What do you guys think Link's speech patterns are like?

I dunno if this belongs in the gaming section or here, since I'm specifically asking because I'm interested in a Legend of Zelda RP, and I don't know that I'll be able to make it interesting for the other player if my character is completely mute.

We know that he isn't- He talks to people all the time, we just don't see it onscreen; we only get their reactions. So I'm just wondering what kind of vocabulary he'd have, what his speaking voice would sound like.

I know this would most likely be different from game to game, so I'll make it clear that I'm basing most of my RPs on Twilight Princess, and going for an original "game" idea for one of them.

So, The Hero of Twilight...

I've heard a lot of people like to give him a bit of twang since he grew up as a farmer/herder in that game, but I can't see him saying things like "I ain't gonna let this happen."
But I'm pretty sure the other villagers he grew up with don't sound like that either.
In fact, I think he may have grown up with very introspective and genteel people. The first line of the game is one of the villagers who's closer to Link sort of waxing poetic to him, thinking out loud.

"Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls? 
They say it's the only time when our world intersects with theirs… The only time we can feel the lingering regrets of spirits who have left our world."

I can believe that Link could have grown to be well-spoken, but pensive, contemplative.

This Link also especially strikes me as someone who keeps things very short.
Nods, one word answers if he can manage it.

What do you guys think? Anything you wanna add on?

Archived