however, for a myriad of reasons and we use a third-party service to automatically block these.
Creating or using a forum account with a name clearly intended to impersonate forum Staff or other Dreamers to falsely claim to be that member as well as terms of service violating display name could result in your account display name being changed, with the option to change it later. Note that impersonating Staff to socially engineer or phish other Dreamers will result in a ban.
Privacy and the Disclosure of Information
In the event that you’re a spammer, and if your account is spamming our forums, we reserve the right to give your display name, IP Address and Email Address, along with a sample of evidence to trusted Anti-Spam agencies (such as Stop Forum Spam).
Staff on EcchiDreams will only look at EcchiTexts if a report has been made which contains the EcchiText in question; in these circumstances the Administrators can (but rarely) add themselves to the conversation and see it in its entirety and context, but will only do so if a report has been made. We take the privacy and security of our members seriously. That said; EcchiTexts should not be considered private; as anyone in the conversation can screenshot or even quote the EcchiText, and make it public without violating the Terms of Service.
It is the members’ sole responsibility for protecting their accounts from any access not by the owner of the account, be that authorised or unauthorised, and it is highly recommended that forum members do not share their accounts with others. If you must share your computer or other browsing equipment with another person, or using a public computer, it is highly recommended that you make sure you log out of your account after use. We certainly don’t condone it whilst there are minors (children, under 18) present, and we strongly recommend against viewing EcchiDreams in a public location. EcchiDreams strongly recommends and encourages that dreamers select a password that is:
- Hard-to guess by a third party,
- Is not a dictionary word,
- That it contains an assortment of letters, numbers and symbols,
- Being over 8 characters long to help prevent brute forcing (a technique used to systematically go through every character in any language to guess the password),
- That, if possible - do not reuse any password on any other site where it might be known to the owners, administrators, Staff, or their third-party-companies of that site.
- If possible; if you’re using a complex password, please use a free open source password manager with encryption. Do not write your password or store it, in plain text.
Remember: EcchiDreams Staff will never ask for your password, ever.
Accessing or attempting to access any EcchiDreams Dreamer’s account not belonging to the Dreamer in question without permission is not allowed, and we will ban anyone with or without warning for this.
Premium Membership is purchased through the contribution-based currency ‘EcchiCredits’ and cannot be bought, sold, or purchased legitimately with (real world) money, cash or cryptocurrency. By being a Premium Dreamer, you will have access to services that non-Premium Dreamers won't have. External advertisements will be hidden from you, and you will have more things allocated to you, such as EcchiTexts, and so on. Premium Membership is non-transferable once purchased/earned and is non-refundable; nor is it redeemable for (real world) money or any form of cryptocurrency. Being a Premium Dreamer doesn't give you free rein over other Dreamers, premium or not. It also doesn't entitle you to break the rules. A Premium Membership is for the lifetime of the account, not necessarily the site. Premium Dreamers can still be warned or banned for violation of the Terms of Service.
There are three things the community universally doesn't tolerate. These will result in a permanent ban being levied upon your account; in almost all cases, bans of this nature cannot be appealed against.
Membership from Minors (Under 18)
To register to EcchiDreams you must be eighteen (18) or older, and legally classed as an adult in your country, state or other jurisdiction. This is a strict requirement; EcchiDreams does not willingly or knowingly collect any information from anyone who is under eighteen (18) years of age. Furthermore, we specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for any misrepresentations regarding a Dreamer's age. If it is found that an under aged personr has registered, by truth or fraud in regards to information provided, the account in question will be terminated indefinitely without prior warning, with no right to appeal as we do not and will not have any system in place for ‘Government issued ID’ checking everyone; therefore, those that are terminated for violating this cannot appeal. Be absolutely sure to fill out the correct information when registering.
Posting Content That Includes Naked or Sexualised Actual Minors
Content that actually contains (or appears to contain) child pornography, or children that are nude or in sexual situations, will be removed and the Dreamer’s account terminated without prior warning (aside from this section of the Terms of Service), indefinitely. Our staff will enthusiastically give assistance to the authorities should they get involved.
