Mountains of Etheria

"Is that so?" Damien simply answered, mostly to himself.  After a short pause, he decided to answer the man's question.  "I came here to get stronger.  There are people back where I'm from who ruined my life and tried to kill me, and I intend to take my revenge on them.  I'll do it no matter what it takes," Damien went on, clenching his fists to try preventing his power from running out of control due to his emotions.  He took a deep breath and turned away from the window, making his way towards where he left his things.  "I should probably be going.  I have a long trip to the city," Damien said.  He quickly gathered up his backpack and his weapon and walked towards the door, stopping right before opening it.  "Kresnik.  Damien Kresnik.  That's my name.  If you need something eliminated, try getting in contact with the guild if you need me," Damien said.  With nothing else to add, he opened up the door and stepped outside.  In his mind, he figured it was best he got moving.  In the back of his mind, he recalled what Morgan had told him about living in the present, but he didn't want to admit that he wasn't ready to let the past go.  Instead, he would keep moving forward until the dark parts of his past were finally erased by his own actions.  As he thought these things over, Damien stopped for a moment and turned around, looking at the home he had just left.  "If fate allows it, maybe we'll meet again one day," Damien said before he turned around and continued on his way.  He had a long trip ahead of him towards the Grand Capitol, and his first order of business would be finding a blacksmith who could repair his sword.

• Like 1

"I see. I am not sure you will find the peace and salvation in this path, but fate has a way of revealing itself to you in the most crucial moments. I just hope you will try and consider simply letting things go and move on....as hard as that probably will be for you. In any case, I wish you the best of luck. You are always welcome in my hut, young Damien", the old man speaks as they are about to separate. Once Damien is out of the hut, the door closes shut behind, before tending to the rest of his daily chores around his home. Above the structure, the chimney still emits light smoke from the fire burning inside.

GM: Scene moving to "Craftsmen and market district"