Genshin Impact stuffz

So, instead of spamming those statuses, why not have a forum thread about GI, eh? 🙂 For any sort of discussions and such.

Anyway. I also actually kinda need help at the moment! Specifically, with team compositions.

I am HIGHLY FRUSTRATED at this point. I am tired of trying make things work myself, based on wikipedia + various guides, tips and tricks vids, tier lists and other bullshit that all say completely different things. One says this is good, another says that is good, etc...

1. I have many 4-star characters and several 5-star characters. And I don't want to miss out on better character combos of 4-stars if I try to squeeze in 5-star chars into the mix. But testing it all out requires resources... and i don't want to waste them on something that won't be good, no matter how much I try.
  2. I still don't get which way to go is best: a) Melt/Vaporize DMG multiplier; b) Overcharge/Overload/Swirl reactions; c) Full Geo/Phys, with shield and survivability". Because "a" has the potential to deal so much more dmg compared to "b" due to Melt/Vaporize being DMG multipliers that can crit, while those other elemental reactions have flat dmg numbers that are based on character LVL + Elemental Mastery stat and that's it(they can't crit). While "c"... I just love my C6 Ningguang... 🙂 

Now, here's a list of characters that I own at the moment, including their Constellation level, since it actually matters for quite a few of them...

Spoiler

5-Star chars:

• (C1) Jean
  • (C1) Mona
  • (C0) Qiqi
  • (C1) Yoimiya
  • (C2) Raiden Shogun

4-Star chars:

• (C0) Amber
  • (C3) Barbara
  • (C3) Beidou
  • (C0) Bennett
  • (C2) Chongyun
  • (C1) Diona
  • (C2) Fischl
  • (C1) Kaeya
  • ❕(C6) Kujou Sara
  • (C1) Lisa
  • ❕(C6) Ningguang
  • (C3) Noelle
  • (C0) Razor
  • (C0) Rosaria
  • ❕(C6) Sayu
  • ❕(C6) Sucrose
  • ❕(C6) Xiangling
  • (C0) Xingqiu
  • ❕(C6) Xinyan
  • (C3) Yanfei

And I need help with team comps based on those.

My current one that I run is this one... For Geo+Fire resonance:

Ningguang+Yoimiya+Xiangling+Noelle

But that way I feel like I'm loosing out on those 5-stars... And it frustrates me beyond any reason. I previously used this one instead, only Fire resonance and Evaporate combo(Fire+Water):

Yanfei+Yoimiya+Mona+Jean

But this combo doesn't have shields (constant interrupts/stun-locks unless I spam dodge all the time), nor does really stand all too well against anything that suddenly, somehow end up being fire-resistant/immune. While Geo has no issues with any element that would suddenly be thrown my way.

Any help? 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I've got something fun going on for me, which is nice. My current setup for most stuff:

Ningguang(C6)+Yoimiya(C1)+Raiden Shogun(C2)+Noelle(C3)

Spoiler

46ada5d2dbcaa839af9f264057580796.jpg

First off, Ningguang+Noelle give me that Geo Resonance. Which means: 1)+15% shield strength(Noelle's E / Crystallize from both Noelle and Ningguang); 2) When shielded (which is most of the time), I get +15% DMG overall bonus - on any character, even if I switch to Yoimiya/Raiden Shogun; 3) Damaging enemies will decrease Geo res by 20%. And Ningguang deals pure Geo dmg, while Noelle's ult changes her from Physical to Geo.

Next up, here's how I usually do combat:

1. Start with Noelle to shield-up (her E).
  2. Switch to Raiden Shogun to cast E - spread some Electro with the initial explosion an also apply that buff that gives Electro damage on attacks... that stays even when switching to other characters
  3. Switch to Yoimiya and cast her E - to add Pyro into the mix with Yoimiya's own auto-attacks. But I already have Electrom from Raiden Shogun! And Electro+Pyro... Means Overload! \o/ Big bada-booms! At a very fast fire-rate!
  4. Once Yoimiya's Pyro buff ends(10secs), switch to Ningguang to cast her E/auto attacks to drop some Crystallize shards for shields. Since Noelle's shield will die out right about now - either from DMG or from duration.
  5. Back to Step 1.