Posts that depict drawn, 'cartoon', or 'virtual' (fictional) minors in sexual situations or nude will be removed, and the account holder risks a severe infraction for posting it. This includes sexual images of Lolicon and Shotacon, which is classed as Child Pornography in most countries.
We also believe that there is no reason to post images of (real) children at all, and this may result in a warning at the discretion of the Senior Staff, but not necessarily a permanent ban.
Distribution of another person’s Personal Information
Content that contains the personal details of someone else, such as: name, address, phone number, etcetera, may not be posted on any of our service(s) - even when disguised as a roleplay post it isn’t allowed. Accounts that do so will be banned, with or without warning.
EcchiDreams does not allow the registration of more than one account per person, even if you have chosen to terminate your original account. If a Dreamer is found to have more than one account, all accounts including the original/main account may be suspended immediately, with or without warning, at the discretion of the Senior Staff. If a Dreamer is found to have more than two accounts, all accounts will be banned, and we reserve the right to ban without further warning (aside from this section of the Terms of Service). All banned Dreamer’s will have the chance to appeal via the contact us form. We have systems in place that are specially designed to automatically detect multiple accounts; therefore if you share a computer with another EcchiDreams member, it is important to contact us before we contact you about this.
Defined as: (verb) to deliberately disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; or persecute.
Evidence Policy: The person being harassed must have repeatedly requested the harasser to cease and desist. When a report is made, evidence to that effect will be asked for, to help us build a case. This, in our opinion, is not unreasonable and does not constitute “Victim Blaming”, institutional or otherwise, as any case requires evidence. Because of Section 12 and Verification of Evidence reasons: Any evidence that features content away from EcchiDreams or its Discord Server will not be regarded as evidence.
Continual harassing behaviour directed towards a certain individual or group, with the intent of causing an intimidating and/or hostile environment on the site and it’s services, with or without uses of any kind of threat of violence, is strictly prohibited by law and we will not hesitate to ban the Dreamer without warning and assist if the authorities get involved. However, due to the seriousness and severity of this section, we must balance this with those who are falsely accused, or are accused under malicious circumstances as well.
Dreamer's being harassed must file the report through the appropriate channels; we do not allow “Mob Justice'' on our forums. Third party claims of harassment may be investigated but without a report from the person subject of the potential harassment it’s unlikely to have any kind of outcome. Excessive false claims of harassment may result in at least a warning; as that in itself is harassment as we've defined it.
Important notice: Using the Services in their intended manner (e.g. Following/Followers), or Staff contacting you in the course of their duties, does not constitute harassment or cyberstalking. Replying to something publicly posted to the site, on topic, in context to that content and not directed to the poster, does not constitute harassment or even as contact, either.
Pestering other members for Cybering, Online Relationships, Sexual Contact and Sexual Imagery
We don't appreciate nor tolerate members harassing (see Section 10 for definition) other members for ‘nudes’, sex, roleplays or relationships of a physical or cyber nature. Repeated pestering falls under harassment and we take this very seriously.
EcchiDreams is not a Dating Site
Further to the previous sub-section: EcchiDreams is not a dating site, so don't treat it like one. We're a community of people who share interests in a particular niche. Granted it's not unusual that a relationship may form between you and another Dreamer over a long period of time, and we're absolutely not stopping that; but that happening over a brief period of minimal contact is exceptionally unusual, even more so when it's done to multiple Dreamers in a short time frame.
Harassment against Reporters
If you believe that someone has filed a report against you for breaking the Terms of Service on EcchiDreams, it is not okay for you to go and harass them over it. More often than not, the EcchiDreams Staff will 'Patrol' the forums to make sure that the site is free of any Terms of Service violating content, which does not require a report from another Dreamer. It is not okay to harass someone for a perceived slight just because you think that they reported you. Note: In most circumstances, unless the violation was anything in Section 10, EcchiDreams never discloses who made a report against the reportee, unless it was a staff member that picked it up; and even then it will be "A staff member picked this up."
