Under the Mistletoe (Pixel and Harmony)

Even if they were very different, there wasn’t anyone who had got Harmony the way Noah did. He made it safe to be herself. She didn’t have to worry if a hair was out of place and honestly he was usually the cause for it. That thought alone was enough of a distraction that she almost missed what he said. But thank God that she didn’t. Otherwise she would’ve missed out on such kind words. She beamed, clutching the hand that held hers a little tighter. They were barely moving, just a simple swaying that was honestly good for her since she wouldn’t have to worry about ruining the moment with her awful dancing skills. And with the way Noah was insisting on saying and doing things that made her weak in the knees she couldn’t handle much more. 

His beloved.

Could she still be that? Harmony grinned back, rubbing the shoulder her other hand had been resting on fondly. “You know I could say the same about you,” she whispered, her heart joining her stomach with that fluttering feeling. This was nice, being this close. She didn’t even care if their movements didn’t quite match the melody and seemingly neither did he. His question caught her off guard as did the little spin which she just managed to make look somewhat graceful. “Well—“ she tried to reply but she was cut off by the shock of being dipped. She gripped onto Noah’s leather jacket, giggling as he pulled them back up. “Mr. DaSilva you’re full of surprises tonight.” They were closer this time, her body pinned to his and she nearly sagged in relief of how right it felt to be held like this. 

“As for me, well it’s the usual stuff. I keep busy. Charity work, visiting my friends, fashion shows, art galleries and whatever else I can do to occupy my mind. But most of the time I’m just hanging out in my suite with nothing but a good book and a nice mug of tea.” After she rattled off her list, she wondered if he had been asking about her love life in a roundabout way but then again he didn’t usually have a problem with being direct. So maybe he really just wanted to catch up. “What about you? You’re obviously busy with work but you know the saying…. All work and no play… what have you been up to, hun?”

@Pixel

• Love 1

"I didn't know I was so predictable before.", Noah joked at her comment about being surprised. Now, closer, their faces were basically side to side as they swayed with each other. He could feel Harmony's heart beating against his chest, even through the gentle press of her ample breasts. He looked over at her with a small smile, listening to how much she'd done and experienced since he last saw her. Beautiful, giving, glamorous, as always, but at heart a woman who enjoyed her peace and quiet, who sharpened her mind with a good book.

He half shrugged and his eyes drifted upward a bit, thoughtfully, at her question about his endeavors. "Mm... This and that.", He said, leaving a lot open for interpretation purposely. "I did, though, just finish a rough draft for a new story. I'll give you a little preview..", He said, sliding the candy cane he still held hooked around his finger between Harmony's lips.

"It's about a guy who likes this girl, a lot. They're practically inseparable. Great group of friends, they do well in college while studying different things, they're supportive of each other's ambitions... Things are great. But life pulls them in different directions, as it tends to do with people. They part ways, they pursue their dreams. To no one's surprise, they're both very successful over the years and life goes on. But, they never forgot each other, even through a few failed attempts at relationships...", He explained and twirled her again.

As he pulled her back in against him, he continued, "Years later, the guy is passing through their old home town and he wonders if he can find that old friend, so he stops by where she works. It's Christmas time and everything is very bright and exciting, he's enchanted, really, but then he sees her mingling in then crowd from a distance, wearing a beautiful red dress and a dorky Santa hat. She's everything he remembered... She's more.". 

He chuckled a bit to himself, "... And all those familiar old feelings begin to burn in him again, until she notices him and comes to say hello, when he was too chicken to do it himself. They talk, and dance, and... Well, he knows that he can't stay long, and will have to leave by morning on business but...", He turned his head to face Harmony and look into her eyes, "... He would really like to spend the night with her.".

He pointed upwards at greenery hanging above them, "I call it Under the Mistletoe.". His smile curled upward, just a bit more.,

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 1

She hadn’t meant to imply that he was predictable, not that predictability was an inherently bad thing—but, he seemed to take the comment in stride, and Harmony was grateful that she hadn’t managed to spoil the atmosphere with an unintentional remark. This dance was so nice, being reconnected with Noah was something that she hadn’t really thought about but then suddenly he was here. She was really in his arms and it felt wonderful. So no, she wasn’t trying to break this up any time soon. Luckily, he didn’t seem to be pulled away either. Feeling more relaxed, Harmony settled into her old flame’s arms once more, listening and watching with an amused, curious gaze as he explained what he’d been up to lately.

But as he spoke she started to tense up again, giving a small squeak when he put that damnable candy cane he’d been sucking on and toying with into her mouth! Her tongue lapped at the minty stick reflexively, and Harmony savored the flavor even while she waited worriedly for Noah to finish his story. The details were adding up to an all too familiar tale. It was difficult to keep up with the dance and his words, both making her putty in his hands. Luckily her dear friend was quite patient with her throughout all this. And then she was pulled close to his chest, the warmth of his body calling out to her, wooing her just like his words. Her heart twists painfully when he says he can’t stay long but she shook it off, deciding that it only made tonight that much more special. 

Pulling the cane from her lips, she held it loosely as he turned to meet her gaze, smiling softly as he confessed to wanting to stay the night with her. And then she followed where he was pointing with her eyes, head tipping back slightly as she finally noticed the mistletoe. The title of Noah’s story coinciding with reality. God, could this be any more romantic? “An apt title,” she mused, echoing his grin. “Noah…. I, I really want to spend the night with you too. I can think of nothing better than being in your company.” She pressed closer, looking at him through lowered lashes. “Now then, I do believe there’s a certain tradition regarding mistletoe….” Smirking, she leaned forward, finally pressing her mouth to his. The resurgence of old feelings sending a jolt through her body as they connected. 

Harmony moaned softly in appreciation, the soft, velvety sensation of his lips were somehow better than she remembered. Or maybe it was the moment itself? Harmony continued to press and rub and latch her mouth onto his, earnestly and with her desire evident. She needed more. Immediately she slipped her tongue out to sample him, hopefully coaxing him to deepen the kiss. If they were going to be spending the night together then she knew what she wanted to be doing… at least for a good portion of the night. 

• Love 1