I guess those are short stories

Hello there!

I really enjoy writing short stories so this will be where I'll be posting them. They'll mostly be just one post, I think if I decide to write something longer, I'll mark the posts that belong together :). Feel free to let me know what you think and yeah, enjoy reading them :)!

xo

❤️

Edited by Somethingsomething
you'll never know! (:

aliona-jour-house-of-metal.jpg?1489161669

>> I don’t know how I got here.

I must have lost my coat. Somewhere on the way. I don’t know for how long I’ve been wandering around here. If only my head did not feel so dizzy. I’ve lost track of the days that have passed. There had been sun, there had been stars. Then there had been sun again. Then stars again. In the beginning there had been green grass beneath my feet, there had been trees, little rivers. Then the grass had started becoming sparse. The mossy ground had begun to become colder, harder. Rocky. Then there had been snow.

I don’t know if I lost my shoes or if I was sent barefooted. I don’t really remember a lot since they sent me out here. Maybe it were those berries that they had made me eat. Ever since I’ve eaten them I started feeling drowsy. I don’t even remember which way I came from. I want to turn around and go back home, but I don’t know which direction to choose. I never wanted to come here. They forced me to.

It’s what they do, what they do every year. Every year since I can remember. Since I can remember, they have sacrificed young women to the spirits that live up in the mountains. For a mild winter, for a good harvest. Ever since I can remember there had been festivities that day, dance, chatter, children got dressed up in their best clothes, the elder came together and sat around big fires, exchanging stories from the past. I used to sit at their feet as a child, listening to them talking with my eyes big in fascination.

Every year a young woman is chosen. They say it’s an honour to be chosen. The dress that the chosen girl is wearing on her journey is woven by the most skilled tailors there are. It is made of the finest silk there is. They’ll bathe her in milk and honey, they’ll comb her hair until it shines like the silk on her body.

Everything around me looks the same. Snow. Snow as far as I can see. Snow up to my knees. I wonder why I don’t feel the cold. In the far distance, I can see the spirits, they’re waiting for me. I can hear their enchanted voices in my head. They’re out here to get me.

I will try to cross the mountain. Maybe if I keep walking this direction, I’ll find another village at the other side of it. If only my head did not feel so heavy. Maybe if I rest a bit..? I know they’ve sent me here to die, but I will not. I will cross the mountain. I will cross the mountain and will find a new village to live in. If only I wasn't so tired. Maybe if I rested.. just for a bit? <<