How I find my faceclaims

So... I know it is a bit of a brag to even think that I am better at finding good looking characters than others, but I unfortunately do. Rather than sit on my throne however, I wanna try explaining instead just how I do find usually exactly what I am looking for. Since it is the shorter part, let me point out that I sometimes commission characters. My current absolute favorite is Ekidoki, who has drawn 3 characters for me. If you look through my albums on my profile page, you should be able to find Nolan, Komyo, and Yuel. If this level of quality is something you are looking for, check out their various pages. As of right now, they have the best price to quality ratio in my personal experience, and I have worked with about 5 artists so far, none of which are as affordable and at the same time detailes as Ekki.

But! If you don't wanna spend money, it is probably a lot easier to just look for something online. And yes, you CAN search on google, but there are more refined ways. For that, let me introduce you to 
https://safebooru.org/ and https://gelbooru.com/

Safebooru has only SFW images, Gelbooru has also NSFW images. I'll leave it to you to decide on which one you prefer to look.

Both of those sites use a tag system. Each image has different hair colors, weapons, in short: Various stuff on them. Let's as example think that you just wanna find some smiling girl with blonde hair. The tags for that would be: [smile 1girl solo blonde_hair] without the brackets. The "smile" because you wans a smiling girl in this example. No rocket science here. The "1girl" and "solo" are to make sure only pics are displayed that have just one girl on them, and are of a single character. Without the solo, you might get pics with a male or multiple males on them. No crime in that, but again, you want just one character here. Now as for Blonde_hair, just keep in mind that _ connects words. If you are not sure if what you are looking for is a tag or not, just start typing. There should be suggestions popping up on both sites. After some looking, I found this one as example: 

Spoiler

be435c16d41554da4c0015d532e39dcf79eac785

You can also exclude tags from your search. I as example tend to type in -swimsuit or -school_uniform depending on what I am looking for. 

What else...? I think the rest is simply learning by doing. I will mention though that you can put in "original" as a tag to avoid characters from official media in case you want someone more unique. Also since I can't possibly list all tags, just check the left side of the page once you have put something into the search bar and hit enter. Clicking on the ? will get you to an explanation of what as example zettai_ryouiki is (try looking for that one, I didn't get it without the explanation, and actually like it). And clicking on either the + or - will either add that tag to your search, or remove it from your search. Lastly: Tags in purple list the official media, such as a show or game. Green are characters. Red (or maroon if you wanna be picky) are artists. And blue are general tags. 

Hope it helps and have a nice day.

Archived