My weird other half accepts me

Living in a town had ups and downs, and the location of said town played hugely into that. But now that he finally settled down properly, Yul was feeling a lot better about his choice. This town called Dali, was charming, really. A big plaza for the market, a harbor which helped trade and hence the town to bloom with financial wealth, and more than enough people to get sick. Yes, that played a favor into his content as well, for he sold medicine. A variety of it too, ranging from potions and elixirs, to aspirin and painkillers. Adventurers were more interested in the former, and those with fewer funds and less of a hurry the latter. 

It was turning dark by the time Yul left the house of one of his clients. The sky was cloudy, and one would have to pay attention to where they stepped on the plastered roads. "Poor fella will be better in no time. Shame. He paid really well~" Yul thought about how much money he made so far thanks to supplying this not so young man with Antibiotics. Quite a lot~ Enough to not worry about for for a month if he was smart. Buuuut even cases like these had to end sometime. People did have to get healthy as quickly as possible, or it would ruin his reputation as a doctor, which he couldn't afford. And so he went through the streets, a fair amount of gold on his mind and in his pocket, going at a relaxed pace... until he had an odd feeling.

"Ah great. I'm gonna get robbed, aren't I? ...Small steps. Please be cute at least. Maybe even a cute litte girl at least." How much trouble could someone half his weight be? "Might as well give us some privacy. Doubt the guards won't escalate this." The back alleys were perfect to have some alone time. If anything, people would just leave their trash here for the collection crew that came early in the morning. And after having gone far enough in to make sure no guard, and no people would notice them, Yul sighed. "Alright. Showtime." And he turned around. No one there? As if. He had a sixth sense for detecting presences, and it wasn't wrong the last few times this happened. "Oh just come out already will ya? I had a long and boring day, and would really like to settle this quickly."

Edited by Mini Magi

Stepping out with a pad of bare feet, a young girl, dirty, hair matted, dressed in rags and tatters emerges from the shadows. Her ember eyes look at him from under long messy blonde bangs. The eyes are cold, emotionless, and match what's in her hand. A kitchen knife. She tilts her head cutely but shares no smile, almost like she was following half a program.
"We could settle this quickly if you just hand me your coin purse. Showtime." She pulls her hood a little higher to cover more of her head. Her last word an odd addition for her statement. She raises her hand with the knife in it, "I don't know how to use this, I don't want to hurt you Poor Fella, nor violate your privacy, but I need your coin please." She takes the hem of her ragged dress and does a curt bow, her face still expressionless. 

Taking a good look at her he found her to be barely over half his height. Her body like that of a child, she possessed effectively no chest and the tatters she wore did no favors to her form. 

9RTxJPP.jpg

Now would you look at that. It really was someone small. "Jackpot~ I expected someone small, but that is just sweet~ Also sad." She was generally very cute looking. A nice color balance with both hair and eye color, and a pair of ears on top of her head, as well as a tail. But she's been through some stuff, and it showed. Then he looked a bit lower, taking a peek at her hand. "Also knife." Kitchen knife or not, that was a pointy piece of metal, no matter how one looked at it. Someone smart would not underestimate that. "And of all people in Dali, I am the lucky one you chose, huh?" Talk about bad luck. 

He sighed. The kid really couldn't catch a break, could she? "I guess I could hand her over to the guards but... Damn, she's just hungry, isn't she?" Food was a basic need, and he knew how maddening it could be to be hungry for a few days. He took a moment to think, then put his hand on the back of his head. "Look. As in, really. Look at my face. Do you have any idea how often some wannabe hero, or drunk idiot, thinks it is a good idea to mess with me? If you go ahead and try to stab me, I'll probably take your knife, hit you, and hand you over to the guards." "Not that I want to. Guards can be brutes." "But if you put your knife down someplace safe, how about I take you home for a meal? No catch, no mean surprises." "Come to think of it..." His thoughts raced, making it difficult to follow them. But gold was involved, and the thought of keeping her. But before any of that, he'd have to see how she reacted.

Edited by Mini Magi

The girl blinked slowly, her face showing no emotion. Her eyes slid from him to his shoes, then the ground. She blinked again, her head tilted before she bowed sweetly her head horizontal with the ground, she threw the knife to the side. "Please take care of me sir. I'm in your care." She walked somewhat closer with a pad of her small feet, this close he could tell just how small shew as compared to him, her petite body was barely developed at all. She looked up into his eyes inquisitively, as if she was reading him. "My name is Elise, I could really use your help." 

Elise's thoughts ran quickly and cleany through her mind as she tried to say the right things to tug at his heart strings. She was truly hungry, her stomach was empty and it had been days since she'd eaten. She needed to eat, hence her desperation. She wasn't exactly a brigand, her begging had only done so much the past few days and she needed more. But this man was willingly offering her a meal, and even if his "Come to think of it" comment gave her hesitancy, she knew that it was a risk she'd have to take. If this weird looking guy tried anything she always had her skills she could rely on to get her out of it. 