Multiple False Reports about a specific Dreamer(s)
As stated in Section 10: "Excessive false claims of harassment may result in at least a warning; as that in itself is harassment as we've defined it." If you don't like a Dreamer on the site, then block them. Filing repeated false reports out of spite against them is not tolerated and will be treated as harassment. False reports are defined as: "Reports that have no basis in reality of being against the Terms of Service of this site, especially if the report contains absolutely nothing, and no reason why you think it's a valid report to make in the first place." Reporting content that is specifically benign is a classic example of this. If you think something is wrong you can state why in the reasons, and even highlight Terms of Service Sections you feel they have violated.
No Contact Orders (NCOs)
No Contact Orders is an order between two parties that only one side has to agree to. Under this directive, the two parties are forbidden to talk to each other, full stop. It is an order given by staff not to contact another party or parties anymore. It serves as a prerequisite for Section 10 of the Terms of Service (Harassment) and can only be issued, by a member of staff, if:
- One side - or both - have blocked the other person but the harassment is still continuing (Block Shielding).
- If you feel “extremely uncomfortable” to the point that you’re feeling “distressed” by another Dreamer who you have already told you to stop contacting you, at least once.
It is as the name implies; you are no longer allowed to contact the other party in question. For all intents and purposes this serves as repeated requests to cease all contact thus Section 10 of the Terms of Service applies which means:
- You are allowed to respond to their topics, posts, statuses, etc; only if it's not addressed directly to them.
- Don't @ them at all and refrain from "Vague Insinuations".
- Do not send them EcchiTexts at all.
- Do not edit posts/content that you've already addressed to them by adding additional content.
- Do not attempt to goad the other party/parties into contacting you.
- Do not add the other party as an EcchiMate.
If you wish to communicate a truce, apology or anything of the sort it has to be requested to the staff member that implemented the NCO, or their seniority, such as a Community Administrator who will send the request on your behalf and invite them to the EcchiText to act as a third-party mediator, should that be requested by one or both parties, the staff member will be the one who is the most neutral to both sides of the dispute.
If you want to release the other party/parties from the No Contact Order, it has to be mutual, and when you both release it from each other, you will both be notified that it's taken place which will rescind the above-mentioned restrictions.
All reports of harassment will be dealt with on an individual, case-by-case basis.
Bugs and Exploits of the Forums and its Applications
Using or endorsing external scripts, bugs and/or exploits in the EcchiDreams source code, its engine, or its server(s) to gain privileges or access abilities not intended by the board design, will; depending on severity, result in punitive measures such as taking away your unfairly earned advantages, up to and including prosecution if prohibited by law.
Whilst we discourage the use of any software, scripts and applications designed to circumvent advertising displayed on this forum, we will not stop you from doing so, nor will we admonish you for doing so. We do request that you turn ad blockers off for our site, but it is not a violation of Terms of Service to use these, as it is your personal right, and you will not be pestered to do so by the site.
If a conduct of an EcchiDreams Dreamer or Staff member outside EcchiDreams is impolite, rude, or otherwise unprofessional, it is not the responsibility of EcchiDreams, and nor is it in the jurisdiction of the Staff of EcchiDreams. Similarly; if you get into contact with a Dreamer away from EcchiDreams, it is entirely at your own risk. We are not responsible for enforcing our Terms of Service outside of EcchiDreams or the EcchiDreams Server on Discord, it is simply outside of our jurisdiction.
Do not multi-post (the act of posting one after the other in a topic, for example; posting in a topic when you were the last to reply) within the main discussion forums. You can edit your post if no one has replied, we advise using that. We accept accidents happen, so if you have double posted by accident flag your post and a moderator will be happy to fix it for you, without penalty. If it was clear that it wasn't an accident, you may face an infraction against your community account. Repeat offenders will have all their posts moderated for a period of time that is determined by the severity of the infraction(s), prolific multi-posters will be suspended or even banned.
