Demolition and Remodeling

After Lucky had left the meeting, he makes his way straight for the engineering. He groans and grumbles at the thought of what junk the previous engineers were using on the ship and what he can tear apart and use to make better items. His mood did soften a little when he thought back to all the hotties he saw at the meetings. He felt lucky that he was part of a team of hot babes to entertain his imagination.

Getting to the large room. He observes the area. The engineering had a large amount of space for designs and inventions. It also had vent size corridors that would launch him to key parts of the ship for his profession: the engine, workshop, the docks, the computers core systems. At least the organization of room placement was alright. Everything else was… shit. He looked at a lot of the tools and heavy machinery and he couldn’t help but yell and curse at it all.

He finally calms down and slides his lucky goggles over his eyes and grabs his lucky hammer, ready to start smashing much of the machinery as well as refit some of the room. Before he started though, he had to pull out the music player in his pocket. “We need some montage music.” He scrolled through his playlist until he found his one for demolition. He set it to max volume and it started playing “Paint it Black” by The Rolling Stones.

Among the clutter of gizmos, doodads, and other superfluous junk, there was a line of sealed racks resting just about against the wall. Evidently, other stuff had piled up in front of it for quite some time, as they looked like they must've been left untouched since not long after the damn ship launched in the first place. There were a number of spherical-ish metal constructs covered over in sensors and sampling instruments, atmospheric casings likely made for said spheroids, and most interestingly, a larger rack with replacement parts for some of the workshop machines. Just to its right was a sealed pod stood vertically with clamps attaching it to the floor.

Upon closer inspection, Lucky could see that through the anti-dust seal and clear plastic, there was a whole humanoid figure in there. Obviously, the setup wasn't a cryopod. No exterior hose connections, and also who in their right mind would put a pod in the engineering sector? The figure inside had her eyes open, although they were dead and expressionless, little more than a thousand yard stare. A decal over the top right of the front side read "CSKT-CRA-4". A number of empty interface ports lined the side.

• Like 1

Lucky had moved around a great amount of junk before finally getting to the corner with the huge pile. Fortunately, he did a lot of weight lifting in the gym to help him be able to do heavy lifting. He was able to move the stuff with ease. He was somewhat surprised at his discovery of the box with the humanoid female inside. He checks out the label then just chuckles as he shakes his head. “Well… guess we better unwrap and unbox this Barbie doll, eh?”

He was quick to remove the seal and plastic then start opening the box. He pulls the figure out of the box and looks it over for a moment then thinks to himself. “I heard about you. No doubt your creator built you after some anime waifu figure he had in his basement… alright… time to wake up Barbie.” He presses the some buttons in a specific order on the back of her neck then takes a few steps back and waits.

A low whirr started up somewhere in the thing's internals, followed by the ethereal whine of actuators re-calibrating themselves. A small square of the polymer skin of her cheek lit up with text.

• Chassis Condition Diagnostic : Good. (Damage/Degradation classed N/MIN)
  • Rebooting from Deep Sleep...
  • No external media detected. Booting from internal drive.
  • Checking integrity (C:) : Good.
  • Checking integrity (L:) : Good.
  • Checking integrity (M:) : Good.
  • Checking integrity (N:) : Good.
  • Resuming routine loop at Step 0
  • Handshake for link at id: SFCORE_22
  • Connected to Ship Database.
  • Entering stable operation mode.

There was a loud clack, then the machine began to move. First, she steadied herself, then took a brief moment to scan over the room, her eyes beginning to move for the first time. Eventually, they settle on Lucky, making the kind of firm, uncanny eye contact that was natural for most Androids. "Greetings, Mr. Pierce. Is everything ok? I'm reading damages to multiple machines on the Engineering Deck."

• Like 1

He has a smile for a moment that she was at least starting up properly before shaking his head at her title for him. “Override title of Mr. Pierce. Assign new designation as Lucky. Everything is fine with the machines. I have torn many of them apart because they are unfit to filling out their utmost objectives. I am tearing them apart and repurposing them to much better suit everyone’s needs. Current protocol: seek out Captain…” Shit. He had a bit of trouble remembering his name. “Captain Draven so he may give you assignments. Secondary protocol: self diagnose yourself of any possible fixes you might need and return here for any necessary recalibration you need after you are relieved of duty. Protocols confirmed?”

"Of course. I'll use 'Lucky' from now on, but be aware that under some circumstances I may be required to use your legal name instead." She bobbed her head in a curt but reverent nod. "I'll meet with the captain at his earliest convenience. I'll be cross-referencing my precept listings with those on the Ship's database in the background meanwhile. Just as a reminder, it's more beneficial for me if you attempt to use natural speech when communicating with me. My original recognition and parsing packages were selected from top-of-the-line models developed in-house for Starfinder's Research and Development goals, and while already impressive, can only become better the more I'm exposed to human speech." After what was more or less an ad-read, she bowed her head and began to walk to the door, presumably on her way to the bridge. "Best of luck with the machinery."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He lets out a long sigh and smirks. For a brief second before scowling. “Yeah yeah. If you use anything other than Lucky, I’ll treat it as getting spam email from you. I’ll talk to you the same as everyone else. Whoever designed you might have had a smidge of an idea of what they were doing. Now get going, Barbie.” He motions his hand in shooing fashion and gets back to his work on the facility.

A few more minutes in, he thinks it might have been more than enough time for the captain to finish his ramblings with everyone else. It was probably time for him and the doctor to do checkups. He goes over to the intercom and starts up the speakers. “Good morning, Vietnam. This is to all the crew members who are mechanical, biomechanical, or have cybernetic augmentations. Get your asses over to engineering so I can make sure the cold or lack of maintenance has not done you any damage and maybe even possibly get you updated and upgraded. That includes you, Tamagotchi. Lucky, over and out.” The speakers then go silent.

Edited by BanditKing