She placed her hands behind her back and wagged her tail slowly from side to side, her face still emotionless. "Come on Elise, show some kind of emotion to let him know you're not a threat. . . " She laid back her ears, that was all she could manage to show, despite trying to raise her cheeks to show a smile. "What is your name Sir?" She asked coldly. She'd be a cute kitty if she could only smile. 

"Well well well, look at that. Cute AND smart?" He grinned, delighted by her thinking, and liking her already. "The best one of course. Repeat after me: Yul B. Allwright." A name so positive, he might as well have chosen it himself. And his thought process revealed, he did! He absolutely did. It was both positive, and a preview to what kind of humor he was into. Still in a chipper mood, he added: "Feel free to call me Yul." It was probably a bit too early to walk hand in hand, so he at least gestured to follow him and took the lead.

As they walked, Yul stayed quiet. Why? Because there was a little problem he didn't account for. "Alright. You got her trust. So far so good... Now how will you explain that your home is a repurposed guard building?" He didn't pay her much attention, given they had a respectable distance. But yeah. This was NOT an ideal home to live in, given she was probably afraid of guards. "Well, she's smart, so am I. I'll just wing it."

A few minutes of walking later, they arrived at what looked like a guard barrack. Completely made of stone, 2 stories, and barred windows. "I know what it looks like, but I swear I live here." "Talk about bad luck. Probably should have painted it pink or something." "Think you can trust me for just a little bit more?" And considering how it looked, there was a believable lack of guards. Next thing to notice was a sign above it. It was the weird symbol of 2 snakes winding around a winged staff. The caduceus. If this was a guard barrack, it started to look less and less like one the more one looked at it. 

Yul went for the metal door and opened it with a key from his pocket. He reached for something at the wall, something clicked, and suddenly the interior was bright! How? Taking a look at the ceiling, it turned out he somehow made crystals glow. "If you think that is neat, just wait till you see the kitchen." The first floor itself was somewhat uninteresting because of how small it felt. There was a bookshelf, one big closet with different colored liquids and powders, 2 chairs, and a big and heavy looking table between the 2 chairs. There were also 3 doors, and since one of them was open, she'd see a very simple room there as well. Just a bed, and a small table. While she looked around, Yul closed the door, then locked it, and raised his hand. "Before you panic, I'm leaving the key in the door. You can leave yourself out whenever you like. I just don't want patients to borrow stuff without asking."

Moving on, Yul went through the door in the back and waited till she followed. This door lead to stairs which went up. He pushed a button there again, making the second floor light up, and pushed another to turn off the lights at the 1st floor. Memorizing where these buttons were would probably be a good idea. As they went up, they were in a kitchen right away, much more open than the narrow rooms down there. This floor was comfy~ The kitchen looked yet again expensive, with big wooden cabinets at 2 walls, an oven, a sink with what looked like its own water pump, one big open space with nothing (probably for cutting and preparing ingredients), and finally something normal: A not so big, but comfortably big table with a chair. "Be a doll and sit down over there for a while, okay?" As for himself, he went to the cabinets. 

Knowing she was very hungry, he knew he didn't really have the time to make a casserole. It had to be something quick. Really quick. Her gazing at the cupboards did not go past him, and last thing he needed was her wolfing through all ingredients. So he pulled out a pan, some oil, a couple of eggs, and not even two minutes later, he was coming to the table with a platter of scrambled eggs, and a mug full of water. "Elise, right? Here's how we will do this. You're going to eat slowly, and enjoy the meal. If you want more, you just tell me, and I'll make you more. The idea is that if you hurry, you won't give your stomach enough time to catch up, and probably throw up over my floor. Can we agree that this would be bad?" He put the platter and mug down within her reach, as well as a metal spoon, and simply waited for how she would react. 

She stared up at him like he was the only thing in her eyes, she nodded curtly, her bangs swishing cutely. "Yul B. Allwright." She annunciated his name exactly as he did. "This must be a fake name, is he leading me on? He doesn't seem to think so? I'm sure his real name is something embarrassing like Carter or Timmy." She again copies his tone, "Yul". She nods and follows him very closely like a puppy never more than a foot or two behind him. Her movement is quiet and purposeful as she steps lithely to avoid unnecessary attention. At times he might have to look back over his shoulder to notice that she was indeed following him. 

