When The Dead Walks (pH_Scale & MIroque)

@MIroque

It had been months since the Outbreak occurred. The ensuing chaos allowed Ingrid to escape the mental ward she was institutionalized in after her... tirade in that bar. The initial days were spent evading the muderous undead horde in the city but Ingrid was smart to head into the woods and lucky that she found an unused wooden cabin to use as a hideout. The cabin had no food supplies though and pretty scarce water supply. Fortunately, it had tools which Ingrid could use to hunt and gather.

For months she lived like that, in complete isolation with only the woodland critters as company. She hasn't even encountered any wandering zombies in her stay there, probably because the woods were scarce of their main source of food. Regardless, the isolated cabin was her home for now. Whatever she felt about it, it was safe.

That is until one day, Ingrid heard footsteps. The sound of rustling and crunching leaves that indicated someone was stepping on them. She looked through the window and saw a person, shambling towards her cabin. They wore a hoodie sweater that concealed their head and a pair of baggy jeans and a pair of sneakers. He had a sizable backpack behind him and two useful tools hanging on the bag: A crowbar and a sledgehammer. Their stumbling gait indicated they might be a zombie, but they looked more like a heavily wounded person.

The unknown stranger continued to make their way to the cabin until they collapsed right in front of the cabin door. Should Ingrid take the risk and investigate?

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

mirrorselfie.jpg

As she hear'd the sounds and noticed the stranger, Ingrid instantly toke her trusty baseball bat and when to investigate it was alone. If there was one, there were more, she had learned when she escaped from the city. Noone turned to those alone. Sure, she could have taken the hunting rifle or the shotgun that were on the cabin, but she didint know how to aim with neighter and even she'd been here for few months now, she was not going to start practicing with loud gunfire. It would only draw more of the dead.

Ingrid exited the cabin from an panel on the backroom ceiling, it had been used to realign the sun panels on the roof. From her vantage point, she could easily see if there were any shamblers around the building, before going closer to the one she knew was there. 

After few minutes of intense scouting, she went down again as she was sure it was alone. Ingrid walked toward it, from the legside, and if that this was of the dead, she would have easier way bashing its head in. if it was wounded survivor, maybe she could help it.  As she reqached the stranger, she quickly tapped its leg with her bat. It was good whack, to leave an bruise but not to cause fractures. Better safe than sorry. 

"Your alive or dead?" she whispered.

Edited by MIroque

@MIroque

"Argh!"

The voice was male and the hooded man jerked to move his hands on the struck limb. "W-Why? Would you... do that?" He muttered before passing out. It seemed he was alive after all.

However, there was a reason he was stumbling towards the cabin and that reason soon showed itself. Ingrid heard the moans of the living dead, it grew closer and closer. The man was probably escaping a group of zombies but had still successfully followed him, some of them were even emerging from the woods now. The undead began to converge on the cabin, shambling towards Ingrid and the unconscious man. They have smelled blood in the metaphorical water.

Hauling the unconscious man into the cabin would be of no problem for Ingrid. However, he could be bitten and infected, transforming into a ravenous zombie in mere moments. Or he could just be injured or even not at all, simply exhausted from running from the horde. Ingrid needed to make a decision.

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

"Get up... lets get inside.. and then check your wounds." Ingrid knew enough, not to let the man bite her, nor let the shambling walkers get near her as she helped the man inside. She grinned, as the man was out cold. 

As she dragged the man inside, she barred the door and quickly bind the guys hands behind his back with hunting rope.

As the dead were probably smelling the blood, she forced herself to piss on bucket and used her piss to flush the blood of the porch, if there was time for it.

If there were time for ' cleaning' the blood, she then toke her knife and shredded the guys clothes, making him nude, so he could not hide any bitemarks if there were any, as she went to cheking his wounds, quietly, so the shambling dead would not hear that there was something inside the building.

@MIroque

Ingrid had enough time to bring the unconscious man back inside but alas, not enough to clean the stains. The zombies began to crowd around the cabin, their moans and wails filling the air. The doors and windows were barred and secured but it was only a matter of time before the horde broke through them. Ingrid would need to find a way to---

* CRACKLE *

* POP POP POP *

Firecrackers explode and fill the air with its loud noises. They were lit somewhere in the forest and their crackling and popping attracted the zombies away from the cabin. Soon, the last of the zombies were well away from the cabin. Once the commotion ended, Ingrid would hear someone knocking on her barred door. Probably not undead since they preferred barging in without permission.

