- Memorable Online Tales -

Welcome to this little thread starter! 
I’ve decided to make this because I have nothing going on. Yet that got me thinking... I have some pretty silly stories to tell when it comes to my online experiences. Specifically in games. Like Dark Souls, Splatoon, Pokemon Showdown, Minecraft, Smash Bros, or any game that has some kind of PVP or online features in it. Clearly I’m more of a Nintendo guy, but any other platform discussion is perfectly fine, Playstation, Xbox, PC. All I wanna hear are funny little tales you have for online games, because I have quite a few! 

I’ll start with a game I’ve been practically addicted to, Doom Eternal. I love this game so much, I could honestly play it for hours and hardly get sick of it. In my opinion it’s one of the best shooters I’ve ever played, I mainly play the campaign as well as it’s DLCs. Yet just last night was when I tried out the battle mode, and that’s when I got inspired to make this little thread. 

For a basic review of the online, which is what battle mode is. You basically either play as the run n’ gun Slayer, the guy you play as during the main campaign. Or you play as a demon, which you kill during the main campaign. I got a match where I was the Slayer, and that’s my preferred way to play online. I’m sure you know what the objective is, but it’s to either kill the Slayer as a demon, or kill the two player demons as the Slayer. And I was quite nervous when starting the match because I don’t play the battle mode much. 

That is, until I began fighting these two sillies. One of them was a Revenant, and the other a Pain Elemental. This will go on forever if I explain them so I’ll just leave it at that, but anyways. I begin going after them while fighting NPC enemies, and I manage to defeat the player Revenant quite easily. The Pain Elemental continues to hide around walls whenever I got close. it only takes a little bit of time to respawn as a demon, so after a few seconds, I killed the Revenant again. I saw that we were going for at least five minutes, so I got a confidence boost. Still, the Pain Elemental hides from me, and I’m not kidding when I say this... But we all fought for fifteen minutes straight, with me repeatedly defeating that poor Revenant and it was just the same thing over and over and over again. Until eventually my game was disconnected! I don’t know who pulled the plug, but I gotta say, that was one of the best things I’ve ever done in Doom. 
So... What’s your tale? 

Archived