"Why was he leading her somewhere guards were? Repurposed? It was a guard post. . . " She understood as they walked, his thoughts made present to her inquisitive mind. As they walked closer to his house she noticed the familiar shape of a guard barracks, her eyes drawn to the medical sign over the door. He practiced medicine? "I trust you." She says briefly in response to his question, she brings her hands in front of her and holds them together almost like a maid in waiting. Her eyes look about however as she watches her/their backs. As the door opened she went up on her toes to look around the room over his shoulder but still couldn't see. She sighed and waited for him to walk in and activate the lights. As the color in the room flicked on her amber eyes lit up in the glow. "This is interesting, it must be magic." She says before following him inside, there is no panic in her form as she enters. His comments on the door receive only a blank look from her face. "He doesn't want someone stealing from him, yet invites a thief into his house? What an odd man." She thinks to herself, her eyes drawn to the bookshelf, she was curious about what was in them, but she wouldn't interrupt his tour to find out, still she made a mental note for later. Her hands moved behind her back as she followed him further into the house. 

She walked up the steps one at a time careful not to move too quickly due to her tattered rags. As the door opened to a full kitchen her eyes widened again, was he really going to feed her? She was so hungry she could eat a whole chicken. Her eyes noted every elegant element of his kitchen, the nobs, the cabinets, the counter, the silverware, he must have been rich indeed. "Where does he get all of this money? What kind of doctor is this rich in a city where healing magic exists? It must mean he has alot of gold." 

As he instructed her she obediently followed his instruction moving to sit at the big table that dwarfed her. Her chin barely reached over the table. From there her emotionless eyes watched him. Her eyes noted the various ingredients and foods, alot of them she recognized, she mentally noted them and their locations for later in case she needed them.  "Pan, Oil, eggs. He must be making scrambled eggs. I like scrambled eggs. Will he eat too?" As the food began to fill the room with a rich aroma, she couldn't help but wag her tail in expectation. She wanted food desperately and being this close was torture. It reminded her of passing the baker's or the tavern. To be so close yet be denied. She wasn't convinced he wasn't entirely going to eat it in front of her, but he seemed earnest to some degree. 

As he brought the food and mug over to her space she looked up at him blankly, "I agree. Will you be eating Yul?" She asked, refusing to start eating until she knew what the table manners should be. Looking at the mug she realized how thirsty she was as well. She could lap it up right now if only for table manners. Instead she crossed her ankles and patiently awaited his answer before eating slowly and carefully. Her slow movements of her hands and the way she kept her chin up reminded him of how nobles ate, how people with dignity behaved, despite her street trash appearance. 

Was she worried the food was poisoned? Well. He couldn't blame that thought, but considering she could watch him the whole time, no. That was probably not it. "Yup. I had a long day too after all." He walked back to the kitchen area, and talked on his way there. "And it was a rough. Almost got mugged, imagine that." He chuckled, then looked at her. Odd. Why wasn't she eating? He thought about it and it dawned on him. "Oh! No need to wait for me. Dig in." Come to think of it, her behavior was odd, though in a good way. Starting with the obvious, she was smart. Really smart. Not the kind of smart you would usually attribute to a kid. "Rational, pays attention, talks quietly on purpose, has manners even." And it hit him when he took a peek over his shoulder to check on her. The way she used her spoon, the way she held it between her fingers. "I'm dealing with a noble kid, aren't I?". Kids her age usually held it with their fists, not precisely with their fingers. This was... good~ Also probably trouble, but mostly good. "I'll have to probe her for how educated she is ASAP~" 

And so was the food. He somehow found the time to add some spices to the eggs while frying them. Hungry or not, he was giving her food genuine care, not just leftovers. "Now what to make next? Something with less oil obviously. Too heavy on her stomach otherwise." Well, now that he had time, why not stew? "Some veggies, some meat. Yeah. That sounds like a plan." He took out a pot that would definitely be big enough for 2 people, and showed that the hand cranked pump worked flawlessly, filling it with water. He then made a gesture at the oven, causing something to light up, and put the pot on it. Magic? Yes, but it didn't come from him. He just activated it. He then went to take out a fair sized chunk of meat out of one of the cabinets, one of which seemed to have a light inside and quite a fair amount of meat, fruit, and again odd colored things in glass containers. There was a certain theme to his appliances. Convenience. 

And not much later, he came back to the table, this time with a bowl and spoon for himself, and a big pot full of stew with potatoes, beef, carrots, as base ingredients. He did pour in some wine and vinegar earlier as well though, a fair bit of pepper too, and oil. Before taking anything else out of the bowl however, he fished out a metal ball with holes in it. "What? I like the taste of onions, but not their texture." This way the stew got that hint of onion taste, but without the bits. Or in other words, he was a picky eater. 

Some time later, the two of them had an empty pot between them, full stomachs, and dirty dishes. Pretty much how a quiet evening was supposed to look like. Yul looked quite relaxed as well, which was a given considering the stew and cute company~. "Now then." He started, leaned forward, and pushed the pot aside. "What's your plan from here?" She could still try to mug him of course, or look for more targets tomorrow, but that wasn't much of a plan. Thinking he might have hit the nail on the spot, he added an offer before she could answer. "Because if you don't have any, how about you stay here?" He of course would want to know more about her before actually deciding to keep her around, but hey. So far she made a great first impression.