This is an English speaking forum; as such posts must be made in English, only. We asked in addition to refrain from text speak (example: c u l8er m8) in the forums, and roleplay areas, with exception to casual roleplays, unless the roleplay owner specifically says it's okay. You can type however you wish in EcchiTexts, as it's a matter of quality control.
Please be aware of Section Two (2) of the Terms of Service.
Plagiarism is defined as: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work. This also extends to images which are drawn by someone else and presented as your own work. Plagiarising other people's work, and posting it on to EcchiDreams as your own is not tolerated. This includes other people’s posts, however quoting (either by “quote” or using the quote system) doesn't constitute plagiarism. Just credit the original creator where applicable.
Advertising and Spam
Any content posted to EcchiDreams that clearly advertise a commercial service, product, or personal donations is not allowed on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Unsolicited commercial communications or personal website advertisements.
- Goods or services for sale, trade, or auction advertisements.
- Classified or wanted notices.
- Any make money fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes.
- Email addresses and messenger invites (Skype, Discord, and the like - just because it isn't mentioned here doesn't mean it isn't included), for private, commercial or personal services.
- Personal donations such as GoFundMe, Ko-fi, or Cryptocurrency addresses.
These are not allowed anywhere on this site. This rule does not apply in the Roleplay sections, providing the service advertised is in the roleplay, i.e. not real life.
Text and/or images that contain links and URLs to other sites are allowed, providing that the link is in context to the conversation. (e.g. Wikipedia articles, YouTube Videos, and so on) and isn't being plugged/posted in a disruptive, 'spammy' or 'advertising' way.
The rule of thumb here is: if it asks for money and the context is that our Dreamers should buy it, give to it, or donate to it, it is not allowed.
In addition to Section 14; you are not allowed to post links that:
- Breaks our Terms of Service in any of its sections.
- Point to a site that's primary use is pharmaceuticals, sexual "aid" sites (such as Viagra), camsites, paysites.
- Sites that directly compete against EcchiDreams in the context of trying to relocate Dreamers to that competitor's website or to do the roleplaying solely in that location.
- Goes to a phishing site or any site with the primary purpose of containing malicious downloads, viruses, trojans or other similar suspicious activity. Be wary that sometimes websites may contain elements such as malicious ads and pop-ups, even if the site itself has no ill intent and seems perfectly safe.
Anyone who registers and immediately violates this section risks being marked as a spammer, which will be handled under the relevant clauses under Section 4.
Offensive or Inappropriate Posting
The term “Offensive Post” is subjective to an individual, and EcchiDreams promotes free speech and free expression. Your right to free speech on this site only ends when you call or advocate to violate other people’s individual universal rights. If what you're saying is promoting or endorsing the violation of rights of another individual it may not be posted here. We do not consider ‘the Right to Not be Offended’ as a valid universal right. We are all adults and we can all be civil; with that said, disruption of topics can be moved elsewhere by staff and the report button is available to all members. Freedom of Speech is a core principle of what EcchiDreams believes in, it’s the freedom to make a fool of yourself, and it’s the freedom for others to tell you you’re being a fool, in an open marketplace of ideas.
Posts that violate the law, or incite others to break the law, are not allowed, and may be reported to the authorities. This includes but is not limited to; obscene child abuse pictures (see Section Eight), warez and serial key discussions, and torrents to copyrighted material, as well as vandalism and incitement to commit property damage and/or physical harm to others is not allowed.
Community Articles are a great tool for members to inform and tell other members about something within their interest. The Community Articles follow the Terms of Service; with addition to the following three additional clauses:
Perverse Clickbait isn't allowed in the Community Articles suite for quality control reasons as this is not what our community engages in; for example “Is (subject) deeply and intrinsically problematic?” isn't allowed. Community Articles have to be accurate to the subject of the text you’re writing about.
Full Disclosure of Reviews
Despite the fact that EcchiDreams is not a Review site; any Review Articles done that the writer of the article has a vested interest in; must be disclosed. If you are paid to review the object of your review then you most certainly are not allowed to post it here. Do not give your review ratings (example: X out of Y), this is again for quality control reasons. Bear also in mind; that our review section isn’t a place for you to preach your politics/religious beliefs.