Once Ingrid approached the door, she would see in the peekhole a man in a white hoodie jacket and a pair of jeans. His skin was pretty pale but he had deep blue eyes and black hair. Behind him was a backpack with an assault rifle slug on its side. He looked grim, but waited patiently for Ingrid to answer the door.

• Love 1

@MIroque

The man quickly strode inside and saw the injured one on the cabin flloor. "Oh, looks like I'm not the only visitor here." His voice was low and tired.

Ingrid and the newcomer quickly took off the wounded's clothes and what they found was nothing short of horrific. He was covered in scratches and bites, likely from the zombies he was fleeing from. The newcomer guy sighed in sadness, but there was little to be done. He took the sledgehammer from the injured guy's backpack and brought it over his head. Animalistic growls were already coming from the wounded man, he was turning into a zombie and nothing less than death would save him.

"You don't have to look if you don't want to." The newcomer said to Ingrid. Regardless if she did so or not, he would bring down the sledgehammer on the newly-zombified man and splattered blood and brain matter on the cabin's floor. "Err, sorry about your floor." The newcomer apologized.

He dropped the sledgehammer and fell down to sit on a corner of Ingrid's cabin. "So uhh, got a name? Mine's Clive."

Edited by pH_Scale
  • Love 1

@pH_Scale

Ingrid tried to look away, knowing what was about to happen when the guy pulled out an hammer.

"Ingrid.. and dont worry about the floor.  But we need to take the smell of blood out and I do not have salt.. We also need to bury this poor guy."

Ingrid went into another room and got back with roll of blue construction tarp. "lets roll him into this, and carry him to to the woods." 

In mindseye, she knew it was grouse but if they did nothing, maggots and other vermin would be drawn here. As she laid the tarp on the floor, she looked at Clive. "Do you have any news... is this... like everywhere? or is there somekind of safehavens anywhere... military bases.. anything ?" 

@MIroque

On 04/10/2020 at 20:31, MIroque said:

"Ingrid.. and dont worry about the floor.  But we need to take the smell of blood out and I do not have salt.. We also need to bury this poor guy."

"Don't bother." The gruff man told Ingrid. "The firecrackers I threw's already gone. They'll be here at any moment." Clive revealed. "Best that you pack up all you need and say goodbye to this place."

He got up from his momentary respite and began checking the windows to see if there were any zombies returning. So far, there were none but he knew it was only a matter of time. "Put the tarp down and grab what you need. Food, water, clothes, mementos." Clive then began exploring the wooden cabin.

On 04/10/2020 at 20:31, MIroque said:

"Do you have any news... is this... like everywhere? or is there somekind of safehavens anywhere... military bases.. anything ?" 

"Yep, it's like this everywhere. Maybe the entire world even." Clive continued to admire the wooden cabin. "As for safe havens... well, they're safe but they're not exactly havens. Some places are holds for gangs of raiders and other ne'er-do-wells. I don't recommend going to those places, especially as a girl." He let the implications fall on Ingrid before answering the last question. "As for military bases, those that I visited were empty and looted. Lots of people had the same idea, get inside the base and take all the food and the cool stuff. I doubt they actually know how to use the 'cool stuff'..."

"Nice cabin you have here, Ingrid." Clive remarked. "How long have you been here? Probably a long time now since you asked me for news. Shame you gotta leave it. It's all thank to this guy." He kicked the headless corpse once. "I ran into him when I was looting. He thought I was gonna kill him and ran away scared, getting the attention of all the dead in the vicinity."

"I followed 'cause I actually wanted to help him. So much for that now."

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

Ingrid's heart sunk. 

"Gotcha.. Iwe been here.. hmm... few months now? I used to have electricity aswell, but tree crashed on the solarpanel two weeks ago. Mmmkay, il grab what I need."

As Clive started to look around, she pointed toward the cabin. "there is riffle and shotgun and some ammunition.. but Im not very good shot. There are axe, machete type thingy and pitchfork plus my baseball bat.. for bashing... ton of caned food and two packs of water purification pills.. plus all kind of woodsman gear.. take anything you want.. but I think we should exit from the roof, we could trap quite an number inside.. just put the radio on, and leave the door open... what do you think?"

She tried to sound matter-of-factly, even she was scared as hell, forced to leave the cabin. Ingrid toke her full backpack and atached two additional knifes to it and toke slingbag full of canned food. lastly she placed forrester hat on her head and pulled too large parkajacket on. Jacket had belong to someone five to ten inches taller, but it was durable.