Edited by Mini Magi

"He's quite diligent isn't he? He's careful. What an exception." She quietly and elegantly ate the eggs he'd provided, content with the added flavor from the spices, it was rather nice, far more than she was used to. She heeded his advise fully by eating slowly to not rush her stomach. "If I had what he had perhaps I wouldn't have left, it seems easy for him to cook a meal. I wonder if he has such contraptions for cleaning?" She nodded slowly to each of his comments as he worked, so he didn't like onions, it wasn't unusual, some people didn't have a choice however. As the soup was raised Elise tested it with her nose first but found it just as to her liking as the eggs. She ate far more than one would expect a girl her size would. Likely the days of starvation. Despite her immediate hunger, she never sacrificed a certain presence or manner. 

It was odd for her to be in a domestic setting like this, especially seated at the table. She watched him emotionlessly, like a crow would an oddity. She kept her elegant behavior as he pushed the pot and began to question her. "Stay? My plans hardly range outside basic needs at the moment, I suppose proper attire would be desirable among other amenities. Why would you allow a strange girl to stay with you? You hardly know me Yul." 

She was also filled with trepadation at the idea of staying with someone she didn't know either, but her unique talent gave her a greater sense of understanding of such things. Regardless, what if she stole from him? His house certainly had enough valuables to keep her fed for weeks, so why not go through with her plan and use her powers to get what she wanted? . . . Well it was quite unlady like wasn't it? "If I abuse my gift I'm no better than those I left, perhaps the honest route is the most proper, maybe I will take him up on his offer. At least for a night. He seems rather lonely, I can feel it, alittle company might make him happy so he'd lower his guard. Yes, that will be my plan for now. Gain his trust, then the time will come for a greater decision, but in order to do that I have to charm him into believing I'm hardly a threat at all." 

"Yul, I accept your offer. Only under the condition that you permit me to purchase a new set of clothes. I'd rather not walk around a odd breeze away from exposing myself to a young man. If you accept my terms, I'm certain we can be of benefit to one another. For instance, I could clean your dishes now while you rest to prove my worth." She stands and begins to move towards the kitchen purposefully. 

She asked him a fair question, again conforming that she was smart. Also troublesome, but hey. It was more fun if she used her head instead of jumping at every opportunity. "Because of the way you act and think. I'm fully aware I might get myself in trouble when dealing with you, but I also think you are worth it. Someone so small yet so well spoken has potential for greatness. No way I won't at least try to be part of that. Plus: Super cute. What wasn't there to love about her already?" 

Oh? So she wanted just some clothes for now? Fair but... "What a spoilsport. Fair though." True. She really couldn't be walking around in... whatever that was for much longer. "Deal. I know just the store for you. But it's late, so you'll have to wait a day for it. One thing however." He watched as she got and went to the kitchen, for now not questioning her. "Let's agree that there are things we both want to keep secret for now. I'll tell you my things if I ever feel like telling you, and you can do the same. Not that I won't have my theories, but hey, she probably has 2 or 3 too by now. Kinda curious what she thinks about the eyes."

Edited by Mini Magi

Elise turns and looks at him quizzically, her head tilting slightly. "Secrets? By telling me you have them you are by design entreating me to ask about them? If you simply want an agreement that we don't have to share everything like a married couple you should just say so. I respect your decision and agree to your terms. Now where is the dishrag?" She turns and searches for a moment before finding the rag and beginning her cleaning routine. Her motions are effortless, elegant, as if she's done them a thousand times. She uses the soap and rag in little ways that seem to simple wash away the grime and burnt elements. She hardly moves her lower body as she works, standing like a statue as her arms move like a merry go round. The only motion is the exception of her fluffy tail which sways side to side as she works. 

"So, he wants me here as a romantic partner. At the very least as company. My initial reading is that he's a pervert, he'd likely keep me in this tattered dress if he could, though that makes the prospect of having him choose my next attire daunting. Still, everything is a give and take with him. Transactional. I can understand this, I can thrive here. Though I sadly won't be able to prevent myself from knowing his inner thoughts, I could at the least try not to dwell on them. . . why would he wonder about his eyes? They are certainly different, but they are no less attractive than any other. I think it is best I try to be useful to him and present myself as a romantic companion for as long as possible to earn his trust." 

"Where will I be staying? If you don't mind me asking. I am tired already though not from servicing your dishes but from the food making me sleepy. Perhaps. . . if you don't trust me yet. I could rest in the room while you go about your business so you can keep an eye on me?" She asks elegantly suggesting that she stay in the room with him while he works, if he works. 

Yul sighed quietly while she turned away. "Good job Yul." If she turned to him however, he looked as cocky and amused as ever, with a little grin even. Though his eyes didn't focus on her exactly. "You know what? Nevermind. At least she got the point that I won't be asking every detail about her." The intention was to give her a feeling of safety, a lack of curious eyes, that she could simply tell him when something bothered her. And unfortunately, it seemed like he slightly missed that mark. "I'll just try again another time, maybe. No need to rush." 