EcchiDreams will never take any steps to remove comment sections from articles. If you write something that the individuals in the community then call you out on in the comments, we will not limit their free speech, unless it is genuinely in violation of the Terms of Service. Their free speech to call you out on your article is protected by the same right as your right to post it in the first place. Criticism and dissenting opinions of your article is not abuse, or harassment.
EcchiDreams has several roleplay solutions for roleplayers of all levels of experience and tastes; with EcchiText based roleplaying, and private/invite only/Club based roleplaying, there is usually something that Dreamers can find that suits their needs on EcchiDreams. Whilst the roleplays allow for a great amount of freedom for both the game master and the roleplayers, there will be certain rules that you will need to read - and abide by - in order to roleplay. Failure to abide by said rules may result in banning from specific club(s), or all clubs in general, depending on severity. Your account may also face appropriate disciplinary action including a suspension or ban in a worst-case scenario. The rules can be found in the appropriate sections of the clubs.
As per Section 15: We here at EcchiDreams, support Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression when it comes to roleplaying, so we accept certain ‘Legally and Morally Questionable Acts’ and ‘Characters Performing Illegal Acts’ in the role-plays, including but not limited to: bestiality, incest, under age sex, drug use, and weapon ownership and usage. Allowing it to be roleplayed here doesn't equal endorsement! As long as it remains in text format, in the context of the roleplay, a warning is put up for these Side Stories to allow for other Dreamers to avoid content they would rather not read. EcchiDreams, its staff, advertisers, affiliates, and community as a whole, doesn't promote, support or condone these illegal acts in real life; it is fictional, and it is best that it remains fictional.
The creator of a Roleplay Club is normally considered as the Game Master for that role play, and they usually set the rules for that given Club/roleplay, and moderate that Club. They can also 'hire' other Dreamers to moderate or lead their Clubs for them too; this gives Game Masters absolute freedom to police their own roleplays. In this case, the EcchiDreams Staff can only uphold the Terms of Service, or act as a Third Party Arbitration; if the Terms of Service aren't being violated we cannot - and will not - step in and overrule the Club Owner. It is the Club Owner's responsibility to Police their Section. Despite the fact that Game Masters and Club Owners can police their own sections, Game Masters and Club Owners - or the Dreamers of the Club - still cannot post content that would violate the Terms of Service.
Club owners can set four different privacy levels for their Clubs:
- Public - Everyone can see the Club and its posts, and can participate without joining the Club.
- Open - Everyone can see the Club and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
- Closed - Everyone can see the Club and who's in it, but only members can see the posts and participate. Dreamer’s will need to ask the Owner or a Club Leader to join; moderators cannot invite Dreamers to Closed Clubs
- Private - Only Club Members can find the Club and see its posts. Dreamer’s need to be invited by an Owner or Leader to join; Moderators cannot invite Dreamers to Private Clubs.
Disclosure: Even on Closed and Private Clubs - Community Administrators and Senior Staff can still view these clubs, for Terms of Service Enforcement and Security reasons.
The amount of clubs you can own (overall) is set by the Community Administrators, and depends on your user group level.
- Normal Dreamers: 6 Clubs
- Gold Premium Dreamers: 8 Clubs
- Platinum Premium Dreamers: 10 Clubs.
Private roleplays here on EcchiDreams usually refer to EcchiText Roleplays. They're not subject to staff moderation what-so-ever; however the Private Roleplay Bulletin Posts are.
- Private Roleplay Bulletins are for EcchiText roleplays only; do not post other contact information to your topics. Contact information that leads away from EcchiDreams will be removed under Section 14 of the Terms of Service.
- You must not spam multiple bulletins up in quick succession, and we advise against posting excessive bulletins anyway.
- You can request (via Report button) to have your topic removed for whatever reason.
- There is no moderation of EcchiText Roleplays outside of the bulletin board.