Furthermore... Here are the synergies between these characters:

• Raiden Shogun's E always gives Electro dmg to any character. As such, Ningguang is capable of creating crystalize shards infinitely with her auto-attacks. Same as Noelle under her Ult.
  • Yoimiya's Ult casts a "mark" on an enemy. If other character damages said enemy, they get a Pyro dmg explosion aoe on their location. Which results in Pyro status on that enemy. Pyro status + geo = crystallize. Now also add Raiden Shogun's Electro... And there we go, Overload reaction again, WITHOUT Yoimiya directly being active on the battlefield and auto-attacking under her E. AND IF THAT WASN'T ALREADY ENOUGH... Very often (but not always), that enemy under mark, when damaged by Ninnguang with Raiden Shogun's E... Will drop BOTH Pyro and Electro Crystallize shield shards in one hit. Two shards, not one, yup!
  • Absolutely the same reaction as explained above applies to Noelle when she's using her ult and her claymore attacks switch to Geo instead of Physical. So yeah... Lots of Crystallize and shielding for that Geo Resosnance bonus.
  • While this team hardly ever needs a healer in regular content (overworld, quests), sometimes in dungeons, shields do get destroyed... In that case, Noelle can act as an emergency healer. Cast E+Ult and spin-to-win. Everyone will be healed up in no time.
  • Ninnguang's wall from her E gives Geo damage bonus. So after casting the wall, one can switch to Noelle, cast her Ult to swith to Geo instead of Physical and run through the wall for extra damage bonus on that Ult while it lasts! Juicy numbers...
  • Oh and thanks to the fact that there are 2 Geo characters in the team, Noelle/Ninnguang contribute to each other's energy gain faster than to heroes of other elements. So by using Ninnguang's wall (E), I very easily charge up Noelle's Ult very fast!

To top it all off, I've got The Unforged for Noelle. Which: 1) Increases her shield strength by 20% - both E and from crystallize reactions when she's under ult; 2) Each hit on opponent increases her attack. And when the effect is doubled when shielded, which is most of the time anyway! And another fun fact about Noelle. While her shield strength from E scales off her DEF stat, her Ult gives her ATK based ALSO OFF HER DEF! \o/ I only wish I had C6 Noelle too, to even further increase the DEF>to>ATK conversion rate of her ult... Ehh. Oh well!

And also I've got Engulfing Lightning for Raiden Shogun... You see, she already has a fun passive: Every 1% above 100% Energy Recharge stat gives her +0.6% greater energy restoration from her E (so faster ult charge up), but ALSO +0.4% Electro DMG bonus. Even when she's not on the field and only her E is passively up to provide that electro damage buff to other characters. Now, looking Engulfing Lightning - that's just a perfect weapon for Raiden Shogun. Not only it provides Energy Recharge stat, but ALSO has has it's own ATK bonus based on the same Energy Recharge stat! +28% of ER over the base 100%, for a max of up to 80% ATK. And when she uses her E... She gains a 12sec buff for 30% more Energy Recharge xD So just more and more and more stacking of Energy recharge!

Still need to farm a few better artifacts for Raiden Shogun tho... Plus actually level the stuff up quite a lot. Not enough resin per day :C

Anyway, the summary is... This team composition results in constant shielding, bonus dmg while under shields, lots of damage and CC/Knockback from Overload reaction. And also, flexibility against various elements, since Geo has no issues with Electro/Pyro - cases when Yoimiya/Raiden Shogun's damage would be ignored due to immunity (fire/electro slimes, shielded enemies, etc). So all four characters are capable of good DPS, while being shielded, without a need for a "designated healer" who lacks in damage or other useful functionality department (like Barbara, for example).

• 3 months later...

If you still want some help on this topic I can help you out a bit. I have played this game a lot and I would say that I have a fair understanding of how it works. ^^

You do not necessarily need five star characters to beat the current end game content. 
There are a lot of 4 stars like: Bennet, Fischl, etc. who are making things way easier. 
However that doesn’t mean that you have to build them.^^

Edit: C2 Baal and C1 Yoimiya is poggers. Happy you got that many ^^

Archived