When the subject of her staying came up, he brought up a good point. Where WOULD she be staying? "I guess I can let her have a patient bed for now. Got 3 of them after all. But that won't do for the long term." He looked into the hallway, going through the rooms mentally. There was his own room, the bath, the toilet right next to the bath, and his lab. "Can I move the lab down? ...Probably not. Got no ventilation down there. Fumes would be too much trouble." Well. He'd figure something out. "You saw some rooms downstairs, right? Let's get you to one of those for now." Yul got up, then took a peek at her work as he walked past. "And good job."  

Yul took her to one of the rooms, the one closest to the stairs, and let her go in first. It was a very very simple room. Just a bed, a window with curtains, and a small table in front of it. "This is a patient room. Usually used when I have someone in need of attention over a few hours, sometimes a few days. With that being said..." He reached into his pockets and put a small notebook on the table, a pen, and then took out a measuring tape. "Sit on the bed. It won't be a minute." The bed itself was... by the gods, heavenly soft! It even gave her a little bounce when she sat down. And the pillow looked comfortably puffy. As if it had only 2/3ds of the maximum possible stuffing. "Hey. Focus on me. Now open your mouth and say "Ahhhhh." He took a look inside her mouth, taking some notes right after. "Now do as I tell you and let me know if it hurts anywhere, no matter how little or much." He then instructed her to raise her arms, to bend left and right, stretch her legs, move her feet a little, and lastly: Hold still while he took measurements of her arms, shoulder with, and total height.

When she moved her feet, he noticed a few mild injuries. Barely worth mentioning for some maybe, but he assumed they would trouble her while walking anyway. "I could give her painkillers, but maybe I'm overthinking this. I'll just allow her to bother me if she can't sleep and then work something out." But okay. Aside from her feet, she was relatively fine, which meant there was only one thing left to keep her up with. "Look... I'll be honest with you. I'm not good with people because they keep finding ways to stab me in the back. And if I'm honest, I think you will too, and I'm just curious to see how you'll do it. Not that you'll have any luck with that. But... On the odd chance you actually want a home here, manage to suppress all stabbing urges, and don't mind an odd eyed guardian, my offer is as genuine as can be. I'll feed you just like I did today, we'll go shopping tomorrow, heck. I'll even give you pocket change for the work you do. Probably even more if my plans work out. Who in their right mind wouldn't want a smart and cute little girl in their house who isn't blood related after all? Meh. And before I make this any more weird, just have a good night, and make sure the door is closed if you decide you want out after all. Or do you need anything else?" If she didn't, he would be out of her room pretty much right away.   

With a look of contentment she looked up at him, "Of course, my work is always good, it's my profession. If there is anything else you need please inform me Mr. Yul." She walked after him so quietly he'd almost miss her if it wasn't for his superior senses. "A patient room? Why do I feel like I'm in more of an asylum than a hospital. Perhaps its simply because of this odd man. A girl can't complain." Finally they reached the patient room and as the door opened her emotionless amber eyes took in the view, carefully measuring the exits, the windows, the bed, anything of use to her. "Do you consider me someone that needs treating Yul? Am I another patient to you, how about another problem to be fixed?" she asks quietly as she walks in and paces around. 

Despite all of her seriousness, her cold candor, she hoped cutely onto the bed with a swish, her hair bouncing around her. The material was so soft, she wondered what it was made out of? and how a doctor like him could afford such a thing. Although her face showed little reaction, he could see her bushy tail swaying happily. "This is very soft. Are you going to treat me on this bed?" She asked as he began to get her attention. She opened her mouth and let him examine her. She couldn't help but listen into his thoughts, curious what he was thinking about examining her, wondering what he thought of her chest, her frame, her sleek shoulders. Was he as perverted as she thought? 

As he confessed his situation Elise stared blankly at him, like she did with everything else he said. He was wise to think that she was going to back stab him, "He's right, I'm sure lots of people have taken him for granted, especially in this part of town. He seems so earnest, poor guy really has been used if he feels the need to say all of this. Do I feel. . . guilt? No, not really. If he opens himself up everytime it's his own fault. Hopefully just some fluttering of my lashes and a few cute looks I'll at least get a new pair of clothes and some things to hock. Still. . . he's very cute." Without thinking she extended her hand and softly touched his cheek, her small hand was warm, soft. She cupped his sharp chin and lifted his head. He found her face the same, but a accidental blush lightly playing across her cheeks. "I won't hurt you Yul. I won't take anything, I promise. I'll leave the door open if you need me just call." "Was it weird to tell someone in their own home that she was at his call? Oh well, she was used to it."