"I think im ready.. where to? I meen, do you have map or something?"

Edited by MIroque

@MIroque

When Ingrid pointed out the supplies on her cabin, Clive began helping himself to them. He took the rifle and the ammunition as well as the axe. It was for chopping wood but right now, it will have a lot of other uses. He also stuffed the cans of food on his backpack. As much as he would love to take everything in this cabin, there was simply no room on him. Well, there was but then he would be encumbered and that was something you don't want in a zombie apocalypse.

Ingrid told him that they could trap some zombies as they leave. Clive shook his head. "Don't. We'll just be wasting our time and energy." He got himself ready as well to move out. There was also the backpack the dead guy had. Clive wondered what was inside. He had a crowbar and a sledgehammer on him but within the bag were supplies. Canned food and water bottles and... a white disc? Clive was puzzled at what he found and held it up for Ingrid to see as well. It was a plain white CD inside a case. Nothing was written on it so the only way to gleam its contents was to find something to play it.

"That's weird." Clive said. "Well, not the CD, but it's among a backpack full of nothing but supplies." He felt that it was something important was inside but without anything to play it, it would remain a mystery for now.

On 06/10/2020 at 05:18, MIroque said:

"I think im ready.. where to? I meen, do you have map or something?"

"No, I'm just kinda wandering around. Just surviving." Clive replied. "How about you? Is there any particular place you'd like to visit? Might as well, right? The world's over anyway." He suggested to Ingrid. "I'd also like to find a place where we can play this CD."

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

"Dont know really..Im not from around here.." During her weeks in the cabin, she had gone through the phases allready, and remebering her parents and friends did not bring tears anymore.

"We should seek some place with solar panels. For that CD.. some skyscraper or some such. But they dont have water supply near.. so. Maybe some manned water tower? Good vantage point and extremely easy keep secured from the shamblers. We just cant be running from house to house."

@MIroque

On 09/10/2020 at 00:22, MIroque said:

"We should seek some place with solar panels. For that CD.. some skyscraper or some such. But they dont have water supply near.. so. Maybe some manned water tower? Good vantage point and extremely easy keep secured from the shamblers. We just cant be running from house to house."

"We'll need extremely good luck in order to find any of those things." Clive replied. "But I suppose we should hope for them anyway, it's not like we'll lose anything by doing so." He let out a small chuckle.

"Well, if we're ready then we've got no time to waste." Ingrid and Clive left the cabin just in time for the zombies to return. "Alright, stay close. Follow my lead and don't panic. At least, not very much. The zombies might be slow and quite stupid but you can't underestimate them." Clive whispered to Ingrid as they began moving away from the cabin and the zombies invading it. The duo disappeared into the forest and the world beyond.

---

Clive and Ingrid traveled the woods for several hours now. The man had been mostly silent, too focused on watching out for any danger that might befall them. Suddenly, he raised his hand up to silently tell Ingrid to stop moving before lowering it and lowering himself to a crouch to tell Ingrid to do the same. He motioned at her to look ahead to see what he had seen.

They had found a junkyard, or at least the side of it. A chain-link fence separated it from the forest but the fence could be easily scaled or destroyed. Such a place during the apocalypse could be a trove of useful supplies, but that meant it could also be dangerous due to attracting all sorts of attention. Clive pointed these out, whispering to Ingrid. "We could find a lot of stuff in a junkyard, or stuff that we really don't want. What do you think, Ingrid?"

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

"Dont know what we need, as we dont really have an plan A yet.... Forst we need that...right? Plan A I meen..."

Ingrid watched the junkyard for a moment. 

"Car would be nice..but junkyard... Not best place for an working car.. shelter.. that too.. we need to find safe place to talk what we can do, where we should gomand stuff... Hmm.. locals might have some sort of map thou in the junkyard office, as dobt they, junkers, have some sort of 'areas' marked, who goes to help o. Which roads, and stuff?""

@MIroque

(Uhh, may I ask you to improve your spelling and sentence structure a bit? Having trouble comprehending your post.)

"Alright, you go look for the office and see if you can find anything there. I'll go look around and see if we can use anything in here. Just yell if you need help."

Ingrid and Clive climbed the fenced and inside the junkyard they were. The smell of rust and steel permeated the air but fortunately, the place seem to be devoid of zombies or anything alive. Clive nodded to Ingrid and they split up to different locations in the junkyard.