Roleplayer Preferences on EcchiDreams is where you can set your preferences in regards to roleplaying. This is like a 'card' that you can give to other people, to advertise your availability as a roleplayer to other roleplayers, so that they can find their ideal partner.
You are only allowed to post one preference sheet.
Any reviews put on these preferences must be reviews of the roleplayer in question, and not their preferences; you will need to have roleplayed with that person before, and their content must speak of their roleplaying. Any that do not will be subject to removal.
You can lock your own preferences to prevent other people from commenting or reviewing your roleplay if you're so inclined.
Gallery and Media Uploaded or Posted to EcchiDreams
EcchiDreams provides for the internal image hosting and publishing of Dreamer-submitted content via the Image Gallery for contributing members. Access to the Gallery is not a right, it is a privilege for the enjoyment of contributing members. We are a Roleplaying and Hentai community, not an image hosting site. We do not allow hotlinking from our site at this time.
Section 18 of the Terms of Services applies to Gallery Modules in the Clubs and across EcchiDreams as a whole, as stated in Section 1. Unless otherwise specified: This also applies to statues, avatars, profile covers, About Me pages, profile backgrounds and so on, hosted here on EcchiDreams or linked externally from another site be that images, videos or any other form of media.
The actual gallery (https://ecchidreams.com/gallery) must only contain character reference pictures or roleplay related media, and must not contain image dumps. Images posted to the gallery must not be animated GIF images, either. Any violations of this will result in that content being deleted with no notice.
Regarding your content submissions, you agree that you will NOT submit any media content or post anywhere on the site that:
- Depicts (or appears to depict) a cartoon/drawn/sketch/pseudo-photograph of a minor (under 18, fictional characters or not), in sexual situations or nude, as this counts as Child Pornography (by Law).
- Depicts (or appears to depict) a real life minor, in any way, shape, or form (pornographic or not) even if that person is a public figure. A roleplay character is not a valid exception.
- Depicts (or appears to depict) real people, regardless of age, in a sexual situation or nude, regardless of whether the picture is of yourself.
- Depicts (or appears to depict) a person who is deceased (dead), and in a sexual situation or nude, cartoon, real, or otherwise.
- Depicts (or appears to depict) excessively violent acts, sexual or otherwise against real life people or animals. Cartoon violence is accepted as long as it doesn't violate any of the other points, such as excessive gore.
Depicts (or appears to depict) a person having sex with an animal (bestiality), cartoon, real, or otherwise.
- This is not including furrys, anthromorphs (anthro), or monsters, unless the furry/anthro/monster is depicted or appearing to be depicted having sex with an animal.
- Infringes any trademark, copyright, or any other proprietary rights of any party, especially if it's stated in the posted image. Example: if work has "DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE" on it, it's not allowed. Unless it's yours, of course. If it is yours. please state in the description of the picture that you, the copyright holder, authorise EcchiDreams to host this image as yours, and make use of the copyright field.
- Any kind of QRCode, Datamatrix, Barcode, or other such thing, that contains anything that violates any Section of the Terms of Service.
- Are illegal or in violation of any United Kingdom, United States, or other local laws.
- Nudity: Not wearing clothing, or sensitive areas (female nipples and/or male or female genitalia) being visible through or around any clothing being worn.
- Sexual Situation: A character is considered as being in a "sexual situation" if they are clearly having sexual intercourse or are exposed to it in some way either directly or indirectly, or that there is some kind of sexual activity being performed.
A Minor: Someone who is under 18 years of age (i.e.; is not an adult).
- Please keep in mind that a 1000 year-old woman who looks like a child still appears to depict a minor and a character who is canonically underage but is "aged up" in the image is still treated as a minor, neither of which are permissible under the Terms of Service.
- This would mean that you also can’t use a picture that is of a sexual nature, or has any nudity in it for a character who is under the age of 18, as per your character profile.
Regarding your content submissions, you affirm that:
- You have the necessary licences, rights, and permissions to use your content submission in the manner intended by EcchiDreams Terms of Service.
