The Workshop

The Workshop was where a large portion of the islands engineering was done. A large two story building, with two large bay doors, was located in near the middle of the Entertainment District. The front of the build held a large yard with various machine in various states of repair and use in it.  The inside had a multitude of workstations and tools. This is where a  majority of the machines that are made on the island come from, as well as most of the weapons that outfit the Defense Squad. The head of the workshop was a gearhead named Coacoa. 

Connected directly next to the Workshop, was Cherrybomb Fireworks, run by none other than the islands lead explosive expert and artist behind the Islands firework displays, Cherrybomb. 

• 2 weeks later...

Texas: She looked at Amon as he drove the vehicle. How was the island treating her? She chuckles. 

"Heh...It's definitely taken some getting used to. People here are so..." she trails off in thought, trying to find the right words. "...open? And there's a lot of...well overly friendliness, I guess I would call it." Sge crosses her arms over her chest. "I feel more comfortable around the more unruly guests sometimes. Dealing with assholes I'm used too. Ginger and rest constantly worrying after me...It's been adjustment." She thinks for moment and then adds. "The monsters are definitely weird though."

She sits back a bit. "What bout you, handyman? You don't much seem like the type who would usually stick it out in a place like this. At least not from what I can tell. How do you feel about this place?"

@BladeRunner

• Love 1

Sp that was her answer,  it was reasonable but he had to disagree with Texas' statement about being around assholes. Well, Amon had to internally admit she had a point. Assholes were easier to deal with than the overly nice people of Sweet Treat, the assholes had been typically easy to read, they were "funner" given Amon constantly fought with and insulted them. In some ways he was like that, it was best to keep him from crowds especially when he beat Latte half to death. That particular man was indeed a royal prissy cunt but most likely didn't deserve the "Handymans" wrath,  that was a serious ass chewing he had to take. 

"What do I feel about the island... I honesty agree with you about people being a bit too nice, it's welcoming no doubt, weird at first but you kinda get used to it after a while. I prefer to stay my lane and get my work done. I came to this place by accident,  believe it or not, had a boat ticket for Hawaii and it got mixed up, was extremely paranoid because of... The openness. The island has settled with me mostly, still getting used to the oddities even after two years, monsters aren't easy to hunt, plumbing gets out of hand, I don't even have an understanding of magic related issues but it gets done." 

Upon approaching the massive workshop, Amon slowed it as he made his turn to the cover of the trees that lined that pathway of the fenced entrance area. Parking the ATV just outside the complex, he gets out and stuffs the keys into his pocket then turns to walk toward the buildings doors. His project wasn't quite done yet, but once it was, it was the answer to heavy firepower in case there was a major monster issue... Or pirates. As he opens the door, he gestured for Texas to walk through first, figured taking the interior hallways through the lobby area was better to catch that fresh A/C.

• 2 weeks later...

Texas: She takes in Amon's story. She found it interesting. It sounded both exceedingly normal, but also really odd. She had heard stories of people just opening doors and ending up in the Snack Bar, or the hotel. Or just stories of people just washing up on the beach, or walking of the jungle after having been lost in the woods. But Amon's story sounds as though he hadnt even left his own world. The transition was so...normal, which made it interesting. She couldn't help but chuckle about it as they approached the Workshop. It was a very Amon way of ending up on the island.

When they arrive, she jumps out of the vehicle and follows Amon to the door. "What a gentleman." She says as he opens the door for her and steps into the cool air conditioning. 

@BladeRunner

• Like 1