The junkyard office was found by Ingrid in mere moments, a small building consisting of only a couple of rooms. Some houses were bigger than this office. When she went inside, she would find the place ransacked but mostly intact. Tables were filled with useless papers from back before the apocalypse. The cabinets were opened but only junk could be found inside. But there should be a map around here somewhere, and so Ingrid searched harder.

* CLICK *

Ingrid heard a gun cock behind her. "Put your hands up and don't make any sudden moves."

Looks like this junkyard wasn't empty after all.

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

Breaking and entry was not where she excelled, but shamblers were not known for their detective skills. When the audible click was sound and steady voice, she raised her hands. 

"Please.. sir.. I was just looking for an map.. I was not trying to steal your stuff.. There is shamblers in the woods and this was the first safe place I could find.. May I turn?"

(ooc; I hope my writing is readable, as english is my 5th language \Finnish, Swedish, Sarcasm, Bullshit, English, and after that some italic and Germanic)

• Like 1

@MIroque

"Sure, but only slowly."

Ingrid was allowed to turn around to take a look at her captor. She stared down the barrel of a pistol and the one holding it was a male who had a gray coat over a black shirt and jeans. His head was obscured by a welding mask which he lifted up to take a good look at Ingrid, his face was clean of hair but scarred and had gray blue eyes. "Whoa, not bad. Not bad at all."

He approached Ingrid with a dark chuckle, his gun still pointed at Ingrid. Crouching down, he used his gun to lift up her skirt and reveal her panties. "Hah, nice!" He then ran a hand down her legs, creepily caressing the limb.

@pH_Scale

As the man let her turn, she was quite afraid of what she saw. Guns made her nervous at best of times, but being held on gunpoint was whole new level of shit.

"Please.. sir... I didnt ment to steal anything.. " As th man pulled her skirt up, Ingrid froze and tried to clamp her knees together.

@MIroque

"Not only did you attempt to steal, you also trespassed into our territory." The man said. "Normally, the punishment is death but for you? I guess I can let you have a... lighter punishment."

"Hey Rex, Harris! Look what I found here!" The man yelled and within moments, two other men entered the office and joined Ingrid's captor. They wore similar attire but one of them covered his head with a pair of goggles and a red bandana while the other a pair of shades and a gray bandana. "I found her trying to steal our stuff. Some justice needs to be served, don't you think?" The men approached and surrounded Ingrid.

The two new men went to her sides and grabbed her arms to restrain her. The first man then crouched again to pull down her skirt. With a dark chuckle, he began brushing his fingers on her loins. Her pussy being rubbed through the underwear's fabric. "You like that, babe?"

• Love 1

@pH_Scale

Trying to move away, Ingrid stumbled to one of the tables in the room and found she was trapped between the tree men. 

"Please.. I was not stealing... " 

As one of them pushed his finger inside her skirt, her eyes teared up. "Please.. just let me go... please... " Shaking her head, as the man was rubbing her pussy through the fabric.  

@MIroque

"Oh don't worry, babe. We'll let you go once you've been properly punished."

The man then pulled down Ingrid's panties to expose her crotch. "Nice pussy, babe." He kissed the clitoris before moving to lick the slit. His hands grasped Ingrid's buttocks as his tongue explored her pussy.

Meanwhile, the two men holding Ingrid also got moving. They both gripped her shirt and pulled it up, removing her top and revealing her upper body and bra. "You got some nice tits, girl." They began to grope and squeeze her breasts through the fabric of her bra. "Hey, why don'tcha give me a kiss, babe?" The guy with the bandana pulled his mask down and took off his shades. He grabbed Ingrid's chin and forcefully pulled her into a kiss.

The last guy stimulated Ingrid by caressing and licking her sides.

• Love 1

"Ugh! What the f***?!"

The man recoiled when Ingrid leaked herself with urine. She was smacked to the ground and the three men. "This b**** can't keep it in to save her life. Let's waste her." He aimed his pistol at Ingrid.

* BANG *

The guy fell down dead and Clive busted into the room, shooting the other two men dead. It all happened fast and quick, occurring in probably just a second or two. "Damn it! Ingrid, you okay?" Clive helped the girl up. "Get dressed quickly. There's more of them than these three idiots and we can't take them on. We have to get out of here." Once Ingrid was ready, Clive led her out of the office and ran until they got back to the fence.

They climbed and vaulted of over the chain-link barrier and they ran back to the forest. They would take another route, though, to avoid the zombies. Their adventure has just begun.

---

RP END