- If you're posting up a person in a private album, you have written consent and release of each identifiable person to use their name and/or likeness in your submission, to enable the use of your content in the manner intended by EcchiDreams, and these Terms of Service.
- You retain all of your ownership rights to your content submissions. You grant permission for the owners of EcchiDreams to use and publish your content submissions in any media formats and through any media channels, including social media channels as we see fit.
- You grant each Dreamer, visitor, or Staff of EcchiDreams a non-exclusive licence to access and share your content submissions, as permitted under these Terms of Service, for as long as such content is hosted by EcchiDreams.
- EcchiDreams reserves the right to remove Dreamer-submitted content without prior notice and for any reason, including excessive bandwidth usage or to preserve server hard drive space.
- While the Staff of EcchiDreams will attempt to remove objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review all comments and submitted material. Therefore, you acknowledge that all content expresses the views and opinions of the Dreamer and not EcchiDreams, and hence we will not be held liable.
- EcchiDreams reserves the right to block Dreamers or websites from accessing our gallery, without prior notice, and for any reason.
- You agree to indemnify and hold EcchiDreams harmless from any liability, claims, damages and expenses, including attorney, solicitor, court and lawyer fees, made by any third party due to, or arising from, your use of EcchiDreams.
All transactions on EcchiDreams are restricted to EcchiCredit transactions only. Content posted on any part of this site such as, but not limited to; commissions on art (such as drawn, written, or other creative/design content) donation services, and cryptocurrency, are not allowed on this site. We simply do not have the resources to deal with commercial (real money) transactions, and this is a non-commercial, non-profit website. The restrictions are as follows:
If you offer paid (real money) commissions, then under Section 14 of these Terms of Service you must not:
- List the price on this site.
- Link to a site that is used for commercial reasons (GoFundMe, Patreon, etc).
- You can link to a site that showcases your work and have whatever links you want on your own site, this would be considered an off-site transaction and not under our jurisdiction.
- You must not conduct your (real money) business here, on any part of the EcchiDreams community.
- EcchiDreams is not responsible for any transaction towards commissions on this site, or any other site for that matter.
- If you were mis-sold something and you paid real money for it, that was arranged through this site, then this is your fault and you were warned, and thus EcchiDreams is completely free from liability.
- We are not responsible for cryptocurrency transactions, and we do not allow them on this site at this time.
- If you want to conduct EcchiCredit business here, you're free to do so.
- You may not link to anything that violates linking rules stated in the Terms of Service (Illegal Content, Viruses/Malware, Warez, etc)
If you were mis-sold something, and you paid EcchiCredits for it, you can raise a dispute with any of the Senior Staff, up to 14 days after the transaction. This only applies to transactions done on the EcchiDreams website.
- Remember it's the account holder's responsibility for EcchiCredits, and all sales unless mis-sold are final.
- Under no circumstances are Art pieces, Creative Writings or Character ID's to be sold for real money on this site.
If a topic or post is made in the creative corner it must have the content within it, otherwise it'll be removed.
- Adverts in the Creative Corner passed off as content will be removed. This is not a free speech violation, this is simply removing spam.
Any other activity that is disruptive to the flow of conversation and normal activities of the board may be moved to a new topic, with or without the permission of the person who posted it, with or without warning.
EcchiCredits is a system on EcchiDreams that allows members to collect a fictional currency only useful on this site, as a record of contribution. It allows members to obtain premium membership, and hopefully more uses in the future.
EcchiCredits are NOT redeemable for any amount of cash/physical items. If an account is caught selling or trading EcchiCredits, the account will have its assets removed and a cut will be given to the reporter(s) as a bounty; your account may also be banned.
Nothing bought for EcchiCredits is worth any money outside EcchiDreams. EcchiCredits cannot be used to grant you special abilities on the forums other than what is stated. (i.e., you can't swap a billion EcchiCredits for Administrative access
Abuse Towards Staff Members
Abuse towards any staff member(s), will not be tolerated. Our staff should have the right to work and help people in a healthy environment; considering they’re not getting paid to do so, they shouldn't have to put up with being abused.
