New Awakenings

"Maybe someone should put me back in the fridge." Draven bemoaned quietly as some of the others began to depart for their tasks without... knowing their tasks? "Great cohesion. It's like we were all training years for this mission." There was a quiet sigh as he looked to their small navigator. "SRK, if you don't mind, please send a sensor scan report of nearby planets to my quarters so I can review them later. Afterwards you may resume normal functions.... Oh! And... thank you for keeping us safe." There was nothing wrong with showing a little gratitude, after all, unrestricted AIs being what they are these days, he's shocked they didn't get jettisoned into space.

He just about finished his coffee when he looked over to Evee and spoke with the same cadence as he did everyone else. He knew there was a small language barrier, but relied on her distinct intelligence and remarkable ability to keep up thus far. "You will join me on the bridge while we do a flight path check, afterwards you'll be free to explore the ship and interact with the crew. I... think for the time being you should stay away from Lucky... seems like he's not exactly a morning person.... or a people person." 

As for Sonja, oh, nope, she's gone. He turned his next attention to Dr. Bloom. "Doctor, if you could send me a summary of the condition of hydroponics by the end of the day, I would appreciate it. Let me know if you need to requisition any seeds from storage."

He turned his attention to Miranda who knew her duties completely and felt a little redundant for saying them aloud, but it was more so she didn't feel forgotten especially after the exchange they just had at the table. "Best coffee I've had in ten years. I was not given any special dietary restrictions from the Luanari so my assumption is they can eat the same as humans... maybe you'd like Evee to assist you tomorrow so you can show her some culinary culture?"

With all that, thankfully the hullabaloo of their first-morning briefing had gone... spectacular... and by that, he means shift Foxtrot was looking enticing at this point. Hopefully they can somehow manage to not wreck this ship in the next year. "Everyone is dismissed otherwise."

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

SRK obeyed the command and while she did what she was told, at least she was not losing her cool to nag with someone this time. This special request made her access the scan system of the ship and once she could wake it up, she made sure to perform a scan of their surrounding as instructed. With her capabilities, she was then able to direct the results where the captain wanted them, which would make them accessible to whatever console would be found in his quarters. "All done! The scan results should be accessible in time when you return to your quarters. This unit will now proceed resume normal functions.", she spoke formally, not hiding a prideful smile upon being thanked.

Her normal functions were simple and, to anyone else, probably boring as well. Being an alert unit meant simply waiting for alerts or conversations and communications that would be deemed worthy of the captain's attention. It was a function she was able to put aside while she does what a goofball like her does... And there was not much she could do except really be curious about the crew that had awakened and joined her lively existence aboard the ship. SRK was not the kind to pry or approach others much as she was not really programmed to do so, so all she really did was mostly remain quiet and observe, unless addressed to or given an order that she was authorized to follow.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 3