Just when he was about to get up and leave, she gave him an unexpected gesture. A gentle touch to his head to make them look at each other, and a promise that sounded genuine. His thoughts were empty, except for a warm emotion. A feeling he didn't quite have the word for. His eyes were calm, since he seemed to accept her words as they came out of her mouth. And why wouldn't he? If he was honest, he wanted to have someone to trust him, to be there for him. Yet in the next moment, his the emotions inside his head changed, as if he got reminded of something bitter, hateful. He chuckled once, and his cocky expression and smirk returned. "Neat." It wasn't her fault, though, so his mind didn't focus this bitterness on her.

Yul got up and went for the door, talking over his shoulder as he looked back. "Let's find out how much your word is worth, then, eh? But same to you, and good night." And with that, he went upstairs, yet the thought process wasn't entirely done. "She'll just steal a few coins, like the others, thinking I won't notice them. Lie. Use her charms. Too smart. A Little devil. Should probably just have left her to the guards. Still could..." Following where his footsteps went upstairs, and the sounds that came with it, he let some water run somewhere. Probably the kitchen or the bathroom he mentioned before. "Alright, alright. Focus. No need to give in to the impulses. Just. Calm. Down. There's no rule that everyone is a snake." His thoughts slowed down, memories flooded through his mind. Faces of a group of people. Adventurers who at first seemed happy, until their faces faded dark. Was this the source of his anger? And then it stopped. The sound of running water stopped, and so did the images. A little wave of mild anger came up. Annoyance? And one last thought. "I should have just fucked her adorable little ass into submission. THAT would have been the easy way. She could've handled it too. She's almost perfectly healthy." And for the rest of the night, his thoughts were quiet.

[The next day]

By the time she woke up, Yul was already awake and busy in the kitchen. He was rolling out dough, kneading it by hand without even a single huff as it was nothing. Yet the stuff looked like it was quite some work. He was quite focused on that too, giving it effort, and obviously not for only his sake. Judging by the amount, this was not a one-person serving he was working on. As for his thoughts, he was too focused on his work to have any specific ones. But the few ones he did have were calm and focused.

• Love 1

Elise slid further up the bed, she didn't get beneath the sheets, she was still wearing dirty rags after all, it would be rude to do so. Instead she curled up in a ball, her fluffy tail surrounding her. Well this is alot better than where we were last night right? Better than curled up on the cold stone floor. Elise you have a good thing here, and he seems smitten. Perhaps you should just play it cool, be calm. She exhaled and stared for a moment at nothing, her training flooding back into her mind, she steeled her thoughts and closed her eyes as they returned to emotionless. Her sleep was troubled despite the comfort of the sheets and pillows beneath her. She twitched and shivered as if she was still in the cold, as if she was still receiving what she deserved. . . 

She woke up with the sun. She didn't know what to do, she sat in her room looking at the door, her tail slowly swishing, her tummy rumbling. She should just steal something, he wouldn't mind right? No-no, Elise not yet. Maybe he'd make something better than she could steal? As the time ticked by her hopes would be confirmed by the sounds upstairs in the kitchen. Rising elegantly she adjusted her dress and walked to the door. Opening it she stepped outside, she'd already cleaned herself up as much as she could with water, not a shower though. She didn't want to come across as presumptuous. Quietly she stepped her way upstairs to the kitchen, she was so quiet anyone else would be surprised but for some reason she suspected he knew she was there already. Once she made it to the top of the steps she noticed him working on the dough. 

"That's difficult work, do you need help Yul?" She tilted her head cutely, her hands behind her back, her tail swishing lightly. She was rather used to such work, though for her it was so taxing that she honestly hated it. None of her distain leaked into her voice as she took the same emotionless candor as always. Walking closer she gazed at the dough, then up to him, "You don't have to do everything alone." She said softly, a statement said by others would sound intimate.

• Love 1

Yul eventually noticed her steps, and turned to her when she spoke up. "Ah great. The adorable distraction is here." She really was adorable. Had the infamous tail swish and everything~ And while the offer itself was neat, there was one little thing in the way of that. "Try not to take it the wrong way, but currently, I don't want your adorable little ass anywhere near raw ingredients. You need a bath." A new set of clothes too, but one thing at a time. "Come to think of it..." Yul reached down into one of the cupboards, then tossed her a ball, roughly the size and color of a lemon. Once she caught it, she'd notice that it was... dusty? Wait no. Powdery. It had the faint scent of lemon too, but not that strong. "You're promoted to product tester. Congratulations. How about I worry about breakfast while you go take a bath with that? It's behind you, first door to the right in the hallway. Great as I am, I even put a surprise for you there." He had a little chuckle at that, then let her to take care of herself. If he wouldn't have been afraid of her falling asleep in the bathtub, he would also let her have her bath yesterday. But hey. Better safe than sorry.