If you have a problem with a member of staff and feel they've done something which violates the Terms of Service, talk to them about it in EcchiTexts or take it up as a complaint with any other staff member, it doesn't matter if that staff member in question is the Community Administrator, you can report rule breaking behaviour and lodge complaints with all staff.
Unverified and Inactive Accounts
Unverified accounts (accounts that have not been activated through email) will be removed automatically after seven (7) days. Accounts with at least one (1) post will not be removed after any number of days, and are permanent.
If you wish to no longer use EcchiDreams or disagree with future changes to the Terms of Service, you may cancel your membership at any time without having to contact us by going to your account settings and pressing "Deactivate Account". Please understand that there is a difference between account deletion, and account deactivation and you will be restricted as to which one you're able to do depending on certain criteria. There is also a security check where you will be asked to present your password before proceeding.
If your account has a content count (Dream Count) of Zero (0) and you are still in the 'Virgin Dreamers' group, you may permanently delete your account. Before proceeding with your request please be sure you have read and fully understand what your account deletion request will and will not entail:
- After submitting your account deletion request, staff will review your request to make sure it is eligible for deletion under Section 21 of the Terms of Service. You will have 14 days to login and cancel it.
- Deleting your account is permanent. Once your account is deleted, it is gone for good. You will never be able to recover the account after it is deleted.
- Under Section 9 of the Terms of Service: Once, after 14 days and your account is deleted you are allowed to re-register again should you want to come back.
- Deleting your account will not remove any EcchiTexts you have sent.
- Deleting your account will not remove any existing references to your display name in EcchiTexts you have made or EcchiTexts in which other Dreamers have quoted you.
- Deleting your account will automatically clear your profile photo.
- Deleting your account will completely remove your profile and all information associated with it.
You can deactivate your account with us at any time, no matter what group you are in (with exception to the Banned and Staff Dreamer groups). Before proceeding with your request please be sure you have read and fully understand what your account deactivation request will and will not entail:
- Once your account has been deactivated, you will no longer be able to utilise it in any way. Attempting to login to the account after deactivation will redirect you to an error page. In order to make use of your account again, you will have to submit a request to have it reinstated.
- Deactivating your account will not remove any posts or other content submissions you have made.
- Deactivating your account will not remove any existing references to your display name in posts you have made or posts in which other members have quoted you.
- Deactivating your account will not automatically clear your profile photo and signature. Please do this before submitting your request if you want to have these removed.
- Deactivating your account will render your profile inaccessible to others and prevent other members from attempting to send you EcchiTexts.
- Under Section 9 of the Terms of Service: You may not register for another account, if you wish to come back you must re-activate your existing account.
Leave of Absence
If you feel like you may return to EcchiDreams at a later date (within 180 days), or definitely have the intention to do so, we also offer a Leave of Absence option which we would advise using instead, as well as the ability to disable most notifications that you may receive from EcchiDreams to your email address (i.e. disabling EcchiTexts and so on). For more information on Leave of Absence, click here.
Violations of the Terms of Service
Violation of any of the above rules may result in action being taken upon your account (this could be anything from a warning, to temporary or even permanent suspension of your forum account). Messages and topics may be removed at any time for any reason, and is at the sole discretion of EcchiDreams and its staff. All determinations of what is "acceptable" and "unacceptable" content will be determined solely by EcchiDreams and its administration, based on these ToS. You agree to these Terms of Service whether you've read them or not, as long as you've registered to the site and/or are using our services, you agree that the decision of the moderators and administrators is final, and you may not legally contest their rulings.
In the extremely rare event that we've made a mistake, and you believe we are in error with a ruling, that you can point to the Terms of Service and state your case with, you can file an infraction appeal, here within 14 days of the warning being issued; though please note that this doesn't apply to Section 8 Violations, of which there is no chance of appeal. Ignorance of the Terms of Service is not a valid excuse as its effect on your relationship with us is not contingent on whether or not you've read them.