The Kingdom of Star Olympia Lore and Basic Overview

THE KINGDOM OF STAR OLYMPIA:

Welcome to a world with ancient origins and modern conveniences. It is said that many Star Olympians are descended from the ancient Greek gods themselves. And those who believe such claims are often scouring the realm for the ancient artifacts that will grant them the powers of the gods. Although some already possess great strength and powers and these special few seek the artifacts to enhance these abilities. Some just want them for wealth and personal gain and others want to rule. Even people from other planets have come to seek out these treasures and to share their own lore. Although these days, there aren’t many foreigners as Star Olympia has recently closed its borders. 

Most inhabitants of Star Olympia live normal, everyday lives. The culture in Star Olympia is unique in that romantic relationships often have far more serious implications than they do on other planets. Marriages are common and highly regarded. It’s not unusual for them to be arranged. Here, the right mate can grant you special powers and privileges especially if your union is blessed by Aphrodite. Although that is not to say casual hook ups and loose alliances are not prevalent. Although if you are not united (through marriage, contract, or some other type of strong bond; like a very close friendship Or familial bond) with anyone certain mythical objects will not be able to be wielded. That has no bearing on day to day life though. 

In Star Olympia you'll find a thriving metropolis, with a city carved from the otherwise mountainous regions. People still use cars, although most people travel in the hyperloop tubes. A futuristic transportation network that is closely modeled after the subway station. They are found all over Star Olympia. Everything is very much like Star Olympia’s ancestral home: Earth. The inhabitants have adapted and merged with the humanoids they found here. The population is so mixed that there hardly is a person who is fully human or fully Star Olympian. 

Star Olympia is currently ruled by a dueling twin brother and sister. There is tension building as people take sides over who they believe should rule their once peaceful planet. Each side is not-so-secretly trying to find the artifacts of old in hopes to have the edge when the final war between factions begins. Whose side will you be on? Or will you form your own faction to take over the kingdom? Will you find love and be granted powers by Aphrodite? 

Enter into the kingdom and find out….

Essentially, as a role player it’s up to you to either side with the Prince, Princess or remain neutral or even start your own uprising (although you’d need to determine how that will pan out with @Harmony Frost). Initially everyone will probably be making stories surrounding their day to day life and perhaps pondering their allegiances given that the kingdom is becoming vastly more dangerous. Star Olympia is much like earth in size and scale although some modern/futuristic conveniences make traveling from one end of the world to the otherwise a lot faster and easier. 

The stories will depend on your character and individual actions and motivations; however, there is an overarching plot so keep that in mind. Eventually there will be events, battles, and such once things are more established. And I’m open to suggestions for these events as well! Although I have some rough outlines of my own. I think it’ll be interesting to see who takes what side and I’ll try to make sure each side has some semblance of balance both power and size wise with exception to the potential uprisings outside of the royal family. I imagine things would be skewed for them. 

Eventually one side will win or perhaps there will be a truce, who knows? But there is an “end” of sorts. 

I’ve already received some pretty good questions about whether the gods, fates and oracles are still around. What kinds of weapons are used/allowed and I thought I might as well put my answers here too! 

1. No the gods are not around or, rather, they may be but they have yet to make themselves known again. I’m still deciding on that but mostly I’m saying no for now.

2. Fates and Oracles are still a thing but it’s more like descendants or something so they’re not as all-knowing or powerful as their predecessors. This is actually mostly true for any other character claiming any relation to the gods and goddesses or titans etc. And it’s what makes the ancient artifacts so sought after because (especially for descendants) powers and abilities are bestowed and amplified. 

3. As for weaponry, modern/futuristic style is okay but, nothing too OP (atomic bombs and most explosive devices wouldn’t even exist here) as this kingdom was a peaceful one for decades, centuries even—and hadn’t need for strong firearms. With exception to the ancient artifacts which are much stronger and capable of great things in proportion to the abilities of the wielder. For example, you can have those little phaser guns from Star Trek, or something as simple as a long sword. This world has blended the ancient with the modern as both are equally important to the culture and society as a whole. 

There are exceptions to every rule and if you want your character to have something special (within reason) then I’m sure it’ll be fine 🙂 Just ask me, @Harmony Frost and explain and I’ll probably say yes lol. I’m not trying to stifle anyone’s creativity and honestly I’m not that familiar with weaponry. I only want to know since there will be battles and it’s helpful to know about people’s weapons. Plus I don’t want people pulling out sonic cannons and blowing away half an army or something 😂 

The ancient artifacts on the other hand…those things are gonna be pretty strong.