Once in the bath, it quickly turned out either how much effort Yul put into his home, or how much money he might possibly have. The bathroom wasn't some standard bath. It had a plastered floor, walls, and ceiling, all from white stone tiles of some sort. The tub was made of a different but smooth stone, big and spacious, roughly 3 of Yul's steps in length and width, and deep enough for someone of her size to fully submerge herself if she wanted. The last things to notice was a pump, and 2 symbols on the side of the tub, at which Yul stuck 2 notes with symbols.

Hand + This button's symbol = Fire
Hand + This button's symbol = Ice

Experimenting a bit showed that the buttons didn't do anything at first. But once enough water was pumped in, they gave a soft glow. Holding down on either quickly either heated the water up, or cooled it, making it easy to get one's personal perfect bath temperature. As for the ball Yul gave her, it started to dissolve quickly once it came in contact with water. It even turned it slightly yellow, and gave it a lemon scent. It even seemed to do wonders for her hair once she got to it, working like shampoo, just without foam. The last detail she noticed would be after the bath. Hung on the door knob was one of Yul's shirts, somewhat reworked into a dress, black in color. It was definitely not something to brag about, but the material felt smooth and soft, the holes for her arms were at the right position, and there was even a hole for her tail.

And by the time she was done, the scent of meat was in the air. A thick aroma, accompanied by something else. Bread perhaps? Her nose (and logical reasoning) would lead her back to the kitchen, where Yul just took out what looked like a giant spatula out of the massive oven, with a decent amount of chicken rolls on it. They were hot! They even sizzled from the leftover heat. "Hey. Great timing. Any problems on your end?"He put it on the table, then carefully scratched them off the metal with a wooden spatula, and onto a platter where he piled them up, then closed the oven, and pushed the platter to her direction. "Breakfast on the go. For those who have some shopping and errands in the early morning. What do you think?" He didn't put in many spices this time, but meat probably didn't need many of anyway. If anything, there was just a hint of salt and very little pepper.

Edited by Mini Magi

Elise tilted her head at the varying symbols. She was a fast learner, she turned them both to be roughly equal, with the fire being measurably stronger. She watched as the tub began to fill with water. She held the yellow ball to her chest as she used her other hand to operate the machine. Stepping back as it began to fill she watched curiously. What amazing things he's created, an automatic tub. I would have to walk for hours to gather enough water and then heat it over a stove or fire in order to replicate the same experience. He really is amazing. I wonder where he gets ideas like this? I will have to find out. Now what does this strange ball do? Is it soap? Why lemon? Is it his favorite scent? Curiously she placed the orb in the water only to watch it disintegrate moments later as the bubble began to lather and coat with the yellow soapy bath bomb. She blinked her eyes at the odd reaction, she stepped back from the tub and reached up allowing her clothes to fall to the ground, once she was naked, her hands having slid her panties down her legs she stepped carefully into the bath, testing with her foot and finding the temperature needed adjustment. She put a few more guzzles of warm water in before finding it just warm enough not to scald her, just like she liked~ 

Once inside the bath she used the water to scrub herself clean, she found her hair and skin particularly soft as the bomb had a special reaction. She found the whole thing rather sensational. She spent too long in the bath, it began to cool, he might start wondering where she was. Sitting up she looked around the bathroom, her hair tumbling wetly into her face. She noticed no towel, she did see his shirt, it must have been his surprise. With no towel she reached and took her old clothes as she stood. Drying herself with the material she cast it off and checked her scent, she absolutely poured with the scent of lemons. She dried her hair, her tail and ears before taking his shirt and examining his work. It seemed that sewing wasn't one of his strong suits. Good thing she possessed such a skill. She slid the shirt over herself, popping her head free from the material. She pulled her hair out too as it reached her shoulder blades. Looking about she suddenly realized she didn't have any clean underwear. She shrugged, she would just go without it. 

Opening the door she walked her way up stairs, her hands careful to make sure the hem of his shirt didn't come up to much to expose her secret. With his enhanced senses who knew what he would notice. Her ears laidback cutely, she approached him, smelling like his work, dressed in his shirt, her hair a little damp. "Your machine is rather impressive, it was the warmest bath I've ever taken. Where do you get your ideas?" She walked further into the room and made it to the table sitting down, careful to make sure the hem was under her thighs. "My only issue was that you didn't provide me a towel I'm afraid. I had to use my old clothes. It isn't a problem." She pushed some of her hair behind her ear as he approached with the food. She brought her hands together as he slid the platter of food to her, "Thank you for the meal Yul." 

Eating hungrily she made sure to eat everything he gave her. She maintained appearances throughout but eating such fine food made her more aware of how much she had missed good cooking. "I would love to eat and go, I may walk somewhat slower while I eat." She was eager to panties most of all. She was comfortable being here around him, even though she knew he was a pervert, going outside was a lot more of a possible embarrassment. Taking her food on the go she sits up and holds it close as she follows him like a cold faced puppy. 

