Tabletop roleplaying

I'm currently playing in my friend's D&D 5e game and playing a solo RPG called Apothecaria which is quite engaging.

I'm running a Cortex Prime multiverse style game in a homemade setting I've been running since the 90's. This is the third iteration of the multiverse, and I'm able to bring some of the previous characters back as NPCs and every now and again with a guest player coming back for a couple sessions to reprise their character from a previous version of the multiverse. It's a lot of fun. 

I'm also running a (planned) 5-shot that just started yesterday. It's a sci-fi/fantasy heist/rescue adventure using Cortex set in a future world based on fairy tales, folklore, and urban legends. Each of the PCs is a version of a character from a fairy tale or folklore who were called together to perform a job - steal Christmas back from the evil forces who've corrupted it. I've built in almost every Christmas folklore character I could find as potential allies or enemies - the reindeer, Yule Lads, Belsnickel, Mari Lwyd, the Kallikantzaroi, and Père Fouettard, among others, as well as any frozen/ice creatures that sounded promising because I had to get yeti in there somewhere. Santa is Ded Moroz, and the PCs are playing

1. Snegurochka (Ded Moroz's granddaughter, the ice maiden, who brought the group together to rescue her grandfather)
  2. Krampus (her boyfriend, who is only along to prove to Moroz that he should be part of Christmas)
  3. The Big Bad Wolf (an old pal of Krampus' who was brought in for his guile and ferocious fighting skills)
  4. Red Riding Hood (the Wolf's lover, and the last survivor of an order of warrior priestess' known for their beauty, fighting skills, and their hooded red cloaks)
  5. Anansi, the spider trickster that no one remembers inviting.

I'm still trying to decide if there's a big bad who actually stole Christmas or if it's all a setup and Santa faked them out for some reason. I usually wait for one of my paranoid players to come up with some weird reason why it would be a setup and then riff off of that if they lean hard into it. I'm a very improv GM, so the final story usually isn't finalized until a session before or maybe right there at the table. I prepare a few endings, and then let the players guide me toward the one that seems most satisfying for them.

• Love 1