• Like 1

Wait, did he really forget to put down a set of towels for her? Oh silly Yul. "My bad. Glad you could help yourself. FUCK! There goes my chance at a wet shirt view. Clever little rascal." But at least she felt better about herself regardless, and he appreciated the compliment. Who wouldn't like their ideas and inventions get some praise? "From the future." His thoughts repeated that reply, giving no indication that it was a joke or lie. "I simply like to think sometimes about how some things should work in the future. Running water for homes, proper heating without the dangers of fire. There is a lot you can do with just heat and cold. All you have to do is figure out what, and how to do it. Oh, and if you ever get to cook, the oven over there? It has the same knob, and uses it to heat up the stone plate below it with no fire. That cupboard there is a cold storage to preserve food better. Lastly, the lights in the ceiling? Similar, but I'll bore you with that some other time. No way I can sum up Aetherology in a few sentences." So since that was a story for another time, Yul instead brought the platter of chicken rolls to the table, a jug full of water, and 2 mugs to drink from. And after breakfast was done, it was time to move out. As for the remaining rolls, Yul simply put them into a paper bag, and into his jacket for later.

Yul brought her down with him and noticed that she was careful about how quickly she moved down the stairs, somewhat fixated on the hem of the shirt. Then it hit him. "Wait. You don't have any underwear, don't you?" In hindsight, he should have thought of that too. Sure, his interest in her was good ol selfish lust, but even he had standards. "Yeah. One little breeze and you'll make a few people either uncomfortable, or really interested in you. Well. We can't have that, can we?" Since they were already down, Yul went behind the counter and looked through the shelves below it. Did he have panties there? Unfortunately no. Anything her size already in his possession was a convenience neither of them had. But he did have some yarn and a needle for sowing, and turned with them to Elise. "Okay. I know it will look dumb, but what I wanna try to do is just sew the front and back of the hem together under you. So?" He went down on one knee and already fiddled with the yarn to thread the needle. "Come a little bit closer, garb my hair with your hands, and do your best to not rip it out while I work." Yul waited till she did as she was told, not rushing her, giving her enough time to picture what could happen if she refused. And in the end left it to her. If she refused, he'd simply get up, and if not, he would have carefully and discreetly sown the front and back of the shirt's hem together with just a few stitches. Strong enough to keep it together if a breeze came up, yet weak enough for her to rip it apart should she need to. 

And after that, there was nothing in the way of going out. Yul checked his pockets if he had everything they would need, pointed her to a pair of straw sandals, and with everything done and checked, went out with her in tow. The city was just starting to wake up as well, with most people still being at home, and only some stores opening. The bakery looked interesting. Or at least if would have if they didn't have meat for breakfast. "Maybe for the way back." While walking, 2 things were worth noticing. The first would be that Yul was somehow aware of where Elise was, even if she fell back, went ahead, or he turned his head to look at something. Not once did he bump into her, although he very well should have. The other were the things he looked at. Or in other worlds, the people. Most of the time he just reacted to them looking at him, looking back at them, causing them to look away again. Their thoughts were anything but kind. "It's Yul again. Demon. Why is he still in business. Leave. He stared back! Why won't the guards do something?" It was safe to say that despite his skills, Yul had an unkind relationship with the people who knew him.

Eventually they made it into a store that had a roll of yarn and a needle on the sign that hung above the street. "There we are. Mind staying just behind me for a bit?" The moment Yul entered, the lady behind the counter spoke up right away. "Well, if it isn't my least favorite customer." The lady in question wore a dress. Bright red, roses made from fabric around the neck of the dress, and a large extravagant hat with a single rose that matched the dress in color. "Oh please. We both know you just say that because I actually let you work for your money. Like hell I'll buy any of THAT stuff for myself." He looked to his left where a couple mannequins posed, and shelves upon shelves were full of clothes. Jackets, dresses, underwear, affordable accessories without jewels, pants. Whatever one could want was there, so long as they wanted something to wear. Except for Yul's outfit. Come to think of it, his coat did stand out a little when compared to the average person. But that was probably another subject for another time. "Quite. But I'm afraid I am too busy for you today. Finally one of the more interesting customers~ If only I had the patience for him today." So while she also had mixed feelings, she at least could appreciate him as a paying customer. "Funny story actually. I'm not here for me." He gestured behind his back for her to come out of her hiding spot, and when she did, the lady greeted her with: "Oh. Well good day little la- WHAT IS THAT?!" Shock was all over her face. As if she wanted to ask Why, how, what in a single expression. She took a moment to compose herself, calmed down a little, and focused on her. "Darling, what in the world are you wearing. Wait. Don't tell me. His creation?" She pointed at Yul while keeping eye contact with Elise. "This is the aptly named "Madame Fashion". Big dreams of being a designer, despite living in a small city. Quite harmless, unless you insult her taste. Which is fun to challenge~"